Critical days, even if they come exactly on the calendar, can always interfere with something. For example, to undergo a routine medical examination, which includes many procedures. But there are also urgent cases that are not complete without a visit to the laboratory and hardware research. Therefore, it is useful for each woman to know whether it is possible to donate blood during menstruation, to conduct other tests.
It must be done regularly to monitor blood counts, the general condition of the body. There are several common tests:
- Biochemical. Gives an idea of the functioning of various organs, the level of metabolic processes by counting proteins, enzymes, bilirubin, cholesterol, etc.,
- Overall. Identifies the balance of red blood cells, leukocytes, platelets, ESR, hemoglobin level, which allows to determine the negative changes occurring in the body,
- For hormones. Needed to diagnose a variety of diseases, including gynecological,
- For sugar. Determines the level of glucose, allows you to identify endocrine disorders,
- Serological. Establishes the presence in the body of bacteria or viruses
- Immunological. Determines the level of disease resistance,
- Allergological tests. Identify intolerance to any substances
- PCR. Makes you aware of the presence of urological and gynecological infections. Sensitive to the presence of extraneous DNA,
- On coagulability. Allows you to find out the viscosity of blood, its deviations in one direction or another,
- On tumor markers. Detects the presence of a tumor, thanks to the vision of the proteins it produces.
Why not donate blood during menstruation
It is no secret that blood is a direct participant in menstruation. It falls into the discharge from the damaged vessels of the functional layer of the endometrium. Even if a woman is healthy, she accepts herself on critical days, she inevitably loses some blood. To be tested during menstruation means to subject the body to new stress.
Some blood parameters during menstruation change. Painful sensations inherent in critical days cause an increase in the erythrocyte sedimentation rate. This is a criterion characterizing the presence or absence of an inflammatory or infectious process. A woman with menstruation will have a significantly higher number of red blood cells and the number of platelets and leukocytes will decrease. Blood viscosity during menstruation often changes. All of the above means that the overall analysis, as well as clotting during this period is not sufficiently informative. If there is no urgent need to take them, it is better to wait for the middle of the cycle.
On critical days, the level of hemoglobin inevitably decreases, the biochemical components of blood change. Most women take painkillers that can affect the analysis. All this makes such a study insufficiently informative.
A monthly PCR analysis can give a false positive result for the reasons already described. Research on tumor markers will also have to be postponed until the end of critical days. Both of them reveal serious illnesses, so a mistake can lead to unpredictable and dangerous consequences.
When menstruation is not a hindrance to blood tests.
1. Regarding hormone research, it should be done on critical days. Best suited 5-7 day cycle. This is the most accurate way to find out the concentration:
- Luteinizing hormone,
It is important during this period not to take drugs, they can “smear” the result of the study.
2. Monthly can not also interfere with the serological analysis of blood. He will let you know about the infectious disease anyway.
This is another material that can tell the specialist a lot about the patient. Its components are subject to both external and internal effects. And if the latter is the one that carries information about health, the former can seriously distort the picture. Therefore, urine analysis during menstruation, if not to do without it, requires special conditions:
- Women need to wash immediately before collecting the material. It is unacceptable that the blood of menstrual flow, epithelium particles fall into the contents for analysis. However, you need to wash without disinfectants and antibacterial agents. They are also able to significantly affect the result,
- In order to avoid menstrual flow in the urine at the time of its collection, it is necessary to insert a tampon into the vagina.
And yet, despite the precautions, such a study during menstruation can give false data:
- Darker color means a violation of the outflow of bile or failure of the liver, and with red - glomerulonephritis. Menstrual blood, once in the urine, can give any shade, giving incorrect information,
- Increased specific gravity of the material in the presence of particles of menstrual flow incorrectly witnesses heart failure or diabetes mellitus,
- Turbid urine with red blood cells is able to induce false confidence that the patient has a malignant tumor of the female organs or the excretory system, arterial hypertension, systemic diseases or intoxication,
- A large amount of sediment with uterine epithelium, which during menstruation is very likely to cause the doctor to unreasonably suggest jaundice, cystitis, allergy to drugs or urolithiasis in a patient,
- A high white blood cell count will give deceptive information about the inflammatory process in the kidneys or urinary tract.
Science has given the opportunity to detect with its help many diseases at an early stage. This analysis has virtually no contraindications, makes it possible to evaluate the results of treatment and monitor the process. Ultrasound during the monthly informative if necessary examination of any organs, except those that are located in the pelvis. Last to identify pathologies in them need to look at certain days of the cycle. For example, the ovaries and uterus in 5-10 days. Thanks to the ultrasound specialist will identify the inflammatory process in the appendages, endometriosis.
Why it can not be held in critical days? There are several reasons:
- Menstrual bleeding can make invisible small tumors,
- The size of the endometrium on critical days is not determined,
- The use of a vaginal transducer during this period is inconvenient and unhygienic.
You can do ultrasound during menstruation in special circumstances:
- Intensive menstruation. Often they occur for pathological reasons, so the specialist needs to find out what happens in the genitals exactly on critical days,
- Likelihood of polyps, uterine fibroids or hyperplasia. The examination is carried out on 1-3 days of the cycle, until the thickness of the endometrium has increased,
- Cyst size up to 10 mm. During menstruation, it is clearly visible, you can identify its type and size,
- The need for examination of the follicle. This information is useful for infertility, violation of the cycle. It helps to reveal the day of ovulation.
The combination of all the existing tests for today gives a complete picture of the state of the body. A woman can feel great, and studies of her material in the laboratory or with the help of medical technology will let you know about the beginning of the disease. Or vice versa, the discomfort makes you think about the disease, and the tests will show that everything is in order, you just need to normalize your state of mind. Whether it is possible to donate blood, other material during menstruation, depends on the type of research and the degree of necessity. To avoid unnecessary worries about health due to possible errors in the interpretation of tests, it is worthwhile to postpone most of them until the end of menstruation.
Is it possible to donate blood for analysis during menstruation and when is it better to wait?
Passing a routine medical examination includes a large number of various procedures, among which are blood tests.
Regular menstruation, however, may interfere with the examination, since with its onset some blood parameters change. That is why it is important to know whether it is possible to donate blood for analysis during menstruation.
Is it possible to take tests during menstruation?
You can take a blood test during menstruation, however, you must warn the doctor before passing it, so that he makes an appropriate note.
If it is possible to postpone the analysis until the end of menstruation, it is better to do this so that the results of the analysis performed are more accurate and reliable.
The following types of tests are not recommended when menstruation occurs:
- on sugar,
- allergy test
- on coagulability,
- on tumor markers.
During the onset of menstrual bleeding in the blood, some indicators change. If a general analysis is performed, based on its results, the doctor may say that the red blood cells settle too quickly. Such indicators at any other time speak of an infection or inflammation developing in the human body.
A blood test for menstrual bleeding may show a decrease in blood platelets and leukocytes, but you may notice an increase in the number of red blood cells.
The level of blood clotting at the same time is reduced, as well as the content of hemoglobin in it, since the woman loses a sufficiently large volume of blood daily.
It is not advisable to take a sugar test at the beginning of menstruation, since the result is often false.
Biochemical analysis is not appointed during this period, because during menstrual bleeding the biochemical composition of the blood changes, and, consequently, accurate and reliable results cannot be obtained.
During critical days, an allergy test cannot be performed. The body becomes extremely susceptible. During the test, the results during menstruation are very different from those obtained on other days.
Immunological analysis, carried out in order to obtain a general characteristic of the immune system on resistance to viruses, should not be carried out during menstruation. Its results most often become false positive. You must wait at least 7–8 days after the critical days to get reliable results.
Polymerase chain reaction should not be carried out in the first days of the cycle. This type of test is prescribed to detect serious problems in the functioning of the body. This requires high accuracy, which cannot be obtained during the analysis during menstruation. Usually, doctors prescribe mid-cycle PCR.
Exactly for the same reason, they do not prescribe the analysis of tumor markers during this cycle time.
Blood counts are significantly different from normal, especially if a woman takes painkillers or antispasmodics.
In order to obtain the most reliable information about the state of the body, it is best to perform a blood test on the seventh day of the cycle.
What tests can I take?
Some of the tests prescribed by doctors should be taken during menstruation or on other, but strictly specific days. This is especially true of hormone tests.
The content in the blood of each type is tied to a cycle and reaches a peak at a strictly defined time. To donate blood for this analysis is necessary during menstruation or 5 - 8 days after its completion. The analysis is done when checking hormones such as:
- luteinizing hormone
- follicle-stimulating hormone.
Blood for FGS, luteinizing hormone, and prolactin are usually donated from 3 to 5 days of the start of the cycle. Testosterone must be taken from day 8 to day 10, and progesterone and estradiol on days 21-22 of the menstrual cycle.
During menstruation, you are allowed to take an analysis of syphilis (RW). The change in the blood of a woman at this time does not affect the detection of viruses in it.
Also, if the study is conducted to detect an infectious disease or during a serological analysis, blood may be donated, regardless of the day of the cycle.
If the doctor prescribes a blood test, it is best to clarify with him whether it is possible to carry out this procedure during the coming or coming menstruation. If he does not give any recommendations, then you can take the analysis regardless of the day of the cycle. However, most doctors still recommend carrying out the procedure no earlier than 3-5 days after the end of menstruation.
Blood testing during menstruation should be the same as any other day. That is - on an empty stomach. At the same time, the day before its passage one should abandon the use of fatty, sweet food, caffeinated beverages. Also, do not smoke or take alcohol. The day before the analysis, it is necessary to refuse to take medications that may affect the results of the analysis.
Normal blood count values during menstruation
Leukocyte counts during menstruation change. Usually their rate is from 3.5 to 10 thousand per 1 ml of blood. If the rate is increased, the doctor may suggest an infection or inflammation in the body.
The level of red blood cells usually ranges from 3.8 to 5.8 million per 1 ml. With an increase in the concentration of these bodies, one can judge the problems in the work of the cardiovascular system, poisoning and the loss of large volumes of fluid.
Hemoglobin level in the blood during menstruation is usually lowered. Normal rates are in the range from 120 to 160 g / l. With a significant decrease in performance, the doctor can diagnose anemia. With an increase, there is a high risk of detecting problems with blood clotting and chronic leukemia.
The color index of blood in a normal state usually ranges from 0.85 to 1.05. In diseases such as macrocytosis, folivododeficient anemia, vitamin B12 deficiency. If the indicator is higher than the norm, then the reason is the presence of hemoglobin synthesis or a decrease in the size of red blood cells.
The hematocrit normal varies from 35 to 45%. If the ratio of the mass of erythrocytes increases, then the percentage of the ratio changes in the same proportion.
If the concentration of erythrocytes is reduced, then this may indicate regular bleeding in the body, as well as hemolysis of erythrocytes. Sometimes this indicator is a sign of pregnancy and increased salt concentration.
A blood test given during the menstrual period is considered quite effective. Especially when it comes to analysis, handed over on the seventh - fifteenth day of menstruation.
It is at this time that it is best to undergo medical examinations. The body has already recovered after blood loss, but has not yet prepared for the upcoming "cleaning".
If an analysis is urgently needed to check the general condition of the body or to prevent a disease, then this time is considered optimal. To take tests on other days of the cycle should only be in urgent need, if you need immediate medical advice or prescription of drugs.
It should be remembered that the results of tests can not become a diagnosis. Only a doctor can identify the exact cause of the disease or the deviation of test indicators from the norm.
Is it possible to take a blood test on the days of the “critical period”? At this time, platelet and leukocyte levels are reduced. The erythrocytes settle at a greater rate, their number rises, the hemoglobin decreases, and the viscosity of the blood also changes. For these reasons, it is recommended to donate blood for analysis when the menstruation is over. This is best done on the third or sixth day after the end of the “critical days”.
What should be the indicators
A woman who is going to take tests for menstruation should be aware of what the indicators should be. If there are no pathologies, the number of leukocytes varies from 3.5 to 10 thousand / 1 ml. The concentration of red blood cells in the normal range from 3.8 to 5.8 million in 1 ml. Hemoglobin values are within 120-160 g / l. The color index ranges from 0.85 to 1.05. The hematocrit rate ranges from 35% to 45%. If the erythrocyte mass increases, this ratio also becomes larger.
When using antispasmodic or analgesic drugs, blood counts can differ significantly from normal ones.
What is allowed to take
If a woman is required to pass a blood test during menstruation, she should inform the doctor about the “critical days”. He will make the appropriate mark.
It is allowed during the ongoing menstrual bleeding to take the test for hormones. During ovulation and before menstruation, the female hormones undergo some changes. With the “critical days” it is allowed to take blood to clarify the concentrations of such compounds:
- follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH),
Уровень пролактина, кортизола, эстрадиола, а также ФСГ и ЛГ (лютеинизирующий гормон) нужно определять с первого по пятый день менструации. Исследование ТТГ, Т3 и Т4 (гормоны гипофиза и щитовидной железы) разрешено проводить и на 5-8 сутки 1 фазы цикла. Когда менструальный цикл переходит во 2-ю фазу, проводится анализ на 17-21 сутки.
The rate of prolactin in the bloodstream depends on the choice of the day for the study.
Allowed to be tested for suspected syphilis. If a woman has signs of an infectious disease, she can be examined on the recommendation of the doctor. The result will remain correct.
When it is forbidden to be examined
Women are not allowed such tests during the “critical days”:
- biochemical blood test during menstruation,
- general blood analysis,
You should not check the sugar and clotting, as well as banned allergy tests and studies on tumor markers.
The rate of coagulability with menstrual bleeding is significantly reduced. In addition, hemoglobin also falls. This is because a woman loses a certain amount of blood. It is not recommended to pass a study on sugar level because the result is incorrect.
The influence of menstruation on the biochemical analysis of the material. Against this background, the result may not be accurate. During the "critical days" the female body becomes very sensitive, so the indicators can vary greatly. Immunoassay results may be false positive. In this regard, doctors recommend waiting for seven or eight days until your period ends.
No PCR is performed on the first few days of the cycle. To identify serious pathologies in the body requires high accuracy. To achieve this accuracy in the "critical days" is impossible. If necessary, the study can be conducted in the middle of the cycle.
It is not recommended to donate blood to detect D-dimer levels. During the "critical days" the possible result is significantly overestimated. It is strictly forbidden to donate material for research on sexually transmitted infections. Due to the increased viscosity, the result can also become false positive.
If blood during the "critical days" period is taken from a vein, the result is also distorted. This is due to increased clotting and also negatively affects the result.
Research at a menstrual pause
Blood tests are often prescribed to women entering menopause. It is recommended to go to the laboratory on the seventh or fifteenth day of the cycle. The recovery of the body after blood loss has already happened, but there has not yet been a cleansing.
Blood donation is recommended for women who need urgent general health checks. The study is conducted and for preventive purposes. In addition, the doctor may recommend delivery of the analysis before prescribing a drug.
If during the menstrual period the woman takes any medication, she needs to notify the attending physician. Otherwise, it will adversely affect the result of the study.
Experts recommend to resort to blood tests during the "critical days" only in emergency cases. If a woman needs an urgent transfusion or surgery, the analysis is carried out.
A woman must remember that the result is never the ultimate basis for a diagnosis. Confirm the presence of pathology can only specialist. Given that the results are often in doubt, do not panic and try to recover on your own. Otherwise, there is a risk only to aggravate the problem.
We recommend related articles
Is it possible to take tests during menstruation - why “No”, in which cases “Yes”
Critical days are always on time, even if they start on time. They interfere with work, rest and medical examination. Repeatedly I had to hear the opinion from the side and from the doctors that during the menstruation it is impossible to donate blood. Is it really, and what is the reason for the ban? Are exceptions made to the rules?
A blood test can tell a lot. It is recommended to be examined at each disease, or once a year without cause for concern. Modern laboratories do several types of blood tests, the results can be obtained either immediately or after a few days.
- Blood chemistry. The study allows to identify the number of vital elements in the body: enzymes, cholesterol, proteins, bilirubin.
- General blood analysis. He has to pass most often. The study shows the number of red blood cells, white blood cells, platelets, ESR. These indicators indicate the presence or absence of the inflammatory process in the body, infection. The same blood test can determine the hemoglobin index.
- Blood test for hormones. Studies are conducted on specific days. Allow to find out the level of hormones in the body.
- Blood test for sugar. Studies reveal endocrine disruption in the body. Determines the glucose level indicator.
- Serological blood test. Using this study, bacteria and viruses in the body are detected.
- Allergological analysis. Blood tests are carried out to determine individual intolerance to certain components.
- Blood test PCR (polymerase chain reaction). Blood examination is carried out in gynecology. Allows you to determine the presence in the body of urological and gynecological diseases. Detects the presence of extraneous DNA.
- Blood test for clotting. The study determines the ability of blood to clot.
- Blood test for tumor markers. The study reveals the presence in the body of cancer and cancer cells.
In which case and why during menstruation you can not donate blood? What is special about menstruation?
Why are critical days an obstacle
During the period of menstruation, the woman is especially sensitive, vulnerable. For no good reason, she can cry or laugh. Acutely reacts to everything that happens to her, or around her. Referral to a blood test for additional stress. And it is no secret that many representatives of the fair sex are afraid of this process. Even faint. Critical days complicate matters. In addition, the monthly flow in all differently. For some, the discomfort stops after 3 days, someone suffers all 7. Naturally, the amount of discharge during menstruation is different. A weakened body with difficulty tolerates additional blood loss for analysis. Especially if it is taken from a vein.
Bans of a psychological nature are associated with fear for the health of a woman. But there are reasonable explanations for why blood should not be donated during menstruation.
Painful sensations during menstruation increase the rate of erythrocyte sedimentation. Examination of material collected on critical days will give a false result. The indicator allows to detect the presence of inflammation in the body, or infection. Further treatment is based on it. During critical days, the number of red blood cells, platelets, increases. Leukocytes decrease. In general, this situation can be interpreted as a positive result. A repeated research process in the absence of menstruation will indicate the absence of pathological processes.
Changes during menstruation blood viscosity. Therefore, viscosity testing is best done in the middle of the menstrual cycle. A general analysis of the material for research will also give a false result. Since hemoglobin drops during critical days, the biological composition changes. In addition, women have to take pain pills, other drugs that may affect the result. You can not conduct a study during the critical days for PCR and the presence of cancer tumors.
However, there are tests that must be taken during the menstruation period. A number of others relate to the presence of menstruation neutral. You can take on any day of the cycle, you can wait. Critical days are not a complete contraindication to the examination.
In which case you can donate blood during menstruation.
The study of hormonal levels should be carried out on certain days of the menstrual cycle.
- FSH, LH, prolactin need to pass from 3 to 5 days of menstruation,
- Testosterone - take from 8 to 10 day of the menstrual cycle,
- Progesterone, estradiol - 21,22 day cycle of menstruation.
There are several rules to follow. It is necessary to hand over material on research in the morning on an empty stomach. 1 day before the appointed time to refuse fatty foods, sweets, alcohol, coffee, smoking. Eliminate physical exertion, nervous tension, sexual contact. Ideally, you can not take medications, especially hormonal. If you can not stop taking medication, you need to inform your doctor. Failure to comply with the rules may give a false result. Repeated studies are conducted on the following critical days in the same laboratory.
Urinalysis during menstruation
Essential material for analysis that can tell about the state of health of a woman. If during the monthly it is impossible to postpone the analysis, you need to pass on according to certain rules.
- Before collecting the material, the woman should be washed with warm water.
- Make sure that the menstrual flow does not enter the urine. For this you need to use a tampon. Insert into the vagina. Some experts advise to pass urine through a sterile cotton swab.
- Do not use soap or other hygiene products.
A urine test can give a false result if collected during critical days. This must be considered. After the end of menstruation to pass the material for re-examination. Most often take on the study of morning urine. The day before the collection can not take alcohol, foods with bright colors. For example, carrots, beets, spinach. Part of the urine is released into the toilet, past the jar. Capacity tightly closed lid. Urine should enter the laboratory within 2 hours. Possible deviations:
- Menstrual flow, falling into the urine, give a different shade. Color during the examination plays a big role, indicating the various diseases in the body. For example, a dark shade indicates a violation of the liver.
- During menstruation, it is very difficult to prevent blood from entering the material. An increased urine specific gravity will show the presence of such diseases as diabetes mellitus or heart failure.
- Turbid urine can give a false result for several diseases at once: arterial hypertension, malignant tumors, systemic diseases, intoxication.
- Urinalysis with a large amount of sediment, particles of the uterine epithelium may give suspicion to such diseases: cystitis, jaundice, urolithiasis, and allergies to medications.
- An increased level of leukocytes in the analysis of urine on critical days will indicate the presence of an inflammatory process in the kidneys and bladder.
However, there are situations when a woman must pass urine for analysis during menstruation. If the doctor insists on this, you will have to perform.
During the period of menstruation, various transformations occur in the body, it is not surprising that the composition of blood and urine changes. In order for a woman to be able to know exactly the state of her health, it is better to wait until the menstruation is over. The most favorable period for this is 3-5 days after menstruation. During this time, all indicators will come to normal, the result will be reliable. Why during the menstruation can not donate blood? Because, time and nerves will be wasted. The result will be doubtful, it is necessary to repeat the process after the end of menstruation.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU HAVE DETECTED MYOMO, CYST, INFERTILITY, OR OTHER DISEASE?
- You are worried about sudden abdominal pain.
- And long, chaotic and painful periods are already pretty tired.
- You have insufficient endometrium to get pregnant.
- Highlight brown, green or yellow.
- And the recommended drugs for some reason are not effective in your case.
- In addition, constant weakness and ailments have already firmly entered your life.
An effective treatment for endometriosis, cysts, fibroids, unstable menstrual cycle and other gynecological diseases exists. Follow the link and find out what the chief gynecologist of Russia recommends.
What blood tests can be taken
Studies of female hormonal background can and should be carried out in the first half of the menstrual cycle - from 4 to 7 days from the beginning of menstruation. Such analyzes include vein blood tests for hormones:
- follicle-stimulating and luteinizing hormones,
At the beginning of the cycle, you can donate blood for the hormone testosterone. It is these tests, as well as the taking of blood for serology, that will give a correct assessment of the woman's health. What is it for? Such studies are often carried out by women planning a child and having endocrine problems.
Why donate blood during menstruation is not recommended
By themselves, menstruation sometimes cause insignificant, but blood loss. Additional blood donations during these days - an extra burden on the body. And if there are several tests, where one portion of blood
not enough, the woman needs to be ready for dizziness, possible hypoxia, and even fainting.
Therefore, many are interested in the question of whether it is possible to donate blood during heavy periods, because it can be dangerous. Many blood counts at this time deviate from the norm. Thus, in a girl experiencing pain during menstruation, an increase in red blood cells will become apparent in the results of a blood test during menstruation. These blood cells increase due to the stress of painful sensations. In addition, the attending physician will assume that the investigated infection or inflammation due to the same high red blood cells.
You can be tested during menstruation, but when you donate blood, be prepared to distort the real picture of health:
- the increase in hemoglobin on the first day of menstruation and a sharp decrease in the following,
- change of results of the analysis on biochemistry, especially on the protein content,
- decrease in the number of leukocytes and platelets,
- false positive result of oncologic examination of blood.
Urine tests: important rules
There are situations when it is necessary to pass OAM (urinalysis), regardless of whether the girl has a period or not. You can take a urine test during menstruation, but following the rules:
- Wash genitals before use without using bacterial soap.
- Do not allow menstrual flow in the container for analysis. Therefore, use
swab at the time of collection of urine.
Is it possible to do without a female tampon? If there was no hygienic tampon, use the usual cotton or gauze.
The danger of non-compliance with the rules of urine collection
Even a very small drop of blood or a piece of uterine epithelium trapped in the urine reservoir can distort the result of the analysis, namely:
- Increase leukocytes, which is why the doctor suspects inflammation of the kidneys, bladder and its ducts.
- Increase the sediment content, and this is a clear sign of allergic conditions, urolithiasis, an increase in the salt content in the body.
- To give the urine a hazy tint - such a sign will make the specialist suspect a cancer tumor, poisoning or high blood pressure in the patient.
- Increase the proportion of the studied urine. This will give a false impression of the patient's health in the form of diabetes and serious heart problems.
- Dyeing urine in a dark color is a sign of liver and kidney problems.
False results of urine analysis will cause the appointment of unnecessary additional examination or treatment, wasting time and money. If the rules for collecting urine are observed, the material studied will show the correct result - menstruation does not affect it.
What monthly blood tests do not affect
Patients are often interested in whether it is possible to check the blood these days for infections? You can take tests during your period to test your blood for infections. Menstrual flow does not affect the result, so feel free to donate blood for infectious diseases of any organs on critical days or immediately after them. Urgency in this matter does not hurt, especially if it concerns problems in gynecology.
Doctors do not take a vaginal smear test, if the patient has a period, and recommend to come to the reception immediately after the end of the discharge. During menstruation, it is not possible to pass an analysis of a smear from the cervical canal to hidden infections. But in gynecology, there are types of studies of mucus in the cervical canal when planning a child, for which you need to come to the laboratory by the last days of menstruation.
What is important to know
Do tests during menstruation? Sometimes it is necessary. Impaired health can overtake a woman at any time. If you donate blood or urine during menstruation is necessary, be sure to tell your doctor that you have critical days. This will allow the expert to correctly assess the results of the study with regard to menstruation.
It is very important to warn the doctor that you took painkillers during your period. Sometimes it is a contraindication for research, even when planning a child. For emergency cases of urine collection, a special catheter can be inserted directly into the bladder without the risk of vaginal discharge. If there is an opportunity to donate blood or urine after the end of menstruation, it is better to postpone the study for a while.
Sokol Larisa Ivanovna
Психолог, Гештальт-терапевт. Специалист с сайта b17.ru
заходи на www.helix.ru там будет окно оператора, который тебе все расскажет про это дело. Это такая лаборатория по всем анализам
Мне врач сказал что можно
А почему нет-то? Никогда при сдаче крови врачи не спрашивали о месячных, значит, это все равно.
У меня 2 день месячных. The doctor sent for blood tests: biochemistry, clinical and blood test for sugar, she passed on an empty stomach, did not drink any tablets since the morning, she forgot to warn the doctor about red days. Is it possible at all to pass such analyzes during menstruation, they write different things on the Internet
What is the connection between these events ??
What is the connection between these events ??
Urine and feces for analysis do not take in the CD. days, blood can be donated. Although for greater clarity it is better to wait for the end of days.
The coagulation factor and hemoglobin will be slightly different.
8 it is to randomly find blood in them.
Such a consultation of doctors here of course :)
The author, once again, besides the forum, no other sites work for you, the very first link in Google will give you information on this issue, and in the end no one forbids you to call the institution where you will take the analysis, or absolutely any laboratory and ask them this question confidentially, if you feel shy ... or are you waiting for someone to go and find out for you?
11 Yes, we sweep the language. Join now.
11 Yes, we sweep the language. Join now.
8 it is to randomly find blood in them.
Is undesirable. Since there is a decrease in hemoglobin levels during menstruation. And then there and the blood donation will increase the loss of hemoglobin.
New for today
The user of the site Woman.ru understands and accepts that he is solely responsible for all materials partially or fully published by him using the Woman.ru service.
The user of the site Woman.ru guarantees that the placement of the materials submitted to them does not violate the rights of third parties (including but not limited to copyrights), does not prejudice their honor and dignity.
The user of the site Woman.ru, by sending materials, is thus interested in publishing them on the site and expresses its consent to their further use by the editors of the site Woman.ru.
The use and reprint of printed materials on the site woman.ru is possible only with an active link to the resource.
The use of photographic materials is allowed only with the written consent of the site administration.
Placing intellectual property (photos, videos, literary works, trademarks, etc.)
on the site woman.ru is allowed only to persons who have all the necessary rights for such placement.
Copyright (c) 2016-2018 Hurst Shkulev Publishing LLC
Network edition "WOMAN.RU" (Woman.RU)
The certificate of registration of mass media EL No. FS77-65950, issued by the Federal Service for Supervision in the field of communications,
Information Technology and Mass Communications (Roskomnadzor) June 10, 2016. 16+
Founder: Limited Liability Company “Hurst Shkulev Publishing”
Urinalysis during menstruation: special conditions
Blood in the urine can affect the diagnosis, so this type of analysis is not recommended to pass in this period. Doctors explain this by the fact that specialists studying biological material in the laboratory may receive inaccurate information.
Dark urine color may indicate a malfunction of the liver. In addition, if the material is too turbid, the expert may suspect a tumor, which in reality is most likely not.
Also, when a sediment with uterine epithelium penetrates the urine, the expert may diagnose jaundice, allergies or urolithiasis, which the patient may not actually have. That is why tests should not be performed during menstruation.
However, when an urgent need arises, despite the risk of an inaccurate diagnosis, You can take a urine test during menstruation, if the patient observes a number of important conditions. :
- before collecting the material must be thoroughly washed away,
- Under no circumstances should soap and any other antibacterial and hygienic products be used in case of washing out,
- a tampon should be inserted when collecting the material so that blood and epithelium particles cannot get into it.