The main physiological function of this hormone is to ensure the possibility of fertilization and the normal course of pregnancy. The female sex hormone is involved in the preparation of the endometrium for implantation of a fertilized egg, and also helps the uterine mucosa to become a state necessary for the normal development of the embryo. Lower progesterone levels increase the risk of preterm labor.
- stimulates the development of the mammary glands,
- reduces pain during menstruation,
- prevents the occurrence of polycystic ovary syndrome, mastopathy and other cystic-fibrous lesions,
- regulates body fat stores.
Special hormonal studies allow you to determine the concentration of progesterone in the blood.
Progesterone Norm in Women
Indicators depend on the phase of the menstrual cycle, the trimester of pregnancy or the use of hormonal contraceptives.
Hormonal fluctuations disrupt the reproductive system, deteriorate the appearance, and can also cause the development of pathologies of the female genital organs and mammary glands (uterine myoma, mastopathy, endometriosis).
Causes of Progesterone Reduction
- Unbalanced nutrition (lack of sufficient vitamins, micro and macro elements)
- Constant stress, negative emotions, mental disorder
- Overwork (chronic fatigue syndrome)
- Smoking, alcohol abuse, drug addiction
- Poor environmental conditions
- Medication (antibiotics, contraceptives)
- Hereditary diseases
- Pathology of pregnancy (placental insufficiency, impaired blood flow, unexplained anomalies of fetal development)
- Uterine bleeding caused by hormone failure
- Genital infections or oncology
- Renal failure
- Ovarian dysfunction
- Thyroid gland malfunction
Signs of hormonal imbalance:
- Acne, the appearance of age spots, hair loss
- Sebaceous gland hyperfunction
- Excessive body hair growth
- Frequent headaches
- Decreased sex drive
- Irregular menstrual cycle
- Vagina dryness
- Swelling of the face or limbs
- Soreness in the dairy lobes and breast nipples
- Sharp weight gain (especially in the abdomen)
- Irritability, emotional instability
- Exchange-endocrine disorders
You can increase progesterone in women in several ways: hormonal drugs, folk remedies and naturally (adjusting the diet). We will find out which products contain progesterone and which medicines restore the natural production of the female sex hormone.
How to increase progesterone in women: food and vegetable analogues
Interpretation of laboratory results and diagnosis is performed by the attending physician. Minor deviations from the norm can be corrected with a balanced diet. What products must be consumed to increase the level of this hormone in a natural way?
Progesterone in products:
- raw or dried nuts (hazelnuts, cashews, peanuts, walnuts),
- fatty cheese, other dairy products,
- chocolate (black)
- sea fish,
- salmon caviar (pink salmon, salmon, chum salmon),
- seafood (shrimp, squid, octopus, mussels)
- wheat bran,
- beans, peas, lentils, soy,
- beef liver,
- rabbit meat,
- sunflower and pumpkin seeds,
- avocado, olives,
- raspberry berries, bananas,
- dried fruits,
- red and green algae (kelp, nori, fucus, ulva, kombu and others).
These products are rich in magnesium, zinc, vitamins E, C and B6. They improve the synthesis of steroid hormone in the body. It is desirable to reduce the use of coffee and sweets. Sports activities, systematic relaxation and walking in the fresh air also contribute to the improvement of hormonal levels.
With food, everything is clear, but how to increase progesterone folk remedies?
Folk remedies to increase progesterone
Some plants initiate self-production of a female hormone. Fruits or leaves of plants are poured boiling water, insist, and then drink in small portions. What herbs does progesterone contain?
- Cuff ordinary
- Prutnyak ordinary
- Plantain seeds
- Raspberry leaves in the form of
- Peony inflorescences
- Borovaya uterus
- Baikal skullcap
These herbs affect the pituitary gland, activating the synthesis of luteinizing hormone, which contributes to the development of progestogen. Mint, mountain ash, cloves, carrot seeds block the production of the female sex hormone, so their use should be limited.
In the pharmacy, you can buy dry grass in bags or in the form of herbal.
To increase the level of progesterone in a natural way, it is recommended to use infusions in the second half of the menstrual cycle (15-25 days).
How to make herbal decoction? Pour a tablespoon of herbs into a deep container, pour it with a glass of boiling water (200 ml) and let it brew for 20-30 minutes. Drink the broth should be portioned: 2-3 times a day for half an hour before meals.
Herbs that increase progesterone, it is forbidden to take simultaneously with hormonal drugs, as infusions are plant analogues of medicines.
Progesterone Booster Medicines
Drugs containing steroid hormone are available in the form of tablets, ampoules, suppositories and gels. Only a doctor of appropriate qualification - a gynecologist, a reproductive specialist or an endocrinologist can write a drug component.
- Tablets "Duphaston" and "Utrozhestan"
- Ampoules "Progesterone" and "Inzhest" for intramuscular injection
- Suppositories "Endometrine"
- Gel for vaginal administration "Kraynon", "Prozestzhel"
The treatment regimen and doses are determined by the physician individually. The duration of therapy depends on the state of the body and the results of laboratory tests. Hormonal drugs have side effects. Treatment without consultation with a specialist is not harmless to reproductive functions and the whole body.
Progesterone affects the menstrual cycle, the success of fertilization and the process of gestation. Low levels of this hormone during pregnancy can lead to spontaneous abortion. In some cases, therapeutic treatment is essential for the preservation of pregnancy.
Products that increase progesterone levels.
This hormone is not in any food. But studies show that some foods can increase its quantity by stimulating production in the body.
Magnesium is the fourth most abundant mineral in the body, but almost 70% of the population has a deficit. Not only does magnesium help the body absorb calcium, it also has a regulating effect on the main hormone gland, the pituitary gland, which in turn regulates the level of all hormones.
The pituitary gland produces follicle-stimulating hormone FSH, luteinizing hormone LH and thyroid stimulating hormone TSH, on which the production of estrogen and progesterone depends. With magnesium deficiency, the pituitary gland produces less of the necessary hormones that keep the reproductive system in good shape.
Foods high in magnesium.
- Dark green leafy vegetables. Per 100 g of spinach 79 mg.
- Nuts and seeds. In 100 g of pumpkin seeds 534 mg.
- Buckwheat, 100 g 250 mg.
- A fish. Per 100 g of mackerel 97 mg.
- Whole grains. 100 g of brown rice 44 mg.
- Dark chocolate. In 100 g dark chocolate 327 mg.
How much vitamin C should I get?
- Minimum: 85 mg per day.
- Recommended to increase progesterone: 250-500 mg per day.
- Restriction: do not take more than 1000 mg per day, because high doses of vitamin C acidify the body. In this case, the cervical fluid becomes acidic, inhibits the activity of spermatozoa and prevents the woman from becoming pregnant.
Foods high in vitamin C (mg per 100 g).
- Currants, sea buckthorn - 200.
- Leafy greens - 120-170.
- Bulgarian pepper - 128.
- Broccoli - 90.
- Persimmon - 66.
- Kiwi - 64.
- Oranges, lemons - 60-70.
- White cabbage - 50.
Remember that it quickly collapses when boiling. For example, a study shows that when boiling broccoli for 5 minutes, it loses 36-55% ascorbic acid. Therefore, it is important to eat fruits and vegetables with a high content of vitamin C raw.
Another vitamin, which was definitely confirmed that it allows you to increase the level of progesterone in women in a natural way. Getting enough of it is vital for normal hormonal levels.
Studies have shown that taking high-dose vitamin B6 reduces estrogen levels and raises progesterone levels and leads to an improvement in the symptoms of premenstrual syndrome (PMS). Women with high consumption reduce the chance of miscarriage by 50% and increase the chance of becoming pregnant by 120%.
Products with a high content of vit. B6 (mg per 100 g).
- Sunflower seeds - 35.
- Pistachios - 1.12.
- Beans, soybeans - 0.9.
- Walnuts 0.8.
- Fish - 0.1-0.2, in tuna 1.04 (cooked).
- Meat products - 0.3-0.5, beef liver 0.7, in turkey - 0.81 (cooked).
- Dried fruits (prunes) - 0.75.
- Vegetables and fruits - 0.1-0.2.
During processing and preparation, about 50% of vitamin B6 is lost.
Zinc, acting on the pituitary gland, stimulates the production of follicle-stimulating hormone FSH, which in turn causes ovulation. It also stimulates the ovaries to produce estrogens and progesterone.
Foods high in zinc (mg per 100 g)
- Boiled oysters - 78.6.
- Lean beef - 12.3.
- Germinated wheat - 16.7.
- Pumpkin seeds - 10.3.
- Sesame - 7.
- Sunflower seeds - 5,3.
- Lentils - 4.8.
- Peanuts - 4.
- Beef liver - 4.
- Walnuts, almonds, soybeans, cheese - 3.
Reduce the amount of stress.
During stress in the blood increases the concentration of two hormones - cortisol and adrenaline. During this biological process, the body uses progesterone to produce these hormones from it. This means that stress steals your precious progesterone and converts it into adrenaline and cortisol. Moreover, to speed up the response, stress depletes the reserves of magnesium, the importance of which I wrote above. Fortunately, physical and emotional stress are manageable and there are many ways to deal with it.
Maintain a healthy weight.
The loss of excess weight increases the level of progesterone and may even resume ovulation lost due to obesity. A study was conducted on women with moderate obesity in age from 18 to 35 years old, about which there was no ovulation. Weight loss is 10% renewed in 87% of women. Scientists conclude that even a small weight loss can raise progesterone levels. Remember one thing that it does not work for women with normal weight.
About two ways to increase the amount of progesterone in women in the next article, "Vitamin E and L-arginine increase progesterone."
If the article seemed useful to you, share with friends on social networks.
Signs and causes of low progesterone
Violations of the menstrual cycle are the main signs of low progesterone levels: pain in the lower abdomen during menstruation, scanty and minor discharge, lack of menstruation. Low levels of this hormone can be the main reason why a woman cannot get pregnant. Progesterone deficiency is accompanied by the following symptoms: irritability, weight gain, hair loss, swelling of the mammary glands, constant fatigue, mood swings, headaches and excessive hair growth on the body.
The level of hormones in the female body may vary depending on the phase of the cycle, low values are observed before menstruation. If progesterone is low throughout the cycle, this should be a cause for concern. The reasons for reducing the level of hormones can be mass: stress, unhealthy diet. But mainly chronic diseases of the genitourinary sphere, taking certain medications (birth control pills including) have an effect.
For a natural increase in the level of this important hormone, you need to take vitamins B, E and C. Zinc is also important, which is found in large quantities in nuts, rabbit meat, sunflower and pumpkin seeds, wheat bran, beef liver and beans. Watch your own diet, it should be saturated with protein. Include more fish and meat products, soybeans and cereals in the menu, because a shortage of progesterone can cause malnutrition.
Some herbs have a good progestogenic effect. To increase the content of this hormone in the blood, use the seeds of plantain and grass cuff. Get the right ingredients at the pharmacy. Mix a tablespoon of the cuff with a teaspoon of plantain seeds, cover with a glass of boiling water. Cover the dishes with a lid, wrap a towel, insist for half an hour. Strain, take 1 tablespoon three times a day.
Mix in equal proportions dry raspberry leaves and wild yam, put in a glass dish. 1 tablespoon of the cooked collection pour a glass of boiling water over it, leave in a thermos for several hours. Strained infusion take three times a day and 1 tablespoon before meals. After a few months of such treatment, an increase in progesterone level is observed.
Prutnyak's fruits will help to raise the level of the hormone. They need to wash, chop. Brew a couple of tablespoons of Prutnyak with a glass of boiling water, let it brew for 40 minutes, strain. Drink during the day in small sips.
What is progesterone for a woman?
The main function of this progestogen is to ensure the normal course of pregnancy in the early stages. It performs the following tasks:
- starts the secretory stage of the formation of the endometrium for the successful implantation of the blastocyst,
- thickens the vaginal epithelium and cervical mucus, making them impermeable to sperm,
- reduces the mother's immune response to the attachment of the ovum so that it is not rejected,
- reduces the contractile activity of uterine myometrium (a decrease in the concentration of the hormone triggers labor),
- inhibits lactation during gestation (a decrease in the concentration of the hormone signals the beginning of milk production).
Where does the hormone come from and can it come from the outside?
Where is the hormone secreted? After the follicle is ruptured and the egg is released, a yellow body (VT) begins to form in the ovary. It is a temporary endocrine gland that produces progesterone. This main progestogen in the woman’s body begins to be secreted in the luteal phase of the menstrual cycle, making fertilization possible. If conception did not occur, the corpus luteum regresses, and by the beginning of menstruation, the progestogen secretion is completed.
After fertilization, the corpus luteum continues to function and remains in working condition until the placenta is formed around the embryo. In the future, it is the placenta that assumes the function of the production of the progestogen, and the VT disappears.
What if a woman has progesterone deficiency? Doctors recommend taking progesterone. There are special drugs containing synthetic analogues of natural gestagens. In addition, some plant and animal products can increase the production of progesterone in the body.
How does progesterone deficiency affect fertility and pregnancy?
Lack of progesterone is one of the common causes of infertility and chronic miscarriage. Low progesterone has the following effects:
- the inability to conceive (the endometrium is not ready for the attachment of the blastocyst, and the fertilized egg, not entrenched in the uterus, is removed from the body),
- early miscarriages due to hypertonicity of the uterus or rejection of the embryo,
- premature labor caused by hypertonia.
Treatment of progesterone deficiency with medications
You can suspect progesterone deficiency by the accompanying symptoms:
- painful menstruation,
- breast swelling
- weight gain before menstruation,
- chronic fatigue.
The table contains a list of drugs to increase progesterone:
How to raise hormone levels in natural ways?
Is it possible to increase the content of gestagen in the body without resorting to drug therapy? Hormonal balance is largely dependent on the power system. Certain foods and medicinal herbs can increase progesterone, while others, on the contrary, reduce it. With a slight imbalance phytopreparations and proper nutrition will help to establish hormonal balance.
Progesterone Production Products
To increase the content of gestagen in the body should adjust your daily diet. What foods contain progesterone? Natural progesterone is not found in food, it is produced exclusively by VT, the placenta of the fetus and partly by the adrenal cortex. However, some foods contribute to the production of a hormone. The three main groups of products that increase the level of progesterone: containing animal protein, cholesterol and starch.
Натуральный прогестаген продуцируется благодаря употреблению молочных продуктов. Fresh milk, fatty cheeses, cream - all this will help raise the level of the hormone. A sufficient amount of cholesterol is necessary for the synthesis of the hormone, so foods that are rich in cholesterol will contribute to its production. A woman needs to eat fatty fish, egg yolks, vegetable oils, nuts, olives, avocados. Starchy foods contribute to the improvement of progestogens. First of all, it is potatoes, as well as beans, rice, and Jerusalem artichoke.
What foods need to be excluded from the diet?
It is not enough to add dishes that increase the level of gestagens to the diet. To stabilize the hormonal background, it is necessary to reduce the consumption of products that lower this level.
The content of the hormone is negatively affected by mint. A woman who is having difficulty conceiving should refuse mint tea. Also, do not drink broths and infusions of mountain ash and cloves. Despite the fact that carrots are incredibly useful, its consumption should also be reduced.
Herbal medicine (recipes)
Increase the number of gestagens in the female body by using decoctions and infusions of herbs. Recipes for traditional medicine include plants that best contribute to the production of hormones.
- Infusion prutnyak. For the preparation will need 2 tablespoons of chopped prutnyak fruits and 2 cups of boiling water. Fruits need to be filled with water and allowed to brew for 1 hour. After the infusion has cooled, you need to drink it in small portions during the day.
- Broth cuff. 1 tablespoon of dried grass cuffs and a teaspoon of plantain seeds need to pour a glass of boiling water. After the remedy is infused, you need to drink it 3 times a day, 1 tablespoon.
- Infusion of raspberry. Not only raspberry berries are useful, but also its leaves. To prepare the broth you need to take 2 tablespoons of dried raspberry leaves and the same wild yams and pour two cups of boiling water. For 1 hour, remove the infusion in a dry place, and then drink during the day.
Ingredients for decoctions and infusions can be collected independently in your garden. If there is no summer cottage, the majority of herbal remedies can be bought in pharmacies or stores that specialize in herbal medicine. Progesterone-lowering plants such as mandrake, peppermint, clover, and licorice should be avoided.
Vitamins that help progesterone secretion
Normalize gestagens in the body in a natural way to help not only foods and medicines, but also vitamins and minerals. For treatment, a woman can use special vitamin supplements or add dishes that contain the required elements to the diet - the decision is made jointly with the attending physician.
The table contains vitamins and trace elements that increase the level of progesterone:
Symptoms and causes of decline
Under the influence of various factors in the female body can occur failures that lead to insufficient production of progesterone. Insufficient production of progesterone leads to various disorders of the female reproductive system, but also contributes to the occurrence of diseases of the female genital organs.
There are a number of symptoms that may indicate a reduced concentration of sex hormone in the blood plasma, namely:
- prolonged and persistent inflammatory processes, and other pathological changes in the organs responsible for the appearance of the baby,
- severe pain that occurs during the period of monthly uterine bleeding in girls,
- sudden change of mood for no particular reason
- Strong headache,
- weight gain
- breast augmentation in size
- swelling of the upper and lower extremities, as well as the face,
- irregular menstruation.
Patients who have a low rate of hormone produced by the corpus luteum, often face such an abnormal change as vaginal discharge of blood. In addition, reduced hormone production in the blood can be the result of spontaneous abortion. There is a special scale on which the norms of progesterone concentration are determined at various stages of gestation:
- the first 13 weeks of pregnancy - 80-140 nmol / l,
- From 14 to 27 weeks - 1900-8200 nmol / l,
- from 28 to 40 week - 6500-23000 nmol / l.
Standards for patients who are not in position are:
- follicular phase - 0.32-2.23 nmol / l,
- luteic - 0.48-9.41 nmol / l,
- ovulatory - 6,99-56,63 nmol / l.
The main reasons that result in a decrease in the productivity of progesterone in the body can be:
- strong stress and emotional excitement
- smoking and excessive use of alcoholic beverages,
- negative environmental impact
- poor nutrition,
- benign or malignant neoplasms,
- history of hereditary diseases
- prolonged use of drugs intended for contraception,
- frequent inflammatory processes of the urinary system.
When such a condition occurs in patients, the question arises how to increase the level of progesterone in the body? To increase the concentration of progesterone use:
- medical drugs,
- folk remedies.
To increase the productivity of progesterone, it is very often prescribed the use of various drugs containing hormone in its finished form. The main objective of these drugs is to increase the production of progesterone. The most widely used drugs are:
- natural progesterone,
- krinon gel,
Utrozhestan - hormonal drug, consisting of components of plant origin. Produced in the form of tablets that are taken orally or put vaginally. One pill contains in its composition 100 or 200 mg of progesterone. The constituents of the drug Utrozhestan help to suppress the activity of oxytocin and support the onset of pregnancy. The use of this hormonal drug does not lead to an increase in body weight, but during the period of its oral administration there may be side effects that will manifest as dizziness, deterioration of health, nausea, vomiting, and so on. In this case, doctors recommend to stop using the medicine inside and go on vaginal administration. The dosage is selected individually for each patient, and it depends on the problem from which it is necessary to get rid of. In the case of the presence of the threat of premature termination of pregnancy, a single dose of 400 to 600 mg of the drug is prescribed, and then a maintenance dose of 400 mg is used. In all other situations, the daily dose is 200-300 mg.
When using the medication, it is necessary to strictly adhere to the prescribed dosage due to the fact that an overdose condition may occur, accompanied by increased drowsiness, weakness, headaches and dizziness, sudden mood swings. In this situation, you need to report this symptom to a specialist as soon as possible.
The basis of this drug is artificial progesterone, which is a complete analogue of the natural hormone. Huge advantages:
- does not lead to disorders of any metabolic processes,
- helps to keep the pregnancy,
- normalizes hormones,
- helps to increase progesterone production
- normalizes the menstrual cycle
- Significantly reduces the risk of premature abortion
To use the drug Duphaston can be no more than six months in a row. This is necessary in order not to provoke the proliferation of the endometrium with the subsequent formation of cysts. In the case of medication, you should regularly donate blood to a concentration of progesterone in order to monitor all its changes. With reduced progesterone, Duphaston should be taken at the time of the onset of the luteal phase.
The drug is taken orally. With the threat of miscarriage, a dosage of 40 mg is prescribed, this amount must be taken once, after which the dose is 10 mg. Maintenance dosage is taken every 8 hours until the period until the problem of premature birth completely disappears.
When the patients of the previous pregnancy ended in miscarriages, then to support the new pregnancy they use the drug drug in the amount of 10 mg twice a day for 20 weeks in a row.
vaginal gel, which contains micronized progesterone in the form of an emulsion. The drug Krion is used very often to stabilize progesterone in order to normalize the menstrual cycle and the subsequent occurrence of pregnancy, as well as before conducting assisted reproductive methods of artificial insemination.
Krion Gel is intended for vaginal use only. For prophylactic purposes, the drug is used in a dose of 90 mg once a day. The duration of use is determined by the attending physician.
In the case of ovarian failure, the drug is used 90 mg twice a day. To increase the production of the hormone for the subsequent onset of pregnancy, the drug is used in a dosage of 90 mg for 10 or even 12 weeks, even if the pregnancy has occurred.
This drug is a synthetic analogue of the hormone that is produced by the corpus luteum. Most often, Inzhesta is prescribed for the treatment of the following pathological changes, such as:
- uterine bleeding,
- not carrying pregnancy, provoked by insufficient functioning of the corpus luteum,
- the threat of premature termination of pregnancy.
Injest medication is intended for intramuscular or subcutaneous injections. In the case of frequent uterine bleeding, the solution is injected from 0.5 to 1.5 ml every day for a week. For the treatment of amenorrhea in combination with Injosta estrogenic drugs are used. Inzhest's medicine can be used during the first three months of carrying a baby. Daily amount for intramuscular injection of the solution should not exceed 25 mg. This is necessary in order not to provoke the development of a state of overdose and reduce the risk of side effects.
Hormonal agent, produced in the form of vaginal tablets. One tablet contains 100 mg of progesterone. The drug is introduced into the uterus from 2 to 3 tablets per day. The tool can be used up to 12 weeks of pregnancy. Included with the tablets is a special applicator that provides an easy introduction of Endometrine.
The above medications are not allowed to use on their own. Before applying them, it is imperative that you consult a specialist who will prescribe the desired dosage and determine the exact duration of the course.
Wild yam and raspberry leaves
In one bowl combine the dry leaves of wild yam and raspberry. Take one tablespoon of the already mixed leaves of raspberry and wild yam and pour 200 milliliters of boiling water over it. Set on a few hours to infuse. Cooked infusion should be consumed at 20 milliliters an hour before eating 3 times a day.
Changes in progesterone levels
The concentration of this hormone in the blood varies depending on age. The growth of the hormone level begins in girls at puberty. In women of reproductive age, it remains approximately unchanged. The increase in concentration begins in early pregnancy, which allows the fertilized egg to firmly consolidate in the uterus. In the second half of pregnancy, the hormone is produced by the placenta.
During menopause (after about 45 years), the concentration of progesterone begins to decrease. With the extinction of the ovaries, the woman loses the ability to reproductive function.
Before deciding to increase the performance of the hormone, you need to make sure that the negative symptoms and the deterioration of the psychological state are related to its lack. For this, a woman receives a referral for a blood test. It is handed over approximately on the 20th day of the cycle in the morning on an empty stomach. For an irregular menstrual cycle, for better accuracy, you need to repeat the analysis.
If abnormalities are detected, treatment is prescribed.
The use of hormone replacement therapy
The patient may be recommended to review the lifestyle and quality of nutrition. But these measures are often not enough. To raise the level of progesterone hormone replacement therapy is used.
The most effective drugs that quickly stabilize the hormonal balance include:
- Natural progesterone. Form release - ampoules for intramuscular injection. Assign in the absence of menstruation, ovarian dysfunction, with the threat of miscarriage in early pregnancy.
- Utrozhestan. The release form - capsules for internal or intravaginal administration.
- Duphaston. It is a synthetic analogue of the natural hormone. It is used to normalize the menstrual cycle, eliminate premenstrual syndrome, with the threat of miscarriage in the early stages.
- Crinon gel for vaginal administration. Used to treat infertility caused by hormonal imbalance. The gel is administered in the evening from 18 to 22 day of the cycle.
- Inzhesta. Used to treat the absence of menstruation, dysfunctional uterine bleeding, endocrine sterility, miscarriage. The drug is intended for intramuscular or subcutaneous administration. Contraindicated in pathologies of the liver and kidneys, hepatitis, susceptibility to thrombosis, nervous disorders, malignant tumors.
It should be noted that taking progesterone drugs is contraindicated in the presence of malignant tumors, diabetes, cardiovascular diseases, mental disorders, obesity, as well as women who abuse smoking.
Preparations with progesterone are sold without a prescription, but before they are consumed, it is obligatory to consult a doctor who determines the duration of therapy and dosage. Self-medication can cause the opposite effect and be dangerous!
To normalize women's health, also use herbal-based drugs.
Form release - pills or drops. It contains extracts of Abraham tree, cyclamen, chilibuch, iris and lily. The use of funds eliminates the negative phenomena of premenstrual syndrome, contributes to conception, regulates the menstrual cycle. In appointing the drug should be borne in mind that it contains ethyl alcohol.
Mastodinon take 30 drops or one tablet 2 times a day without interruption for the time of menstruation. The duration of treatment is three months, the first results are noticeable after six weeks of use.
Mastodinon contributes to the onset of pregnancy, but after the pregnancy has come, the method is canceled. The drug is not prescribed to adolescents, women with malignant tumors and lactose intolerance.
The drug is plant-based. The main active ingredient is Prutniak ordinary. Additional components - sorbitol, peppermint, ethyl alcohol, magnesium stearate, talc, purified water. The course of therapy is three to four months, 40 drops or one tablet per day. Reception is desirable to carry out in the morning. Sometimes, according to the recommendation of the doctor, it is required to prolong reception.
The drug is effective during pregnancy planning (increases fertility) and during menopause. In some cases, side effects may occur: headaches, nausea, skin rashes and itching, disorders of consciousness. If at least one of the symptoms listed above appears, Cyclodinone should be stopped and the doctor should feel unwell. The tool is not used for individual intolerance to its components during pregnancy and lactation.
How to increase progesterone folk remedies?
After accurate diagnosis of a hormone deficiency with a slight decrease in it, medicinal herbs can be used.
It should be noted that it is better not to take herbal decoctions for women suffering from uterine bleeding, thrombosis, and oncological diseases. With care and under the supervision of a doctor, herbal medicine is practiced by pregnant women and women in the post-abortion period.
Minus the use of herbs - the inability to accurately calculate the dosage. In addition, the use of folk remedies will have patience, since the result of such treatment will be noticeable only a few months.
It is not recommended to carry out herbal treatment simultaneously with hormonal drugs.
Herbal infusions or decoctions are drunk in the second half of the menstrual cycle, from 15 to 25 days. To prepare the infusion take water temperature 80 ° C. The use of boiling water is undesirable.
The most common herbs that increase progesterone include:
- the nagil - normalizes hormonal balance, improves the functioning of the liver and endocrine system, prevents the development of congestion in the pelvis,
- peony (marin root) - traditionally used to treat mastopathy, uterine fibroids, menopause symptoms,
- raspberry leaves - infusions of the plant eliminate the disruptions of the menstrual cycle, improve the psychological state, contribute to the growth of the endometrium necessary for successful conception, do not apply after the onset of pregnancy,
- манжетка – снимает боли во время месячных, способствует зачатию, эффективность действия растения увеличивается в комплексном применении с экстрактом подорожника,
- Borovoy uterus - is used to treat fibroids, thyroid disorders, menstrual disorders and other diseases caused by lack of progesterone.
Pregnancy with low progesterone and how to increase it?
In the gestational period, there is a natural increase in progesterone levels. If in the first trimester its indicators are 90.0 ng / ml, then in the prenatal period they increase to 422.5 ng / ml. Lack of hormone negatively affects not only the well-being of women, but also on the development of the unborn child.
The deficiency leads to the fact that the woman's body begins to perceive the fetus as a foreign body, from which it is necessary to get rid of. In addition to spontaneous abortions, hormonal imbalance causes delayed fetus, lack of milk produced after birth.
For more information about how progesterone behaves during pregnancy and what its increase or decrease indicates, read our link here.
Signs of hormonal deficiency:
- painful feeling of pulling character
- hypertonus of the uterus,
- bleeding from the vagina of varying intensity,
- fetal hypoxia,
- severe nausea, vomiting, dizziness.
Not all the recipes of traditional medicine are applicable for future mothers, so their appointment is carried out only by the attending physician!
Is it possible to increase progesterone naturally during pregnancy?
You can adjust the concentration of progesterone by adjusting the diet. The menu should always include dairy and dairy products, meat and fish, vegetables, nuts.
Products that increase progesterone do not contain it in pure form, but they stimulate the body’s production of its own hormone. If the deficit is insignificant, its level is well adjusted by a properly selected diet.
A balanced diet should include foods rich in vitamins C, B6, magnesium, zinc in the menu:
- legumes (lentils, beans, peas, chickpeas),
- nuts (hazelnuts, peanuts, pistachios, cashews),
- lean meat, as a source of cholesterol (chicken, turkey, rabbit meat),
- dairy and dairy products, including hard cheeses and cottage cheese,
- fatty fish, fish oil,
- egg yolks,
- vegetables containing starch (radish, potatoes, cabbage, rutabaga, asparagus),
- foods high in vegetable fat (avocados, olives, corn),
- spices (oregano, turmeric, thyme),
- foods rich in zinc and magnesium (sunflower seeds, sprouted wheat, chocolate, seafood).
Semi-finished products, fast food are excluded from the diet. It is not recommended to eat products from plastic packaging, since such packaging promotes the penetration into them of substances that suppress the production of progesterone. Instead of plastic dishes should prefer glass or ceramic.
Of great importance to increase the concentration of progesterone is the consumption of a sufficient amount of vitamin E. Its reception should be mandatory for irregular periods, pregnancy planning, as well as during menopause. Vitamin E is used to reduce the severity of symptoms of premenstrual syndrome, disorders of the endocrine system, improve skin, hair and nails, enhance immunity and protect against rapid aging.
To normalize the hormonal background should observe the following rules:
- Give up bad habits (smoking, alcohol).
- Avoid stressful situations and overwork.
- Limit contact with sources of xenoestrogens (paints, varnishes, plastics, products containing pesticides).
- Normalize the mode of work and rest.
- Minimize the use of coffee, carbonated beverages, sweets.
- Exclude promiscuous sexual relations that increase the risk of infection and, as a consequence, the oppression of the ovaries.
Careful attention to one's health, a balanced diet, refusal of bad habits and compliance with the regimen will have a positive effect on women's health. This means a happy motherhood, female attractiveness, the preservation of well-being over the years.
How to increase progesterone
The main properties of the hormone are to prevent the likely development of neoplasms, as well as to prepare the uterus for the processes of fertilization and gestation.
If the level of the hormone is below the normal level, then the pregnancy either does not come, or a high probability of miscarriage. You can increase the amount of progesterone in several ways - by resorting to medical correction, or by using natural ingredients, and by making changes in your usual way of life.
Drug progesterone enhancement is prescribed only by a doctor, and is carried out under his control. To engage in independent use of drugs is prohibited, because it is very dangerous, and instead of improving, you can significantly aggravate your situation.
You can not say about increasing progesterone in natural ways that you can try yourself.
Natural ways to enhance
The hormone is very important for pregnant women, because it is thanks to progesterone, there is a successful implantation of the egg, and the prevention of early miscarriage due to the suppression of hypertonia of the uterus.
Therefore, if a pregnant woman has even a minimal decrease in progesterone in the blood, doctors advise her to raise as soon as possible, and preferably without the use of synthetic drugs.
Regardless of whether a woman is in a position or not, it is always better to increase the hormone with natural remedies, because, as a rule, drugs cannot be called safe. To increase progesterone without pharmacological agents, and to learn about the restoration of its normal level (without analysis), a woman must follow some rules:
- It is important to make sure that the body receives the necessary amount of nutrients during the meal.
- To stimulate the production of progesterone need to fill the body with magnesium and vitamin B
- As much as possible vegetables, nuts and legumes should be added to the diet.
- From the diet it is desirable to exclude all products containing fillers and additives.
- Eat more dairy foods.
- To control the changes, as well as to confirm the leveling of the amount of progesterone in the blood, in the second part of the menstrual cycle you need to measure body temperature (if there is a hormone deficiency in the body, a woman has a violation of thermoregulation).
Regarding other doctor's advice, they refer to standard rules, the observance of which is not mandatory, but very important, especially for maintaining health at the proper level.
To return the level of progesterone in the normal range (with small changes), as well as to strengthen the body, a woman should:
- Give more time to rest, not to get enough sleep.
- Revise your diet by enriching it with healthy foods.
- Moderate exercise (cardio).
- Throw all the bad habits, if any, reduce the amount of tea and coffee you drink.
- With a high body mass index, go in for weight loss.
- Use only those drugs that are prescribed by a specialist in certain doses and courses.
- Maximum eliminate all possible stressful situations.
Products for natural hormone enhancement
As you know, cholesterol compounds are involved in the formation of progesterone, due to the direct influence of vitamins of group B, E, and Zinc. The main dietary recommendations for foods that will help increase the amount of progesterone in the bloodstream are:
- Foods most rich in proteins and amino acids.
- The diet is based on enriching the daily nutrition of vegetables, and reducing the amount of meat products. Approximately, the diet should look like this: 3 pieces of vegetables, 2 pieces of garnish, 1 piece of meat.
- On the day you need to eat at least 5 times, with an interval of 3 hours.
It is not advisable to use dietary supplements during the diet, which should increase progesterone, because they can lead to the formation of severe complications of the gastrointestinal tract. The main focus during the diet, you need to do on those products that really help produce progesterone.
There is a certain list of products containing progesterone, but in very small concentrations, and to compensate for the lack of a substance in the body they will be small. The only option is to strengthen the synthesis processes by the following products:
- Meat products and poultry eggs, rich in cholesterol.
- Products with fatty acids.
- Products with vegetable fats.
- Starchy products.
In addition to changing your diet and lifestyle, you can try to increase the level of progesterone using the old folk methods that are based on herbal medicine recipes.
Symptoms of low progesterone levels in women
Progesterone deficiency usually manifests itself in the following symptoms:
- insufficiency of the ovulatory phase of the monthly cycle (anovulation, disovulation),
- a decrease in the secretory function of the corpus luteum,
- chronic inflammatory process of reproductive organs,
- menstrual disorders (amenorrhea, algomenorrhea, oligomenorrhea),
- tense painful chest
- uterine anovulatory hemorrhages,
- endocrine infertility
- irritability, tearfulness, abrupt change of emotional state.
However, despite the presence of symptoms, the state of progesterone level can be reliably obtained only by passing a blood test. Blood is usually donated between 22-26 days from the beginning of the monthly cycle, depending on its duration (or one week before the first day of menstruation). Do not eat or drink before taking the test, so blood is usually donated in the morning.
Normal progesterone levels are as follows:
- during the follicular phase - 0.2-1.5 ng / ml,
- during the ovulatory phase - 0.8-3.0 ng / ml,
- during the luteal phase - 1.7-27.0 ng / ml,
- with postmenopause - 0.1-0.8 ng / ml.
Indicators of the norm may vary depending on the characteristics of a particular laboratory where the analysis is taken, therefore, it is recommended not to evaluate the results independently, but at a specialist reception.
Symptoms of low progesterone levels during pregnancy
During pregnancy, progesterone deficiency may also occur. This can be expressed in the following features:
- threatening spontaneous abortion,
- fading of pregnancy, embryo development delay,
- aching pain in the lower abdomen,
- uterine hypertonus,
- vaginal discharge (from minor to strong),
- symptoms of detachment of the ovum or placenta.
When the first signs of progesterone deficiency appear, pregnancy can still be saved by taking appropriate measures in a timely manner. To do this, you must pass an analysis confirming low levels of the hormone.
- in the first trimester - 11.2-90.0 ng / ml,
- in the II trimester - 25.6-89.4 ng / ml,
- in trimester III - 48.4-422.5.
It is better to take the analysis in dynamics, several times, in order to trace the degree of increase or decrease in the level of the hormone. After this, a specific corrective treatment is prescribed.
Reduced 17 OH Progesterone
Hydroxyprogesterone 17 (17 OH progesterone) is often confused with main progesterone, although these are completely different indicators. OH OH Progesterone is not exactly a hormone, it is only a precursor of estradiol, cortisol and testosterone. It can turn into hormones under the influence of a specific enzyme substance lyase 17-20.
However, this "nedogormon" plays an important role in the female body.
The amount of 17 OH of progesterone can change even within one day: most of it is in the morning, least of all - at night. The maximum level can be detected immediately before the ovulatory phase. Its averages are as follows:
- during the luteal phase - 0,99-11,51 nm / l,
- during the follicular phase - 1.24-8.24 nm / l,
- during the ovulatory phase - 0.91-4.24 nm / l,
- I trimester - 3.55-17.03 nm / l,
- II trimester - 3.55-20.0 nm / l,
- III trimester - 3.75-33.35 nm / l,
- with menopause - 0.39-1.55 nm / l.
Prolonged deficiency of 17 OH progesterone in the body can cause adrenal hypoplasia and be accompanied by a violation of the synthesis of other hormones - testosterone, estradiol and cortisol. An imbalance of progesterone level 17 OH can be a sign of pathology of the adrenal glands and appendages, which, in turn, can affect the reproductive function of women.
Analysis of the level of 17 OH progesterone carried out by the method of immunoassay studies of blood plasma.
Progesterone Leveling Drugs
Modern medicine has a large number of progesterone drugs. All of them in one degree or another pursue the same goal - to provide replacement therapy with a lack of a hormone in the body. Which drugs are more effective and are used by experts more often than others?
- Natural progesterone (1 ml contains 10 or 25 mg of active progesterone). Before using the vial is slightly heated (to dilute the oil solution), the drug is administered by intramuscular or subcutaneous injection. For ovarian dysfunction, the drug is used for a week, 5-15 mg every day. With amenorrhea, 5 mg daily, or 10 mg every other day. In the prevention of miscarriage, with insufficient functionality of the corpus luteum, 10-25 mg is prescribed every day until the danger of abortion is eliminated. With a previous miscarriage history, the drug is used up to 4 months of pregnancy. After 36 weeks of gestation, the use of the drug is unacceptable.
- Urozhestan (1 capsule consists of 100 or 200 mg of micronized progesterone). In most cases, the average daily dosage ranges from 200 to 300 mg in one or two doses (in the morning and at night). The drug can be used both inside and intravaginal administration.
- Duphaston (synthetic analogue of natural progesterone). With the threat of miscarriage, use 10 mg every eight hours for 8 days. With infertility - 10 mg twice a day, starting from 11 to 25 days of the monthly cycle, if the pregnancy has occurred, the treatment is continued in the same dosage until the twentieth week. With irregular or absent menstruation, with PMS, the duration of treatment may last up to six months.
- Crinon gel (contains 90 mg of progesterone). Vaginal means, one drug administration provides controlled and continuous exposure to progesterone for three days. As a rule, use daily evening administration of the drug from 18 to 21 day of the monthly cycle, or during the first month of pregnancy.
- Injest (hydroxyprogesterone). Intramuscular preparation, which is used in 0.5-1 ml of 1% solution daily.
- Endometrine (vaginal tablet contains 100 mg of progesterone). Apply intravaginally from two to three tablets per day, can be applied until the 12th week of gestation. The tablet is inserted into the vagina with a convenient applicator, which is included in the kit.
Despite the fact that you can buy progesterone in a pharmacy without a prescription, the independent use of drugs without consulting a doctor is unacceptable.
How to increase the level of progesterone folk remedies?
For a natural increase in the level of progesterone, the use of plants with a progestogenic effect on the body is appropriate.
- A tablespoon of plantain seed and 2 tablespoons of herb cuff pour 0.5 liters of boiling water. Accepted by art. spoon three times a day.
- Pour 0.5 liters of boiling water 5 tablespoons of ground prutnyak fruit. Insist and drink like tea.
- Wild yam and crimson leaves take in equal quantities. We brew as usual tea and drink during the day.
- 100 g of red brush pour 1 liter of good vodka. Insist in a dark place for 1 month, sometimes mixing the contents. Use the tincture before meals three times a day, 40 drops, can be diluted with a small amount of water.
Progestogenic medicinal plants are used in the second half of the monthly cycle (after ovulation), making a mandatory break in the period of menstrual bleeding.
It is not allowed to use these herbs simultaneously with mint, licorice, red clover, as these plants have the exact opposite effect.
To increase the level of the hormone use is added to the dishes of some spices: turmeric, thyme, oregano, curry mixes. So unobtrusively with the help of spices you can maintain the required level of progesterone.
Progesterone Leveling Products
In order to balance the hormones in the body, you should eat properly. Rational nutrition consists in the necessary ratio of protein, fat and carbohydrate foods, sufficient fluid intake, refusal to take alcohol and foods rich in carcinogens and preservatives.
There are specific products that can positively affect the level of progesterone:
- beans, peas, lentils, chickpeas, mung, etc.,
- nut (cedar, walnut, hazelnut, almond, pistachio, peanut),
- dairy products (whole milk, fermented milk products, cottage cheese, hard cheese, sheep cheese, Adyghe),
- lean meat (chicken fillet, turkey, baby veal, rabbit meat), as well as liver,
- chicken and quail egg (mostly yolk),
- oatmeal, whole grain cereals, flax seed,
- avocado, raspberry, black and green olives.
Сами по себе продукты, конечно же, гормон не содержат. Они просто способны стимулировать в организме производство собственного прогестерона. В большинстве своем для активизации синтеза необходимого нам гормона нужен в первую очередь холестерин. Therefore, it is important to eat meat and egg dishes, as well as sources of vitamins E and P: fruit, potatoes, wild rose, fish.
Try not to buy and not to use products sealed in plastic packaging: according to research, such containers contribute to the penetration of xenoestrogens in food, which suppress progesterone synthesis. Plastic containers are manufactured using bisphenol monomer for the production of polycarbonate plastics. This substance accumulates in the body, subsequently exerting an estrogen-like effect, causing infertility, disturbances in the cyclical nature of menstruation, and endometriosis.
In order to protect yourself from the negative effects of bisphenol, do not heat the food in the microwave using a plastic container (especially marked with the number 7 on the bottom). Instead of plastic dishes, use glass, ceramic or steel.
How to increase progesterone levels? Avoid stress, excessive physical and psycho-emotional stress on the body, adhere to a healthy lifestyle and get more positive emotions, and then a stable hormonal background is provided to you.
Plantain seeds and cuff
To prepare the extract you need to perform the following manipulations:
- take a clean and dry glass jar
- put in one teaspoon of dried plantain seeds and cuffs,
- mix well the mixture and pour one glass of freshly prepared boiling water.
After the broth is drawn, it must be taken one spoon three times a day.
Prutnyak fruits have a positive effect on the production of the hormone progesterone. This is because prutnyak inhibits the production of prolactin - a hormone produced by the pituitary gland, the purpose of which is to suppress the production of progesterone. As a result, the proportions between progesterone and estrogen are disturbed. In order to prepare the prutnyak fruit extract, you need to take two tablespoons of the already chopped fruit and pour half a liter of boiling water over the floor. The resulting composition must be taken a few days.
Place 100 grams of a red brush, fill it with one liter of vodka or with alcohol, cover with an infusion and place it in a cool, dark place. The solution must be infused for thirty days. Every two days, the tincture needs to be shaken. Red brush take 40 drops before the start of the meal. The tincture can be diluted with a small amount of simple boiled water.
Extract is prepared from the root of Astragalus. For its preparation use either vodka or water.
To prepare the extract of dried astragalus root on water, the following series of actions is necessary:
- take the pre-dried plant root and grind it,
- put one spoonful of ready raw material in a thermos and steam 400 ml of boiling water,
- extract insist about 60 minutes.
After eating, take a decoction of 70 ml not less than three times a day.
Tincture on vodka is prepared as follows: 40 grams of the root is poured with 400 grams of vodka and infused for at least 10 days. Drink the mixture from 10 to 20 drops 2-3 times a day before meals.
This plant has a huge list of healing properties, one of which is an increase in the amount of progesterone in the body. To prepare the tincture you need to take 100 grams of the roots of the skullcap chopped with a grater or meat grinder. The resulting composition put in a vessel of dark glass and pour 500 ml of vodka or alcohol. Close the bottle tightly with a cap and place in a place protected from direct sunlight. Tincture need to insist exactly one lunar cycle, approximately 29 days. The tincture must be taken over a long time period of 30 drops at least three times a day.
Ortiliya is one-sided
Ready infusion of ortilia can be bought at pharmacies in your city, or you can prepare it yourself at home. To prepare the tincture you need to take 50 grams of ortilia and pour half a liter of vodka on it. Put the mixture in a dark cool place and store no more than 2 weeks. Tincture need to take 30 drops in half an hour before meals three times a day.
All tinctures from the above plants are recommended to start taking after the ovulatory phase, while during the menstruation period you need to pause and not use them. In addition, it is forbidden to drink infusions in conjunction with herbs such as mint, licorice, red clover due to the fact that these plants have the opposite effect and help to reduce progesterone.
To prevent the production of the hormone progesterone does not decrease, the following recommendations should be followed:
- periodically take medications containing the necessary dosage of vitamins and minerals for the full functioning of organs and systems,
- change the concept of life and completely give up smoking, as well as the use of low alcohol and strong alcoholic beverages,
- avoid severe fatigue and stressful situations
- drink enough liquid
- balanced diet,
- eliminate fast food from your diet,
- add to the diet food, which favorably affects the production of progesterone.
Increase progesterone with drugs
If a low hormone level is detected, drug therapy is prescribed or progesterone secretion is activated in a natural way.
Medications for hormone replacement therapy
In the presence of physiological causes of hormone deficiency, hormone therapy is prescribed or the pathology that causes the secretion failure to be eliminated.
Insufficient production of progesterone leads to infertility, increases the risk of miscarriages, fetal abnormalities. In some cases, the growth of the hormone level is carried out with the use of drugs. They are presented in different pharmacological forms - tablets, capsules, solutions for injections, suppositories, creams, gels.
The popular drugs include Natural progesterone, Utrozhestan, Inzhesta, Duphaston and others. Herbal medicines are popular - Cyclodinone, Mastodinon. Prescribes hormone replacement therapy only a doctor. Self-medication leads to severe side effects and dangerous complications.
(Solution for intramuscular injections)
(Capsules for internal and intravaginal administration)
(Gel for vaginal administration)
(Solution for intravenous and intramuscular injections)
Preparations with progesterone have a number of contraindications.
- oncological diseases,
- pathologies of the heart and blood vessels
- mental disorders,
- smoking abuse.
Methods to increase progesterone during pregnancy
During pregnancy there is a natural increase in the level of the hormone. Lack of active substance negatively affects the general condition of the woman and the development of the fetus.
To increase the concentration of the hormone, you can use diet. The menu should include foods rich in magnesium, zinc, vitamins C, B6, E. Traditional medicine recipes are far from suitable for increasing the level of the hormone. They can only be used as directed by the doctor.
If progesterone is low, you should seek qualified medical attention. Based on the data of laboratory analysis of blood, the individual characteristics of the patient, the state of the body, the doctor will prescribe the best option for the correction of hormonal levels.
There are 2 ways to increase progesterone levels:
I. Hormone replacement therapy - medication progesterone. However, their use can cause side effects: increased blood clotting with the formation of blood clots, as well as impaired liver function up to the formation of stones and the development of hepatitis. However, in some situations the use of such drugs is justified.
Ii. Natural methods. These methods are designed to increase progesterone levels by changing diet, lifestyle, and using natural remedies that have a progesterone-like effect and are found in a number of foods and herbs. Unlike synthetic, natural remedies maintain a healthy hormonal balance and do not have side effects.
Natural ways to increase progesterone levels and maintain proper hormonal balance in the body.
- Limit the use of those products that can increase the level of estrogen: legumes, especially soy products, flax seeds, beans, lentils, peas, pumpkin and sesame seeds, as well as vegetable oils from them.
- Use foods that stimulate the production of your own progesterone in the body.
To stimulate the synthesis of hormones, cholesterol and vitamin C are primarily needed. Therefore, it is important to eat meat dishes (chicken fillet, turkey, veal, rabbit meat), egg yolk, vegetables and fruits, nuts, dairy products, whole grain cereals.
Also take extra vitamin C!
Studies have shown that drinking 750 mg of vitamin C daily for six months can significantly increase progesterone synthesis.
- Avoid using herbs that may increase estrogen levels:
Tsimitsifuga (syn. Black Kohosh, Klopogon), Angelica (syn. Angelika, Dyagil, Dong Kwa), Hops, Licorice, Red Clover, Raspberry Leaf, Lucerne.
- Increase your intake of vitamin B6which is required to maintain optimal progesterone levels. Vitamin B is also needed for the liver, in which estrogen is utilized.
Sources of Vitamin B6: walnuts, whole grains, lean red meat, poultry, seafood, bananas, spinach, beans, potatoes.
- Use foods containing Zinc and Magnesium:
Sources of Zinc: pumpkin, sunflower and sesame seeds, peanuts, beef, beef liver and tongue, turkey and rabbit meat, egg yolk, clams, crabs, dark chocolate, wheat bran.
Sources of Magnesium: wheat bran, sunflower seeds, pumpkin, flax, sesame, pine and walnuts, buckwheat, chocolate, cocoa powder, sprouted wheat seeds, dark green leafy vegetables, whole grains of cereals.
- Control stress levels.
Stress can significantly reduce the level of progesterone in the body. Under chronic stress, the adrenal glands cannot produce a sufficient amount of the “fight or flight” hormone, cortisol. In this case, progesterone is converted to cortisol in the body.
- Use herbs that stimulate progesterone production and decrease estrogen and prolactin levels:
- Vitex (syn. Abraham tree, Prutniak, Agnus-castus, Chasteberry)
- Wild yam (Diosctrea).
- Use a cream containing natural progesterone.
It is produced from Wild Yam, the root of which contains the substance Diosgenin, which can be converted into progesterone using a simple laboratory process. Natural progesterone has the same molecular structure as that synthesized in the human body.
For premenopausal women, the recommended dose of the cream is 15-24 mg / day, starting from the 12th day of the cycle with the last application on the 26th day of the cycle.
- Do not smokeso as not to damage the progesterone receptors. In addition, nicotine in cigarettes suppresses the production of progesterone in the ovaries.
- Limit the effects on the body of xenoestrogens. These chemicals mimic the action of estrogens, which are produced by the body. They come from the environment and from food. In this case, the level of estrogen in the body increases and progesterone synthesis is inhibited.
Xenoestrogens enter the body through plastics, varnishes, paints, soaps, cosmetics, furniture, pesticides, industrial pollution, exhaust fumes, chicken grown on hormones.
Important! If you are diagnosed with estrogen dominance or progesterone deficiency, first check your liver condition. When violations of its function disturbed estrogen metabolism. If estrogen is not inactivated, its level rises, creating a hormonal imbalance and dominance compared to progesterone.