In the absence of pathology in all women of reproductive age, menstruation begins once a month, which usually lasts for 3-7 days. In some, it is abundant, while others, on the contrary, are scarce. Both in the first and in the second case such menstruation is abnormal, but brown daub instead of menstruation deserves special attention, which is accompanied by a strong pain syndrome or the appearance of an unpleasant odor. The occurrence of such a symptom in 90% of cases indicates that the woman has a pathology that requires immediate treatment.
As already mentioned, in healthy women, menstruation occurs every month at intervals of 21-28 days. At this time, the uterus begins to be cleansed of the rejected mucous epithelium and the blood that accumulates in it throughout the cycle.
Ideally, menstruation should last 3-4 days, but for some women they go up to 7-10 days, which is also normal, if, of course, no other signs of pathology appear. During menstruation, about 50 ml of blood comes out of the female body. The main part of the menstrual blood is released in the first 1-2 days, and then begins brown daub. The adoption of a brown color, rather than red, is due to the fact that blood is already released in small quantities and reacts with oxygen, due to which it is oxidized and acquires such a hue. And for this reason, brown daub instead of menstruation can deplete a sour flavor.
Therefore, if the monthly smear, but do not go, as expected, while the woman recently visited a gynecologist and no health problems have been identified, there could be several reasons for this - prolonged menstruation (in this case, daub can occur several days before menstruation, and after them) and the impact on the body of some negative factors, among which are:
- Excessive consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- Taking certain medications, in particular oral contraceptives.
- Emotional exhaustion.
Quite often, delayed menstruation and brown discharge are observed in young girls and women older than 40 years. In the first case, this is caused by a still unstable cycle, and in the second, by the onset of menopause and the complete extinction of the reproductive function. Therefore, the appearance of small delays and daubs should not cause much concern. You need to go to the doctor only if these phenomena are observed systematically.
If a woman's monthly smear, but does not start, it can be due to several reasons:
- The onset of pregnancy, including ectopic.
- Reception approx.
- Sexually transmitted diseases.
- Inflammatory processes in the organs of the reproductive system.
Also, spotting instead of menstruation may appear after previous operations performed on the pelvic organs, as a sign of postoperative complications. But first things first.
Brown discharge and a delay of one to two weeks may well signal a pregnancy. To make sure of this, it is enough just to do a test at home. If the test showed two strips, it means that the likelihood that the pregnancy has come high and one of these days you need to visit the gynecologist, since such discharge at the delay of the month may indicate detachment of the ovum, followed by a spontaneous miscarriage.
As a rule, if the pregnancy has occurred, women experience not only brown discharge with a delay, but also symptoms such as:
- Blood pressure jumps.
- Decrease / increase in appetite.
- Enlarged mammary glands.
- Sore nipples.
It should be emphasized that if a woman has a monthly smear brown, but does not go, it does not mean that the pregnancy can be interrupted. If the daub went on the day of the delay, then this may be due to the attachment of the ovum to the walls of the uterus. This is due to the fact that the transplantation of the ovum causes damage to the blood vessels of the uterus, resulting in a small amount of blood coming out of it, which oxidizes and becomes brownish.
If a woman has a second or third day of poor monthly periods, and the test is negative and there are abdominal pains, then pregnancy should also not be excluded. Such symptoms may signal the occurrence of an ectopic pregnancy, which ordinary tests do not "see." Therefore, when signs of ectopic pregnancy appear (weakness during the day, abdominal pain, pale skin, fever, etc.), ultrasound should be performed. If during the passage of the ultrasound diagnosis is confirmed, it is necessary to urgently operate.
Important! Ectopic pregnancy is very dangerous for the life of a woman, as it develops in the fallopian tube. Due to the active growth of the ovum, the tube may burst, which will lead not only to the appearance of severe pain syndrome, but also internal bleeding.
Based on the foregoing, we can conclude that really brown discharge instead of menstruation is a sign of pregnancy. But you need to understand that this symptom can manifest other pathological conditions that every woman needs to be aware of so that at the first signs of their appearance, treatment can begin immediately.
In the third trimester of pregnancy, such discharge indicates the imminent opening of labor activity. Therefore, when they appear, you must always be on the alert, so that childbirth can begin suddenly. And how they will flow, quickly or not, depends on the individual characteristics of the organism.
If a woman has recently started to take oral contraceptives or has switched to another drug, then she can also be observed instead of menstrual brown daub. This is due to hormonal changes in the body, which can also cause a delay of several days.
Therefore, if there are scanty monthly periods after a delay, and the test is negative, you should not worry. You just need to wait until the body adapts, after menstruation should go normally. If the scarcity of menstruation and subsequent months will be observed, you need to consult a doctor, as in this case, you need to replace the drug.
But it should be understood that taking OK does not provide 100% protection against the onset of unwanted pregnancy. So, if you take them for a long time, and then in the last month you have a delay and brown discharge instead of menstruation, then you should also take a pregnancy test. If there is one strip, then it is necessary to go to the doctor, since with prolonged intake of ca. the appearance of brown discharge on the first day of menstruation is abnormal. This suggests that the drug was chosen incorrectly and it is necessary to replace it.
If a woman has brown discharge, but there is no menstruation, while there are severe pains in the lower abdomen, this may signal the development of a disease such as endometriosis. This disease is accompanied by a pathological proliferation of uterine epithelium cells beyond its limits, which adversely affects the work of all reproductive organs, and can cause the appearance of not only a delay of 2 days or more, but also a smear of brown color, which can be delayed for 8-10 days.
Delay and scanty periods are not the only signs of endometriosis. This disease can also manifest symptoms such as the appearance of light or dark brown discharge during ovulation, as well as pain in the abdomen, which tend to increase during intercourse and excessive physical exertion. Outside of menstruation and ovulation, a woman may experience abundant transparent discharge in which blood streaks can be noted.
Highlight brown can also signal the development of sexually transmitted diseases that require immediate treatment. Their development is characterized by infectious lesions of the reproductive organs and may cause a delay of up to three or more days.
As a rule, with the development of venereal diseases, brown menstrual periods after a delay are accompanied by unpleasant sensations in the intimate area — itching, burning, irritation, etc. And if your monthly smear and accompanied by similar symptoms, it means that this is a serious reason to go to the doctor and take all the necessary tests to detect STDs.
If menstruation is delayed for one to two days, and after a delay in menstruation, daubing has begun, this may also indicate the development of inflammatory processes in the organs of the reproductive system. They can occur on the background of infections, erosion, cervicitis, etc.
Inflammatory processes in the organs of the reproductive system may manifest themselves in different ways. Many women wonder whether inflammation can lead to a complete absence of menstruation. Maybe, but this often happens only when the conditions are neglected, when the woman did not pay attention to her health in a timely manner.
With a slight inflammation after several days of delay, the periods should be normal. At first daub goes, but it does not last long - no more than one day, then menstruation occurs. But, as a rule, in inflammatory processes, it is accompanied by a strong pain syndrome. Moreover, the blood is released much more than usual, and blood clots can be observed in it.
Speaking about why menstruation can linger, and during them smears brown, it should also be said that this is often observed during the development of oncology. In this case, we are talking about cancer of the cervical canal or uterus. With its development, menstruation does not go well, moreover, they may be completely absent.
When oncology develops in the reproductive organs, the menstrual cycle is disturbed, and menstruation shifts and during them daub is observed. It may take two weeks or more, or it may not stop at all during the whole cycle. At the same time, some women suffering from oncology complain that they have had a little anointed, and then bleeding has opened, or that the discharge was too dark (almost black).
Therefore, if you have scanty monthly periods beyond the prescribed period and at the same time they have a too dark shade, you must go to the doctor. Only he can say exactly what it is and prescribe the appropriate treatment.
When spotting is not dangerous and is not a pathology
- With hormonal failure in women, there is a delay of two, three days, then a slight daub, and then monthly. Hormonal disruptions are characteristic of sexually active girls,
- when menopause occurs, spotting instead of menstruation is normal in women and associated with the physiological extinction of ovarian function, a decrease in the level of sex hormones in the blood,
- surgery, any operation on the uterus, whether it is an abortion or diagnostic curettage, removal of tumors or cysts will be followed by discharge from the vagina. But if at the same time there is an unpleasant smell, discomfort and pain - you need to contact a gynecologist,
- the period after labor and during breastfeeding, at the completion of breastfeeding, with the introduction of complementary foods, weaning, the menstrual cycle is restored again in a non-feeding mother. At this time there are brown-red discharge, instead of the expected menstruation, last no more than a week. Occur for two months to six months,
- in girls in the period of the formation of the cycle, in adolescent girls, when the menstrual cycle is formed, scanty discharge instead of menstruation and spotting before menstruation is a variant of the norm. Although they sometimes scare girls and moms, they cause concern. Such discharge may last up to 1 year, since ovulation may not yet occur. But if these secretions are accompanied by severe pain, appear regularly you need to contact a gynecologist,
- during pregnancy, the appearance of smearing light brown bloody discharge instead of menstruation occurs during pregnancy, when the embryo implants in the uterus wall. If you were planning a child, and unprotected sex took place, this should not scare you. To confirm, you can make a pregnancy test, pass the analysis for hCG. When the embryo is implanted in the uterine wall, there is a parallel increase in temperature up to 37 ° C, tingling in the breasts and discomfort, weak pulling pain in the uterus,
- use of contraceptives, dark brown discharge before menstruation or instead of them occur in women who are protected by hormonal contraceptives from unwanted pregnancy. The reason is a thin endometrium, almost no pain. For a woman using birth control pills, this is a welcome relief. The use of a spiral, vaginal ring, leads to such a daub a few days before menstruation. 3 months after the start of the use of contraceptives, such secretions should stop, as the body manages to adapt. If the situation does not normalize, you need to consult a doctor to pick up other pills or change the method of contraception.
When daub is a symptom of the disease
- Ectopic pregnancy is the most insidious and dangerous gynecological disease. It occurs with a frequency of 1% to 2.5%. One of its symptoms is poor brown smearing discharge. Additional symptoms will be pulling pain in the lower abdomen, may radiate to the lower back and rectum, tenderness and enlargement of the mammary glands, early signs of toxicosis. A pregnancy test can be positive, but not always, it depends on the hormonal levels. Ectopic pregnancy is dangerous for its complications. The most dangerous is severe bleeding that can lead to death. More often than other diseases leads to infertility,
- the threat of termination of pregnancy, 20% of all pregnancies end in miscarriages, the main task of a woman who wants to become a mother is to carry the baby. The main sign of miscarriage is bleeding. It can be abundant or smearing, lasting from several hours to several days. Accompanied by pain and discomfort in the lower abdomen. If the pregnancy is confirmed, the menstruation was in the woman in the previous month and there are spotting in the current month - this is a sure sign that the body does not have enough progesterone to carry the pregnancy. You should immediately contact a gynecologist,
- inflammatory diseases of the pelvic organs of the uterus and appendages, in small quantities, non-abundant discharge begins in a woman who has endured inflammatory processes in the uterus and its appendages, especially as a result of hypothermia, severely endured ARVI, influenza,
- latent infections (chlamydia, trichomaniasis, gonorrhea), genital infections are accompanied by smearing discharge a week before menstruation, they have an unpleasant smell and impurities of mucus or pus. At the same time, when urinating, pains and cramps appear, itching and burning in the vagina, discomfort in the lower abdomen,
- Endometriosis - the most diverse disease, affects from 3% to 15% of women of reproductive age, most often in 20-35 years. One of the manifestations may be a smearing brown discharge before menstruation and during them, cyclical or persistent pain in the uterus, lasting for weeks, pain during intercourse,
- endometritis appears brown daubs, the smell is unpleasant, sometimes with mucopurulent impurities during menstruation, accompanied by aching pain in the lower abdomen, prolonged,
- endometrial hyperplasia of the uterus, accompanied by a thickening of the endometrium, accompanied by a small amount of daub, without treatment can turn into a cancer,
- adenomyosis, dark brown daub appears a week before the onset of menstruation, accompanied by severe cutting stitching pains, heavy menses and painful. This disease often occurs after abortions and hormonal disruptions. This disease often leads to infertility and tumors.
For making a correct diagnosis, timely competent prescription of drugs, a detailed history is needed:
- sexuality, whether or not, its regularity, protected sex or not,
- exact age, the beginning of menstruation, their features,
- were there any operations, pregnancies, leaks, postpartum conditions, lactation duration,
- hard physical work, extreme sports and exhausting workouts,
- severe stress and distress
- transfers and flights on airplanes,
- eating habits, diet, fasting, vegetarianism, raw foods,
- available diseases: somatic and gynecological,
- the possibility of infection by infectious diseases.
Проведение тщательной диагностики
Обследование начинается с составления анамнеза и последующей диагностики. Обследование состоит из осмотра при помощи зеркал и видеокольпоскопа, УЗИ малого таза. This diagnosis is one of the most detailed, giving a complete picture of the patient's condition.
Consequences of diseases not cured in time, which are accompanied by such secretions, can be serious and unpleasant:
- miscarriage and miscarriage,
Therefore, in the presence of spotting instead of menstrual, associated symptoms, you must always contact the clinic to avoid serious complications.
Spotting instead of menstruation is a reason for. Causes of dark discharge before and instead of menstruation. The main. Highlight.
The presence of discharge from the genital tract of a woman is normal. They may have different intensity and color depending on the phase of the menstrual cycle.
Ointment instead of menstruation
Regular periods - one of the main signs of the normal work of the female body, as well as the psychological comfort of the beautiful half of humanity. But what to do when the cycle is lost, and instead of the monthly appear spotting spotting? Is this daubing considered monthly? We will answer these and other questions related to abnormal discharge during menstruation in the article.
Causes of brown discharge instead of menstruation
Lactating vaginal discharge instead of menstruation can be caused by a number of different factors. In addition, they are due to the lifestyle and health of the patient.
To determine the exact cause of this phenomenon, you need to install:
- Did a woman have regular sexual contact before the last menstruation,
- the number of full years
- did various operations take place before that
- the presence of pregnancy
- did the spotting brown discharge after pregnancy and childbirth,
- did scanty brown discharges replace menstruation during breastfeeding,
- daubing instead of menstruation may appear due to external factors
- dysfunction of the female urogenital system,
- other medical reasons.
Discharges due to infection with infectious diseases
Brown discharge may occur when a woman has been outside for a long time and her body has been exposed to low temperatures.
In this case, there is a risk of inflammation of the female genital organs. The uterus, appendages and a uterus neck are subject to risk.
However, if the discharge occurs after sexual contact and is accompanied by unpleasant sensations when visiting the toilet, irritation of the vagina and sharp pain, we can talk about the presence of sexually transmitted infections. Such diseases can be:
- rehabilitation after surgery and childbirth,
- congenital anomalies of the genital organs,
Inflammatory processes and STDs
A prerequisite for scanty discharge is endometritis, an inflammation of the tissue inside the uterus. The mucus is brown and has an unpleasant odor. Accompanied by daub instead of menstruation, the causes of which are varied, painful sensations. With adnexitis, inflammation of the uterus, polyps, cysts and cervical erosion, as well as hypothermia, a similar clinical picture occurs.
Delaying therapy increases the risk of complications and the addition of additional infection. Against the background of hidden diseases that are transmitted exclusively through sexual contact, pink blood-suckling discharge is observed, itching, frequent urination and burning sensations are concerned. Such infections include chlamydia, trichomoniasis, gonorrhea, syphilis, mycoplasmosis.
What to do when smears instead of menstruation?
The answer to this question is obvious - run to the doctor and be examined. After all, violations and negative changes in the body of any woman will not disappear on their own, but will go into the chronic stage. Today, there are modern painless and accurate diagnostic methods that make it easy to identify why daub occurs instead of menstruation.
A negative test may indicate a disturbed hormonal background. However, it can also produce a false result in the presence of pregnancy, when it is performed very early (before two weeks). For accurate determination, it is better to do a blood test for the hormone hCG. Also, the doctor will prescribe an ultrasound of the urogenital system and kidneys, a smear for hidden infections, complete blood count and urine. To exclude malignant and benign growths, a computed tomography or MRI scan will be required.
The main thing in therapy is the identification and elimination of provoking factors. It is necessary to have a consultation with a gynecologist, an immunologist, an endocrinologist and a nutritionist. At the discretion of the therapist may appoint and examination by other specialists, if the diagnosis is difficult to identify.
If the violation is triggered by a hormonal disorder, prescribe drugs with the presence of missing hormones. Stress is treated with sedatives. More serious problems are eliminated with antibacterial drugs.
In order not to aggravate the already difficult situation, a woman needs to eat a balanced diet, add complex carbohydrates, proteins, fresh vegetables, greens to the diet, give up alcoholic beverages and get enough sleep. Full rest and the destruction of stressful situations will help to improve the condition.
Dirty before menstruation: Do I need to go to the doctor?
June 17, 2014027105 Heading: Beauty and Health
The menstrual cycle cannot work like a clock - every woman has its own characteristics. This phenomenon is considered almost a punishment, but not at all because of the blood discharge itself, but because critical days are usually accompanied by unpleasant symptoms - pain in the lower abdomen and in the lumbar region, chest pain, bad mood, headache, nausea, etc. d.
All this is associated with changes in hormonal levels and usually goes along with menstruation. Another thing is daub before menstruation, which can be a sign of any disease.
Norm or pathology?
The vagina is a mucous membrane, it constantly has to allocate something. If you have a daub in front of the month before the critical days, then, in principle, there is nothing terrible. So the body is preparing for menstruation, during which the cervix opens and the risk of catching an infection increases. It is the mucous secretions that protect the organ from infection.
But if you regularly have a long daub before and after menstruation, accompanied by itching and burning in the vagina, you should consult a doctor. It is the gynecologist who can determine if there is a pathology by the combination of symptoms - pain, duration, intensity of the cycle. In addition, be prepared to take appropriate tests and be examined to eliminate all potential hazards.
To tolerate or play it safe?
If you have a daub before menstruation, the reasons may be very diverse. You should not listen to friends who have “this was” - all women are different and their cases are unique.
Do not engage in self-diagnosis, looking for appropriate symptoms for your feelings. To find out why the daub appeared before the menstruation period, it is better to trust a professional. But you can familiarize yourself with the causes of this phenomenon at home, in order not to be careless about your health.
What is the prerequisite for such discharge?
Speaking about the causes of discharge, not related to menstrual bleeding, we can say that daubing before menstruation is the norm, if nothing else bothers you. Also pay attention to the color of the mucus - only transparent discharges preceding the cycle are permissible. Sometimes, a pregnancy test can help answer the question why daubing occurs before menstruation. It is after conception that there are incomprehensible secretions that precede and then replace critical days.
All in all, there are five types of daubs.
- White daub before menstruation, reminiscent of cottage cheese flakes. If you are experiencing this phenomenon, most likely you have candidiasis (thrush). It is easy to cure it, if you consult a doctor in time.
- Black daub before menstruation usually occurs in the postpartum period, when the cycle is just beginning to recover. Similar discharge occurs in lactating mothers instead of the first menstruation.
- Against the background of erosion of the cervix, it is often pink daub before menstruation, when the body descends and begins to spew the blood. If you find such a symptom, do not tighten in the march to the doctor, otherwise the infection may join.
- Greenish-yellow vaginal discharge with a sharp unpleasant odor indicates either venereal disease or purulent cervicitis. Also this kind of daub before menstruation is a sign of pregnancy. In any case, the trip to the gynecologist is inevitable.
- The most common is brown daub before menstruation, which has a number of reasons.
Most often, this picture is observed with endometriosis of the cervix or the organ itself. To identify the disease pay attention to these symptoms: aching pain in the abdomen and discomfort during sex. Only a gynecologist can confirm the diagnosis during the examination - the uterus will be supersensitive, stationary and swollen, as well as an ultrasound scan, which will show small heterogeneous nodules and cellular formations in the tissues of the organ. Endometriosis can occur after cauterization of erosion, abortion, miscarriage, or pathology during childbirth. So be doubly alert if you have experienced this.
Also, the brown discharge that precedes menstruation may appear due to polyps and endometrial hyperplasia. With this pathology, endometrial tissue grows too much into the uterine cavity. This pattern is characteristic of progesterone deficiency and an excess of estrogen. Polyps on the surface of the endometrium also appear on the background of scraping and damage to uterine cells.
Often there is a daub in front of menstruation when taking OK (oral contraceptives), but, as a rule, discharge stops after 1-3 months. Of course, not every woman has the strength to endure this, so it's easier to consult a doctor so that he can appoint other contraceptives. Remember, you can not arbitrarily prescribe hormonal drugs, you can not interrupt the reception in the middle of the cycle and in any case you can not experiment with different OK, taking new pills every month. The appointment of oral contraceptives - the doctor. Before that, you should be tested and tested. With hormones jokes are bad, do not forget about it.
Other reasons include the following:
- the first menstrual periods in virgins usually begin with a lush discharge, which passes into a full menstruation only after several cycles,
- in mature women, daub, which begins and ends monthly, may be a sign of an approaching menopause,
- Any young woman of childbearing age may suffer from daubs due to hormonal disruption. Do not allow the discharge to transform into bleeding, go to the gynecologist at the first unpleasant symptoms,
- rarely daub light brown shade is a sign of failure to intimate hygiene. It may be necessary to wash more often, or, conversely, to do it more delicately without washing out the useful microflora from the vagina. Also it is worth using only special intimate gels with neutral PH.
Do not allow changes in your body to drift, so you do not face unpleasant consequences.
Recommended for viewing: The specialist talks about the discharge before menstruation.
If you see instead of menstruation brown daub from the vagina, then this is a normal process for the female body. Light brown discharge, as a rule, go only for a few days. But dark brown discharge can be serious and require the intervention of a physician.
Vaginal discharge is normal and even healthy. This is a method of cleansing the vaginal area and removing dead skin cells and bacteria, protecting against the occurrence of infections.
The interaction between the hormones estrogen and progesterone is largely responsible for changes in the body of women in different phases of the menstrual cycle. Because of this, vaginal discharge may differ in color and quantity, depending on the phase of the cycle. For example, during menstruation, light brown daub is not a cause for concern. However, if any of the other symptoms appear, consult a gynecologist.
Causes of light brown discharge instead of menstruation.
There are several reasons why light brown daub comes out of the vagina:
- Pregnancy. Pink or light brown discharge can be an early symptom of pregnancy.
- Perimenopause can cause a slight brown daub, as well as pink and yellow discharge. In some women, they can be plentiful and troublesome.
- Implant bleeding is another of the early signs of pregnancy, occurring instead of menstruation. Discharges can be light brown, pink or red. This type of daub is normal and usually occurs 10-14 days after conception. Implant bleeding is caused by implantation of a fertilized egg in the wall of the uterus and, as a rule, occurs only once.
- Endometrial tissue. Light brown daub occurs in young girls before their first menses. In women, discharge is a way to fill the old tissue of the mucous membrane of the uterus, which did not come out during the menstrual cycle.
- Atrophic vaginitis can cause brown discharge, bleeding, pain, or itching in the vaginal area. A woman may experience pain during intercourse, burning and dryness, and the smear secreted may be yellow or have an unpleasant smell.
- Uterine polyps, also called endometrial polyps, can lead to discharge and bleeding after sexual intercourse, abundant menstrual bleeding and abnormal vaginal bleeding.
- Venereal diseases. Light brown daub during menstruation can be an early symptom of sexually transmitted diseases. The most common sexually transmitted diseases that cause brown daub are chlamydia, trichomoniasis, gonorrhea and genital warts.
The most common causes of light brown discharge are pregnancy and perimenopause.
Causes of dark brown daubs from the vagina.
There are seven common causes of dark brown vaginal discharge. Most of the reasons are not serious, however, it is recommended to visit a gynecologist.
Possible causes of dark brown discharge instead of menstruation include:
- Pregnancy. Dark brown discharge instead of menstruation, as a rule, are evidence of implantable bleeding. The color can vary from pink, red to light brown or dark brown. Daubs can stand out for three to four days.
- Ovulation. In the process of ovulation, dark brown discharge is a widespread phenomenon and is called cervical mucus. May last several days.
- Menopause. Many women who are close to menopause may experience dark brown daub instead of menstruation.
- Endometrial bleeding occurs when the tissue of the uterus is released, which does not leave the body during menstruation. This usually occurs after the cycle has ended or immediately before the next one. Given that this is old blood, it eventually turned dark brown.
- Pelvic inflammatory disease is a serious disease that requires treatment. This disease results from an infection in the uterus, fallopian tubes, ovaries, cervix, or vagina. Pelvic inflammatory disease is painful and can cause pain during intercourse, abdominal pain and infertility without treatment.
- Cervical cancer today is the most serious disease that is associated with dark brown daubs. Cervical cancer is spread through the HPV virus. Other symptoms of cervical cancer may include loss of appetite, weight loss, pain in the legs, pain in the pelvic area and fatigue.
Daubs before menstruation
Scanty discharge from the vagina - “daubing” is disturbing at certain periods of the life of almost all women. Spotting before menstruation or instead of them can appear in adolescent girls, women over 40, even during pregnancy. Possible causes of this phenomenon:
Changes in hormonal levels. Changes occur during the first year - two after the first menstrual bleeding (menarche), as well as in those women who enter menopause. These phenomena can be considered the norm only if the results of surveys and analyzes for a given age are close to ideal, that is, no apparent pathology has been identified. Then spotting before menstruation and after some time after them can be considered the norm.
Gynecological diseases. Endometriosis, uterine fibroids, adenomyosis, cervical ectopia, cancer in many cases, give themselves bleeding outside of menstruation. Such intermenstrual bleeding should be reported to the doctor.
Ointment instead of menstruation causes many women to panic, as it is considered a sign of pregnancy or gynecological pathology. Scanty periods can appear in the following cases:
Daubs before menstruation after childbirth. В это время в организме женщины происходят множественные перемены, после беременности все возвращается на круги своя, восстанавливается и менструальный цикл. Однако у многих женщин менструации не сразу становятся регулярными, более того, может измениться их характер. For example, if a woman's monthly bleeding was previously abundant, after birth, instead of menstruation, a brown daub appears. In most cases, this is also the norm. Still, it is better to make a check for a possible pregnancy, because with her there are also scanty discharge.
Daubs instead of menstruation during pregnancy. When daubing instead of menstruation, if usually menstruation is abundant, and sexuality is active, it makes sense to do a pregnancy test. During pregnancy, "real" menstruation does not happen, and spotting occurs frequently. It is safer to confirm the pregnancy with a blood test for hCG.
Spotting should not be left without attention, because they can be a sign of ectopic pregnancy, and not just uterine.
Discharges of this kind are not a reason for abortion, but they can say that a miscarriage begins or the fertilized egg has stopped developing, so you need to do an ultrasound of the uterus and see the level of hCG.
Contraception. Ointment instead of menstruation is quite common in women who use hormonal contraception (birth control pills, Mirena intrauterine device, ring Nova Ring). For many women who are protected by Miren, menstruation is completely absent. Often, women who take oral contraceptives that are low in hormone can have daubing instead of menstruation. When changing pills to others with higher estrogen levels, menstrual flow usually becomes more abundant. However, doctors do not advise to change the drug solely for this reason, since scanty menstrual periods are a variant of the norm, and on the contrary, excessive blood loss does not benefit the body.
Menopause, syndrome of premature ovarian exhaustion. Syndrome of the premature depletion of the ovaries is observed due to the premature termination of their function. Even a young woman can experience symptoms that are characteristic of women who have entered menopause (flushing, sweating, irritability, depression, decreased libido). And in this case, and when menopause instead of menstruation is observed daub instead of menstruation.
Brown spotting instead of menstruation
Signs of brown daub instead of menstruation may be due to various conditions of the body, often associated with gynecological pathologies. May occur due to:
- Pregnancy and ectopic localization of the ovum - with the threat of miscarriage or placental abruption,
- Inflammatory lesions of the uterine mucosa (endometritis) - at the same time, spotting appear in the middle of the menstrual cycle and is accompanied by an unpleasant odor and painful symptoms in the lower abdomen,
- Pathological process of internal adenomyosis,
- Benign growth of the inner uterine layer (endometrial hyperplasia),
- Due to hyperplastic processes (polyps in the uterus),
- Hormonal contraceptive inconsistencies,
- Ovulatory Syndrome
- Endometrial or cervical cancer,
- Hormonal disorders (endocrine pathology).
The influence of domestic causes is not excluded: strong negative emotions, nervous exhaustion of the body, excessive loads. The basis of the pathology is considered to be abnormal leucorrhoea, manifested in different periods of menstruation.
Brown discharge Before the monthly signal:
- about hormonal imbalance,
- the presence of infection of the uterus,
- about the cellular spread of the endometrium to different layers of the uterus,
- about hematological disorders,
- about polypous growths.
The manifestation of whiter with impurities of blood clots lasting more than a week is a sure sign of endometriosis.
Spotting mid-cycle - indicate progesterone deficiency, characterized as the cause of early miscarriages and infertility.
Spotting brown discharge after menstruation, lasting more than one week, may appear as a sign of ectopic fetal development or be a symptom of threatening abortion in pregnant women. The discharge with the manifestation of smell indicates the presence of an infectious pathogen.
When brown daub is the norm?
Sometimes, daub is a consequence of physiological causes that do not cause much danger to health and are the norm. Manifested as a result of:
1) Minor (implantation) bleeding, as a sign of pregnancy, with brown patches instead of menstruation. The origin of a new life - the introduction of a fertilized cell into the uterine wall can be accompanied for a week with scanty, smearing, slightly colored secretions, without pain symptoms.
2) Ovulation inter-menstrual bleeding at the time of the ovulation process - the release of a mature cell from the reproductive gland (ovary) into the fallopian tube to move into the uterus.
A ruptured follicle causes microtraumas with bleeding. More often, this contributes to the special multifollicular structure of the gonads. A minor daub causes discomfort for about three days and is accompanied by painful symptoms in the lower abdomen.
3) Due to the action of hormonal contraception and hormonal drugs. The process of getting used to a new functional mode can sometimes provoke an unusual dark daub. With prolonged pathology, contraceptive components and dosage should be changed.
4) The actions of intrauterine devices, tightly adjacent to the walls of the uterus and preventing normal endometrial detachment. Irritation of the tissues of the uterus with a foreign object provokes its active reduction and the release of dark smears.
A few days may manifest pain symptoms of different severity.
5) Syndrome of premature depletion of follicular reserve (menopause), due to the termination of the functional activity of the ovaries. During this period, and during menopause, daub is noted instead of menstruation, which is considered a normal process.
What can cause anxiety?
The mere fact of the appearance of brown whites should cause concern, especially if they are accompanied by alarming symptoms:
- A feeling of itching or tingling in the vaginal area,
- Daubs, lasting more than 2 weeks
- The manifestation of a specific smell,
- Pain symptoms,
- Swelling of the vaginal area.
Particularly alarming should be spotting instead of menstruation, when the test is negative. Cherished two strips will not appear if the gestation period is small.
In such a situation, sparing discharge in early pregnancy may indicate a threatened miscarriage (spontaneous miscarriage) or fixation of the ovum in the uterine (fallopian) tube (ectopic pregnancy).
Diagnosis and treatment tactics
Negative pathologies in the body do not pass by themselves. In some cases, take the form of a chronic course. Exact methods of modern diagnostic examinations allow you to quickly identify the cause.
1) A blood test for pregnancy hormone (hCG) levels - with a negative test.
2) Ultrasound of the genitourinary system - detection of latent infections.
3) MRI or CT scan - exclusion or confirmation of malignant tumors.
4) Ultrasound of the uterus and dopplerometry - identification of abnormalities in the uterus.
The basis of therapy - identification and complex treatment of background diseases. Treatment includes:
- hormonal therapy
- antibacterial drugs
- vitamin therapy and diet correction,
- antibiotic drugs
- chemotherapy and radioactive treatment,
The problem of ectopic fetal development is solved solely by surgery.
A dangerous manifestation of brown whites during pregnancy may be abnormalities of the placenta or uterus. Diagnostic examination reveals placenta previa or detachment.
Conservative techniques treatments are aimed at prolonging (extending) a pregnancy to a safe 38 week period. It includes:
- Sparing, calm mode.
- Tocolytic and antispasmodic drugs that can coordinate contractile uterine function and create the conditions for a smooth gradual stretching of its lower segment.
- Drugs that eliminate anemia and increase the level of red blood cells.
- Individual scheme of FPN therapy aimed at eliminating disorders of the vascular tone and microcirculation, strengthening the antioxidant defense system.
A successful outcome of delivery is possible with urgent treatment.
Diet and unhealthy diet
In pursuit of a slim figure, women often limit their diets and follow different diets. The modern pace of life does not allow time and eat right. All this affects women's health.
Lack of vitamins and essential nutrients leads to menstrual disorders.
For example, a lack of iron leads to ovarian dysfunction, and the lack of ovulation leads to menstrual secretions. Inadequate intake of vitamins of group B reduces the activity of the eggs. Vitamin deficiencies affect the amount of estrogen produced, and its deficiency leads to menstrual disorders. The bloody secret acquires an uncharacteristic dark shade, and on the second and third day, the discharge may disappear altogether.
Malfunctions in the endocrine system lead to an imbalance of hormones. The reason for the violation also becomes hormonal drugs or birth control pills that suppress ovulation. The chosen method of contraception is not always suitable for a woman, because each organism is individual.
Reproductive disorders may be associated with abnormalities of internal organs, inflammatory processes not only of appendages. Cause of failure may be sexually transmitted diseases and metabolic disorders.
The occurrence of minor bleeding in the period of suspected menstruation may indicate pregnancy. Sometimes this is one of the first symptoms of conception or a sign of embryo attachment.
If a fertilized egg is introduced into the endometrium of the uterus, a microtrauma happens, and a few drops of blood can be released. When the embryo begins to develop in the uterus, it is possible to smear instead of menstruation, the test may be negative.
When breastfeeding a baby, changes are noted in the female body, hormones are suppressed, and conception is impossible. Hormonal background helps to slow down the processes in the reproductive system, the egg does not mature, the endometrium does not increase. Monthly may not be for a long time, but insignificant discharge while the norm. If after 3-4 days daub instead of menstruation passes, you should not worry.
Childbirth and the birth of a child is always a great deal of stress and excitement, therefore disruption of the usual work of the reproductive system is inevitable. They pass themselves after the complete recovery of the body. When a woman stops feeding her baby, all processes are restored after a while.
The appearance of pathology at different ages
Of great importance in the structure and quantity of discharge plays the age of the woman. Uncharacteristic spotting instead of menstruation during adolescence should not cause concern. While the cycle did not have time to recover, daub is a normal and healthy phenomenon. It usually lasts one or two days, less often more. But sometimes the allocation can talk about serious violations.
In the childbearing age, the body of a woman should work like a clock, and any failure leads to serious consequences. To avoid them, it is important to monitor your menstrual cycle. Any deviations from the norm can be a signal of the development of pathology.
In the period of the onset of menopause, after forty the female body is undergoing another restructuring, and deviations from the norm are no longer terrible. Aging of the ovaries is inevitable, and daubing before menstruation or instead of them is a natural phenomenon. Hormonal background changes due to decreased production of female hormones.
Despite the safety of this kind of discharge, a woman should be seen by a doctor, because when menopause occurs, the risk of developing cancer of the reproductive system increases several times.
What do we have to do
Discharges may be the norm, but they are able to warn of serious violations, and the reasons for this are different. If there are minor and irregular spotting, there is no need to worry, but as soon as other symptoms begin to accompany the smear, you should immediately contact a gynecologist. The characteristic signs of the development of pathology include the following:
- unpleasant smell
- persistent pain in the groin or lower abdomen,
- itching, burning,
- swelling of the vulva,
- pain during intercourse,
- increase in body temperature above subfebrile.
If the daub appears as a result of hormonal disorders, treatment is carried out under the supervision of a gynecologist and an endocrinologist. Therapy involves the use of synthetic hormone replacement drugs.
If the causes of disorders in the influence of external factors, they should be limited. When triggers are associated with the accession of an infection, additional examination and administration of antibacterial drugs are necessary. After recovery, the smear stops.
With menopause, nothing can be done, but it is recommended to remove other symptoms. It is important during this period to be observed by a specialist and to monitor the changes that have occurred.
Worst of all, if daub is caused by oncological tumor processes, then the treatment and its success depend on timely diagnosis. Only by removing the cancer cells in time and having chemotherapy, can we count on a full recovery.
Whatever the discharge, it is important not to miss the moment and consult a doctor in time, even if there are no other symptoms, and the test is negative.
Why instead of menstruation can be daub?
For women, it is considered acceptable that during menstruation certain types of discharge appear from the vagina, however, it is necessary to distinguish between the discharge is quite positive from signs indicating a certain disease. To normal discharge from the female body can be attributed to small transparent clots that are released from the menstrual blood and do not cause inconvenience.
However, the presence of brown discharge during the menstrual cycle. In this case, be sure to visit a gynecologist for check.
The cause of dabs can be endometritis. In this disease, brown discharge may appear at the very beginning and at the end of menstruation. It is also possible their appearance, accompanied by a pulling pain in the lower abdomen and a sharp, unpleasant smell in the middle of the cycle.
Also a very common cause of brown discharge can bepolyp in the uterus of a womanwhich is formed as a result of hormonal abnormalities in the body.
The true causes of daub before menstruation
Each woman attentive to her health will pay attention to the appearance of vaginal brown discharge before the monthly cycle. The truth is that daub is not the norm. A few days before the menstruation or immediately in front of them, the appearance of the daub stumps women. What is it? Features of the body or a certain disease makes itself felt?
The exact answer will give only examination by a gynecologist after conducting laboratory and instrumental examinations.
Main factorsThe premenstrual brown secretions that can cause are:
- contraception. Ointment that occurs while taking oral contraceptives (jess, yarin, etc.) is a consequence of changes in hormonal levels and the adaptation of a woman's body to these changes. About 30–40 percent of women have brown discharge in the first 3 months from the start of taking contraceptives, and in 5–10 percent of women thus protecting themselves from unwanted pregnancy, the adaptation of the body can last up to six months. Due to hormonal contraceptive pills, bloody discharge may occur not only before the regulatives, but also after them and in the middle of the menstrual cycle.
- daub in front of regulations It may be an undesirable consequence of using the IUD as a contraceptive,
- a disease such as endometriosis, is one of the most common causes of brown discharge,
- variant of the cause of bloody premenstrual discharge may be benign neoplasm in the uterus - endometrial polyp. In addition to smear, signs of a polyp in the uterus can be attributed to pain in the pelvis, with a cramping character, and menstrual disorders.
And other factors the appearance of premenstrual discharge and prevent the sad consequences in some cases can only timely medical intervention.
Monthly passed, daub started - what could it be?
Brown discharge in the last days of menstruation is the norm, in the event that menstruation lasts a total no more than 7 days. If the “daub” is longer, then it is quite possible that the causes of this are some very unpleasant and dangerous diseases, such as endometritis, endometriosis or endometrial hyperplasia. У здоровых женщин такие выделения после регул могут возникнуть вследствие приема оральных гормональных контрацептивов.
Another physiological cause of discharge after menstruation can be implantation in the uterine wall of the embryoabout a week or ten days after ovulation.
However, in this case it is possible to make a definite diagnosis only after gynecological consultation .
What causes a daub in the middle of a cycle?
Small brown secretions that may occur 3–7 days after menstruation are quite common. The appearance of daub in this case indicates that your the egg cell is ready for fertilization.
If the intensity of discharge increases and their duration is more than three daysneed no time lost visit a gynecologist . BUT in case of severe bleeding - immediately call an ambulance .
Why is there a daub in early pregnancy?
In the early stages of pregnancy may be observed bleeding, which is very frightening future mothers. It happens that they appear in the days when the regulators should have come.
If the discharge is not painful and short, then there is nothing to fear. It is also not dangerous for the woman and the fetus is not abundant and short-term discharge, which are associated with attachment of the ovum to the wall of the uterus. That is, if more than one week has passed since fertilization.
However, in any case, the appearance of brown and any other secretions should be told to the doctor who is observing you, he will be able to determine the nature and cause of the discharge.
If right now you have no real opportunity to visit the gynecological office, tell the doctor at least by phone about your condition.
Can there be a daub in the reception urozhestana or duphaston?
In the early stages of pregnancy, future bleeding may be unsettling. If the term of conception is no more than 7-10 daysthen it may be an adaptation of the organism to a new state, as was discussed earlier.
However, daub may be sign of beginning miscarriage or reduce hormonal background at the beginning of pregnancy. Do not be lazy, ask for help in the antenatal clinic.
Experts, after carrying out the necessary examination, may recommend to take drugs duphaston or utrogestan, which are necessary in case of detection of low levels of progesterone hormones in the future mother's body or prophylactic to save pregnancy.
During the reception of these drugs occur small smearing brown color, which should soon cease. Otherwise, you are again worth see a doctor .
Dirty after sex - is it normal or not?
After intercourse, a woman may have small bleeding. The reasons for the appearance of such spotting or small bleeding can be various factors: mechanical damage or microtrauma during sex, various types of erosion and polypsinflammatory diseases such as vaginitis, cystitis, cervicitis, sexually transmitted diseases, as well as various diseases that are not associated with sexual intercourse.
In addition, after sex, bleeding may appear due to the presence of a small amount of blood in the sperm partner.
The causes and factors that may lead to the appearance of brown vaginal discharge, weight and, unfortunately, not all of them are the physiological norm.
Therefore, lovely women, in order to protect their health and avoid the negative effects of such secretions, do not hesitate consult your gynecologist .
Only a specialist, after carrying out the necessary examinations, based on the results of analyzes, will be able to deliver you diagnosis and exact cause the emergence of this unpleasant phenomenon.