Vaginal secretions, or leucorrhoea (also leukorrhea), are found in healthy women, as well as in various diseases, especially infections. A common cause of an excess amount of excreted fluid is bacterial vaginosis, that is, an imbalance in normal vaginal microflora, as well as thrush (candidiasis). The discharge of whiter may be accompanied by a burning sensation, itching, unpleasant smell. Treatment depends on the cause of them.
What is whites?
Should there be whites in a healthy woman? Yes, this process reflects the normal cleansing of the mucous membrane of dead cells. In most women, the amount of secreted vaginal secretion increases before and during ovulation. This is due to changes in hormonal levels and an increase in secretion by the glands of the cervix and vagina, which helps possible fertilization. A healthy woman of reproductive age produces about 20 ml of whiter per day, but this amount is individual.
A change in odor, color, or an increase in the amount of discharge, accompanied by irritation of the vaginal tissue, may indicate the presence of an infection.
The causes of the appearance of pathological secretions
The walls of the vagina and cervix contain glands secreting a small amount of fluid, which helps cleanse the genital tract. Normal whites are transparent or milky-white, they do not have an unpleasant smell. Various infectious diseases can cause a change in their volume, consistency, color or smell.
Pathological causes of changes in the nature of discharge:
This is an imbalance in the number of bacteria that are normally present in the vagina. Its exact causes are unknown. Previously it was thought that vaginosis is caused by bacteria Gardnerella, and was designated as Gardnerellosis. However, an increase in the number of these microorganisms with the disease is not always observed.
Infection caused by a unicellular parasite - Trichomonas vaginalis. The disease is sexually transmitted.
The infection is transmitted sexually. The causative agent is the bacteria Neisseria gonorrhoeae, or gonococci.
Another sexually transmitted infection caused by microorganisms of the genus Chlamydia. Infected women usually have no symptoms, and whites are the only manifestation of the pathology. In the acute course of the disease, in addition to heavy discharge, there are signs of inflammation of the vagina, urethra, bladder.
The disease occurs with excessive growth of Candida fungi in the vagina, often as a result of taking antibiotics or other factors that destroy the normal bacterial flora of the vagina.
Pathological leucorrhoea in women may have a different color - from transparent to gray, yellow, greenish or milky-white, as well as the unpleasant smell of a different nature. Symptoms depend on their cause:
- Bacterial vaginosis: not all women are accompanied by this symptom, but often under the action of a provoking factor, there is an abundant discharge of grayish-white color, with an unpleasant fishy smell.
- Trichomoniasis causes frothy yellow-green whites with a smell. Related symptoms include discomfort during intercourse and urination, irritation and itching of the genitals.
- Gonorrhea is accompanied by symptomatology in only half of the infected women. The patient may be bothered by burning during urination, an increase in its frequency, yellow vaginal discharge, redness and swelling of the genital organs, and itching in the vagina.
- Chlamydia is also often asymptomatic. In other patients, the amount of discharge increases and symptoms of cystitis, urethritis appear.
- Candidiasis is accompanied by thick, white, odorless, resembling cottage cheese in consistency. Other symptoms include burning, pain during urination and sexual intercourse.
Whites in healthy women
The nature of vaginal discharge may vary at different times in a woman’s life.
Leucorrhea before menstruation occurs 2-3 days in advance. They are usually white or slightly yellowish. If a woman uses intrauterine contraception (helix), whites of yellow or brownish color and smearing nature will be normal. The consistency they are quite thick, slimy nature, with a weak sourish odor.
During the 1st trimester of pregnancy, the woman usually does not notice any changes in the nature of the vaginal secretion. C13 weeks occurs the formation of a mucous plug that closes the cervical canal, accelerates metabolism and dying off of the vaginal wall cells. These processes are accompanied by an increase in the volume of secreted mucus, which normally has a light or white color, a liquid consistency, and no odor.
In the 3rd trimester, the selection becomes quite abundant. This feature is called "leukorrhea during pregnancy." If it is not accompanied by itching, burning, redness of the external genital organs, or a change in color and smell of discharge, this phenomenon is physiological in nature and only requires adherence to the rules of hygiene. Any changes to the normal properties must be reported to your doctor.
Leucorrhea during menopause gradually becomes less intense. However, they retain their usual color and low odor. Abundant discharge of yellow, green, curdled consistency or mixed with blood should be the cause of treatment to the gynecologist.
The function of the sex glands in elderly women is dying away, so hormones no longer affect the state of the vaginal wall. Its dryness develops, which should not cause concern. For discomfort, the gynecologist may prescribe an estrogen-containing cream that stimulates the mucous glands. At this age, abundant discharge, especially of a watery nature, which may be a sign of endometrial cancer, becomes a sign of pathology.
Options for vaginal discharge
To find out if you need medical care for belyah, you need to determine their nature:
- milky-white: a variant of the norm, usually occur before menstruation or several days after it,
- transparent and watery: a variant of the norm, if not accompanied by itching and unpleasant smell,
- resembling egg white: elastic, light, occur during the period of ovulation, indicate the greatest ability of a woman to conceive,
- yellow: a sign of an infectious process, with a concomitant fishy smell - a symptom of bacterial vaginosis,
- green: a symptom of infection, with the concomitant unpleasant odor, most likely trichomoniasis,
- brown: hormonal imbalance, endometriosis, uterine fibroids, as well as implant bleeding after pregnancy, while carrying a child can be a sign of threatening to interrupt gestation,
- thick: occur in the second phase of the cycle, often indicate the end of time favorable for conception,
- white crumb-shaped: a sign of thrush,
- pink: a symptom of a cervical or endometrial tumor, vaginal infections, cervical erosion.
Other possible causes of abnormal discharge
The change in the character of whiter can occur under the influence of more rare causes:
May develop into a new brand of laundry detergent, intimate hygiene products, etc. Chemicals in detergents, fabric softeners, creams, sprays, contraceptives for topical use (creams, vaginal tablets), and condoms can cause irritation in genital area. The same reaction sometimes occurs when antibiotics are intolerant.
First of all, diabetes. Women with this pathology have an increased risk of vaginal candidiasis. Also, thrush occurs when local immunity is inhibited and the number of normal lactic acid bacteria decreases under the influence of antibiotic therapy. Sometimes candidiasis develops after using any one of the groups of antibacterial drugs (for example, Ciprofloxacin), while others do not cause an exacerbation of the disease.
Non-compliance with hygiene rules
The cause of discharge and unpleasant smell can be forgotten in the vagina hygienic tampon. You can try to remove it yourself, after washing your hands well. If parts of the tampon are still inside, you should consult a gynecologist, since they can cause purulent inflammation and septic shock.
When abnormalities occur, the following diagnostic methods are used:
- finding out the symptoms of the disease, the time of their appearance and other characteristics,
- vaginal examination with examination of the vaginal walls and neck with the help of mirrors,
- smear from the vagina and from the surface of the neck for microscopic examination,
- polymerase chain reaction to identify infectious agents.
Preparations for the treatment of whiter prescribes a gynecologist after establishing the causes of pathology. The most commonly used antibiotics are in the form of tablets, injections or topical preparations, for example, vaginal suppositories.
It is important to get a full prescribed course of antibiotics or antifungal drugs, even if the symptoms have disappeared. If signs of the disease persist or recur, it is necessary to consult a gynecologist to rule out a malignant tumor of the genital organs.
To restore the vaginal microflora after the completion of antibiotic therapy are recommended:
- Vaginal suppositories Laktobakterin, Atsilakt, Bifidumbakterin, Bifiliz, Femileks,
- vaginal capsules Laktozhinal, Laktonorm, Ekofemin,
- Vaginal tablets Vaginorm-S.
Treatment for leukorrhea should include hygiene:
- washing with soap twice a day
- refusal to use tampons
- change of panty liners after every urination or bowel movement,
- the use of condoms without fragrances during sexual contact,
- use only cotton underwear.
Possible consequences of diseases associated with white hair in women, in the absence of timely treatment:
- pelvic inflammatory diseases (salpingitis, oophoritis, endometritis, endocervicitis),
- ectopic pregnancy,
- chronic pelvic pain.
Any abnormal discharge requires treatment to the doctor. Self-treatment at home without accurate diagnosis can cause a temporary improvement in well-being caused by the transition of the pathology to the chronic form. If at the same time there are genital infections, the woman remains a source of pathogenic microorganisms, thinking that she is healthy.
Douching as a method of treatment by doctors is not recommended. The body clears the walls of the vagina spontaneously. Douching can disrupt the normal balance of microflora, cause inflammation and increase the symptoms. Replace this popular method of therapy better sedentary baths.
It is recommended to use the recipes of traditional medicine only after an accurate diagnosis, simultaneously with the therapy prescribed by the gynecologist.
Useful broths for oral administration:
- wormwood roots (20 grams per cup), take a tablespoon three times during the day,
- peony roots, grass clover, which brew and drink instead of tea,
- juice of berries of viburnum, a quarter of a glass a day is enough to reduce the intensity of discharge.
For washing and sedentary baths, you can prepare such tools:
- take 30 grams of crushed eucalyptus leaves, pour a glass of boiling water, cool, strain and dissolve the infusion in 1 liter of boiled water,
- 10 ml of pharmaceutical tincture of calendula on alcohol dissolve in a glass of water,
- use for cooking broths tutsan, chamomile, oak bark, yarrow, sage,
- in case of severe itching, concentrated soda baths at the rate of 5 tablespoons per liter of water will help to quickly eliminate it.
Prognosis and prevention
In most cases, the conditions that cause the appearance of pathological whiter responds well to therapy. When treating atrophic vaginitis in elderly women with hormonal preparations, recovery of the mucous membrane will take several weeks.
When vaginal infections recur, the doctor prescribes more effective drugs, conducts a deeper examination to determine the causes of the protracted course of the disease.
To avoid diseases that can cause pathological secretions, it is necessary to observe the following preventive measures:
- Sexual hygiene, the use of barrier contraception (condoms), the rejection of promiscuous sex.
- Antibiotic treatment only as prescribed by a doctor.
- A full diet, the rejection of bad habits, the elimination of adverse factors that may adversely affect the health of a woman.
- Competent treatment of concomitant diseases, especially diabetes.
When secretion is normal
A healthy woman's vagina secretes a special fluid with the following characteristics (see photo):
- has a volume of up to 5 ml per day,
- transparent, whitish or milky,
- has a uniform texture
- mucous, thick or viscous,
- has small seals (no more than 4 mm),
- has a slightly sour odor or the flavor is completely absent,
- not supplemented by burning, itching, swelling and redness.
After drying, such a secretion leaves a stain on the linen or daily panty beige or yellowish shade.
If the selection of white and odorless match this description, then there is no cause for concern. But the secretion may change in a certain period of the cycle for other reasons that do not belong to the pathology.
Find out what a sign of what white secretions are before menstruation and when you should see a doctor by clicking on the link.
Natural factors of influence
The features of whiter are determined by:
- hormonal background,
- the state of the vaginal microflora,
- general health of a woman
- external influence.
Therefore, doctors advise patients to evaluate the secret of the genital tract for several indicators. This quantity, structure, condition and time of occurrence of whitish mucus.
Causes of the sudden appearance of white, odorless discharge and pronounced itching in women and girls may be due to relatively non-hazardous factors:
- A certain period of the menstrual cycle.
- Stage of development or extinction of reproductive function.
- Gestation period
- Breast feeding.
- Postpartum recovery.
- Sharp climate change.
- Allergic reaction of the vagina to latex.
- Taking birth control pills.
- The use of vaginal suppositories, creams, gels.
- Installing the intrauterine device.
- Dramatic weight loss or weight gain.
- Hormonal treatment.
- The reaction of a woman's vaginal biocenosis on the microflora of the sexual partner,
- Sperm entering the vagina.
- Non-compliance with intimate hygiene rules.
- Abuse of douching.
It is very important to accurately determine the factor of occurrence of a secret. Even a small impact on the reproductive system can cause serious disturbances. Therefore, it is better to discuss the presence of whiter for a woman with a doctor.
Find out in the article at the link whether white discharge means that a delayed menstruation is a completed conception or gynecological disease.
A slight increase in the volume of vaginal mucus is not always associated with diseases.
For heavy discharge without sharp odor and itch of white color the following factors are characteristic:
- Excitement (the presence of clear and white discharge during sex).
- Reaction to male sperm cells.
- Fertilization process.
- Stabilization of the cycle after menarche.
- The use of drugs with hormones.
Highlight white color without irritation of the genital organs in a small amount can be caused by:
- the influence of hormones during the first half of the menstrual cycle (before the ovulatory phase),
- the period of ripening of the corpus luteum,
- bad habits
- the beginning of menopause,
- systematic douching
- unsuitable intimate hygiene product.
Lack of secretion or lack of it adversely affects the functioning of the entire reproductive system. The body can not fully deal with harmful bacteria, as well as produce the necessary lubrication.
To provoke the appearance of non-dangerous thick, odorless white discharge can:
- hormones that prevail in the second half of the cycle,
- grease formation during sex,
- cleansing the vagina from sperm
- first 12 weeks of gestation,
- severe stress
- a large amount of cervical fluid in secret
- wrong underwear,
- the output of the remnants of candles and creams.
It can be kasheobraznye, jelly-like discharge from women or creamy traces on the daily strip. Odorless and itchy, this secretion does not require treatment. But with its long designation, it is better to consult a doctor.
For white liquid discharge without the presence of odor and itching, the following non-pathological causes are characteristic:
- Approximation of ovulation and the actual release of the egg from the follicle.
- Approximation of the first menstruation.
- Estrogen level increase.
- The effect of hormones before menstruation.
- Прием гормональных препаратов.
- Allergies to underwear or condoms.
Many of these factors can trigger other leucorrhoea. But in all cases, white vaginal mucus should not cause:
- mucosal irritations,
- discomfort in the genital area,
- pain sensations.
The duration of natural whiter should not exceed three or five days.
The presence of white mucous secretions without odor and discomfort is not always referred to as normal. Women are accustomed to, that with obvious violations must necessarily itch and itch in the crotch area. But many gynecologists claim that at the beginning of any negative process the body resists. Because of this, the unpleasant smell of vaginal discharge, discomfort and other symptoms of pathologies do not appear.
It is necessary to pay attention to the accompanying negative signs:
- Sharp increase in volume of the rejected liquid. The rate is not more than a teaspoon per day. If a woman does not carry a child, does not drink hormonal pills, and this is not the middle of the cycle, then perhaps there is a violation. An urgent need to contact the doctor if the daily pads get wet in less than an hour.
- Systematic occurrence of secretion. Disposable leucorrhea or mucus for up to five days is not dangerous. Special attention requires a secret that appears constantly, sometimes two weeks, and when a whole month without interruptions.
- Modified structure. The presence of flakes, large clots and seals of unknown origin indicates problems not only with the vaginal environment, but also with other genitals.
- Additional sensations. When the nature of the discharge remains within the normal range, but pulls the lower abdomen, tingles in the uterus, the temperature rises or the general condition worsens, the visit to the doctor cannot be postponed. The reason may be hiding both in a slight imbalance of microflora, and in the development of a serious disease.
A lot of secretion
Strong white odorless discharge can cause:
- cervical erosion,
- inflammation of the fallopian tubes,
- aerobic vaginitis.
Bacterial vaginosis should be immediately excluded. With this problem, often heavy discharge with a whitish tinge can smell like rotten fish. As well as the disease is accompanied by irritation of the mucous membrane, itching of the vagina and general discomfort of the perineum.
Feeling dry and thick white discharge
Vaginal dryness against the background of very thick and even hard discharge with a white color can be provoked:
- hormonal imbalance
- a clear lack of estrogen,
- started inflammatory process
- infection or fungus,
- chronic dysbiosis of the vagina.
The initial form of thrush or chronic candidiasis is characterized by white thick secretions without a sour smell and itching. Secretion can have not only a cheesy consistency. There are dense vaginal discharge, resembling a cream or sour cream.
At the very beginning, the entry of a pathogenic fungus differs only in whitish or light secretion. Additional symptoms manifest themselves with a decrease in immunity or against the background of antibiotics. These drugs kill not only harmful, but also beneficial lactobacilli, which block the reproduction of pathogenic organisms in the vagina.
In chronic thrush symptoms dulled. It arises again in inflammatory processes and other diseases that were caused by candidiasis.
Thick, odorless discharge may be caused by the following reasons:
- Viral lesion of the vagina.
- Infection in the microflora.
- Infection of the body with pathogenic bacteria.
- The presence of harmful microbes in the pelvic organs.
It is in the woman’s interest to consult a doctor and make a smear. Only in this way it is possible to establish precisely whether an infectious, bacterial or fungal factor caused unusual secretion.
The mucous consistency of vaginal fluid
Occurrence of abundant white mucus without odor often indicates infectious diseases. The situation lasts from two to three weeks, and only then there is an unpleasant aroma of whiter and discomfort.
Selection can cause:
Immediately after infection, the woman notices the appearance of white transparent discharge without an unpleasant odor. But the lack of timely treatment exacerbates the disease. There is a fetid odor, pus, foamy consistency whiter, the transparency of the veins changes, causing green, bright yellow shade of vaginal mucus.
Most often, due to inflammation, vaginal fluid with a turbid white shade begins to stand out.
It may be inflammation:
- ovaries and fallopian tubes (salpingoophoritis),
- cervix (cervicitis),
- glands of the vagina (Bartholinitis),
- labia (vulvitis),
- cervical mucosa (endometritis).
Unpleasant odor at the early stage of these diseases is practically absent. The following symptoms are well pronounced:
- female cycle failure
- delay of menstruation,
- painful urination,
- itching and burning,
- discomfort in the abdomen,
- pain during sex
The inflammatory process can occur for the following reasons:
- When there is no permanent sexual partner.
- Due to unprotected intercourse.
- Due to violation of the rules of intimate hygiene.
- As a result of various intrauterine interventions.
- In case of infection, fungus.
- After hypothermia.
Regardless of the pathogen, the whitish shade of whiter is caused by an increased number of white blood cells. They are found in normal discharge, but their number should not exceed 10 (for the vagina) and 30 (for the cervix).
Systematic discharge, similar in color to milk, cannot be considered normal. In this case, the woman necessarily need medical care. Among the reasons for this feature is to highlight:
- improper hygiene of the genitals,
- violation of metabolic processes,
- the presence of inflammation,
- the presence of a foreign object in the vagina,
- wrong hormone therapy
- the presence of benign tumors,
- the presence of cancer,
- manifestation of an allergic reaction.
Treatment of secretions
Most white, odorless secretions in women do not need treatment. But for any complaints or ailments, it is better to visit a doctor. The nature of the vaginal mucus and the time of its occurrence can only give a signal of a violation, but not help to establish the exact cause of the occurrence.
For a start, enough inspection on the gynecological chair. After that, the doctor will prescribe a smear. The course of further examination will depend on the results of the evaluation of biological material. May need:
- blood and urine test
- Ultrasound of the pelvic organs,
- visiting urologist,
- examination of the endocrinologist,
- examination by other specialists.
A visit to additional doctors is explained by the fact that diabetes, malfunction of the thyroid gland, and urological problems can provoke the occurrence of whitish secretions.
The development of whiter is extremely necessary for the reproductive system. They provide protection and normal work of the genitals. Any change in vaginal fluid should alert the woman. In most cases, these are minor failures, but any violation is easier to treat if the diagnosis is made on time.
What is considered the norm
Beli appear in girls during puberty. Little girls do not have any discharge, and when they appear, it is worth referring to a pediatrician, since they indicate diseases of the urinary system.
In a healthy woman, discharge is odorless and without itching. They are transparent or whitish in color. Sometimes a light sourish flavor is allowed. Normally, two to four milliliters of mucus is secreted per day; it can leave yellow spots on laundry, up to 4 centimeters in size.
If a copious amount of clots with accompanying symptoms (with a strong odor or odorless and itching accompanies them) is allocated, then it is worth checking with a gynecologist for infections.
The number of whites increases dramatically after sex and during the act. If the contact was without the use of condoms, then they are a vaginal lubricant and semen.
Clots on the eve of menstruation
Before menstruation, the vaginal mucosa is renewed and cleaned in women.
Abundant mucus forms, which contains a number of components:
- keratinized epithelium remnants,
- leukocytes in single quantities,
Bleach may be slightly unclear because of its composition. If before the beginning of the menstruation there is a white thick discharge from women, then this may indicate a pregnancy. In future mothers hormonal changes are changing, which leads to changes in the nature of clots.
Beli for ovulation
There are physiological causes of mucus in ovulation. Each new cycle the woman's body prepares to conceive a child. Sperm is better and more convenient to move in a liquid medium, so during ovulation the amount of discharge increases, they become more viscous.
White discharge suggests that the necessary hormones are formed, and the body is ready to bear the baby. But when fertilization has not come, the uterus must be cleansed of basal cells. This is possible due to mucus and copious secretions.
Slime when carrying a child
In early pregnancy, abundant white clots are found in almost all women. This is due to a sharp jump in hormones. By the second trimester, the excretions become thicker.
The appearance of abundant mucus should not alarm or scare mom. If whites do not cause discomfort, they have no smell or an unusual color (yellow or green), then they are the norm.
Attention! If there are blood impurities in pregnant women in the mucus, then the woman is threatened with miscarriage or premature birth. You should immediately contact your gynecologist.
The differences in consistency
White mucus can be thick and liquid. Trihomonads or chlamydia can provoke abundant and liquid clots. Sometimes mycoplasmas give this reaction.
If the discharge is thick in its consistency and is accompanied by other symptoms, this indicates the progression of the following pathologies:
- diseases caused by viruses
- bacterial infections
- venereal diseases,
- microflora imbalance (may be caused by hormonal disruptions).
A very important feature is the presence of foam. If it is present, then it indicates trichomoniasis (sexually transmitted infection).
White thick discharge and itching in women are the main symptoms of vaginal candidiasis. In the microflora of the vagina of each woman contains Candida fungi. But in a number of situations they begin to multiply actively. This causes abundant white clots. They are characterized by sharp and sour odors, cheesy consistency.
The mucus in thrush is accompanied by many unpleasant symptoms: a feeling of itching or burning, pain during bladder emptying or during sex. There is swelling of the labia, clitoris and vulva.
Thrush occurs with a decrease in immunity: after taking antibiotics, prolonged chronic diseases, infections of the urogenital system, pregnancy, allergies, use of birth control pills.
This is bacterial vaginosis of the vagina. Usually observed in women of childbearing age. It causes a decrease in immunity. But sexual infection is possible.
In pathology, the bacteria Gardnerella actively proliferate. Inflamed vagina and cervix. In women, white mucus is observed with the acrid odor of rotten fish. Sometimes it can be grayish. Patients feel a feeling of severe itching and burning. Also characterized by pain and pain in the abdomen. After sexual intercourse, the symptoms increase as the bacteria begin to actively proliferate in the alkaline environment of the sperm.
With the observance of a number of measures, it is possible to minimize the risks of the appearance of white and thick vaginal discharge. These are simple rules that support the normal functioning of the genitourinary system.
- wear linen from natural fabrics: cotton or linen,
- observe the rules of personal hygiene, take a shower daily, and if necessary twice a day,
- select the means for intimate care, based on the characteristics of the body,
- do not constantly use daily pads, they impede the penetration of oxygen, promote the growth of bacteria. If you can not do without wearing dailies, then they need to be changed frequently.
Attention! Any woman should visit a gynecologist 1 - 2 times a year. This will be the prevention of gynecological diseases and other pathologies of the genitourinary system.
White thick discharge found in many women. They can be safe and talk about the normal activities of the body. Such clots are observed during pregnancy, ovulation, or before menstruation.
If white mucus is accompanied by an unpleasant odor, crotch or itching, this indicates the urinary system diseases. You need to consult a doctor, he diagnoses that this will prescribe treatment.
Causes of whites from the vagina
Many of the fair sex are interested in the origin of the transparent, watery secretion from the woman's vagina. Let's try to reveal this topic in as much detail as possible. According to experts, there are many reasons for the appearance of white discharge in women. Natural processes of physiology, infectious diseases are considered to be the "culprits" of the occurrence of whitening. The normal vaginal secretion is odorless. If you feel bad smell - this is one of the first signals of health problems.
Unpleasantly smelling white discharge from girls and women of reproductive age indicates the presence of bacteria in the genitals. Often the sources of such troubles are the following factors:
- Thrush or urogenital candidiasis. The causative agent of this indisposition is Candida fungus. The main symptoms of the disease are considered strong discharge cheesy consistency, for which the characteristic severe itching and burning in the vagina. The leucorrhoea caused by thrush has a sour, sharp odor.
- Itching in the vagina and white discharge causes dysbacteriosis (bacterial vaginosis) of the genital organs - a breakdown in communication between various beneficial microbes. Vaginosis is characterized by abundant, sometimes frothy, gray tint. The disease is recognized by the repulsive "scent" of whiter, similar to the smell of fish.
- The next obvious reason for the appearance of purulent, thick, frothy secretions of a greenish color is Trichomonas colpit disease. It is dangerous and requires urgent medical intervention.
- Often white, heavy discharge from girls or women is a sign that basic hygiene of the genitals is not observed. This leads to the proliferation of bacteria, plus serious diseases of the female reproductive organs.
Often whites that do not have a smell, stand out for the following reasons:
- Vaginal secretions take on a thinner, watery consistency, become more abundant during the period of ovulation (the stage of the menstrual cycle when a ripe egg leaves the ovaries).
- Thick, white discharge without odor and itching accompany sexual intercourse. The vagina produces a natural lubricant for easy entry of the male sex organ inwards. Due to this, the partners will not feel discomfort during intercourse.
- The number of white non-hazardous secretions in women increases during the period of childbearing. This is a necessary measure to effectively protect the fetus and mother from infection in the body.
- Sometimes leucorrhoea is provoked by the use of intrauterine devices, creams, similar contraceptives.
Why white highlights appear
If before menstruation, during sexual intimacy or at the onset of pregnancy, clear or white mucous discharge appears, this should not be cause for excitement. This body reaction is characteristic. If whites cause discomfort, have an unpleasant smell, change the shade, then you should definitely consult with your doctor. Atypical secretions indicate diseases that are best treated at the initial stage.
White discharge in healthy women is observed during the menstrual cycle. Natural whites are created with the help of secretions of the genital organs, assist in their moisturizing, block the appearance of harmful bacteria. If there is no infection in the body, the discharge is transparent, whitish, moderate in quantity. The consistency of whites often varies, depending on the hormone level and secretion activity.
White discharge without itching, burning, odors, which have a slightly hazy color - this is standard. In this way, the vagina gets rid of dead skin cells. Stinging whites before menstruation can notify about the appearance of pathology. If the discharge is curvy, cheesy, accompanied by a delay of menstruation, then you should immediately contact the gynecology for advice.
Белые выделения при беременности относят к нормальной реакции организма, которая происходит по причине увеличения количества гормонов и усиления кровообращения в области влагалища. If the whites differ in abundance, then it is better to refuse to wear narrow clothes (synthetics) for the period of carrying a baby. It is advisable to more closely monitor personal hygiene, use daily pads. Such vaginal discharge does not affect the birth, the condition of the unborn child.
Sometimes there is a white-yellow discharge in early pregnancy, which in some cases serves as a signal of vaginal infectious diseases and similar illnesses. The most common ailments in pregnant women include fungal infections that cause leucorrhoea of atypical color. Discharges outside the normal range are found in venereal diseases. If it was found that the vaginal secretion does not match the natural white, then you should immediately undergo a medical examination. Easy, fast healing process is guaranteed.
During or after intercourse
The amount of secretion released by the vagina during and after sexual contact is always increased, if a woman has no problems with urinary function. Vaginal whites play the role of lubricant, which helps to avoid discomfort and pain when a man enters the penis into the vagina. But, if the female secretion that is released when excited, changes color, texture, or gets an unpleasant smell, a consultation with a doctor will not be superfluous.
Such signs are harbingers of sexually transmitted diseases and not only. For example, cheesy, white and too strong vaginal discharge talk about the appearance of thrush. Symptoms of a very unpleasant and dangerous disease - trichomoniasis are greenish or yellow vaginal secretion of foamy consistency and severe itching. Do not risk your health and run the disease. Immediate treatment will help achieve a quick recovery.
What vaginal discharge is considered normal
To normal vaginal discharge include:
- vaginal secretion of not abundant nature,
- clear white secret vagina,
- white odorless (have only a barely perceptible, specific aroma, individual for each woman),
- a secret that does not irritate the skin and genital mucosa,
- discharge that does not cause pain, burning and discomfort in general.
What diseases indicate white discharge
As mentioned earlier, the white mucous discharge from the vagina of a healthy woman does not differ in a special color and smell. Periodically, the density of secretion changes, which in some situations signals the appearance of diseases.
Vaginal secretions that have a dense, creamy consistency indicate the likelihood of harmful microbes entering the female body. The sooner the disease is detected, the greater the chance of getting rid of its development and avoiding the characteristic consequences. The source of the appearance of atypical strong whiter is often fungal, viral, bacterial ailments (less often more serious diseases that require surgery). The most common "culprits" of such secretions are thrush, infections of the urethra.