Climax is an integral stage in the life of every woman, whose age is more than 45 years. The period is due to the cessation of reproductive function. It lasts an average of 2 to 10 years. This condition is not a disease, although it is accompanied by rather unpleasant symptoms.
Mostly women complain of climax headaches. They are very different: whining, pulsating, weak and unbearable. Now we will find out why they appear, what symptoms are accompanied and what should be done to prevent their appearance.
Why does a symptom occur and how does it manifest itself?
The causes of pain in the head (cephalgia) are many. Due to the nature of the body, age, the risk of vascular and musculoskeletal diseases increases. Therefore, the main causes of pain are identified:
- pathological changes in the cervical spine,
- a sharp increase and decrease in blood pressure,
- vascular diseases in the brain,
- irritation of nerve endings.
Depending on where the focus of pain is located, you can determine the cause of its occurrence:
- The pain in the temples appears due to increased pressure, VSD, atherosclerosis, inflammation of the brain, nerves of the jaw and triple nerve.
- If the pain is localized in the back of the head, then we can safely say that it caused problems with the cervical spine.
The main difference between climacteric migraine from other species is its duration. As a rule, it lasts a long time, while ordinary painkillers do not practically have a therapeutic result.
Pressure surges join her, aggravating the woman's general well-being. Nausea, no appetite. Understanding the cause of these symptoms is possible only after an examination.
- Nervous irritability. Women become more irritable, there are problems with sleep, anxiety increases.
Pressure. When the body is rebuilt to a new rhythm of work, there are constantly sharp drops in pressure, due to which dizziness and headache appear.
- Hot flashes, one of the main signs of menopause. First, the woman throws her body into a fever, her health deteriorates sharply, her sweating rises. This condition lasts for about a minute and may result in loss of consciousness. The heat passes, and the feeling of heat is replaced by cold and chilliness.
So, how to understand that a headache hurts precisely from the onset of menopause, and not for any other reasons? To answer this question, the following features of pain must be considered:
- cephalgia lasts a very long time
- conventional antispasmodics and painkillers do not help,
- the nature of the pain is aching, occurs suddenly, is accompanied by a feeling of nausea, rarely ends in vomiting,
- cephalgia appeared between the ages of 40 and 45,
- pains begin simultaneously with the appearance of other characteristic signs of menopause.
It should be borne in mind that migraine and menopause - two permanent satellites. If earlier a woman was worried about periodic pain in the head, then after menopause she often becomes stronger and is already classified as a migraine.
This is due to the minimal release of the hormone estrogen, in the absence of which, health problems begin to arise.
Only a doctor can diagnose and determine the cause of cephalgia. Sometimes similar symptoms occur with aneurysm and a tumor in the brain. Therefore, if you start to have a headache during the onset of menopause, you should definitely get tested to exclude the presence of life-threatening diseases.
Taking into account the fact that cephalgia becomes a constant companion of a woman during menopause, it is necessary to start treatment as soon as possible. Doctors recommend combining drug and non-drug treatment.
Non-drug treatment involves the adoption of means and popular recipes for the correction of hormone levels and pain relief. As a rule, folk methods are well manifested only in the complex treatment of migraine during menopause. Medicines use two types: for the relief of pain and for long-term use.
In particular, apply:
Hormonal tablets - adjust the level of estrogen, thereby improving the tone of blood vessels in the brain, the state of the central nervous system, decreases nervous excitement.
This contributes to the normalization of intracranial pressure, reducing the severity of the main symptoms of menopause. A gynecologist prescribes medications that contain both progesterone and estrogen at the same time, for example: Triziston, Logest.
Homeopathic medicines are widely used. They normalize the hormonal background, help fight the pronounced symptoms of menopause. The most popular homeopathic medicines prescribed for menopause:
- Remens. The action is aimed at correcting hormonal levels, improving blood circulation in the vessels of the brain. Available in the form of drops and tablets. Reception duration - 3 months.
Klimaktoplan. Corrects hormonal level, improves vascular tone, thereby reducing pressure. Reduces the frequency of attacks of cephalgia, tides, improves sleep. Available in tablet form. Reception duration - 2 months.
- Ginecohel. Combined tool, adjusts the level of progesterone and estrogen. Due to this, the manifestations of the main symptoms of menopause decrease. Available in the form of drops. The duration of therapy is 21 days, but if necessary, the doctor prolongs the treatment.
Other methods of therapy
It is not excluded the use of recipes of traditional medicine. From herbs and other plants prepare infusions and decoctions. They help stabilize hormone levels, improve sleep, stop migraine attacks, improve the condition of blood vessels. The main thing is to consult with your doctor before use.
Wash the shells and membranes of walnut well. Pour water, boil for 5 minutes. Drain the water, pour them 250 ml of alcohol. Insist week. Take 1 tsp. twice a day, diluting with water in a 1: 1 ratio. Accept - 3 weeks.
- Pour a glass of oats with water, boil for 30 minutes. Drain the water in a jar and add the same amount of milk to it. Take 100 ml in the morning and evening, if necessary, add a little honey. The duration of therapy is 1 month.
- The leaves of currant, nettle, mint taken in equal proportions, 1 tbsp. l and pour 0.5 liters of boiling water. Boil for 5 minutes. Insist 2 hours, drink 100 ml each morning, before meals for three weeks.
In addition to the use of medicines and folk remedies, you should not forget about the basic rules for the prevention of cephalgia. They consist in:
- refusal to smoke and alcohol. Nicotine contributes to the narrowing of blood vessels, which, in turn, aggravates pain,
correction mode of the day, sleep should fall at least 8-9 hours a day. Before bedtime, be sure to ventilate the room, do a wet cleaning. It is important to spend two or three hours in the open air;
- reviewing the diet. It is important to exclude from the menu fatty and fried foods. Food should be fractional, consist of vegetables, fruits, cereals, dairy products. Drink at least two liters per day, use less salt and sugar,
- normalization of the psycho-emotional sphere - if possible, you should avoid stress.
Twice a week you need to go to the swimming pool and do therapeutic exercises. In the morning and in the evening a contrast shower is required. If the pain pesters too often, you need to undergo electrophoresis.
Do not forget to take vitamins for your age group in the spring and autumn. This will make you feel much better and not feel a lack of substances necessary for the body. Their deficiency significantly affects the health of the skin, nails, and the state of the immune system.
Menopause is not a disease, although it is accompanied by many unpleasant symptoms. Headache is the most common symptom in menopause, which is not necessary to put up and perceive as inevitable. Be sure to consult your problem with a doctor.
He will give the direction to the survey to determine the exact cause of the pain. According to the results of treatment will be assigned, which will bring long-awaited relief and help return to a normal and fulfilling life.