Many women experience malaise before menstruation. Symptoms such as nausea and even vomiting occur during critical days. Sometimes they are expressed so vividly that you have to change plans and stay at home until the state improves. To cope with the situation, you need to find out the reasons why nausea occurs during menstruation, and, if possible, eliminate them.
Causes of nausea associated with menstruation
To understand why sick during menstruation, you need to take into account many factors. Vomiting and other unpleasant symptoms on the first day of menstruation can be caused by PMS, taking oral contraceptives, and sometimes pregnancy. Even the use of tampons during this period can lead to the manifestation of a similar clinical picture.
Even before the onset of menstruation, sick most often due to PMS. It can be recognized by certain symptoms and signs of an approaching menstruation. Such changes are caused by hormonal changes. In this connection, the premenstrual syndrome begins to manifest itself. On the first day of menstruation, bloating, rash, and swelling are observed. During this period the breast swells, becomes sensitive. The woman is tormented by pain in the abdomen and lower back, she becomes susceptible to odors and irritable. In addition, there is nausea during menstruation. Even vomiting is not excluded.
If a woman chose birth control pills as a contraceptive, then due to hormonal changes, she may feel sick during critical days.
In this case, you need to consult with a gynecologist. It is possible that you will have to choose another drug.
When menstruation occurs, sometimes sick because of the use of tampons. These products can cause toxic shock, in which there are such unpleasant sensations as dizziness and urge to vomit. Nausea during menstruation in this case should not be overlooked. The best solution is to use pads.
It is believed that the first sign of pregnancy is the absence of menstruation, but this is not always the case. Despite conception, bleeding can still occur. The fact that a woman gets nauseous during this period is explained by the onset of toxicosis. The first thing to do is to conduct a test. With the appearance of even a barely noticeable second strip, fears will be confirmed.
In this situation, you need to be extremely attentive. Similar symptoms can signal an ectopic or missed abortion. The bleeding is considered an alarm signal indicating a risk of miscarriage.
Medical assistance should be sought immediately.
Possible symptoms during menstruation
Often in women with menstrual cramps and stomach ache. It is quite possible urge to vomit. In addition, there are associated symptoms, including:
Pain that appeared during the menstrual period, a feeling of weakness, nausea, and other symptoms are caused by various factors. Normally, such changes should not give a woman strong discomfort.
Accompanied by pain in the lower abdomen menstruation is not uncommon. It is possible the deterioration of overall health, dizziness during menstruation. In the morning and evening may urge to vomit.
Pallor is due to severe blood loss, as a result of which anemia develops. She in turn causes dizziness and nausea. Such symptoms often indicate pathologies on the part of the gastrointestinal tract, aggravated during hormonal changes.
Nausea as a sign of disease
Nausea and dizziness during menstruation may indicate the development or exacerbation of serious diseases. For this reason, you should immediately seek help from a doctor. It is necessary to undergo a full examination, to identify the cause of the occurrence of such symptoms and to eliminate provoking factors.
Nausea and vomiting during menstruation can be caused by pathologies such as:
- lowering blood glucose levels
- cervical osteochondrosis,
- Meniere's disease
- brain tumor,
- diseases of the digestive tract.
Great blood loss during critical days can cause weakness, dizziness and nausea. This causes anemia. Normally, the hemoglobin level in the body is in the range from 115 to 135 g / l. If the rates are lower, then anemia is diagnosed. As a result, such complications as oxygen starvation, increased heart rate, disturbance of smell and taste, need for chalk, unexplained craving for inhaling the smell of gasoline and paint are possible.
With the development of cervical osteochondrosis, the blood supply to the brain is disturbed, due to which nausea and vomiting appear during menstruation, and dizziness. The exacerbation of pathology during this period is due to swelling of tissues, compression of nerve endings and paravertebral vessels. Additional symptoms include numbness of the hands, tension and pain in the neck.
There were also cases when nausea and vomiting appeared during menstruation with a decrease in glucose level. In women suffering from diabetes, such violations are observed when non-compliance with the rules for the use of insulin, alcohol consumption, eating habits and excessive physical exertion. If there is no history of this disease, then the decrease in the sugar level is due to a strict diet, starvation, pathologies of the pancreas and adrenal glands.
During menstruation, Meniere's disease can worsen. Due to this, symptoms characteristic of the disease appear:
- noise in ears,
- excessive sweating
- coordination problems.
Inflammation provoked by the meninges also causes nausea. In addition, there is hyperthermia. During the formation of tumors, an increase in intracranial pressure and epileptic seizures are additionally noted.
Most often, nausea, accompanied by severe cramps in the abdomen, is caused by exacerbation or development of gastrointestinal diseases. If you find these symptoms need an urgent medical consultation.
The occurrence of nausea, vomiting, and dizziness during the period of critical days is not uncommon. With mild symptoms of no reason to alarm. If the condition worsens so much that a woman cannot do her usual activities, then she cannot do without the help of a gynecologist. Such changes in the body are caused by both harmless causes and serious diseases. It is imperative to timely identify and eliminate them. Thus, it will be possible not only to improve the general condition, but also to avoid a number of undesirable complications, which will be more difficult to manage.
Nausea and PMS
Everyone knows that during menstruation, there are huge hormonal changes in the female body. Accordingly, for the body is stress. Manifestations of stress in each representative of the beautiful part of humanity are individual. The stress period was generalized by the name “premenstrual syndrome” (PMS).
Most often with PMS, a woman is very irritable and quick-tempered. But this condition is due to poor health.
Every woman has her own PMS symptoms.
The most common complaints are:
- Swelling and breast sensuality,
Why does a woman feel such strange manifestations of PMS? The answer is very simple: hormones. Estrogen and progesterone are rebuilt and cause such unpleasant feelings. Their jump before menstruation creates an imbalance in the body, which leads to depression, nervous breakdowns, drowsiness, or, conversely, insomnia.
Often, when a woman gets nauseated, there are quite reasonable thoughts that she is expecting a child. A well-known sign of pregnancy is toxicosis. And when after still vomiting and dizziness begins, the girl no longer doubts her interesting position. And even more, if the delay of menstruation in a few days. What can I say, sick even more, but already because of the experience "what will happen now?"
In such cases, it is worth making a rapid test for pregnancy. Just after a few minutes - the result. Two strips or a weak second stripe can talk about pregnancy. But if the delay is only a few days, the usual test strip may not reveal pregnancy. You can go and donate blood to hCG. This analysis will show the presence of pregnancy in the earliest terms, if the result is positive.
Unfortunately, these tests will indicate a pregnancy, but they can mean both an ectopic pregnancy and a frozen one. So it is better to immediately consult a doctor to exclude pathology.
Those situations where symptoms such as nausea and dizziness remained, and menstruation went or began to smear, they talk about possible pregnancy and problems. In any case, after a positive pregnancy test is to contact a gynecologist.
If the test showed a negative result, bleeding began, and vomiting continues, it means a hormonal failure in the body. If this is the first time such a picture, then there is no need to worry, but if it repeats periodically - you need to seek medical help from a doctor to eliminate the cause of such symptoms.
PMS is a frequent visitor in the life of a woman before the beginning of the red days. But they should not be permanent, which prevents enjoy life.
Nausea during menstruation
During menstruation, some girls feel sick. At the same time, there is weakness and dizziness. All these symptoms are not regular and may not appear every time during critical days.
If you get nauseous and it happened once, you should not worry much. There can be a lot of reasons. The main thing that such sensations were not systematic and did not appear every time during menstruation.
During menstruation, the following symptoms may occur:
So why feel sick, what could be the reasons for girls who feel completely healthy on the other days of the menstrual cycle?
There are several reasons for such sensations:
- Anatomical features. In some women, nature has created a womb rejected. During bleeding it increases and begins to put pressure on the spinal nerve endings (roots). After uterine contraction, naturally, signs of nausea disappear.
- Nausea during menstruation can be caused by excess fluid in a woman’s body. It provokes internal pressure on the organs. The result is nausea.
- Serotin, which is produced by the body during menstruation. Serotin appears in the cerebrospinal fluid. Its excess prevents water from being excreted from the body, in this way swelling occurs inside the skull. As a result, headache, dizziness, up to loss of consciousness.
- Prostaglandins. In some representatives of the beautiful part of humanity, an increase in prostaglandins during menstruation is observed. This entails uterine contractions, constriction of the blood vessels, the feeding of the uterine walls is disturbed and, as a result, painful sensations, nausea during menstruation, dizziness.
- Oral contraceptives can also cause nausea and vomiting. Especially, this can happen to inexperienced girls who are just trying to use it. In the first month, such failures may well be. It is better to consult with your gynecologist.
- New pregnancy. As already mentioned, during pregnancy can go monthly, but it will not bring anything good, everything is smooth, you need to go to an appointment with a gynecologist.
- Vomiting can be caused by the use of conventional tampons. Causes in toxic shock. If a woman has such a picture, then you should give preference to gaskets.
- If symptoms such as lumbar pain, pain in the lower abdomen and in the area of the ovaries are added to vomiting and dizziness, then gynecologists diagnose algomenorrhea. The reasons lies in the wrong structure of the uterus or its underdevelopment. It is primary or secondary. Primary, appears with the arrival of the first menstrual and passes after childbirth. Secondary, can talk about problems with women's health. In any case, it is worth contacting a doctor for help and fixing the problem.
- Vomiting during menstruation may also be due to stomach ailments. Therefore, a balanced diet and maintaining a healthy state will help get rid of unpleasant sensations.