Critical days involve the separation of the inner layer of the uterine lining, which did not receive the fertilized egg, and its removal through the vagina.
The first days of menstruation may be more liquid and have a scarlet color. This is a completely normal condition and no worries. After 1-2 days, menstruation normalizes, and the blood becomes darker in color.
If the blood during the critical days continues to be liquid, as if it was diluted with water, this is the first signal that all is not well in the body. The circulation is most likely impaired. You need to find out the cause and start treatment to avoid serious complications.
If menstruation is like water with blood, you should start worrying. This is a violation in the circulatory system of the pelvic organs. The watery nature of menstruation and a large amount of mucus and plasma in the secretions coming out of the vagina during the CD may indicate bleeding.
Discharge throughout all monthly fluid consistency, have a scarlet color and odorless. Usually bleeding lasts more than 7 days. If a woman had normal menstruation for 4 days before, and after such symptoms appeared and their nature changed, it is worth making an appointment with a doctor.
Liquid periods can indicate the presence of cysts on the ovaries or in the uterus. Also the cause of this condition can be a malignant tumor. If liquid periods, like water, do not appear for the first time, you should consult a doctor as soon as possible. Do not risk your health.
The essence of the problem
Therefore, for some women, the period may be somewhat strange, i.e. liquid, pink instead of red, very light or dark. Discharges that appear after menstruation and have a liquid consistency should cause particular anxiety.
The liquid secretions should be understood as those that look like they were diluted with water. If the monthly become too light, liquid, then this is the first signal that not everything in the body is beneficial. This is primarily caused by impaired circulation.
If periods are watery in nature, this causes a large amount of mucus and plasma to form in their composition. Sometimes liquid and light discharges become scanty, acquire the character of ordinary ointment, turning into clear and transparent, this signals a very serious problem in the body.
Causes of light discharge
Spotting with a light color, such as pink, is provoked by the following reasons:
- A pregnancy began, during which mucus is secreted and blood is mixed with it. This process is characteristic of attaching the fetus to the wall of the uterus. This bleeding does not last long, it is very scarce, short. In any case, you should consult a doctor, because pink bleeding can mean a miscarriage.
- A woman takes hormonal drugs or she has been coiled, which can cause light bleeding. Such menstruation may be accompanied by pain in the lower abdomen, so the method of contraception must be urgently changed.
- Diseases of the thyroid gland, which provoke changes in hormonal levels. In this case, bleeding can change color and its structure - to be light or brown, viscous and liquid.
- Infectious and inflammatory processes that are often accompanied by itching, burning, abdominal pain, weakness, unpleasant smell.
- The presence of cysts or fibromas, provoking light periods, which may be accompanied by aching pain, the development of erosion.
In any case, for pale bleeding should pay special attention, because the normal is considered red menstruation. Therefore, it is imperative to contact a gynecologist.
Anxiety should cause menstrual flow, which are scarlet. This is due to the fact that the endometrial layer begins to oxidize the blood, which then coagulates, acquiring a rich hue. Scarlet menstruation should be only the first, maximum the second day of menstruation. But if this does not pass, the woman should go to the hospital, as there are scarlet and uterine bleeding that can cause severe physical pathologies. If scarlet bleeding is abundant, then they can permeate the entire gasket. They have a liquid character, the smell is almost absent, the following symptoms are present:
- A woman feels bad, so she always wants to lie down.
- There is a decrease in appetite.
- There are problems with the coordination of movements.
- Dizziness is characteristic.
- The skin becomes pale, especially in the face and hands.
- Chills are possible due to lack of tissue nutrition.
- Violation of metabolic processes in the body.
Such symptoms, manifested a week before menstruation or a little later, are very dangerous for health. Uterine bleeding can very quickly cause serious damage to the body, leading to death.
Liquid menstruation of scarlet color is often triggered by low levels of hemoglobin in the blood, and therefore can be repeated for several cycles. As a result, the development of serious diseases of internal organs can begin.
The change in the usual color of bleeding, as well as their structure, can be triggered by a complex of gynecological diseases, which include:
- Inflammatory processes occurring in the pelvic organs.
- Chronic infections.
- Oncological processes.
- The onset of ectopic pregnancy.
Such secretions are from girls who have just begun the formation of hormonal levels, and can last for 2 years. Also characteristic of these monthly scarlet color for women who are entering a period of menopause, and in this case, you must consult a gynecologist, so that he appointed a special examination. This is necessary to exclude oncology and the presence of tumors. In all these cases, the consistency of the monthly changes, they become more fluid and light. Often, such discharge is characteristic of women who, before menstruation, received vaginal injuries associated with improper douching, rough sexual intercourse.
Consider other types of light discharge. The mucus is produced by the reproductive organs, so menstruation can have different shades of light, sometimes turning yellow, orange, have a putrid smell and a lot of unpleasant symptoms. In particular, yellow discharge can be triggered by the following reasons:
- Sexually transmitted diseases.
- Hormones that are produced by the ovaries, pituitary, adrenal glands, thyroid.
- Exacerbation of viral diseases, which can provoke secretions that are completely unrelated to menstruation.
- Chronic stress.
Yellow discharge may be watery or white with clots. In the early days of the menstrual cycle, they may be liquid, like water, although they acquire a dirty shade on the gasket.
Monthly orange becomes, if women in the blood lacks certain types of hormones. Therefore, a large selection of the endometrium, mucus, which change the usual consistency of menstruation, is provoked.
Sometimes menstruation becomes orange due to metabolic disorders, high blood pressure, which becomes chronic.
In this case, the treatment will be prescribed not only by a gynecologist, but also a cardiologist. Sometimes the orange color of the menstrual flow is observed if a surgical operation has been performed, including curettage or helix. Such periods also have other differences, such as scanty and pale.
Women's health is a delicate issue
It is for the duration and regularity of the cycle that there is a chance to draw conclusions about the woman's health and prevent unnecessary deviations in time.
What will tell the monthly? They signal the processes in the body. If the cycle has changed, or the amount of discharge has changed, or they have changed color - here it is required to pay attention to the body tips.
You should not wait for time and hope that “it will resolve itself” - after all, such cycle failures are different by progression, which only a doctor can assess. And it is desirable to understand and evaluate the symptom, which is recommended to run to a professional.
Normal cycle rates
Everyone understands that normal, without deviations menstruation talk about the excellent reproductive health of women.
For a woman, a normal monthly cycle means:
- safety from pregnancy (which is sometimes a priority in a woman’s life),
- remoteness of menopause
- elimination of iron overload.
Each woman's monthly discharge is characterized by its own characteristics, but there are moments that should be traced in every healthy woman. This timeliness of discharge (once a month), characterized by an average amount and consistency, not transmitted by the aroma and specific color, as well as the average duration.
And if your monthly allotment causes problems, then some questions need to be answered: And if your monthly allotment causes problems, then you should answer some questions:
- What do the discharge, not considering pregnancy.
- What can threaten painful, heavy or scanty menses.
- What can tell the color of the discharge.
Any violation of these points will mean that the woman has certain health problems.
The safety of pregnancy depends on the health of the reproductive organs.
Allocations and their appearance - what can he tell?
One of the main indicators of a woman’s health is the fragrance and color of discharge that can be detected during menstruation.
And if their color is different from normal in the direction of liquefaction (as if diluted with water) or vice versa, thickening and saturation with color - this indicates unpleasant problems.
Such changes signal certain disruptions in the female body. And if the menstruation is too liquid, or too light, as if water has been added to them - this will be the first adverse symptom.
And to talk about light menstruation, then this problem appears with some violations of the blood circulation processes, or more simply, with problems with blood stopping. In the arteries of the body may not form (or poorly formed) blood clots.
When a woman’s health is normal, the discharge is characterized by a completely homogeneous character, and will resemble in mind the dark venous blood - which is what it is.
Menstruation should not resemble water - otherwise it will indicate an unnecessary amount of mucus, as well as plasma, which appeared in their composition.
If the monthly decreased, and the menstruation has acquired the character of smearing - clear and transparent discharge characterizes even greater problems. They become like water - almost transparent and unequivocally bright.
Monthly should not be white
Causes of pink discharge
Menstruation, characterized by pink color, can be caused by a number of completely safe and innocuous causes, which do not require treatment and special treatment to professionals, and can not indicate pathological changes in the body of a woman.
These reasons can be attributed.
In this case, to the mucus, which is usually excreted by the uterus (cervix), blood is added when the fetus is attached directly to the wall of the uterus.
Such bleeding (it is not menstrual) can be modest and does not differ in duration - so do not be intimidated.
If the pregnancy is confirmed, and the pink discharge has not stopped, then here you should start to get nervous, because this is a signal of nothing more than the threat of miscarriage.
Acceptance of hormonal drugs or the installation of intrauterine contraceptive - helix
Both of these points can change the hormonal background of the body, and this will cause a change in the color of secretions.
If there are no other symptoms, then you should not worry.
But if the monthly pink color (like water), in common with pain, the stomach located below, directly speak of the need to change the preferred method of protection.
The intrauterine device can change the color of the monthly
Such diseases are also able to provoke abnormal fluctuations in the hormonal background, which at any moment is ready to cause a change in the color of the secretions. But do not forget to be examined, which would unequivocally confirm this reason.
However, everything is not so simple - and pink discharge (like water) instead of high-grade menstruation often cause serious problems.
However, things may not be so simple - and pink discharge (like water) instead of full menstruation may cause more serious problems.
The reason for such discharge, in addition to the above, may be more serious moments.
- Infectious diseases of the body - its urogenital sphere. Such discharge is accompanied by pain, burning sensation or itching in the genital tract, unusual odors and weakness of the body (common) - you will not confuse them with anything.
- Inflammation of the reproductive system (these include endometriosis).
- Neoplasms appearing on the female organs (ovary and uterus). Such problems include fibroids, fibroids and other erosion, as well as cysts and other diseases.
A woman is a unique creation - and about any violations in women's health you will be prompted by the presence of monthly menstruation. Be careful, watch out for your health, that would be in time to be able to ask for help.
And remember - any doubts, deviations or questions should end with a professional visit. Health is not joking!
The menstrual cycle in a woman’s body is regulated by hormones - estrogen and gestagens. Its successive phases are aimed at preparing for pregnancy and childbearing. The phase change mechanism is as follows:
- If fertilization of the egg does not occur, then the genitals get rid of functional changes - at the end of the cycle, menstruation occurs. For a healthy girl, this process is completely painless and has no consequences.
- This mechanism is repeated every month, since on average the cycle takes about 28 days.
- Functionally, menstruation is a bleeding that is provoked by brain hormones, rejecting part of the inner layer of the uterus (endometrium). This bleeding takes from 3 to 7 days - deviations are symptoms of the disease.
Therefore, sexual health consists of two components - the normal cycle and the characteristics of menstrual blood.
Changes in the uterus during menstruation
The beginning of the period of discharge is provoked by the brain - under its influence a large amount of hormones are secreted into the blood. They cause the onset of bleeding, as they lead to the rejection of the functional layer of the endometrium:
- The first target are the spiral arteries of the inner lining - a partial destruction of their wall occurs. The blood released from them is still scarlet in color, as it is saturated with oxygen.
- Further, hormones cause an increase in the separation of mucus from the glands of the endometrium - it mixes with the red blood, contributing to its darkening.
- Thanks to the mucous secretion, menstruation becomes less liquid, but it stands out better and does not fold. This prevents the penetration of infection into the uterus.
- The remaining cells of the epithelium of the inner layer begin to die and flake off. Tissue particles give the secretions a greater viscosity and make them dark scarlet or cherry.
- Menstruation is accompanied by small rhythmic contractions of the uterus - this allows you to quickly remove discharge from the cavity. It also stops bleeding - the spiral arteries contract and shorten under the action of the muscles.
From the activity of hormones depends on the duration of menstruation and their nature. The scarlet color of the blood does not always indicate a disease, since the discharge consists of several components.
From the point of view of physiology, it is no longer blood, but a different biological fluid. During vascular damage, mucus from the glands of the uterus and vagina, as well as tissue particles, enter it. Therefore, menstruation is not red, like arterial blood, but much darker. Also, the highlights have the following characteristics:
- The volume of discharge may be different, but must be in the range of 10 to 70 milliliters. If there are too few of them, then they become smearing instead of liquid. Abundant, after a while, lead to the development of anemia - a decrease in the number of red blood cells and hemoglobin due to bleeding.
- Menstruation should have a dark red or brown color - by mixing blood with mucus and endometrial fragments. Scarlet color indicates a violation of the process to stop bleeding.
- Menstruation should not be too liquid (like water), and also not have clots. Due to the impurity of mucus scarlet arterial blood does not clot, as platelets and fibrin filaments are blocked. Therefore, the formation of a blood clot does not occur so that blood does not accumulate in the uterus.
- Выделения должны быть однородными, так как чередование цветов (алого и тёмного) и вкрапления ткани указывают на воспалительный процесс. Он приводит к разной по времени отслойке внутреннего слоя, что замедляет восстановление.
And, most importantly, menstruation is normally painless, and does not violate the usual way of life. If at this time there is a sharp deterioration and unpleasant symptoms, then this is a sign of gynecological disease.
Change in the nature of menstruation in diseases
The first symptoms are usually mild, and only manifest as a worsening of the general condition. Menstruation begins to be accompanied by abdominal pain, weakness, dizziness, nausea. Then there are changes in the nature of the month - usually the color and texture. Women notice them on hygiene products - pads or tampons.
Therefore, you should not immediately throw them away, but instead look at your selection once. In inflammatory or malignant processes in the uterus, the menstrual flow immediately changes its properties. The combination of symptoms of malaise and scarlet color of blood requires an immediate appeal to the gynecologist.
Change the color of menstruation
Mixing scarlet arterial blood with mucus, as well as the destruction of red blood cells gives the discharge a reddish-brown color. Light menstruation occurs when there is a violation of the processes of blood stopping, when blood clots are poorly formed on the spiral arteries. The main causes of scarlet color of menstrual blood may be diseases of the circulatory system or local processes in the uterus:
- Inflammation causes thinning of the inner lining of the uterus, which leads to vascular damage. Thrombi are poorly fixed on such arteries, which leads to periodic outflow of blood from their lumen.
- Malignant tumors can grow into the wall of the uterus, causing destruction of the arteries. Scarlet blood released from the vagina is often the first symptom of cervical cancer. The neoplasm of large size, which is located inside the cavity, is also manifested by bleeding. It is caused by the immaturity of the vessels that feed the tumor - they are easily damaged by mechanical pressure.
- Blood disorders lead to a decrease in coagulation factors and platelets. Therefore, on the spiral arteries does not form a clot covering their lumen.
Change in consistency of menstruation
Normally, the discharge has a uniform character, resembling venous blood in appearance. Menstruation should not be liquid, like water - this indicates a large amount of mucus and plasma in their composition:
- With violations of the menstrual cycle, accompanied by a decrease in discharge, menstruation become smearing. They become like water - light and almost transparent.
- For inflammation is characterized by scarlet color of discharge and the presence of clots in their composition. Microbes not only violate the processes of coagulation, but also cause the response of the immune system. You may experience common symptoms - fever, fever, abdominal pain.
Violation of the normal consistency leads to difficulty in the outflow of blood from the uterus - clots irritate the walls, causing painful sensations.
Why during the month goes clear liquid
Every girl knows the properties and schedule of their menstrual cycle. In the presence of watery menses, different from the usual discharge, you should immediately determine the cause of their appearance. Usually, if the liquid watery discharge is not too abundant, does not have an obvious unpleasant smell, precedes the beginning of the menstrual cycle or appears at its end, then they are a natural process of the woman’s body. Instead of menstruation, water can leave the vagina for reasons of physiological nature and developing pathology.
Menstruation is provided by the nature of the female body for the removal of mature unfertilized egg together with the endometrial (mucous) tissue of the uterus once a month. Together with the mucous membrane, blood is released, which is located in the thin blood vessels supplying endometrium with nutrients.
The color of blood depends on the level of hemoglobin in its composition, which is a carrier of oxygen molecules in all tissues of the body. There are certain standards for the color of discharge during the menstrual cycle, which lasts from 3 to 7 days:
- the first couple of days (individually, depending on the length of the cycle) periods can be liquid and scarlet,
- for 2-3 days the discharge thickens, can take a burgundy or brownish hue (blood oxidation occurs) with a specific smell,
- in the following days, blood clots may appear (blood clotting increases) and mucus rejecting the endometrium. And at the end of the menstruation can repeat the consistency inherent in the first days.
Liquid discharge before menstruation
Watery discharge before menstruation without odor, most often, are the result of increasing the size of the uterus, improving its blood supply, enhanced production of female sex hormones before menstruation. Liquid secretion, appearing after a night's sleep, should not disturb a woman.
Pregnancy of the girl can be one more reason of watery discharge before menstruation, serving as a sign of its occurrence. Other discharge, differing in smell and texture, should be alerted. They are an indicator of a number of diseases that will be discussed below.
Liquid blood during menstruation
In some cases, liquid periods, coming out of the genitals like water, can have natural causes:
- an increased blood flow before the menstrual cycle in the pelvic region can, at the initial stage, provoke the release of very liquid menses,
- with sexual arousal, this type of watery discharge appears briefly,
- cell renewal of the uterine epithelium,
- water entering the vagina while swimming.
Watery discharge after menstruation
The normal function of the female genital organs after menstruation is a small, odorless liquid discharge that does not cause irritation. Their appearance and texture largely depend on the phase of the menstrual cycle. Due to the constant cleaning of the genitals in a secretory way, the ingress of pathogenic microflora is prevented.
If abundant watery secretions occur several days after menstruation or critical days last more than a week, the girl should be checked for an ectopic pregnancy by contacting a gynecologist.
Watery mid-cycle discharge
In the middle of the menstrual cycle (approximately 2 weeks after menstruation), an ovulation occurs in the uterus or a ripe egg leaves the fallopian tube. Hormones such as estrogen and progesterone affect the uterus, adjusting the thickness of the endometrium, respectively, before and after ovulation. These processes are accompanied by transparent secretions in the middle of the cycle, sometimes abundant.
Considered natural selection before and after the release of a ripe egg cell. The consistency of a little bulky, mucous, homogeneous or with small patches. During ovulation, the pH of the secretion varies from acidic to alkaline, for better penetration of spermatozoa with possible fertilization of the egg.
Brown liquid, instead of monthly
The appearance of brown liquid watery discharge is a sign of certain changes in the woman's body. This violation can provoke many factors depending on the criteria:
- woman's age
- regularity of sex life
- the presence of infections and other diseases of the sexual sphere,
- the presence of frequent stressful situations
- unhealthy conditions of professional activity,
- lifestyle and nutrition (especially diets),
- excessive physical exertion
- hormonal and contraceptive drugs.
If a woman was not protected during sexual intercourse, then brown liquid discharge instead of menstruation, may indicate pregnancy, as well as a lack of hormones: human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) and somatomammotropin. With ectopic pregnancy, such watery discharge also appears.
Acceptance of hormonal drugs can help to reduce ovarian function, and the rare sex life can cause some diseases in the genital area. Inflammatory processes and hormonal failure can also be responsible for the lack of full menstruation.
For any liquid secretions, the woman must pay attention to their smell, color, viscosity and other signs. Liquid brown discharge in the middle of the cycle may be a sign:
- Infectious diseases (there is an unpleasant smell).
- Aborted pregnancy.
- The presence of uterus pathology.
- Ectopic pregnancy.
Yellow, cheesy, brownish with an unpleasant odor discharge, are also signaling the presence of the disease.
Among the possible infections, in the presence of liquid watery or cheesy discharge, it can be noted fungal diseases (thrush or candidiasis), bacterial (trichomoniasis, gonorrhea, chlamydia, bacterial vaginosis). Pathologies include vulvitis, myoma (benign growth), endometriosis, erosion, dysplasia and cervical cancer, condylomas, polyps and other ailments.
When liquid discharge is the norm?
Watery menstruation, not having a sharp, offensive odor in some cases is considered the norm. A woman should be aware of this in order to distinguish the body's normal reaction from the beginning pathological process.
- The cause of light discharge is the renewal of the inner epithelial uterine layer.
- The presence of a clear liquid is characteristic during sexual arousal.
- The reason for the abundance of secretions of this type is the process of preparing the body for ovulation.
- Enhanced blood flow before menstruation provokes fluid discharge.
- The clear liquid may be water that has entered the vagina while bathing.
In the case of prolonged discharge of watery consistency, it is necessary to consult a doctor immediately. If the situation is observed longer than 5 days, it is already impossible to talk about the normal functioning of the body. We can talk about pathology.
Causes of watery menses
If a woman has a liquid discharge instead of menstruation and there is no reason to consider such a condition as the norm, one should seek qualified medical assistance. Changes in the consistency of menstruation, the appearance of an unpleasant odor may be associated with the development of a number of diseases. In this case, can be diagnosed:
- Bacterial vaginosis.
Some women may have a discharge of watery nature with a sour smell. In this case, symptoms indicating the development of any disease are not observed, there is no sensation of itching in the vagina. This condition is associated with the peculiarity of the vaginal environment of the woman, it does not require treatment.
During menstruation and after
Watery discharge during menstruation is not the norm. This is a signal of problems in the reproductive system. They may be allowed after the completion of menstruation. Gynecologists have identified the causes of liquid blood during menstruation:
- When the menstrual flow like water with blood, gynecologists talk about failures in the work of the whole organism, a violation of metabolic processes is possible. Bleeding cannot be ruled out. In this case, the gasket fills in less than an hour. A woman should visit a gynecologist, be examined.
- A woman who has noticed a flowing, clear liquid, must do an ultrasensitive pregnancy test. This will confirm or disprove the possibility of conception. If the reason for the appearance of these secretions is not in the onset of pregnancy, we can talk about hormonal failure. The reason for this may be taking hormonal contraceptives.
Liquid discharge after menstruation may not be alarming if they are observed for no longer than 2 days. Gynecologists call them postmenstrual. A visit to the gynecologist should not be postponed when the discharge resembles water, literally flow, lasting longer than two days.
During menstruation, bleeding with a small amount of mucus and clots is considered normal. They should not have a sharp, unpleasant smell and viscous substance.
Liquid watery discharge before menstruation occurs in many women, in some they are abundant, causing permanent discomfort. If fertilization has not occurred, and the luteal phase of the cycle has arrived, the watery secret is characteristic of it. The most abundant discharge after waking up in the morning. During the day, they may be in a minimum amount, completely absent.
Before menstruation, the color of the secret changes. You can see the bloody streaks. Liquid secretion, having a color of brown, brown color indicates pathological processes in the body. A woman needs a gynecologist consultation. It is necessary to pass tests, to undergo the necessary examinations.
For the ovulatory phase of the menstrual cycle, sticky, liquid, watery vaginal discharge is considered the norm for many women. They may contain a small admixture of blood, the color changes to pink. This secret occurs before ovulation in a few hours. This can be confirmed by measuring the basal temperature. Monthly liquid in the middle of the cycle are observed on average 2 days. During this period, there may be pain in the ovaries. Watery discharge in the middle of the cycle with a sharp, unpleasant smell indicate the development of the pathological process. In this case, consult a doctor.
What needs to be done
If the color of menstruation has changed, you should contact your gynecologist. After the examination, the collection of anamnesis, he prescribes the necessary examination. The reason may be hiding in a hormonal failure, disruption of metabolic processes. Mandatory appointment of a cardiologist consultation.
The set of results of analyzes, diagnostic measures allows the gynecologist to determine the root cause of the situation. The doctor will say that menstruation has become liquid due to the development of the disease in the body or it is an individual feature of the female body that does not cause concern. Long-term ignoring the problem may aggravate the situation. A visit to the doctor will clarify the picture, help preserve reproductive health, avoid consequences.
Causes of watery, fluid menses can be hidden in serious diseases or features of the female body. To maintain health, you need to monitor your cycle, know the nature, duration, profusion and color of secretions. Self-control will allow you to avoid possible problems, and visits to the gynecologist will be preventive in nature.
And a little about the secrets.
Have you ever suffered from problems with Menstrual cycle? Judging by the fact that you are reading this article - the victory was not on your side. And of course you do not know firsthand what it is:
- heavy or scanty clots
- chest and lower back pain
- pain while having sex
- unpleasant smell
- urination discomfort
And now answer the question: does it suit you? Is it possible to endure problems? And how much money have you already “leaked” to ineffective treatment? That's right - it's time to stop with this! Do you agree? That is why we decided to publish an interview with the chief gynecologist of Russia Leyla Adamova, in which she revealed the simple secret of normalizing the menstrual cycle. Read the article ...