Often in women, menstrual blood flow exceeds normal levels. Dioecious nettle reduces fluid loss, normalizes the level of hemoglobin in the blood.
Means weaken dysmenorrhea, promote faster healing of the uterus mucous membrane. But usually this condition does not require medication.
The duration and profusion of bleeding depends on the characteristics of the body and the health of the woman.
Products made on the basis of medicinal herbs have a highly effective effect. In the leaves of the plant is iron and vitamin C. There is a sufficient amount of vitamin K, indispensable for the formation of platelets, which can stop bleeding. Chlorophyll plants have a beneficial effect on tissue regeneration processes.
The composition of the plant includes important for the woman's body:
- silicon, sulfur, potassium, magnesium,
- B vitamins,
- vitamin E,
- tannic, resinous, protein compounds,
- formic acid.
Infusions, decoctions of nettle, extract of juice constrict blood vessels, tone up the smooth muscles of the uterus. It is necessary to collect herbs during flowering and only in dry weather. Nettle helps with menstruation:
- increase metabolism
- increase blood clotting
- reduce the abundance of secretions
- increase the volume of red blood cells
- increase mucosal epithelialization.
Green, fun, burning! Who among us in childhood did not get acquainted with nettles close enough? Who himself got into the thickets, and who on the fifth point received nettle for deeds!
But with all its aggressiveness, nettle is a storehouse of vitamins, nutrients. This plant is used in cooking, in cosmetology, and in gynecology.
Nettle for menstruation is the best known application of stinging grass.
What to cook from green burning leaves - decoction or infusion? You decide. The method of preparation does not affect the hemostatic properties of nettle.
- Nettle decoction. All herbal teas are made in the same way - 1 cup of dry or fresh raw materials will require 1 cup of boiling water. The grass is poured boiling water, wrapped and infused until completely cooled. Broth drink 1 teaspoon 3 times a day. Any decoction has one small drawback - the service life is no more than 1 day. The next day will have to prepare a new medical composition.
- Nettle juice with menstruation. Everything is much more complicated. First, you need a sufficiently large amount of green mass. Secondly, to get the juice, you need extras - a juicer. Squeeze 1 teaspoon nettle juice. Dilute in 3 tablespoons of water. Take 3 times a day before meals.
- Infusion of nettle with menstruation. Any tincture made with ethyl alcohol or vodka. Plus, such processing is that you can cook immediately in a large volume. Convenience and long shelf life of the drug. 0.5 g of alcohol or vodka will be required for 200 g of fresh green mass. Chop the grass, pour prepared alcohol, close and leave in a dark place for 10 days. Strain and use for menstruation. It is recommended to drink 1 teaspoon of tincture, after diluting it in a glass of water.
Burning grass collected in clear sunny weather during flowering. But you can make your life easier and buy ready-made infusion at the pharmacy. It costs a penny, and acts no worse than a home.
Many women faced the problem of the onset of critical days, accompanied by significant blood loss, malaise and weakness. There are several ways to alleviate your condition during this period, among them stand alone folk remedies with a mild action, useful for healing the body.
For a long time, traditional healers used nettle-based products to reduce bleeding, disinfect wounds and further heal them. This plant for many centuries is deservedly popular with women, as it can positively influence the female body.
With painful and heavy menstruation, you can use proven popular recipes for making teas, infusions and decoctions of nettle. They will have an antispasmodic, anti-inflammatory, normalizing blood loss and analgesic effect.
Nettle leaves are easy to get at the pharmacy, and you can also prepare yourself.
Recipes using nettle with monthly:
- The juice from nettle is diluted with water and taken before meals (zamutu before meals). To reduce blood loss and overall improvement of well-being during menstruation, take 1 tsp. juice of nettle leaves and dissolve in 4 tsp. water, take twice a day, morning and evening. To stop bleeding during menstruation, you must take three times a day and 1 tbsp. l nettle juice, diluted in 4 tsp. water (it is recommended to prepare fresh juice each time). This method is quite effective - you can expect results within 5-8 hours after the initial use of nettle-based products.
- Liquid nettle extract (sold in a pharmacy) to take 30 minutes before a meal - pokapel, dissolved in a quarter cup of warm boiled water.
- A decoction of nettle can be prepared as follows - pour 200 ml of hot boiled water over a tablespoon of crushed nettle leaves and cook on low heat for 10 minutes, wait for it to cool and strain. The resulting decoction should be taken in the period of heavy periods to reduce blood loss 4-5 times a day for cup, regardless of the meal. If you want to get rid of the feeling of heaviness in the lower abdomen and pain, it will be enough to take 1 tbsp. l This broth 3 times a day before meals.
- Sometimes drugs containing nettle do not have a significant effect on blood loss during menstruation - this may indicate an individual's weak sensitivity of the organism to the active active components of this remedy. In any case, nettle can significantly reduce discomfort during critical days and improve overall well-being.
- In addition to the hemostatic effect, funds based on nettle increase the hemoglobin and red blood cells in the blood, and also contribute to the normalization of hormonal levels. It should be borne in mind that these drugs significantly increase blood coagulation, therefore, for people with increased blood clotting, their use is recommended for no more than three days, moreover, only after prior consultation with a doctor.
To strengthen the general condition of the body, including during menstruation, as well as for effective purification of the blood and blood vessels, you can use the following infusion of nettle:
- Add 100 g of sliced nettle leaves to half a bottle of vodka, leave for 24 hours at room temperature, then place in a dark place for a week. After the specified time, strain the liquid. The resulting infusion must be placed in a container of dark glass. Take 0.5 teaspoon twice a day - in the morning and in the evening before meals.
Most girls are concerned not only with painful manifestations during menstruation, but also with excessively abundant discharge, giving a lot of discomfort and limiting daily life. Nettle for menstruation will help get rid of these problems and will greatly facilitate this time period for the girl.
Plants in dry or fresh form are mixed in equal quantities (plants are taken in small volumes) and placed in a small metal container, then poured with one glass of water. The resulting mixture is cooked over low heat and brought to a boil. After the mixture boils, cover it with a lid and leave on low heat for no more than 10 minutes.
Ready decoction is recommended to insist for 3-4 hours, after which it should be consumed 3 times a day. Already in the coming days after the start of taking the decoction, you can call monthly.
The healing properties of nettle in gynecology
Nettle has long been considered a female plant, however, unlike traditional medicine, its use in gynecology is more effective because it is based on a comparison of the properties of the biologically active components of a plant with a diagnosis. This takes into account the dosage, contraindications, the duration of the course of administration, and the dosage form, while the popular recipes used by the principle of “finger to the sky” for self-treatment can cause irreparable harm to the body.
Nettle owes its healing properties to its unique composition, which includes vitamins A, K, B, C, minerals, 9 out of 10 essential amino acids, phytoestrogens, chlorophyll, lignin and phytoncides. In the complex, these substances actively influence all biological processes in the body, have a tonic and antioxidant effect, normalize the work of all organs and systems. There are many uses of nettle in medicine, but it is in the treatment of gynecological diseases that this plant is most in demand.
Let us consider in more detail the pharmacological properties of nettle in the treatment of female diseases:
- Preparations of nettle juice have a hemostatic effect for uterine bleeding and heavy menstruation. The pronounced hemostatic property is achieved due to the high content of vitamin K in fresh leaves of the plant, which is involved in the synthesis of prothrombin, a complex protein that provides blood clotting.
- Broths from dry raw materials, in contrast, have a dilutive effect on blood, stimulate erythropoiesis and are used for stagnation, inflammation and to restore the normal number of red blood cells after large blood loss.
- For benign tumors in the endometrium of the uterus, a decoction of the roots and seeds of nettle is used. Such an agent has a constricting effect on the vessels, due to which the blood flow to the tumor slows down, and with it its growth stops.
- In addition, decoctions and tinctures from the seeds of this plant contribute to the expansion of the fallopian tubes, which increases the chance of a favorable conception and eliminates the possibility of ectopic pregnancy.
- Due to the content in the nettle chlorophyll, decoctions and tinctures from this plant contribute to the reduction of blood vessels and tone the uterus. Such properties of the plant are used to restore the contractile activity of the uterus and reduce bleeding in the postpartum period.
- In addition, chlorophyll contributes to the regeneration of the mucous tissue and reduce the manifestations of the inflammatory reaction. Tampons with fresh juice are prescribed as an adjuvant therapy in the treatment of cervical erosion, vulvitis and vulvovaginitis.
- The composition of nettle includes phytoncides - plant biologically active substances similar to the action of antiseptics. They inhibit the growth and development of bacterial and fungal infections, as well as chlamydia. Broths from nettle leaves are used for douching during the treatment of thrush, the elimination of white plaque in the vagina, the rapid recovery of the mucous after ruptures obtained during childbirth.
- Phytoestrogens present in nettles do not have a hormonal effect, however, with regular use, these substances are able to regulate the menstrual cycle in women, reduce the manifestations of menopause.
- Nettle-based herbal teas are used to increase lactation, in addition, a high content of trace elements and vitamins prevents the development of anemia and strengthens the immunity of the nursing mother.
- Nettle is the leader in magnesium content, which has a positive effect on women's health, increases libido, relieves pain during menstruation, and normalizes the monthly cycle.
- The use of nettle reduces the production of the enzyme 5-alpha reductase in the body, which promotes the formation of the active form of testosterone - dihydrotestosterone.
Depending on the problem or disease, the gynecologist may recommend, as an adjuvant or supportive therapy, the use of nettle in dosage forms. To improve the composition of the blood and normalize the monthly cycle, different parts of nettle are used in a dry form, and if necessary, to stop the bleeding or delay the monthly use of plant juice.
Useful properties of nettle
Nettle has a healing effect on the entire body due to its chemical composition. It is famous for such useful properties:
- strengthens the immune system
- has a diuretic effect
- normalizes fat metabolism,
- stops bleeding,
- has a choleretic effect,
- accelerates tissue healing,
- tones up vessels, uterus and intestines,
- relieves inflammation
- improves heart and respiratory activity.
This medicinal herb is a source of vitamins, minerals and trace elements. It reduces blood glucose levels, contributing to the production of insulin. Part of the iron compensates for the loss during menstruation. In addition, having antibacterial properties, the plant is able to prevent inflammation of the genital organs.
Regular intake of therapeutic extract normalizes hormones and restores the menstrual cycle. Nettle is used to prevent hypovitaminosis. Suitable for stopping bleeding, increasing vascular tone and healing wounds. Treatment with nettles in medicine has been used since ancient times, and its use is determined by its composition.
The chemical composition of nettle
Due to the richest chemical composition, nettle has a tonic effect on the body. It is used in the form of decoctions, infusions and fees. The plant contains protein and mucous compounds, tannins, resins, acids, vitamins, minerals, and iron.
Vitamin K. Essential for protein synthesis. It accelerates the absorption of calcium, increases the strength of the vascular walls, provides blood clotting, heals wounds, and participates in stopping bleeding.
In nettle vitamin C more than in lemon. It strengthens blood vessels, increases the resistance of capillaries, promotes the absorption of iron and dilutes the blood.
Vitamin E is also found in the nettle. It has a protective effect, improves nutrition and healing of tissues, protects against the damaging effects of the environment.
Calcium has a anti-edematous and anti-allergic effect, reduces vascular permeability, increases muscle contractility and promotes the formation of a dense thrombus.
The iron contained in the plant replaces the natural loss of this trace element during menstruation, increases the level of hemoglobin.
Chlorophyll, which nettle is rich in, fills the blood with oxygen, and also accelerates metabolic processes, participates in wound healing and blood clot formation, in addition, it improves uterine tone.
Natural nettle proteins are found in enzymes. They accelerate metabolic processes in the body. All of these chemical compounds listed above help to stop bleeding during menstruation.
It is better to collect nettles from May to July, when she is still young. Reception of a medical grass at monthly depends on a way of preparation of a plant. From it prepare juice, decoctions, tinctures, tinctures.
Juice is able to constrict blood vessels, tone up the muscles of the uterus, activate metabolic processes in the body. As a result, the work of organs and systems is stimulated.
Harvest the grass by drying in the open air. Dry plant stored in bags or paper bags.
Fresh juice is prepared from leaves and young shoots in May-June, when flowering occurs. To do this, the plant is washed under running water, cleaned, crushed, and juice is squeezed through gauze fabric. For long-term storage, 1 liter of juice is diluted with a liter of water, pasteurized and rolled into jars. Juice is stored in a cool place. It should be taken during the period of menstruation 20 drops before meals up to 5 times a day.
Fresh nettle juice with milk is also useful. You need to take 400 ml of drinking water, 400 ml of cow's milk, 200 ml of fresh nettle juice, 100 grams of honey. Boil the milk and cool and mix all the ingredients. Drink four times a day. It is not recommended to drink it longer than three days.
To prepare the broth dried shoots of nettle should be chopped. The resulting raw materials take 5 table. spoons, pour two cups of boiling water. Keep on a light fire until boiling, stir. Decoction is infused for 30 minutes, after which it should be filtered through a cloth. Drink half a glass 4 times a day.
A decoction of nettle leaves is prepared from 100 grams of dry leaves. They are filled with 1 liter of water. The mixture should be boiled for 10 minutes on low heat, leave to stand and then strain. Drink decoction a glass three times a day.
In addition, it is useful to prepare an infusion of dry leaves and stems. We'll have to dry and chop the nettle, take 3-6 tablespoons of raw materials and a liter of boiling water. Combine, stir, insist 30 minutes in a warm place and take 1 glass 3 times a day one hour before meals.
Tincture of fresh nettle is prepared on the basis of medical alcohol. Its advantage is that this tool is stored for a long time. To do this, 300 grams of crushed plants are added to 300 ml of alcohol and infused in the dark for 9 days. Every day you need to stir the contents, then strain. When drinking 25 drops of tincture mixed with half a glass of water. Drink 30 minutes before meals. Курс лечения составляет 3 месяца.
It is important to use a healing herb competently, taking into account individual tolerance and associated diseases.
Infusions and decoctions made from nettle have their own contraindications. They are prohibited in case of increased blood clotting, hypertension, the threat of heart attack, varicose veins, pregnancy. With these pathologies, the body's ability to increase blood clots is marked. Eating a plant can lead to a terrible complication - pulmonary thromboembolism and cardiac arrest.
You should be alert when taking people with kidney disease. Calcium, which is part of nettle, provokes the formation of stones.
In addition, it is not recommended to use for bleeding caused by polyps, cysts and tumors. Traditional medicine only alleviates the symptoms without eliminating the disease itself. Before starting a homeopathic treatment, it is necessary to consult a doctor.