During menopause, the female body is undergoing tremendous hormonal changes. They can affect not in the best way both on the general state of health of the woman, and on separate bodies and systems. Vaginal dryness with menopause is a very common occurrence among women 45-50 years old. In order not to experience unpleasant symptoms, you need to know about the causes of dryness, methods of prevention and control.
The main causes of the problem
When dry in intimate areas, natural lubrication ceases to occur. The vagina loses its smoothness and elasticity. This is due to a gradual decrease in the functionality of the ovaries. They stop producing the hormone estrogen, and it is he who is responsible for many aspects of women's health.
When the estrogen in the body is all right, the state of the mucous membrane of the intimate area does not cause concern. If the hormone volumes decrease, thinning and vaginal drainage occur. Causes of mucosal disorders:
- Violation of the blood flow in the internal genital organs. For this reason, the walls of the vagina do not receive sufficient nutrition, become thin and dry.
- Stress and nervous disorders. In addition to the detrimental effect on the entire body as a whole, they also provoke dryness in the intimate zone during menopause.
- Smoking. The use of tobacco products depletes the blood with oxygen and it does not flow to the reproductive system in the right amount.
- Medicines. Women in the age group of menopause often take various medications. Their side effects may be the loss of moisture of the mucous membranes, including the vagina.
- Wrong selection of hygiene products. Synthetic linen, dyes and fragrances in hygiene products exacerbate the problem of dryness.
- Intimate life. Often, postmenopausal women lack emotions during intimacy. The lack of sensuality makes sex mechanical and reduces the production of lubricant.
Symptoms of dry intimate membranes
You can feel the changes in the state of the internal genital organs on the following grounds:
- Burning and itching in the vagina. At the same time, there is no associated discharge.
- Difficulty urinating. Going to the toilet "for small" are accompanied by painful sensations in the urethra.
- Discomfort during sex. Lubrication during menopause is less common, which can lead to microtraumas of the vagina and unpleasant sensations during sexual intercourse.
Changes in the state of the vagina in postmenopausal disease do not occur immediately, but gradually. The changed hormonal background affects not only the urogenital system, but also the other organs of the body. Insomnia, sweating, dizziness, excessive fatigue during menopause are an addition to the unpleasant symptoms in the vaginal area.
Methods for diagnosing the state of the vaginal mucosa
Often a woman does not suspect what is associated with increased dryness of the genitals. In order to prevent a global deterioration, you need to be extremely careful about your health. Not a single alarming symptom should be missed, and at the first signs of anxiety it is necessary to see a doctor.
For accurate diagnosis, the gynecologist collects a history of finding out when the symptoms appeared and what caused them. Determine the relationship of vaginal dryness and menopausal status is often obtained already at the stage of interviewing the patient.
The next stage of diagnosis is instrumental inspection, namely:
- Inspection on the mirrors. Allows you to detect the presence of dryness, secretions, microcracks. You can also detect inflammatory processes and related diseases. The vagina with menopause is particularly susceptible to pathogens.
- Colposcopy. The procedure is carried out with the help of a special device - a colposcope. It enlarges the image of the vaginal membrane several times. This inspection allows you to identify nuances that are not visible during a routine inspection.
For more information you need to pass the tests. They can be both general and special.
Where does dry mucous membrane come from?
Menopause occurs as a result of the extinction of ovarian function, that is, the reduction and cessation of estrogen production. These hormones are important in maintaining many aspects of wellbeing.
With a sufficient number of them, women do not notice how the mucous membrane functions, because they do not feel discomfort. Vaginal dryness with menopause is primarily due to a decrease in the amount of estrogen. This causes the remaining causes of changes in the shell of the organ:
Decreased blood flow to this area of the body. The vagina, like other genitals, is reduced in size, shortened. As a result, its tissues no longer receive enough nutrition, which reduces the secretory function of the mucous membrane. She herself is made thinner and weaker,
- Stress. This is another hormone-dependent symptom of menopause, affecting the work of many body systems. It also prevents the development of mucus by the walls of the vagina,
- Medication. By the years 45-55, few people remain completely healthy, most are forced to constantly take medicine. Some of them (antidepressants, diuretics, antihistamines) become a factor affecting secretion,
- Smoking. This is an additional cause of impaired blood supply to the intimate area, contributing to the drying of the mucous membrane,
- Improperly chosen hygiene products. Vaginal problem becomes more pronounced due to chemical components. Especially provocative in this respect are dyes, flavors and synthetic underwear,
- Sex. The menopause period also has an emotional expression, when a woman is apathetic, her sexual desire is too low or absent. Sexual contact, she is serving, as a service, vaginal lubrication is not released, which leads not only to dryness, but also pain, damage to the mucous membrane.
Someone vaginal discomfort takes place with the start of taking estrogen-containing drugs designed to relieve the complex manifestations of menopause. But some other signs are not very disturbed, therefore, hormone replacement therapy is not necessary.
Treatment of vaginal problems with menopause will be local, consisting of the use of external means containing estrogen, moisturizing and softening components.
Candles with dry menopause begin to act quickly, but the effect of use lasts a long time. Since they are inserted into the vagina, dissolving in contact with the cervix, some fear their effects on the endometrium. After all, estrogen in the composition contributes to its growth.
But in this case, the concerns are unfounded. None of the used means of this type affects the uterine mucosa.
The list of hormonal vaginal agents is as follows:
- Estrokad. Suppositories are based on estriol, which helps restore the thickness of the mucous membrane and enhance its secretory capacity,
- Ovipol Clio. The active substance is the same estriol. Together with auxiliary components, it relieves itching and burning, moisturizes, stimulates the production of natural mucus,
- Ovestin. Estriol and its other components normalize not only hormonal balance, but also microflora. Ovestin maintains the acidity of the vagina, preventing pathogenic bacteria from multiplying,
- Ortho-ginest. With the help of estriol, the agent stimulates secretion not only by the walls of the vagina, but also by the cervix. Moisturizing during menopause with its use restores the bacterial composition of the mucous membrane,
- Estriol It removes dryness, burning and itching by stimulating the production of natural mucus by the walls of the vagina.
The first month after the appointment of one of the drugs by a doctor, a candle is inserted into the vagina once every 24 hours. Then vaginal reception is carried out once a week as 1 suppository.
With the ban on treatment with hormone-containing candles to restore comfort in the intimate zone, you can use:
They are composed of medicinal herbs, softening the mucous membrane, as well as restoring its hyaluronic acid.
The dry menopause gel is primarily intended for application to the surface of the vulva. But also in the internal genital tract moisturizer of this type can be placed using an applicator.
Among the hormonal drugs spread, due to its effectiveness:
- Dermertil. Estriol, which is the main ingredient, tones the mucous membrane and muscles, stimulates the surface moisture, removes discomfort,
- Divigel. It was also created on the basis of estriol, which allows using it to restore the mucous membrane, to moisten it,
- Climara. It helps to improve the blood supply to the tissues in the uterus and vagina, due to which the secretory function of the mucous membrane is enhanced,
- Ovestin. Estriol, lactic acid and chlorhexidine in its composition give a complex effect on the weakened mucosa. The shell is disinfected, regenerated, discomfort, itching and burning disappear.
Use gels to relieve discomfort daily before bedtime, placing them in the vagina. After a month of this use, the dosage is reduced by injecting the drug 1-2 times a week.
Therefore, immediately before the act is to use gels Montavit and Ginokomfort. They are useful to those who can not use estrogen-containing local means. These compounds moisturize and disinfect the mucous membrane.
Traditional medicine against vaginal dryness
Problems with the mucous during menopause folk remedies are also able to reduce, and in some cases, get rid of them completely. With the permission of the doctor, they can be used in addition to the basic therapy. Baths, douching, drinking decoctions will give noticeable momentary relief and contribute to the healing of injuries.
- 60 g of nettle, 30 g of calendula, 20 g of oregano, 50 g of chamomile and veronica drug pour 0.5 liters of boiling water and boil for 5 minutes. After cooling, filter and drink infusion for 10-12 days on 100 ml,
- 50 g of the uterine uterus and motherboard are boiled for 5 minutes in 400 ml of water. Drink three times a day before meals for 14 days,
- Calendula decoction of 30 g of raw material per 200 ml of water will help as a compound for douching. To relieve a symptom, it’s enough 5 times a week,
- 60 g of motherwort is placed in 500 ml of boiling water and kept on the stove for 3 minutes. After half an hour of infusion, the decoction is added to the sit-down bath. If you do it once a week, itching and dryness will go away,
- An oil swab with vitamin E. Tocopherol has an effect on local estrogen receptors, so a sterile swab moistened with its solution moisturizes the mucosa well. Enough to be in the vagina for 5 minutes.
We recommend reading the article on the need for taking vitamins during menopause. You will learn about their effects on the body during menopause, important trace elements and recommended vitamin complexes for women.
Lifestyle, which will reduce atrophic changes of the mucous
Dryness of the vagina during menopause, women often provoke themselves wrong way of nutrition, living conditions in general. Help slow the degenerative changes of the mucous, causing burning, itching can be, if
Drink 2 liters of water per day. This method of detoxification of the body will facilitate the effects on the mucous membrane and contribute to its moisture,
- There are healthy fats. It is important to correctly understand the preferences of the diet, it is not about sausage and fat, but nuts, marine fish containing polyunsaturated acids,
- Refuse or at least reduce the amount of spicy, salty food, alcohol and coffee. These are products that irritate the mucous,
- Do not wear heavy synthetic underwear. Even if it did not previously cause aversion, in menopause it is a provoking factor for a burning sensation in the perineum,
- To choose for hygienic procedures means without dyes, not possessing a strong odor.
Such an annoying manifestation, like dryness in the intimate zone, with menopause, involves treatment rather long. More precisely, modern local funds give quick effect, but do not be fooled by them. Therapy must be carried out to the end, and it must be prescribed by a doctor.
Dryness in the intimate area with menopause: causes, treatment
If the vaginal glands produce an insufficient amount of secretion, then the woman feels an unpleasant dryness in the intimate area. This not only causes problems during sexual intercourse (it is painful for a woman to have sex, it is necessary to use lubricants), but also interferes with everyday life. Since itching and burning in the vagina due to dryness of the vulva, it is almost impossible to carry out daily activities and live a full life. Moreover, the dryness of the vagina immediately leads to the emergence of various kinds of inflammatory and infectious processes of the genital organs. Because normally, in a healthy woman, vaginal lubricant protects the genitals from the penetration of pathogens into them. In the absence of such a natural lubricant, the vagina, uterus, ovaries are not protected from infections.
Memo to a woman during menopause! Gynecologists strongly recommend not tolerating a feeling of dryness and burning in the vagina, but seek medical attention. Do not hesitate to speak on such delicate topics, because this symptom is one of the many signs of menopause in the vast majority of women.
Causes of menopause
The period of menopause begins in women aged 45 to 55 years and can last from 10 to 15 years. This is an irreversible process; in no way can it be avoided. During this time, the female body undergoes many changes, in particular:
- Hormonal background is violated (the hormone progesterone and estrogen are no longer produced),
- Reproductive function is no longer implemented
- Ovarian function is impaired (due to hormonal deficiency),
- Menstruation disappears,
- Sexual desire decreases, libido decreases,
- The skin on the face becomes wrinkled,
- Neurological symptoms appear (the woman becomes nervous, irritable, sometimes even aggressive, she is worried about the feeling of fear)
- Tides are disturbed (a sharp increase in body temperature to 38 degrees, after which chills ensue),
- Increased perspiration,
- General deterioration of well-being,
- Reducing the protective functions of the body (a woman in the period of menopause is sick more often than it did before this period).
Causes of vaginal dryness
The vagina becomes dry due to the fact that during menopause in a woman the female hormones stop producing at the required level. In addition, by the age of 50, the vagina changes its anatomical shape, it becomes several times smaller. As a result, the blood flow to this area decreases, the mucous membrane tissues do not receive the necessary nutrition and cease to produce mucus.
Searing, itching, burning of the vagina begins in a woman under the influence of severe stress, as well as on the background of taking supporting medications that are prescribed to women during menopause. In addition, if a woman does not comply with hygiene, wears synthetic underwear and uses regular soap that drains skin instead of gel or cream for intimate hygiene, then vaginal dryness is an inevitable phenomenon. In addition, on the release of lubrication of the vulva, plays the role of active sex life. Accordingly, the less it is, the less grease will be allocated. Remember that the period of menopause is not a reason to refuse intimate intimacy.
Dryness of the intimate area is manifested by such symptoms as:
- Unpleasant itching of the vulva,
- Itching inside the vagina,
- Itching of the labia,
- Painful intercourse due to lack of lubrication in the vagina,
- In the absence of timely therapy - the formation of wounds, cracks in the mucous membrane of the vagina,
- Inflammation, infection of wounds in the vagina due to increased dryness and lack of protective lubricant,
- The development of vulvovaginal atrophy,
- There are small wounds on the surface of the vagina, which bleed and suckling stands out from them - an unpleasant and painful phenomenon.
As a rule, a woman during menopause refuses intimacy not only because of a decrease in sexual desire, but also because it hurts (lack of lubricant leads to painful coition, it is necessary to use special lubricants).
Treatment of vaginal dryness should take place in combination - the use of hormone therapy, hygiene, the transition to lubricants and lubricants during sex, the use of homeopathic medicines, folk remedies.
During menopause, it is recommended to use for normalization of hormonal background and replenishing the deficiency of the hormone estrogen,:
- Vaginal rings - they secrete a dose of the hormone estrogen and normalize well-being, as well as eliminate the unpleasant symptom in the form of vaginal dryness,
- Use of vaginal gel dermestril, climar,
- Introduction to the vagina of vaginal tablets or suppositories: Ovipol, Klimaxan, Estrokad, Ovipol Clio, Orto-Ginest, Estriol.
В их основе натуральные лекарственные растения, содержащие фитоэстрогены в виде боровой матки, шалфея, душицы, хмеля, красной щетки. Такими препаратами являются: Климадинон, Цикатридин, Циклодинон.
In the diet can include foods that contain phytoestrogens: soybeans, legumes, broccoli.
When vaginal dryness, it is recommended to apply decoctions and herbal extracts:
- Collection of nettle, oregano, calendula, chamomile, mullein (each component should be taken in 2 tablespoons) and pour 500 ml of boiled water, simmer for 40 minutes, cool, strain and take 50 ml 3 times a day after food intake.
- Grass boron uterus - 2 tbsp. It is poured with 1 liter of boiling water and taken as a herbal tea during the day.
- Medicinal baths with motherwort tincture: make a decoction - 3 tbsp. dry grass, take 2 liters of water and insist 2 hours. After pouring broth into a hot bath and take it for 15 minutes. The same baths can be made with celandine.
- Compliance with the drinking regime - you must avoid dehydration in the body, you need to drink 2-3 liters of water a day.
Vaginal dryness is a phenomenon that can be prevented or cured at an early stage. It is enough to consult a gynecologist in time, start using hormonal preparations, or start treatment of vaginal itching and dryness with folk remedies. You should not avoid a full-fledged sex life because of this problem, you can use special lubricants and lubricant gels.
Menopause vaginal dryness do
Without exception, women in their lives are faced with such a problem as vaginal dryness. This factor causes a lot of inconvenience and problems, such as pain during intimate life, the accession of a secondary infection. However, this phenomenon can and should be successfully fought, it is easy enough to eliminate.
Causes of vaginal dryness
Consider the reasons for which there is dryness in the vagina, which can occur for completely different reasons and at any age.
The most common cause. this is the beginning of menopause. which begins usually at the age of forty a woman. Usually begins hormonal, active restructuring of the body, it causes a decrease in the production of such a hormone as estrogen. Estrogen promotes the development of mucus in the vagina, is responsible for the blood supply and the creation of acidity in the vagina, which contribute to the development of normal vaginal microflora.
The second reason. these are allergic reactions to hygiene products, as well as perfumes and lotions.
Third. a common cause and cause of dryness is the use of certain medications necessary for the treatment of other diseases, drugs. These drugs include cardiovascular, atropine, diuretic and stimulant drugs. Oral contraceptives can cause vaginal dryness, usually containing progesterone. Such unhealthy habits like smoking and alcohol also contribute to this unpleasant phenomenon. The hormone production decreases, the normal functioning of the internal organs is disturbed.
Traditional treatment of vaginal dryness
Treatment of malignant tumors entails the use of chemotherapy, which also affects the work of some organs, including the genitals. Also causes of dryness can be depression, nervous breakdowns, the end of menstruation, the postpartum period, frequent and irregular douching of the genitals. Douching very often violates the vaginal microflora, especially with the use of antibacterial agents. Very often, vaginal dryness is accompanied by unpleasant sensations, such as itching and burning. Even a slight decrease in lactobacilli can lead to nonspecific colpitis.
During intercourse, dryness can cause injury to the vaginal tissues, causing pain, which can lead to loss of sexual desire. There may be inflammation of the urinary organs. This is caused by a thinning of the urethral tissue, and a woman may experience itchy and painful symptoms in the urethra. For the treatment of this unpleasant disease, special gels are used, which are able to remove itching and burning quickly and reliably. They have a mild anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial effect. Gels are used just before sexual intercourse, after the use of antibiotics and antifungal drugs. When menopause is treated with the use of vaginal hormone therapy. Special creams, suspensions are inserted into the vagina, an estrogenic ring is established.
If dryness in the vagina occurs, it is necessary to consume a sufficient amount of water, carefully monitor the composition of hygiene products of the sexual sphere.
Treatment of folk remedies
Vaginal dryness is a common problem in women during and after menopause, but vaginal lubrication deficiency can occur at any age. Vaginal dryness is a specific sign of vaginal atrophy (atrophic vaginitis) - thinning and inflammation of the vaginal walls due to a reduction in estrogen production.
Normally, the vaginal walls are covered with a thin layer of mucous membrane, the cells of which produce mucus, during sexual arousal more blood flows to the organs of the pelvis, the mucous membrane of the vagina produces more lubricant. Hormonal changes associated with the menstrual cycle, aging, menopause, childbirth and breastfeeding can affect the amount and consistency of this moisture.
Causes that may cause a lack of lubrication:
- Changes in hormone production One of the most common causes of vaginal dryness is a decrease in estrogen levels during menopause, perimenopause, after childbirth, or during breastfeeding. Cancer treatment - Chemotherapy and pelvic irradiation can also lead to low estrogen and a decrease in vaginal lubrication.
- Allergy medications containing antihistamines, asthma drugs can also lead to a decrease in the secretion of vaginal mucus.
- Lack of passion In some cases it can be caused by low libido or sexual problems with a partner - premature ejaculation.
- Psychological and emotional factors. such as stress and anxiety can also reduce sexual desires and be accompanied by a lack of secretion of vaginal lubrication.
What to do with dry vagina?
- Drink at least 8 cups of water a day.
- To avoid soaps and detergents that can irritate mucous membranes, choose mild, non-chemical personal care products.
- A balanced diet for fats and carbohydrates contributes to the sufficient synthesis of estrogen and prevents dryness of the vagina.
- Multivitamins and mineral supplements can overcome vaginal dryness and infertility.
1. Herbal medicine
More than 100 herbs containing the hormone estrogen are known, the most popular of them are:
Borovaya uterus, hops, sage, sweet clover, clover, licorice, oregano, linden flowers (photo). And they are all on sale in pharmacies.
The principle of preparation of drugs from herbs is the same. Here I will give how to prepare the tincture and decoction of boron uterus.
Borovoy uterus with vaginal dryness
- 40% alcohol or vodka (0.5 l),
- dry chopped grass boron uterus (5 tablespoons),
- 0.5 l glass jar with lid.
Piping raw uterus raw material in a jar, pour alcohol or vodka, close the lid, put in a dark place for 3-4 weeks. Strain. Tincture is ready.
Take half a teaspoon of tincture diluted in a quarter cup of water, drink in small sips 20-30 minutes before meals 2 - 3 times a day.
Broth uterine uterus
- 1 tablespoon of powdered powdered raw materials
- a glass of boiling water
- 0.5 l glass jar,
- saucepan with water.
Pour a tablespoon of raw material in the uterus of the uterus into a jar, pour a glass of hot water into a pot with hot water, turn on slow fire for 5-7 minutes. Remove the jar with broth boron uterus, insist about 2 hours and strain.
Take a decoction of 1 tablespoon for half an hour before meals. Course - 3 weeks of admission, 1 week break during menstruation. The effect of the uterus of the uterus appears slowly but effectively
3. Strictly maintain the hygiene of the genitals.
- Rinse with water after stool and urination. The flow of water - from the vagina to the anus! Remember, to maintain women's health, you need to wash and wipe the groin area from front to back.
- Dry well intimate areas with a soft towel or paper towels after bathing. Remember, the vagina and the vulva is a very sensitive and moist area. This condition is very favorable for the growth of the fungus.
- Change panties at least 2 times a day!
- During menstruation, change the gasket several times a day, especially if PF-menstrual blood is abundant. During menstruation, microbes colonize the reproductive tract and can cause its disease if hygiene is not followed.
What to do with dry vagina
Dry vagina - one of the main causes of pain during intercourse. Symptom is extremely unpleasant. There is nothing terrible about this, there is no need to consult a doctor in most cases. After all, you can fix the situation yourself. Find out what causes vaginal dryness (perhaps they can be eliminated?), And what means of this help?
There are only two main reasons - either the blame for the infection or hormones. During pregnancy, after giving birth, while the woman is breastfeeding, during menopause and artificial menopause, the concentration of female hormones drops. And as a result of this dryness in the vagina appears, what to do in such a situation?
The easiest way is to use special moisturizing gels - lubricants. They are produced by the same firms as condoms. For example, lubricants from the company Contex are sold everywhere. If you are concerned about the vaginal dryness during sex, they can help. However, we should not forget that such lubricants, especially those containing dyes and flavors, can cause allergic reactions, and not only in women. Therefore, if vaginal dryness after childbirth or, especially, during pregnancy, when the body is especially susceptible to allergens, can be used only by means approved by doctors. These include, for example, "Montavit", "Ginokomfort". By the way, you can buy not only a lubricant for a comfortable sex life, but also a means for intimate hygiene, which is used instead of soap, which will also moisturize the mucous membranes.
Vaginal dryness with menopause is a more complicated problem. Here a strong sexual arousal will not help. Yes, and lubricants - not always the way out. The fact is that women in menopause are experiencing a huge hormonal deficiency. In many cases, it is possible to treat vaginal dryness. For this, hormone replacement therapy is used. Please note that it is not allowed to everyone, a lot of contraindications and side effects. Here, without medical advice is not enough.
If there is no desire or ability to take hormone pills, doctors will suggest another way to treat vaginal dryness - it is possible to use a special cream containing estrogen (female hormone). It is not a lubricant, but a drug that treats atrophic vaginitis. In Russian pharmacies, you can purchase the following topical preparations for this purpose: Ovestin, Elvagin, Estrokad.
If the culprit discomfort - an infectious pathogen, then from the dryness of the vagina will only help drug treatment, the elimination of the microbe. Often such an infection is "thrush" - vaginal candidiasis. And its immediate causative agent is the fungus of the genus Candida. Symptoms are dryness and itching in the vagina, copious cheesy discharge. This pathology is treated with special antifungal drugs in the form of tablets or vaginal suppositories. But even with timely and adequate treatment, dryness and burning in the vagina disappear only after 1-2 months, when the vaginal microflora is restored.
Thousands of women experience similar “intimate inconveniences,” but they are not the norm. You need to look for the cause of this feature specifically in your own and try to do it yourself, and even better - with the help of a gynecologist, to eliminate it.
Sources: http://medic.ymka.ru/suhost-vo-vlagalishhe-prichiny-i-lechenie.php, http://biohimik.net/infektsii-vlagalishcha-kak-predupredit/sukhost-vlagalishcha-prichiny-lechenie, http://www.missfit.ru/woman/sukhost-vlagalishcha/
No comments yet!
Causes and effects of vaginal dryness with menopause
The cause of vaginal dryness during menopause is a change in hormonal levels, usually occurring in the body of a woman aged 45-50 years. An age-related decline in the functional activity of the ovaries leads to a decrease and a gradual cessation of the synthesis of female sex hormones — estrogen and progesterone — the well-being of the female body largely depends on the number and ratio of these hormones. The lack of estrogen causes thinning of the mucous membrane of the vagina, reduces the density and elasticity of the tissues of the genital tract. Also, estrogen deficiency reduces the intensity of the formation of vaginal secretions, which leads to the appearance of dryness and discomfort, especially pronounced during sexual intercourse. Age-related changes in the vaginal mucosa in combination with changes in the acidity of the vaginal environment (also associated with menopause) increase the risk of tissue trauma and the development of inflammatory processes (vaginitis) in the menopausal period of a woman’s life.
Prevention and treatment of vaginal dryness with menopause
A good helper in the fight against dry vagina with menopause is diet therapy. Women with this problem should reduce their consumption of spicy, pickled, salted, canned foods, spices, as well as alcohol and food containing easily digestible sugars. In addition to the standard enrichment of the diet with vitamins and minerals (fruits, vegetables, berries, juices, cereals), you need to attract the products containing phytoestrogens - substances that are similar in their action to female sex hormones. These products include legumes (beans, soybeans, lentils), rice, some fruits (apples, pomegranates), vegetables (carrots, cabbage), berries (red grapes, cherries, dates), greens (parsley), nuts and sunflower seeds, and also vegetable (for example, olive) oils. Additionally, attention should be paid to the adequacy of fatty foods consumption (fats are the basis of estrogens), but not dangerous from the point of view of the heart and vessels of saturated and trans fats, but healthy fats found in marine fish, seeds, nuts and vegetable oils. And the last dietary requirement is an adequate drinking regimen. Women in menopause (in the absence of contraindications) need to drink at least 2 liters of water per day.
The second necessary measure in the treatment and prevention of vaginal dryness is to observe the rules of intimate hygiene, which include:
- daily reception of a hygienic shower with washing away without the use of irritating hygienic means (the best of all is without using soap at all),
- in the presence of vaginal discharge - the use of sanitary pads, rather than tampons,
- the use of non-flavored white toilet paper,
- regular change of underwear and wearing of clothes made from natural fabrics (for example, cotton),
- the use of the simplest detergents for washing underwear (without color and fragrances) without using additional laundry detergents (rinses, conditioners, etc.)
Another way to maintain normal moisture and density of the tissues of the vagina, as well as to prevent a decrease in the lumen of the body, is regular sex. Naturally, lovemaking is permissible only when they bring pleasure and do not cause pain or pronounced discomfort. To eliminate discomfort and pain during sexual intercourse with vaginal dryness, it is recommended to use specially designed lubricants - lubricants or moisturizers. It is necessary to pay attention to the composition of the lubricant - the less additives are in it (dyes, aromatic substances), the lower the risk of causing an allergic reaction and further damage to the vaginal mucosa.
If the above remedies to combat vaginal dryness during menopause have proved to be ineffective, you should consult a doctor who will prescribe the necessary medication in this case. The most logical method of treating vaginal dryness with menopause is the use of hormone replacement therapy (HRT). HRT preparations restore hormones, eliminating the main cause of vaginal dryness, and return the vaginal mucosa to the state that preceded the onset of menopause. As a replacement therapy can be prescribed drugs for oral administration (tablets) or for topical use (ointments, creams, suppositories).
With a negative attitude of the patient to hormone replacement therapy or the presence of contraindications to the prescription of hormonal drugs, herbal remedies and homeopathic remedies help to increase the stability of the vaginal mucosa to age-related changes in the hormonal level and reduce the severity of dryness and discomfort.
Natural treatment of vaginal dryness with menopause: the drug Klimadinon
One of the natural medicines that are effective in combating manifestations of menopause, including vaginal dryness, is the German drug Klimadinon. Экстракт корневища цимицифуги - действующая основа препарата, связывается с эстрогеновыми рецепторами и оказывает значимый эстрогеноподобный эффект.In addition, tsimitsifuga, through the impact on the hypothalamus and pituitary gland, reduces the production of luteinizing hormone. In combination, these effects provide a therapeutic effect in women with various climacteric disorders. In addition to influencing the dryness of the vagina, taking Klimadinona eliminates psycho-emotional and vegetative-vascular problems inherent in climax, including hot flashes, sweating, irritability and sleep disorders. Klimadinon is available in the form of drops and tablets, which allows each woman to choose the most appropriate form of the drug. Klimadinon take 1 tablet or 30 drops 2 times a day, the duration of treatment is 3-6 months. Despite the low risk of side effects, the feasibility of using Klimadinona to treat vaginal dryness and other climacteric disorders should be discussed with your doctor.
Dyucha rechovina is an extract of the rootyna of the cymoticine-viviaия estrogen-specific effect with the use of swelling with estrogenic receptors. In addition, you can understand the appearance of a lonely hormone with your anterior hipofizu, just as you can, connected with estrogen-sensitive clitoris and spallomaculoes, and I have to do it, I’ll be sitting at a position, and I have only one item, I haven, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I haven, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, amn’ Source: КLІMADINON®, інструкція, zasosuuvannya to drug KLІMADINON® Tablets, vkritі obolonkyu, № 60 Read more
Tsimitsifuga is a perennial high (up to 2 meters) herbaceous plant with pinnate, elongated, large-toothed leaves. It has small flowers in racemes. Read more
I was worried about heartburn, did gastroscopy fibrogastroscopy, put on superficial gastritis. How should be treated?
Unpredictable fluctuations in hormone levels plus increasing stress, changes in body shape, reduced sexuality and fertility, and aging in general — any of these factors can lead to mood swings, deep emotional experiences, or, in more severe cases, depression. Read more
Symptoms of vaginal dryness with menopause
Symptoms of vaginal dryness adversely affect self-esteem, sexual relationships and life in general. Women who experience atrophic vaginitis may experience a wide range of sensations. Among the most frequent of these are the following:
- itching in the vagina,
- slight bleeding during sex
- pain during sexual intercourse (dyspareunia),
- general discomfort
- burning sensation in the vagina,
- frequent urination,
- wearing discomfort when wearing pants
- pressure in the vagina.
These symptoms are fairly common, but certain factors, such as stress, can aggravate or worsen vaginal dryness during menopause.
Physiological causes of vaginal dryness
As menopause approaches, female ovaries begin to produce less estrogen, preparing the body for the cessation of menstrual cycles and the end of the reproductive period of life. The drop in estrogen levels is the main cause of vaginal dryness, which usually begins to alarm women in the forties or fifties.
Low levels of estrogen often cause thinning of the tissues of the external genital organs and vagina. They become not just thinner, but also drier and less elastic. Such a change in tissue in medicine is called atrophy.
At this time, vaginal secretion also deteriorates and leads to the release of smaller amounts of natural lubricant. In addition, a decrease in estrogen level changes the pH level in the vagina, making the acidic environment of the organ more alkaline. This fact causes irritation and increases the risk of developing infections.
In addition to hormonal causes, the following physiological, environmental and emotional factors can cause vaginal dryness during menopause:
- autoimmune disorders (eg, Sjogren syndrome),
- infections (bacterial, viral or sexually transmitted),
- certain pharmacological products (for example, antihistamines, cold medicines, antidepressants),
- cancer drugs
- smoking and alcohol
- allergic reactions to chemicals in soaps and detergents.
Emotional causes of vaginal dryness
Stress is a serious factor that can cause or aggravate vaginal dryness. Other emotional disorders, such as anxiety or depression, can lead to a lack of arousal during sex or vaginal dryness. Unresolved life tasks sometimes also reduce natural vaginal lubrication during sexual activity, leading to a drop in libido and problems with arousal.
Treatment of vaginal dryness with menopause
Partner support in sexual issues can ease stress
Fortunately, for women in menopause, vaginal dryness is not a permanent condition. In addition, to combat this unpleasant symptom, there are several effective natural remedies along with proven options for medical treatment. Doctors advise starting with less invasive methods and continue with more radical, if the signs of dryness do not disappear or worsen.
As a first therapeutic step, a change in life habits should be considered - adjusting the diet and regularly performing various exercises. Stress suppressive techniques, such as meditation or yoga, will help a woman to relax, if the vaginal dryness is caused by emotional problems. Communication with your partner is an equally important step.
The fight against physiological symptoms can begin by taking light pharmacological products, such as vitamin E supplements, vaginal moisturizers or water-soluble lubricants. These tools can improve comfort during sexual intercourse.
A diet rich in soy and flax seed can ensure vaginal health and prevent dryness due to phytoestrogens.
However, since the main cause of vaginal dryness in menopause is a natural decrease in estrogen levels, the most logical method of increasing vaginal lubrication should be aimed at reducing hormonal imbalance. Natural supplements can be an easy, safe and effective treatment option.
In more serious and acute cases, you should consult a doctor and get advice from him. Pharmacological products may show the most effective result, but they are associated with possible side effects.
Treatment with vaginal estrogen is a proven method of getting rid of dryness, which can be a good alternative to hormone replacement therapy because it has a lower risk of side effects due to the minimal ingress of drugs into the bloodstream. In any case, consultation with a physician is necessary in connection with potential complications.
Epidemiology problems of dryness in the vagina is such that more than 65% of women at least once in their lives faced with this pathology, but only 10% - applied for treatment. More than 80% of cases among women of climacteric age are difficult to correct, whereas in women of reproductive age 95% of cases are a transient condition. This must be considered not only for diagnostic purposes, but also for the purpose of predicting the results of treatment.
Given these reasons for the development of this pathology, it is necessary to identify the main risk factors:
- frequent vaginitis, colpitis or chronic adnexitis in history is a springboard for other etiological factors,
- irrational and misuse of antibiotics,
- pathological course of pregnancy
- surgery on the uterus,
- menopausal women.
These risk factors must be considered not only to identify patients patients, but primarily with the aim of primary prevention of vaginal dryness, especially in women of reproductive age.
Symptoms of vaginal dryness
The first signs of vaginal dryness can be acute. There may be signs of burning in the vagina or itching, which are not accompanied by any discharge. Often, patients complain of urination disturbance in the form of a sensation of itching and burning in the urethra, which is associated with irritation of the thin mucous membrane. It causes discomfort that makes you go to the doctor. But the first symptoms may not have any manifestations, which is dangerous in terms of the development of other complications.
Dryness in the vagina with menopause has its own characteristics, since it occurs gradually. This is due to the fact that trophic changes do not occur immediately and the symptoms are not so pronounced. Since a sharp hormonal decline disrupts the functioning of many endocrine glands and affects the metabolism, symptoms can be observed from all sensitive organs and systems. A special feature is that a woman is worried about insomnia, fatigue, emotional lability, sensation of hot face, dizziness, and these complaints have a priority place, compared to complaints of vaginal dryness. Often these symptoms are combined with dryness around the vagina, since the trophicity of all surrounding tissues is disturbed.
In women of reproductive age, symptoms can occur during intercourse. Vaginal dryness during sex and after sex is a frequent complaint due to the fact that the mucous membrane of the vagina secretes less secretion and becomes thinner, which contributes to microtraumatization and the emergence of pain and burning during intercourse. Such trauma can be accompanied by more serious changes and develop dryness and redness of the vagina or an unpleasant smell. Then we are talking about possible infection with pathological flora, which requires more serious measures. Often this is accompanied by secretions.
Dryness in the vagina before menstruation or after menstruation indicates only hormone difference and does not require special intervention, if it does not cause any other manifestations.
Dry mouth and vagina, combined with minor genital itching in older women with overweight, may be one of the first manifestations of diabetes, which should also be considered in such cases.
If nausea, chest pain and dryness in the vagina, then this may be the first signs of pregnancy, since there is a redistribution of hormones between the mother's body and the body of the unborn child. Therefore, with this combination of symptoms, this option should not be excluded.
Vaginal dryness during pregnancy is also a frequent pathology, which requires a solution to prevent trauma to the birth canal. Often this is due to hormonal disturbances, so you need to take this into account.
The consequences and complications of dryness in the vagina - is, first of all, the development of trauma and infectious processes. In this case, colpitis or vaginitis may develop again. Also a complication can be ascending urinary tract infections - cystitis, urethritis, pyelonephritis. Pain and violation of sexual intercourse is also a serious consequence of this problem.
Considering the possible symptoms and complications, it is better to consult with a doctor in case of any such signs to determine the need for treatment.
Diagnosis of vaginal dryness
Often, women do not know what to associate with their condition and the problem of vaginal dryness is detected only when it already brings significant problems. Therefore, it is necessary to be attentive to this issue and not to exclude any symptoms, taking into account necessarily possible etiological factors. Therefore, for proper diagnosis you need to carefully collect anamnesis. It is important to find out when such symptoms first appeared and whether it is not related to surgical interventions or the use of drugs. It is necessary to find out what the nature of the symptoms is now, how the symptoms have changed depending on the situation, as well as to detail the patient's complaints. Sometimes already at the stage of the survey, you can make a preliminary diagnosis and determine the tactics of treatment.
Further, an important diagnostic point is the examination of women in the mirrors. , which allows to identify violations in the form of dryness of the mucous membrane of the vagina, abnormal discharge, which can confirm the diagnosis. The presence of dryness, cracks or microtraumas can be seen with the naked eye, which will make it possible to judge the extent of changes and the presence of other inflammatory diseases, which often happens against the background of vaginal dryness and a decrease in its protective function. It is also important for the purpose of differential diagnosis.
The tests that are needed to clarify the diagnosis are general clinical and special. General - this is a blood test, a biochemical blood test with lipid profile and kidney function indicators, urinalysis. With regard to special tests, it is mandatory microbiological smear from the posterior vaginal fornix. This smear makes it possible to determine the possible causative agent of the inflammatory process, which may be due to the dryness of the vagina, and the degree of purity of the vagina. This is important for the differential diagnosis of various disorders. Also, be sure to conduct a cytological smear from the cervical canal. It eliminates the metaplastic processes that are often a complication of vaginal dryness. Thus, analyzes help to conduct more serious research and exclude other pathologies.
Instrumental diagnostics is necessary for a more accurate study of the problem, especially in the case of the development of this pathology in women of reproductive age with a recurrent course of the disease. For this, colposcopy is used. This is a research method which consists in using a special device - a colposcope. This allows you to see the mucous membrane of the vagina in the increase of several dozen times. In this case, it is possible to visualize those changes that are not visible during a routine inspection. The advantage of this method is also the possibility of parallel biopsy. It can be done with special tongs that are at the end of the colposcope. Mucous material is sent for histological examination to determine the extent of changes and exclude malignant transformation.
Differential diagnosis of vaginal dryness should be carried out taking into account the main symptom and in order to exclude organic pathology, especially if it is a young woman whom it brings many problems, including problems with the conception of a child. Often the main symptom is unpleasant sensations in the form of burning and itching, then it is necessary to differentiate it from thrush, which is accompanied by the same subjective sensations and often happens in young women. But the main diagnostic difference of thrush is the discharge, which has a white color, a cheesy character, an unpleasant smell, which can be immediately determined during the examination. Such secretions can be very abundant or, on the contrary, scarce. With vaginal dryness, there should be no discharge, if it is only this pathology.
Also, vaginal dryness with menopause needs to be differentiated with erosion. Erosion is a defect of the mucous membrane, which, during colposcopy, has a characteristic appearance and is easily distinguished from simple microtrauma during dryness of the vagina. Erosion in girls under 25 can be physiological, so it is necessary to distinguish between these concepts, so as not to harm unnecessary therapeutic measures. It is also important to carry out differential diagnostics with vulvar kraurosis. This is a pathology characterized by the presence of dysplastic processes in cells with a tendency to atypical growth, and often this is a consequence of the late treatment of vaginal dryness in menopausal women. Therefore, it is important to conduct a histological examination of the smear for accurate differential diagnosis of these two processes.
Proper diagnosis and adequate differential diagnosis allows you to identify any violations in time to relieve symptoms and improve the quality of life of the patient.
Treatment of vaginal dryness
Treatment of vaginal dryness should be comprehensive and should have an etiological focus. It is important to first eliminate the cause, and only then use the funds for treatment. There are drug and non-drug therapies. Drug treatment is aimed at eliminating the complaints and symptoms of the patient using local symptomatic treatment. Non-drug treatment is aimed at correcting hormonal imbalances on the one hand and on the preventive effect on the other. It is very important to regulate lifestyle and nutrition, which directly affects our health. First of all, at the time of treatment and until the symptoms disappear, sexual activity should be abandoned, as this increases trauma and reduces the barrier function. You must use local remedies to correct the condition.
- Ovestin - это гормональное средство, действующим веществом которого является эстриол из группы гестагенов короткого, что позволяет применять его в качестве патогенетического средства. Estriol restores the normal function of endothelial cells and relieves the common symptoms of the disease by stimulating the proliferative activity of the cells. It is recommended to use this drug only against the background of the study of the hormonal background of the patient. The method of use of the drug - in tablets at the same time of day, preferably before meals. The dosage of the drug - one tablet per day for the entire time without interruption. Possible fluid retention and headaches, so the drug is not recommended for concomitant hypertension. Jaundice and uterine bleeding may also occur, which requires dose adjustment. Contraindications for taking the drug are pathology of the blood coagulation system, pathology of the coronary vessels and veins, diabetes, a history of cerebral hemorrhage or ischemic stroke. Precautionary measures - in the case of the use of antibiotics, the effectiveness of the agent decreases, therefore, it is necessary to dose the drugs correctly and take into account their interaction.
- Angelique - This is a hormonal agent, which contains in its composition estradiol and can be used to treat dryness in the vagina in women during menopause. The mechanism of action also lies in the pathogenetic features of the action of estrogen on cells. The drug acts in this case on the hormonal imbalance and due to this, the dryness of the vagina during menopause is less pronounced. The drug has a beneficial effect due to its local action on the endometrium and glands, by enhancing secretion, which helps to normalize not only the dryness of the skin of the vagina, but also renews the environment for the further normal functioning of lactic acid bacteria. Thanks to this effect, vaginal mucus secretion is restored. Dosage of the drug - one vaginal tablet once a day. Precautionary measures - in the presence of stones in the kidneys or gallbladder, the drug should be used with caution. Side effects can be in the form of allergic reactions, as well as the initial engorgement of the mammary glands, discharge from the uterus in small quantities. It is also possible the action on the central nervous system with the development of headaches, increased depression.
Lubricants for vaginal dryness are used to eliminate unpleasant sensations during sexual intercourse, as well as in complex treatment to more quickly restore the normal state of the vaginal mucosa. To do this, you can use gels, ointments, as well as oils with various vitamins.
- Ginokomfort - It is a gel that consists of many components - chamomile, tea tree oil, mallow, panthenol and lactic acid. Due to this composition, the drug eliminates the symptoms of itching and burning, restores the affected areas of cells, moisturizes and softens the mucosa, preventing its damage. The drug is used in the form of a vaginal gel with an applicator. The dosage of the drug - three milliliters once a day. Method of application - type gel in the applicator, insert it into the vagina and remove the applicator. Side effects can only be in the form of local irritation or redness, since the drug has no systemic effect.
Solcoseryl gel can also be used for treatment as a local remedy, as it has a pronounced regenerating effect on the mucous membranes.
The use of funds to normalize the pH of the vagina is necessary to restore the work of lactic acid bacteria, which contributes to the best effect of other means. Therefore, one of the components of the treatment of dryness in the vagina is the use of probiotic local agents.
- Ecofemin - This tool, which contributes to the normalization of the microflora of the vagina due to the content of specific lactobacilli that have antagonistic properties against pathogenic microorganisms. The main active ingredient of the drug is the lactobacilli of different strains, which normally colonize the vagina and contribute to the normalization of the pH. The dosage of the drug is one vaginal tablet two per day, the course of treatment is six days without interruption. Method of use of the drug - it is necessary to use candles vaginally, but only in the absence of an active inflammatory process. Side effects are possible only in the form of unpleasant sensations of burning or itching in the vagina.
- Calendula Ointment - A tool that is widely used in this pathology because of its natural composition and rich properties. Calendula is a natural source of minerals and many trace elements. Calendula flowers are composed of vitamins of different groups - A, C, D, and various trace elements. This plant contains active substances and polyunsaturated acids - which improves the local metabolic processes in the cell and stimulates the metabolism of the whole organism. Phytoncides are natural antibacterial substances that inhibit the reproduction of most bacteria. Flavonoids have a pronounced antioxidant property, which prevents the development of malignant processes in cells and tissues. Polyunsaturated fatty acids inhibit inflammation in the cell due to the inhibition of characteristic genes and enzyme systems. Due to its wide composition, this plant is widely used in medicine and mainly in gynecology due to its beneficial properties: desensitizing and regenerating properties, bactericidal and fungistatic properties, tonic and local softening properties. Also, the drug has an antispasmodic property that helps reduce local irritation and pain.
The drug is available in pharmacological form of ointment. For treatment, you need to make a gauze swab and moisten it with ointment into the vagina twice a day - in the morning and evening. After the procedure, you need some time to rest, which improves the effectiveness of such local treatment due to increased absorption. The course of treatment should be at least a week, and even ten days is better for a better therapeutic effect. Side effects of the drug may be in the form of hypersensitivity and skin rashes, and local symptoms - itching, irritation, burning. Precautionary measures - with pollinosis, use with caution.
Such local treatment promotes regression of symptoms and normalizes the function of the glands with an improvement in the state of the barrier function of the vagina.
Vitamins and physiotherapy treatment can be used to improve the effect of drugs, the most pronounced regenerating agent has vitamin A and E. Exercise with vaginal dryness can be used with increased attention to the work of the pelvic floor muscles, which improves blood circulation and lymph flow.
Surgical treatment of this pathology is not used.
Folk treatment of vaginal dryness
Folk remedies have a preference because they can be used for a long time without special harm to health, and sometimes they can completely eliminate the symptoms.
- A very good and convenient remedy for local use is washing away with medical solutions. To do this, you can use chamomile and train. Five tablespoons of chamomile herb and two spoons of the sequence is poured with a liter of hot boiled water, and then infused for ten minutes. Warm solution should be washed twice a day.
- To relieve itching and burning, washing with a solution of a boron uterus at night will help. To do this, you first need to take the leaves of the plant, pour boiling hot water over them and insist before the solution is slightly warm. After that, you need to add a few drops of ampulne vitamin A and E and conduct evening hygiene procedures with this solution. The course of treatment for at least five days.
- A good remedy for the treatment of krauroz is the use of sea buckthorn. To do this, take sea buckthorn oil, which can be purchased at a pharmacy in a jar, then make a gauze tampon, put oil on the tampon and insert into the vagina for twenty minutes. Such an agent has excellent moisturizing properties, which will relieve irritation and reduce symptoms.
Herbal therapy can be used as a tea to restore normal function of the mucous layer of the vagina, as well as local remedies.
- For the preparation of a therapeutic solution, a herbal tea decoction is prepared which has a hysterotropic effect. The leaves of yarrow and sage insist in boiled water and boil for another five to ten minutes, after which they drink instead of tea up to four times a day.
- Nettle leaves in the amount of 2 tablespoons brewed in boiled water and infused, then take half a cup 2-3 times a day.
- Plantain has a tropism for vaginal tissue and helps to reduce the severity of itching and dryness by improving blood circulation. Also plantain infusion has a calming effect. To prepare the medicine, you need to take parsley leaves, add alcohol and insist for at least three days. Take this solution should be a teaspoon in the morning and evening.
Homeopathic treatment has its advantages because of the possibility of long-term treatment and a multifaceted effect on the woman's body.
- Sepia - plus - It is a combined homeopathic remedy, in the form of a liquid. Available in the form of drops and the dosage of the drug is eight drops at a time. Method of application - the solution needs to be dripped on 100 milliliters of boiled water and drink half an hour before meals. The course of treatment for at least three months. Precautions - with recent traumatic brain injury and vascular pathology of the brain, use with caution. Side effects are rare, allergic skin reactions are possible.
- Crocus - It is a homeopathic remedy that has the composition of organic products and contributes to the normalization of vaginal secretions and eliminates itching and burning, moisturizing the mucous membranes. The drug is used in the pharmacological form of homeopathic drops and four drops are dosed twice a day, half an hour before meals at the same time. The course of treatment is three months. Side effects not identified. Contraindications to receiving Crocus - is an increased sensitivity to the components of the drug.
Vaginal dryness with menopause is no reason to deprive yourself of joy
April 01, 2013
Menopause affects the work of all systems and organs of the female body, and the most intimate of them is no exception. Vaginal dryness and vaginal atrophy can cause a lot of inconvenience and seriously affect the sex life of women. To meet possible problems fully armed, you need to know what to expect and how to deal with it.
Fluctuations in hormones, and, in particular, estrogen, during menopause, change the work of the whole organism. Under the influence of hormonal fluctuations fall both internal (vagina) and external (vulva) genitals of women. The two major changes occurring in the intimate area during menopause are vulvovaginal atrophy and atrophic vaginitis.
In the run-up to menopause, a decrease in the hormone estrogen causes thinning of the tissues of the vulva and mucous membrane in the vagina. They become drier, less elastic, and as a result develops a problem known as vulvovaginal atrophy. The process of secretion in the vagina slows down, which is expressed by dryness and discomfort during sex. In addition, a decrease in the level of estrogen increases the acidity in the vagina, making the medium the same as before puberty.
Regular sex during menopause preserves the density and moisture of vaginal tissues, as well as prevents changes in the size of the vagina. This is necessary so that sex still brings pleasure and is not associated with uncomfortable or painful sensations.
The suffix -ite usually means inflammation. Inflammation of the vagina in women who do not take hormones during menopause is called atrophic vaginitis. This problem includes symptoms such as vaginal redness and vaginal discharge. The disease is associated with a decrease in the level of the hormone estrogen, and, as a rule, it disappears when using hormone replacement therapy.
What to do?
If you are concerned about the mild itching and discomfort in the vagina, for a start, stop using soap: clean water is all you need for intimate hygiene. Also, use non-flavored white toilet paper, wash your underwear with the most simple and gentle detergent without color and fragrance, and do not use emollients and other additional detergents.
Vaginal dryness associated with menopause often leads to pain during sex and can also cause a decrease in sexual desire and excitability. To solve this problem, there are many local vaginal products, from simple lubricants and moisturizers, available in any pharmacy without a prescription to prescription hormonal drugs.
Lubricants help to effectively deal with pain during intercourse, and greatly facilitate the life of middle-aged women who suffer from dry vagina. Lubricants are the first remedy to try if you have problems. This is especially true for women who, for one reason or another, cannot use hormonal drugs.
Like lubricants, moisturizers for the vagina reduce pain during intercourse with vaginal atrophy. In addition, moisturizers, unlike lubricants, are absorbed into the skin and vaginal mucosa, imitating natural secretion. Also, moisturizers are used regularly, rather than immediately before sex, as lubricants, and their effects are long-lasting (3-4 days). Some moisturizers are provided with a convenient applicator for insertion into the vagina.
If the discomfort and pain persists, or worsens, and lubricants or moisturizers do not help you, consult a doctor.
Proper diet helps to cope with hormonal fluctuations. You should be aware that a diet low in fat and high in carbohydrates deprives your body of the nutrients necessary for the production of sex hormones. Estrogen, which is involved in the secretion of vaginal lubrication, is made from cholesterol, which is often not enough for women who are depriving themselves of any fatty foods. Avoid unhealthy fats (trass fats) by preferring marine fishes, nuts, seeds, and olive oil that are rich in healthy fats.
Drink more fluids! 9 glasses of water a day can surprise you with a pleasant result.
Hormone replacement therapy
Drugs with estrogen improve blood circulation in the genital organs and restore the density and elasticity of the tissues of the vulva and vagina in women during menopause. If lubricants and moisturizers have a symptomatic effect and lead to temporary relief, then hormonal treatment helps to reverse unpleasant changes. In addition, local funds do not always give the desired result. Thus, women suffering from vaginal dryness, experiencing pain during intercourse, as well as complaining of other manifestations of menopause, such as hot flashes, night sweats, changes in mood, insomnia, etc. recommend hormone replacement therapy.
Regardless of what form of hormone therapy prescribed by the doctor, his decision should take into account all possible pros and cons.
Special exercise to relieve menopause symptoms
Anti-aging cream for the face of the French beauty - a recipe of the XVII century
Beauty Secrets: Moisturizing Face Lotion
Beauty Secrets: Eye Mask
How to strengthen the immune system and slow down aging with the help of yoga exercises
Menopause is a special stage in the life of every woman.
Beauty Secrets: Foods that have a rejuvenating effect
Technique Japanese facial self-massage
Self-facial massage with botox injections
A set of exercises for getting rid of the hands of the barmaid
Causes of dry menopause
During menopause, estrogen production begins to stop and gradually stops altogether. Along with this, there are other changes in the woman's body:
When dry, the mucous membranes of the vagina lose their corresponding smoothness and elasticity. She is unable to produce a natural lubricant.
The walls of the body are formed from 3 layers. The upper cover is the mucous membrane. It consists of stratified squamous epithelium, which forms numerous folds. With their help, the size of the vagina is changed.
The glands, located in the walls of the body, secrete clear mucus. It is endowed with a weak aroma and a weakly acid reaction. Thanks to this lubrication, the walls remain healthy and elastic. For this organ peculiar specific microflora.
Здоровую деятельность влагалища обуславливают несколько факторов:
- состояние гормонального фона,
- регулярность половой жизни,
- отсутствие инфекционных заболеваний и воспалительных процессов.
Причиной снижения количества влаги при менопаузе является падение уровня эстрогена. Наступает вагинальная атрофия. The vagina becomes thinner and less elastic.
Back to table of contents
Ways to eliminate vaginal dryness
During menopause, about 30% of the weaker sex suffers from a vaginal moisture deficit. This symptom affects more women after menopause. Lack of moisture can cause discomfort and have a serious impact on sex life.
This phenomenon can cause itching, burning, and lead to painful sensations during intercourse. In the arsenal of modern medicine there are means by which you can alleviate vaginal dryness.
Mild symptoms of dryness can be removed using a lubricant or moisturizing lubricant. In cases of vaginal atrophy, if there is dryness, irritation, discomfort during sexual intercourse and frequent urination occurs, other effective therapies can be used.
The most effective method in the treatment of vaginal dryness is the local use of estrogen (vaginal). With oral administration of drugs with estrogen their concentration in the blood, which goes to the vagina, is minimal. Local use of estrogen (as opposed to ingestion) does not reduce the level of testosterone, which is responsible for normal sexual function.
Back to table of contents
Local vaginal estrogen therapy involves the use of such drugs:
- Creams. Vaginal creams are inserted into the vagina overnight. To do this, use the applicator. Doses are prescribed by the doctor. The cream is usually applied daily for several weeks. Then 2-3 times a week.
- Rings. A soft, flexible vaginal estrogen ring is inserted into the upper part of the vagina. It systematically releases small doses of estrogen. The tool must be replaced at least once in 3 months.
- Pills. To place the funds inside the vagina, you must use a disposable applicator. Tablets are used every day for 14 days. Then move to two times a week.
- Suppositories. Feminella Hyalosoft is an egg-shaped vaginal suppository (ovula). They serve to moisturize the mucous membrane of the vagina. It differs from lubricants in that it is able to restore the secretion and production of vaginal mucus for a long period. The drug removes irritation and favors the renewal of the mucous membrane, reduces signs of vaginal atrophy (itching, burning, tension or discomfort during sexual intercourse).
It contains hyaluronic acid, tea tree oil, vitamin E, thyroid, chamomile and mallow.
Ovuli put one per day for 10 days. There are no contraindications. Of course, if not observed individual intolerance to any component of the drug.
Ovestin - vaginal candles with menopause. They help compensate for the lack of female sex hormones. The main active component of suppositories is the hormone estriol. It selectively affects only the organs of the female genitourinary system (vagina, cervix, urethra and vulva).
Ovestin helps to eliminate urinary incontinence, itching, vaginal dryness. It normalizes organ microflora. The drug has a quick effect. It significantly improves the condition of a woman’s body in the first weeks after it has been used Treatment regimen using candles Ovestin:
- with menopause - 1 candle 0.5 mg daily for 2-3 weeks during the period of intensive treatment,
- as maintenance therapy - 1 suppository 0.5 mg 2 times a week for a longer period.
If, along with the dryness of the vagina, there are other symptoms of menopause, then the doctor may recommend vaginal means with higher doses of estrogen in combination with progestin. Typically, progestin is produced in the form of tablets. Along with them, they release vaginal patches that combine progestin and estrogen.
The results of treatment with the use of the above medications begin to be felt after the first few weeks.
With severe atrophy and to eliminate some of the symptoms, it may take a longer time. If the patient has suffered breast cancer, estrogen therapy is not recommended.