Before the onset of menstruation, almost every woman has a stomach ache. This is normal because premenstrual syndrome is manifested in abdominal pain (including). Within the normal range, if the painful periods are sufficiently tolerant and do not need correction with medication. Normal pain should not pursue a woman throughout her entire menstruation and interfere with the quality of her life.
If a woman or girl has very painful periods, then such a condition may require referral to a specialist and appropriate therapy.
Pain and cramps in menstruation and their causes, symptoms
Why stomach pain during menstruation - there can be many reasons. In addition to pain, a woman learns about the approach of menstruation by a number of signs. Some of them may scare, especially an inexperienced girl. The presence of spasms during menstruation may be accompanied by abdominal distention, which further increases the pain. Hormones raging in the body of the woman in the premenstrual period perform their functions and prepare the uterus to receive the embryo. An enlarged uterus and causes bloating. It is absolutely safe for health.
Severe pain in the abdomen during menstruation can be triggered by fluid retention in the body. In the premenstrual period, a woman’s taste preferences change: she can be pulled for sweet and salty, after which she is very thirsty. Also, excessive consumption of fats and carbohydrates contributes to the increased formation of gases in the intestines. This also causes physical discomfort, since increased flatulence will increase pain during menstruation.
Sometimes it even hurts the stomach before menstruation or there is a digestive upset and diarrhea (diarrhea). Stool disorder can be in the early days of the onset of menstruation: it does not mean that you are sick. Just an excess of hormones leads to increased contraction of the intestinal muscles and causes diarrhea. This condition does not require special treatment, unless diarrhea is accompanied by significant menstrual pain. In this case, it is better to take an antispasmodic or anesthetic. And if diarrhea continues, consult a doctor.
Why can the stomach hurt badly on the first day?
Why is it very painful stomach during menstruation on their first day? Severe menstrual pain is called algomenorrhea. This condition can be primary and secondary.
Primary and secondary algodysmenorrhea is:
- primary - in young women under 30 years. This condition is caused by the characteristics of uterine tissue to shrink. In such women, not only does the stomach hurt badly during menstruation, but there is also nausea, headache, stomach pain during menstruation, or pain in the intestines for a couple of days before the onset of menstruation. This condition can pass with age, and is not accompanied by any pathological currents in the pelvic organs.
- secondary - in women of different ages. In this case, the increased pain is caused by both congenital properties and pathologies of the uterus, and pathological processes that have evolved over time (inflammatory process, the consequences of injury).
Painful menstruation, the causes of which are caused by the characteristics of the body, the use of contraceptives or medications, and not diseases, many women suffer. The factors that can cause abdominal pain, both before menstruation and on their first day or the entire period of menstruation, are:
- hormonal imbalance, adolescence,
- oral contraceptives or intrauterine device,
- Uterus bend,
- recent abortion,
- hereditary factor
- passive lifestyle and low physical activity,
- neurosis and stress,
- vitamin deficiency and trace elements,
- diet and food restrictions, unbalanced diet, the use of harmful food (eg, fast food).
When the causes of menstrual pain are caused by pathology
If you started to suffer from severe pain during menstruation, but before this was not, then the reason may be in the endocrine or gynecological disease. If the stomach hurts during menstruation, then the cause may be:
- hyperthyroidism. This disease is caused by excessive activity of the thyroid gland. Therefore, periods can be both too painful, so long and abundant.
- abnormal development of the uterus. The underdevelopment of this organ is manifested at an early age, therefore, an anomaly can be detected in a teenage girl during a visit to the doctor. In such conditions, the uterus weakly stretches and the blood from it is derived poorly. How to reduce pain during menstruation in this case - the specialist will tell.
- the cause may be in the inflammatory process, which is caused by a number of factors. This may be hypothermia, infection with poor personal hygiene, bacterial or viral infection, which the woman contracted during unprotected sex. With inflammation in the uterus, appendages and vagina, pain during menstruation increases many times over. Also, the woman is worried about itching and discharge with an unpleasant smell.
- the presence in the uterine cavity formations: cysts, fibroids, polyps or cancerous tumors. The use of pills for menstrual pain in such cases only temporarily helps relieve pain, but does not solve the main problem. Severe pain can also be accompanied by thick discharge during menstruation, darker, brown or black. As well as increased pain when urinating and emptying the bowels.
- penetration of uterine epithelium into adjacent organs - or endometriosis. With this condition, it becomes clear why during menstruation a woman experiences severe pain. It is possible to suspect this particular pathology in the presence of the appearance of early pain - 1-2 weeks before the beginning of menstruation. Also, endometriosis reduces the quality of sex: a woman experiences discomfort and pain.
How to relieve severe pain during menstruation
If the situation is cleared up with why the stomach hurts during menstruation, then not every woman knows how to get rid of pain during menstruation. But in order to use home or folk methods, it is very important to understand why the stomach ache during menstruation is very much in your case.
If severe pain is caused by pathological conditions or gynecological diseases, then self-medication can be harmful. And the consequences of such a home "therapy" can be very sad. Therefore, initially we go to the gynecologist, we go through an examination and find out the true cause of menstrual pain. If such a painful condition is not caused by a serious pathology or illness, then there are several ways to get rid of menstrual pain:
- rest and light massage. You need to lie down comfortably and relax. Making a light circular motion clockwise around the navel, you will help the uterus to relax and remove the spasm.
- antispasmodics or painkillers. A tablet of no-shpy or spazmalgona will relieve pain. If you are nervous or have been under stress and physical fatigue for a long time, then sedatives and rest will come to your aid.
- cold in the abdomen. You can put on the stomach with an ice pack or a heating pad filled with cold water. Important: you can not put cold on the naked body - on the clothes you should still put a towel. You can hold such a compress on your stomach for no more than 15 minutes.
- if you are concerned about how to ease the pain during the future, then sport and an active lifestyle will help. Swimming, yoga, massage, light jogging - a great way to naturally relieve and relax muscles. After regular sports activities - only feasible, but not strength training or crossfit - many women notice that they no longer have a stomach ache during menstruation.
- soothing teas. Tea with the addition of chamomile, mint, lemon balm will relax the nervous system and reduce cramps in the uterus. It is good to add a teaspoon of honey to a cup of tea.
When to see a doctor and whether to do it
When the pain is unbearable, the woman feverishly searches the Internet for information about how to relieve pain during menstruation, calls her friends or her mother. But as soon as her period ends and the pain passes, she postpones her visit to the doctor until the next period.
So it can continue for years, until the condition is aggravated. When, finally, a woman decides to visit a gynecologist, the treatment of pain syndrome can go to the background: more serious problems are revealed. Therefore, doctors strongly recommend taking an examination at least once a year. The most correct answer to the question, if your stomach hurts during menstruation, what to do is to find the true cause of the pain and eliminate it.
You should not postpone the visit to the gynecologist if:
- pain destroys all your plans: you have to lie in bed and endure,
- the pain is very intense and does not go away longer than 2 days,
- besides pain, a woman feels sick, vomits, has a headache and diarrhea appears,
- the bleeding is very heavy, with blood clots and does not stop for 2-3 days,
- before there was no pain and they appeared suddenly
- medications do not relieve pain
- a tampon or pad lasts only an hour,
- cycle of menstruation was broken, there was a delay
- you have lost weight without taking any action for it.
Sooner or later, any woman can feel the painfulness of the menstruation, what to do in that case - not to know, and get confused. The most important thing is not to worry beyond measure and not to be afraid: everyone can get sick. It is worth honestly asking myself the question: how much I care about my health, how often I check his condition with specialists, whether I give myself up to the whole work and household concerns, forgetting about myself.
Sometimes, in order to restore the menstrual cycle and remove unnecessary soreness, it is enough to fully relax, get rid of the accumulated stress, clearly plan your affairs and not eat anything. Healthy food, proper rest, physical activity and psychological stability are the guarantee of strong female health!
Why is it a pain in the stomach during the menstruation - the main causes of pain during menstruation
Any woman (with rare exceptions) is experiencing before or during menstruation at least discomfort. The main complaint is abdominal pain.
Why is this happening?
Firstly, should not panic: if there are no accompanying "signals", and the menstruation is not out of the framework outlined by doctors, then there is nothing to worry about. The natural physiological process (monthly rejection and separation of the inner layer of the uterus, which, by contracting, causes pain) does not require an urgent visit to the doctors.
Painful periods have their name - algomenorrhea:
- Primary Algomenorrhea. Increased contractile activity of myometrium with tissue hormones and, as a result, cramping pains and vascular spasms. Peculiar to women of 16-25 years. Symptoms include nausea, headaches, upset stool and tenderness in the lower abdomen a day or two before menstruation and the first two days of menstruation. Pathological changes in the pelvic organs are not observed. Usually the level of pain decreases after childbirth and with age.
- Secondary algomenorrhea. In this case, there are any pathologies of the pelvic organs, and pain becomes a symptom of anatomical changes in the uterus.
TO causes of painful menstruation (dysmenorrhea), not associated with diseases of the female reproductive system, include:
If the pain during menstruation is of short duration, the level of pain is tolerable, and everyday things are not postponed - then everything is fine, and there is no reason to panic.
10 best recipes - how to get rid of pain during menstruation
To reduce the level of pain during menstruation (provided there are no serious problems with women's health) traditional folk methods can help:
- Dry heat, massage and rest
It will warmly help to relax the uterus and reduce the strength of its contractions, a gentle massage of the abdomen (strictly clockwise) will relax the muscles.
- Pain reliever
1-2 tablets no-shpy help relieve cramps. Ibuprofen, spasmalgon or ketonal will help to cope with strong pain. For pains caused by over-stimulation of the nervous system (stress, etc.), a simple sedative can help - even a normal valerian.
- Oral contraceptives
Contraceptive pills contain hormones that contribute to the normalization of hormonal levels. Such tablets are very effective for relieving abdominal pain and other "effects" of menstruation. Of course, without the advice of a gynecologist, you should not start the reception.
- Physical exercise
Of course, we are not talking about shock loads and, especially, not about abdominal exercises, but here the tilts, body rotations, light stretching are fine. Pilates and yoga, suggesting work on muscle tone, is also an excellent remedy for pain.
- Compresses and baths
For example, a bath with sea salt (taken before and after menstruation for 15-20 minutes, daily). Sessile baths (contrasting) before menstruation and compresses during menstruation are also suitable. After a bath or a contrast shower, dress warmly and lie down for at least an hour.
- Herbal teas, infusions, decoctions
These include chamomile and mint tea (honey can be added), parsley or sorrel, mineral water, tansy, acorns, strawberries, angelica, etc.
Removal of spasms will contribute to lumbar massage. It is desirable, with someone's help, although you can do it yourself. Put two tennis socks on a tennis ball, lay your back on them so that the balls are at the level of the lower ribs on either side of the spine. Gently press them back and gently roll the balls with your muscles.
- Essential oils
Before menstruation and the first days, you can rub a mixture of essential oils into the sacral area, as well as into the lower abdomen. Ingredients: Hypericum oil (50 ml), marjoram (5 drops), nutmeg sage (4 drops), yarrow (5 drops). Rub a couple of times a day. Before the procedure, test for allergies, a little smearing the mixture, for example, elbow bends. Itching or redness is a sign of allergy.
The most useful and least traumatic way to relieve pain. The main advantages are the release of endorphins (natural painkillers), muscle relaxation.
- Cold on the stomach
“Freeze” pain is one of the effective methods. On the stomach should put an ice pack (only in a towel and on top of clothes!) For 15 minutes, no more.
As for the prevention of pain before and during menstruation, remember eating high calcium foods (low-fat dairy), save activity (this also applies to sex - orgasm reduces the level of discomfort), keep spicy, spicy and coffee in your diet to a minimum, stop smoking and alcohol, do not overcool and avoid stress.
When should I consult a doctor if I have pain during my period?
You should be wary and pay a visit to your gynecologist if ...
- The pain changes your usual way of life (you have to take a day off and lie in bed).
- Severe pain lasts more than 2 days.
- Pain accompanied by nausea, diarrhea, headache.
- Excessive bleeding is accompanied by the release of blood clots and lasts more than 1-2 days.
- Severe pain is present, even with the intake of oral contraceptives.
- Severe pain (for middle-aged women) appeared quite recently.
- Ibuprofen, no-spa, analgesics do not help.
- Discharge is more abundant than before (laying lasts for 1-2 hours).
- The cycle was broken, and body weight decreased.
Such symptoms may indicate the presence of serious reasons for treatment. These usually include:
- Endometriosis (aching or cramping pains with return to the rectum during the whole cycle).
- Myoma, fibroma, polyps or cancer of the uterus.
- Anomalies in the structure of the uterus.
- Willebrand disease.
- Platelet deficiency in the blood.
- Inflammatory process in the urogenital system.
To relieve pain during menstruation, natural non-hormonal drugs are often used, such as Menalgin, for example. It reduces pain, intensity, duration of menstruation and relieves psycho-emotional overstrain. Admission Menalgina in "critical days" reduces the need for the use of NSAIDs, adversely affecting the digestive tract. With a tendency to painful menstruation to start taking the drug is recommended on the eve of the 1st day of menstruation. Menalgin has a complex effect: analgesic, antispasmodic, sedative and anti-edema.
In no case should not suffer and endure severe pain! If you are disturbed by your condition - immediately consult a doctor. A standard examination will reassure you, or help you start treatment on time, which will benefit in any case.
Why does pain appear
Menstruation is a detachment of the inner lining of the uterus with the subsequent breeding it out. As a result, an updated functional layer appears. The process is accompanied by pain, and contributes to several factors.
During menstruation, the smooth muscles of the uterus contract. They push the endometrial layer out. For women with high sensitivity, the phenomenon is very tangible. The stomach starts to hurt.
- The appearance of painful sensations during menstruation contributes to the incorrect location of the uterus - bend. Women have a bad stomach ache during menstruation. And every month. The uterus becomes extremely sensitive.Incorrectly located end touches the nerve. Besides the fact that the stomach hurts, there is an ache in the muscles, a heaviness in the lower back. Deficiency in the structure of the penis disappears after childbirth. During labor, the pelvic bones expand, the organ straightens. Many women notice that after childbirth, periods are not so painful. And sometimes the pain is not felt at all.
- The whole process of menstruation is under the influence of hormones. In the second phase of the cycle there is a restructuring of the balance. Estrogen levels are reduced. Championship takes progesterone. At the same time, the level of prostaglandins rises, which causes the muscles of the uterus to contract. Discomfort during menstruation is directly related to their number. At the same time, not only the stomach hurts, nausea, chills, increased sweating, rapid heartbeat.
It turns out that pain in the period of critical days is normal. But the pain threshold of each woman is different. For some, the process is tolerable, someone is writhing in pain. A norm is considered if:
The stomach hurts on the eve of menstruation and the first 2 days.
- The pain should not continue without interruption all the days of menstruation.
- Pain should not be strong.
- Stomach stops hurting after taking painkillers.
- Critical days last no more than 7 days, there is no heavy bleeding.
In other circumstances, there are pathological processes.
What to drink drugs to reduce pain
Pain relief during menstruation is a huge amount. The pharmacy can get lost in the choice. Next, we will focus on the pills, which are almost always at home, can help get rid of the pain.
Paracetamol- nonsteroidal drug that reduces inflammation. Due to this, removes the pain. The action of the pill begins in about 15 minutes. The effect lasts about 6 hours. Paracetamol is almost always available in the home first aid kit. Even if there were no tablets, you can take the drug with its content. Per day is allowed to drink no more than 2 tablets.
- Citramon - affordable means of low price category. The drug raises the pressure, which is not enough in the body to start menstruation. They take the pill for pains in the stomach on the eve of menstruation, in the first days of menstruation. The action of the pill begins gradually, the effect is felt after 20 minutes. You can take the drug twice a day.
- Analgin - a well-known anesthetic drug. The pill begins almost immediately. The pain disappears within 5 minutes. Taking analgin is recommended for severe pain that cannot be tolerated. Tablets have no effect, except for pain relief, on the body.
Spazmalgon- the drug relieves spasm, which is most often the cause of pain in the lower abdomen. The tablet relieves the tension of sedentary muscles, which the uterus uses to tear the endometrium layer. The tablet acts on the cause of the pain, so the effect lasts a long time. But it comes slowly in about 20 minutes.
What if no pills
Monthly can begin completely unexpectedly. Take someone by surprise. What to do if there are no pills, and the pain in the abdomen does not give rest.
- At the beginning of menstruation, either the day before, you can put a heating pad on your stomach. It can be made from a regular plastic drink bottle. Pour hot water, wrap in a towel, napkin or any clothes. Placed on the stomach. Warmly relaxes the muscles of the uterus, relieves spasm. Relief comes almost immediately. In addition, recent studies have shown that heat acts at the molecular level. Reduces the activity of pain receptors. The action is similar to taking pain pills.
The heating pad can not be used when menstruation has already begun. Heat increases blood flow to the pelvic organs, and bleeding may occur. Together, heat uses cold. Apply ice cubes, meat from the freezer, a bottle of water or other suitable cold object.
- If the kitchen has herbs, you can make tea from chamomile, lemon balm, mint, thyme. Plants relieve inflammation, reduce spasm, soothe the nervous system.
What if the pills do not help
There are situations when the pills can not get rid of pain. If a woman is rapidly deteriorating state of health, dizzy before losing consciousness, you must call an ambulance. The cause of this phenomenon may be miscarriage, ectopic pregnancy. If in the first case, the body is able to cleanse itself, in the second case, the woman risks being left without an ovary, a tube, completely to die from internal bleeding.
If there is no pregnancy, you can try to influence the body in a complex. Lie on your stomach or side, with your legs in the fetal position. Take an additional sedative preparations in the form of tincture of valerian, gloda, motherwort. A relaxed nervous system reduces pain. Put a hot water bottle or ice cubes on your stomach. Massage the abdomen in the navel with light circular movements in a clockwise direction.
Additional causes of pain
The female body is a complex system in which everything is interconnected. Transformations in the uterus entail disorder in digestion. As a result, the stomach starts to hurt. One of the main functions of progesterone is to prepare the uterus to secure a fertilized egg. The hormone relaxes the body, the uterus somewhat increases in size. It affects the nearby intestines. Observed bloating. This sensation cannot be called painful, but the condition is unpleasant. The increase in the shape of the abdomen and contributes to fluid retention in the body. Water metabolism is impaired. Swollen limbs, face. After the end of the critical days, everything is fine.
The action of prostaglandins extends to the muscles of the uterus, intestines. Their high activity leads to multiple muscle contraction. Violated intestinal work. The stomach hurts, diarrhea appears. Diarrhea is present 2 days before the onset of critical days, during the first 2 days of menstruation. This is nothing unusual and scary. If diarrhea does not stop, then an infection has entered the woman’s body.
Causes of severe abdominal pain during menstrual periods not related to illness include:
- contraceptive use
- intrauterine device,
- excessive sensitivity
- high arousal of the nervous system
- abortion, miscarriage,
- lack of potassium, calcium, magnesium,
- poor nutrition,
- sedentary lifestyle.
You can avoid feelings when your stomach hurts during your period. Enough to put in order the mode of the day, rest, food, play sports.
Pain due to illness
Sometimes the stomach hurts during menstruation so much that there is no strength to endure. It does not help to relieve spasm or painkillers. Pain literally knocks down a woman, put her in bed for the entire period of critical days. This situation can not be tolerated. Why can so sick stomach, you need to find out with the gynecologist. Endocrine and gynecological diseases contribute to this.
- Hyperthyroidism. Several organs are responsible for the balance of hormones in the body. Among them is thyroid. The strong activity of the thyroid gland leads to the production of a large number of prostaglandins. The stomach hurts at monthly, critical days are long, the menstruation is plentiful.
Sexual infantilism. Observed in adolescent girls as a result of a narrow cervical canal. The uterus can not freely get rid of the unnecessary layer, there are painful sensations. Usually on the first day, the stomach hurts severely during menstruation, at 2 and 3 moderately.
- Endometriosis. The disease is characterized by the growth of the endometrium beyond the borders of the uterus. During menstruation, there is an additional rejection of the epidermis layer, which is accompanied by severe pain. There is an abundant menstruation, the duration of critical days is about 7. Bloodstained between monthly periods can be traced. Pulling aching pain occurs about a week before menstruation. During intercourse pain is felt.
- Inflammation of the uterus and appendages. The inflammatory process can begin long before critical days. But during the preparation of the body for menstruation, the sensations are exacerbated. The stomach hurts during menstruation, pulls the lower back, chills, fever. The pain does not stop after menstruation. What is cause for concern.
The presence of cysts, fibroids, fibroids. Neoplasms on the walls of the uterus entail a number of pathological processes. The first time the disease is asymptomatic. Then there is a violation of the monthly cycle. Critical days come late. Menstruation is profuse or scanty. In the intervals there are spotting bloody discharge. The stomach hurts at monthly and after them.
- SPD Diseases. The infection spreads throughout the genitals, enters the uterus. Against the background of the main signs of sexually transmitted diseases, the monthly cycle is disturbed. Monthly go longer than usual. The discharge is strong. Pain whining character. Feels lower abdomen, in the lumbar region. In this case, you must immediately contact a gynecologist. The disease itself will not disappear, and the consequences will be critical if you do not begin treatment.
It is very difficult to determine for yourself why stomach pains during menstruation. Treatment should begin after a visit to the gynecologist and an accompanying examination. After critical days, the woman feels pain due to illness, hormonal imbalance. In any case, this phenomenon cannot be called normal.
How to reduce pain
Regular painless monthly dream of every woman. There are a lot of ways to reduce pain. Among them are folk remedies, medicines.
- From severe pain during menstruation pills help. Use analgesics or drugs to relieve spasm. The most common analgin and no-shpa. First you should drink no-shpa, then anesthetic medicine. The circuit in reverse order may not work. If the pain does not disappear, you can re-take the pill after 2 hours.
If the month is tolerable, there is no particular pain, a state of rest will help, a light massage, warmth. A woman needs to lie down on her stomach, relax. It will be easier in 5-10 minutes. Reduces severe pain during critical days a pillow on the abdomen, arm, hot water bottle. Massage make light circular touches in a clockwise direction. Short-term pressure in the navel will help relieve spasm.
- Exercise will help to tone muscles and normalize your period. It's not about overworking physical activity or pumping up the press. The slopes, rotational movement of the hips, stretching. Very good rotation of the hoop. At the request of a woman can do yoga or swimming. To learn to relax. Such actions will help not only to eliminate severe pain, to normalize the whole cycle.
Soothing herbal teas, decoctions have a positive effect on the nervous system of women. Take a mixture of 15 drops of tincture of valerian, motherwort, glode. Prepare tea from chamomile, mint, lemon balm, thyme. Allowed to take 2 times a day. It removes a strong strain of the whole organism. A woman reacts more calmly to transformations in the genitals. During the critical days.
Menstruation always causes discomfort. To alleviate your suffering, you need to examine the body. Find out what factors affect pain. Try to eat right to ease the load on the intestines and stomach.
Why lower abdomen pain during menstruation
According to studies, doctors found that at this time more than 80% of women suffer from severe pain in the lower abdomen. This is explained by the fact that during such a period in the body, a large number of substances accumulate which are responsible for inflammation and pain.
They increase the ability of the uterus to contract, and spasms are formed that interrupt the blood circulation, leading to local irritation of the nerve endings. Thus, there is pain, which lasts only the first days, or during the entire menstruation.
There are other reasons why pain occurs:
- The peculiarity of the location of the uterus and the pressure on the nerve receptors.
- Low level of sensitivity to pain.
- Hormonal background.
- Increased pain after 30 years.
- High levels of the hormone estrogen.
- Inflammatory processes.
- Consequences of injuries or surgeries.
- An established helix to protect against pregnancy can cause pain during menstruation.
Using medical terms, pain can be explained by the fact that the prostaglandin hormone causes uterine contractions.
The greater its concentration, the more it shrinks, causing discomfort. Plus, it adds nausea, headache, or even vomiting.
Violation of the cycle also leads to emerging pains before and during menstruation. At a young age, when the cycle is just beginning to form, many suffer from painful sensations. When handling complaints, the doctor may prescribe a course of examination.
After which, the diagnosis is often established, called algomenorrhea. His symptoms are abdominal pains that go to the upper legs, sleep disturbances, or sweating. Some people stop menstrual pain after the first birth.
If menstrual pain is simply unbearable, then its causes can be:
- cyst on the ovaries,
- lack of calcium in the blood,
- Uterus bend,
- inflammation in the pelvic organs,
Independently determine what is causing the impossible. To establish the root causes of painful menstruation should consult a doctor.
How to reduce pain during menstruation
There is no one universal way to relieve all women of regular pain.
It simply can not be, since it happens differently for everyone. The pain can be a harbinger of beginning menstrual periods and continue for the first days, or cause discomfort until they end.
Each must, by selection, find its own way, if not of complete deliverance, then at least a reduction of these sensations.
To reduce pain, you can observe the following points:
- Find time to relax. In the work it is necessary to take breaks and weekends, to ensure that the body is not overloaded.
- Take time to sleep, go to bed better at the same time.
- Create a daily routine and follow it. In this case, the nervous system will begin to rest.
- Do not overcool the body. Drafts or incorrectly matched clothing will cause inflammations that disrupt the cycle.
- To keep track of food, it should be not only correct, but also balanced (reduce the amount of flour products, fried foods, eliminate alcohol).
- Drink clean water without gas.
- Stop smoking.
- Sign up and go to the gym or yoga classes.
- Go to the sauna (reduced stress).
- Spend more time walking.
- Practice tempering.
It will help reduce the feeling of pain intimate gymnastics. When performing Kegel exercises, strengthening occurs, elasticity and tone of the muscles of the perineum increase. Thus, in the reproductive organs, the blood supply improves and the likelihood of inflammatory processes decreases.
A prerequisite before using the technique is medical consultation, which will identify possible contraindications.
Stomach ache during menstruation - what to do
Why hurts from a stomach during menstruation, we have understood. Remember, for very severe pain, you should consult a gynecologist. Now let's see what can be done at home, if the stomach hurts during menstruation. You can take pills, folk remedies, follow the regimen of the day, do exercises, but first things first.
Warm herbal tea
You can use fees or certain types of herbs. Reduce pain will help:
- lemon balm or mint (the main herbs for women's health, have a calming effect, normalize the cycle, relieve sleep disorders),
- chamomile(oils contained in it will soothe the pain, strengthen the immune and nervous system),
- raspberry leaves (it has the peculiarity of relieving menstrual pain and regulating the cycle),
- shredded root of elecampane (able to normalize hormones in the female body, reduces the feeling of pain in critical days, is also useful for infertility),
- horsetail(during the painful menstruation has anti-inflammatory and analgesic effect, is used as a tonic drink).
Pain Relief Recipes
A glass of boiling water pour 3 teaspoons of dried raspberry leaves, let it brew. Drink during the day in portions, 50 ml.
A glass of boiling water pour 1 teaspoon of dry root elecampane, leave for an hour. Drink a tablespoon, three times a day.
It has the effect of relaxation, reduces pain and strengthens the body. Regular sessions will positively affect the internal organs.
The simplest and first thing that comes to mind about getting rid of menstrual pain is to take a pill. Doctors also prescribe medications for various actions to get rid of the discomfort. Some of them:
- They are also used during PMS to improve mood, eliminate tearfulness and irritability. Good effect: tincture or tablets of valerian, motherwort. To restore sleep, the doctor may prescribe a course of sleeping pills or "evening" pills on herbs.
- The most effective drugs that quickly relieve pain these days include: Ketans, Pentalgin, Ibuprofen, Analgin, Ketorol.
- No-shpa helps many women, often replacing it with an analogue called Drotaverine or Papaverine.
Prevent pain will help the course of taking vitamins B, E, calcium or Magne B6, complex Supradin. If primary algomenorrhea is detected, then the use of contraceptive drugs or progestin is prescribed.
You can reduce your menstrual pain by using the proper breathing system.This will require lying on your back, place a light object on your stomach (you can use the book).
Breathe only through the nose, at the same time making a movement with the wall of the abdomen, making sure that the object rises to the beat. For 5-7 seconds you have to keep the abdominal muscles in a tense state. This exercise is worth two minutes. Lower abdominal pain will gradually subside.
Acupressure affects areas of pain with active points. Kneeling is necessary to produce tingling of the hips. Then, with elbow, press down, first from the outside of the thigh towards the knee.
At the end of the walk on the inside, heading for the pelvis. The next option is to press the point located 4 fingers above the inside of the ankle. A good effect occurs after clicking on the points located:
- below the navel and in the groin area
- in the center of the back, on the tailbone,
- in the middle of the leg, from the inside.
Effective exercises for painful periods
- Lying flat, on the back, bend legs, feet should rest against the floor, with the arms held parallel to the floor, along the body. For two minutes, make smooth deflection of the abdomen, with relaxed muscles. Repeat - 5 times.
- Lying on your back, press her buttocks to her. With knees bent, push your feet into the wall. Fix your position for 5 minutes.
- Moving away from the wall, bend one leg as close as possible to the chin. The second to leave on the floor.
- The simplest thing is to kneel, with your hands on the floor, to lower your head between them, to be in this position for only 2 minutes.
- Practitioners of yoga, can use for menstrual pain "Cobra Pose." Lying on your stomach, straining your knees, bring your feet together and exhale. Then lift the torso up, head thrown back, inhale and exhale twice. Holding the buttocks in tension, lock in for 2 minutes.
Taking vitamins, adjusting the daily routine and using herbal infusions, you can reduce menstrual pain, not caused by injuries or a feature of the body.
In fact, this is a natural process with which he will cope on his own after a certain time. Taking advantage of the proposed tips and performing simple exercises, the pain that each month torment many women will go. And life will not stop on such days because of discomfort.
Why can the stomach ache in the days of menstruation
Menstrual bleeding is a natural process by which an unnecessary layer of the endometrium is rejected. Its purpose is to provide conditions for the fixation of a fertilized egg.
If conception does not occur, the uterus begins to be cleaned from the outer surface of the endometrium. The pain that occurs during this process may be physiological or pathological.
Physiological causes of severe lower abdominal pain:
- Contraction of the uterus. The function is necessary for the expulsion of an egg unfertilized by male cells. The intensity of the pain depends on the strength of the contractions and the sensitivity of the receptors of the abdominal wall. The contractile function of the uterus is influenced by physical and emotional overloads, hypothermia. With a weak sensitivity of the nerve endings, menstrual periods are painless for women.
- Nerve strain. Stress and anxiety can intensify discomfort on critical days.
- Incorrect position of the uterus. The deviation of the body back puts pressure on the nerve endings and provokes soreness.
- Hormonal disorders. The onset of the monthly provide female sex hormones. During puberty and when consuming hormonal contraceptives, pain may occur during menstruation. The number of days and the intensity of discharge increase.
If the stomach is very painful, spasms and fainting occur, there are heavy bleeding with clots during menstruation, this can be a sign of diseases of the endocrine and gynecological system. If poor health complements the increased body temperature, it is necessary to undergo a diagnosis and to identify a provoking disease.
Pain during menstruation in the stomach is accompanied by various pathologies:
- Polyps in the uterus.
- Cervical erosion.
- Polycystic uterus or appendages.
- Oncological neoplasms.
- Intervention in the uterus - abortion, the installation of a spiral.
- Complications of labor, cesarean section, surgical treatment of the ovaries.
Physiological morbidity during menstruation is characterized by ease of discomfort. It can hurt the stomach and pull the lower back, spoil the mood, dizziness and general malaise occur. But these symptoms should be mild. If menstruation prevents a woman to lead a normal life, then the cause of dysmenorrhea lies in the disease.
How to eliminate pain during menstruation
If the stomach is unbearably painful during menstruation, the question “what to do?” Becomes a priority, because the rhythm of modern life does not allow women to relax. The pharmacological industry proposes to eliminate discomfort with the help of candles, tablets and thermoplastic.
For women who do not like to drink pills for any reason, suppositories with analgesic effect will do.
During menstruation, they are introduced into the vagina, where the active substances act locally, eliminating pain and inflammation. The preparations have a creamy texture, which facilitates the use.
Paracetamol exhibits an analgesic and anti-inflammatory effect. To get rid of pain in the days of menstruation, it is used several times a day. One candle in the vagina is put with the obligatory observance of the 4-hour interval.
Cefecone D is an analogue of Paracetamol. The drug quickly relieves menstrual pain and relieves inflammation. In the presence of a headache removes it.
If you decide to take pills for abdominal pain during menstruation, we recommend that you consider three groups of drugs for pain syndrome:
- Antispasmodics - relieve cramps in the uterus, accelerate the release of mucous secretions, reduce the tone of the uterus. In some cases, shorten the duration of critical days, but the bleeding will be abundant. Antispasmodics include No-shpa, Papaverin, Buscopan and Spazmalgon.
- Analgesics - remove pain, nausea, weakness and fever. What to drink for painful menstruation: Baralgin, Analgin, Menalgin, Novalgin.
- Anti-inflammatory drugs - relieve pain during menstruation, but they must be taken even in the premenstrual period. The pills prevent feeling unwell, but are not suitable for patients with peptic ulcer. In the absence of contraindications on the eve of menstruation, Diclofenac, Aspirin, Ketonal, Ibuprofen, Paracetamol can be taken.
The anesthetic effect of the thermoplaster is due to heat. Adhesive ribbon is comfortable to wear on the body, and heating the abdomen does not harm the body.
In folk medicine, in order to eliminate menstrual pain, a heating pad is used, but it cannot be used in the workplace and in other conditions when you cannot lie down and relax.
Assortment of thermoplastic for painful critical days:
Universal methods of dealing with pain in the menstrual period does not exist. Some women are helped by a warm bath, others by a glass of brandy, and still others try not to drink coffee and alcohol on critical days.
If on critical days you do not want to saturate the body with "chemistry", you can follow a diet with a transition to vegetarian food. To reduce the painful symptoms during menstruation, a few days before they begin, you should abandon milk and animal food. It is useful to drink juices, especially beet and carrot.
In those days when there is no bleeding, the body needs to be fed with calcium and vegetables with green leaves. It is undesirable for women to abuse coffee, because the drink increases psycho-emotional irritability. In the days of menstruation it is better to drink herbal tea fragrant. You can cook them from mint, chamomile, raspberry leaves, lemon balm.
If you do not know what to do if your stomach hurts during menstruation, try to eliminate unpleasant sensations with the help of a light sports load. It has been observed that regular exercise makes it easier for women to tolerate menstruation. In addition to well-being, gymnastics will bring health and a beautiful figure.
Often women lie on menstruation days and as far as possible are excluded from household chores.
But the discomfort is still preserved, since it is physical exercise that eliminates pain. Therefore, on critical days, you need to walk, crouch, bend, do exercises. Difficult grueling exercises are not needed - everything is good in moderation. Sometimes only a few squats are enough to disappear severe pain in the lower abdomen during menstruation.
What exercises will help remove the pain syndrome:
- Sit on the floor with legs bent. Feet must firmly rest against the floor. Gently bend the abdomen up and down, keeping the muscles in a relaxed state. Repeat the exercise 4 - 5 times.
- Take a position in which the elbows and knees will rest against the floor. Lower your head in the area between the hands. Stand for 3 minutes.
- Lie on your back and lift your legs high so that they form a right angle with the wall. Rest your feet against the wall, tightly pressing your limbs to the surface. Although it is difficult, but to get rid of the pain in the abdomen you need to hold out in this position for 5 minutes.
- Lie on your stomach and stretch your arms. Lean your palms on the floor. Head and sternum back to the greatest possible distance. The exercise "Cobra" contributes to stretching the muscles of the back and abdomen. To relieve pain, it must be done 4 - 5 times.
Women who practice yoga rarely complain of abdominal pain during menstruation. Also, the fascination with the ancient Oriental art helps to suppress depression and anxiety.
Folk remedies for lower abdominal pain during menstruation
Recipes of traditional medicine will help to minimize discomfort during painful periods. The easiest way is to apply a warm heating pad to the lower back and lie down for a while. You can wrap the lower part of the body with a woolen scarf.
If in stock there are berries of viburnum, they should be ground with sugar and take the composition 3 times a day before meals. A single dose of the drug - 2 tbsp. l
Viburnum berries in nature
How to remove abdominal pain during menstruation with the help of herbs:
- Oregano. 1 tsp dry grass with a glass of boiling water and leave for 20 minutes. Drain the liquid from the ground and drink during the day in small sips.
- Raspberry leaves. Dry crushed raw materials (2 - 3 tbsp. L.) Pour boiling water (200 ml). Infuse the ingredients under the lid for 15 minutes. Cool, strain and drink until the end of the day.
- Mint + Chamomile. Dry herbs take equally, for example, 1 tbsp. l For this amount you will need 2 cups of boiling water. Mixture insist half an hour and filtered. Drink herbal tea on ¼ glass for 40 - 60 minutes before meals.
- Anise. 1 tsp raw materials insist on a glass of boiling water for 30 minutes. The product is filtered and consumed in ¼ cup before meals only 3 times a day.
- Blackberry. The leaves of the plant and boiling water are combined in a ratio of 2 tbsp. l crushed dried meat for 2 cups of liquid. Insist phytosease 2 - 3 hours. Vodichku useful drink three times a day for half a glass.
The above recipes perfectly relieve abdominal pain during menstruation. However, when diagnosed with gynecological diseases they are allowed to use only in consultation with the doctor.
When to see a doctor
If severe pain in the lower abdomen does not subside for more than two days, and menstrual periods are abundant, it is urgent to consult a gynecologist and establish the cause of dysmenorrhea.
Also, a woman should be alarmed by the presence of blood clots on the gasket, violation of the cycle and a sharp weight loss. The pain caused by taking oral contraceptives deserve close attention to the doctor.
To help a specialist understand the situation, the patient should provide her menstrual calendar and talk about her state of health in recent months. All deviations associated with menstruation are of diagnostic value. It is necessary to fix them.
Remember that bad health during menstruation can not be the norm. After you have been treated for dysmenorrhea, engage in the prevention of painful menstruation. Preventive measures in this case are as follows:
- Nutrition correction. Enrich the diet with protein foods and foods high in potassium, magnesium, iron, calcium. Eat liver, meat, buckwheat, herbs, vegetables and dairy products. Refuse from salty and spicy dishes, seasonings, chocolate and caffeine.
- Sport. Giving time to a little physical exertion, you can prevent pain in the days of menstruation. Do fitness or yoga, run.
- Correct perception of menstruation. Psychoneurologists identify women who feel unwell during menstruation with aversion to their own body. The body reacts to it with soreness.
- Hygiene. Increased hygiene during menstruation prevents infection of the genitals and the development of inflammatory processes.