Cystitis is an inflammation of the mucous membrane of the bladder, accompanied by cutting and pain during urination. Often, exacerbation of cystitis occurs during menstruation, which is closely related to the state of the reproductive organs and is a reason to contact a gynecologist as soon as possible.
Brief anatomy of the female urogenital system
In women, the urethra is significantly shorter than in men. It means that it is easier and quicker for pathogenic bacteria, fungi and other pathogenic microflora to enter the bladder through the urethra.
In addition, during menstruation, when a pathogenic microflora is washed out or when a rare change of pads is made, it is also easy to enter the bladder, which is often the cause of exacerbations during menstruation.
The close proximity to the urethra of the anus also plays its part in the fact that the disease often bothers women.
Factors of cystitis
The causative agents of inflammation of the bladder are most often bacteria, less commonly fungi (for example, candida), allergens or toxins. Another cause of the disease can be E. coli, which enters the urethra from the anus, as well as microflora, which causes inflammation of the reproductive organs (adnexitis, endometritis, coleitis).
The disease quickly becomes chronic, so it is impossible to postpone its therapy, because in future it will be more difficult to cure the disease.
The main factors for the development of cystitis:
- The presence of chronic genital infections.
- The inflammatory process in the pelvis, which often causes cystitis before menstruation.
- Allergy to tampons, improper use or rare change.
- Tight underwear made of synthetic materials, creating the effect of the sauna, which provokes the reproduction of pathogenic microflora.
- Rare change of pads during menstrual bleeding.
- Irregular leaching when bacteria enter from the anus into the urethra.
- Allergy to means for intimate hygiene.
- Reduced immunity, hypothermia, frequent colds.
- Sexual management during menstruation, especially without the use of barrier contraceptives.
If a woman has chronic cystitis, then one or two of these factors suffice - and the disease occurs again and again. In the presence of inflammatory processes in the reproductive system, these pathologies must be treated together, otherwise re-infection is possible. A gynecologist will be able to conduct an examination and prescribe therapy.
Monthly with cystitis may occur with a delay and be accompanied by pain, especially in the presence of chronic or acute endometritis, colpitis or adnexitis.
Why does it occur and worsen during menstruation?
Having chronic inflammation of the mucous membrane of the bladder, a woman often notices that it appears every month simultaneously with menstruation. The reason for this may be the presence of chronic infections of the genital organs, in which case cystitis occurs every month during menstruation.
Before menstruation, the process of proliferation of the endometrium occurs in the uterus. With the onset of menstruation, the organ begins to bleed and reject the overgrown functional layer. Accordingly, in the presence of a disease such as endometritis, the pathogenic microflora will be present in the secretions. The same happens with inflammation of the appendages.
Altered microflora of the vagina during menstruation is a breeding ground for the development of pathogenic bacteria, with the result that their colonies grow. The decrease in overall immunity during menstruation leads to the fact that the urethra and bladder membrane become more susceptible, and when bacteria get into it, an exacerbation of cystitis occurs.
The causes of pathogenic microflora in the urethra and the development of the disease can be:
- rare change of sanitary pads (less often than every 4 hours),
- frequent use of tampons to promote the proliferation of bacteria
- improper washing, after which the intestinal microflora enters the urethra.
If during several cycles during menstruation cystitis worsens, it is an occasion to think about inflammation in the reproductive system, even if it doesn’t manifest itself anymore. In this case, it is better to consult a gynecologist as soon as possible so that he can prescribe a comprehensive treatment, since therapy aimed only at the inflammation of the bladder will be ineffective.
Symptoms of the disease
The presence of inflammation of the mucous membrane of the bladder can be recognized by the presence of the following symptoms:
- Cutting and burning during urination.
- The presence of itching during urination.
- Urine is a dark color in which white flakes may be present.
- Frequent urging to the toilet, especially in the evening and at night, while the volume of urine is very small.
- Abdominal or lower back pain similar to menstrual pain.
- Weakness, drowsiness.
- Temperature rise.
During an exacerbation, all the signs of cystitis may not show up simultaneously. But even the presence of one of the symptoms is a reason to pay attention to your health.
Cystitis and menses, occurring at the same time, speak of inflammation in the reproductive organs. However, there is a reverse pattern: pathogenic microflora from the bladder can enter the vagina and provoke an infectious process.
If cystitis begins in the middle of a cycle or a week before menstruation, it can be caused by thrush, namely yeast-like fungi Candida. Also exacerbated by sexually transmitted diseases. To identify the cause, you must be examined by a gynecologist.
Prevention of exacerbation of cystitis during menstruation
Every woman should know about the prevention of cystitis, especially in case of chronic inflammation of the mucous membrane of the bladder. Observance of the following recommendations will help to avoid exacerbation of the disease during or before menstruation:
- Proper washing, and not only during menstruation. This should be done from front to back so as not to carry bacteria from the anus to the urethra and vagina.
- Change of sanitary pads during menstruation every 4 hours or more.
- Restriction of use of tampons.
- Strengthening immunity.
Another important factor is regular visits to the gynecologist in order to identify all diseases in time and prevent them from going into the chronic stage.
It is necessary to treat cystitis simultaneously with diseases of the pelvic organs, otherwise the illness will occur again and again.
We are treated without drugs
Folk remedies for the treatment of cystitis in menstruation will be effective only in combination with drug therapy. They are also good for the prevention and strengthening of the body as a whole. Often prescribed during pregnancy.
To combat cystitis herbs are used with diuretic and anti-inflammatory properties. These can be cowberry leaves, chamomile, bearberry, St. John's wort, dill. Brunniver's herbal collection is well established.
An effective and tasty helper will be cranberry or lingonberry juice. This drink has anti-inflammatory, tonic and diuretic effects at the same time. Regular use for chronic cystitis is recommended.
Therapy of cystitis is usually carried out by antibacterial agents. The doctor prescribes antibiotics such as Ciprofloxacin or Monural. The latter is permitted during pregnancy. Together with these pills are prescribed herbal preparations Canephron, Fitozilin, which have antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties. In the presence of severe pain, prescribe No-silo, Spazgan or other antispasmodics.
Do not self-medicate, only the doctor will be able to correctly draw up a treatment plan. Especially if cystitis is combined with other inflammatory processes in the body.
Cystitis gives a lot of inconvenience and pain, so it is better to prevent the transition of the disease into a chronic form. Compliance with preventive measures and regular visits to the gynecologist will help prevent this disease.
Statistics of cystitis during menstruation
Cystitis during menstruation is common. The reason for this is non-compliance with measures to prevent inflammation. When symptoms of bladder inflammation appear during menstruation, women try to get rid of them on their own, but in this case, proper treatment is important.
Improper treatment or lack of it can lead to the transition of the disease to the chronic form. The constant presence of cystitis in the body can gradually lead to the development of more serious ailments.
Often a bladder infection turns into a kidney disease - pyelonephritis. In addition, inflammation of the urogenital system can provoke a narrowing and a decrease in the volume of the bladder, which will further require surgical intervention.
If during menstruation, the woman began to show the first signs of an infectious disease of the urogenital system, you should immediately consult a doctor. A specialist will prescribe a course of medication and give additional recommendations.
Cystitis and menses: severe pain during inflammation
Often, cystitis before menstruation and during menstruation is accompanied by severe pain. (so-called algomenorrhea).
Symptoms of algomenorrhea with cystitis are the following:
- severe pain when urinating,
- nervous tension
- frequent urination,
- feeling of heaviness in the lower abdomen,
- lumbar pain.
Cystitis treatment during menstruation
To get rid of cystitis, it is important to observe the rules of intimate hygiene, especially during menstruation: take a shower with antibacterial agents daily and regularly change the pads or tampons.
The process of treatment of cystitis itself should be carried out under the supervision of a physician. In the treatment of cystitis are used such drugs:
In addition, the doctor prescribes the use of decoctions of medicinal herbs and warming. Since the elimination of cystitis in the period of menstruation is difficult, the patient may be prescribed special drugs. Their dosage is set for each case separately.
With pain, accompanying cystitis and menstruation, it is necessary to drink No-shpu, and with its ineffectiveness - Monural. Independent use of this drug is prohibited. This is explained by the fact that Monural is a potent antibiotic, and its uncontrolled intake can provoke intoxication, poisoning or allergies.
Curing inflammation of the bladder does not take much time. It is impossible to stop treatment on your own, since the symptoms may disappear without eliminating the cause of the disease, and later it will appear again.
Cystitis can become chronic, more difficult to cure.
Treatment and Prevention
The treatment of cystitis should be monitored simultaneously by two specialists - a urologist and a gynecologist. Inflammation of the genitourinary system in different ways. Sometimes the disease is accompanied only by frequent and slightly painful urination. However, in case of cystitis, severe pain is also possible, and then potent drugs are included in the course of treatment, the action of which is aimed at eliminating pain symptoms.
In the treatment of cystitis take into account allergic reactions to drugs, the form of the disease and the degree of complexity of its development.
Do not self-medicate. For the treatment of inflammation of the bladder a number of medical procedures are used, including not only drug treatment, but also folk remedies, warming up and so on. The purpose of a particular treatment method depends on the results of the urine analysis, which will show the exact cause of the appearance of cystitis.
- frequent urination (at a rate of 4-5 times a day),
- contraction of the urethra
- unrestrained urination to urinate in the evening and in the morning,
- groin discomfort,
- temperature rise,
- unpleasant smell of urine,
- purulent discharge from the urethra,
- difficult and painful urination,
- aching pain in the lower abdomen,
- lumbar pain.
The bacteria and microbes that enter the bladder and multiply there may become the causative agents of cystitis. In addition, inflammation of the bladder can occur due to untimely urination (when urge to urinate is restrained), when the body is too cold, or due to the onset of the menstrual cycle.
The relationship of cystitis and menses
Every month hormonal changes occur in the woman's body, under the influence of which rejection of the inner mucous layer of the uterus begins. If the reproductive system before this time was pathogenic microflora, then it can spread through menstrual flow to other organs. Due to the anatomical features, the urethra is the closest to the vagina, through which infection from the genital tract enters the bladder.
If the cause of inflammation of the urea is inflammatory processes in the reproductive system, without adequate treatment, an exacerbation of cystitis will accompany every menstruation.
Now we will consider how cystitis affects the menstruation before their onset, during the regulation and after their termination.
Cystitis before menstruation occurs most often due to hormonal imbalance, because in the second phase of the menstruation cycle, active production of progesterone begins and the weakening of the protective functions of the body. Hormonal "swings" also have a strong effect on the mucous membrane of the urea, making it more susceptible to viruses and bacterial infections.
Cystitis causes a delay in menstruation, because the disease affects all the organs of the pelvis, causing them to dysfunction.
Also, the delay in menstruation with cystitis can be caused by taking antibiotics prescribed for its treatment. If the monthly does not begin during the week after the due time, you should immediately seek medical help, because the restoration of the menstruation course may require long-term treatment.
Cystitis during menstruation occurs much more often than during the rest of the cycle, the reason for this is reduced immunity, but there are other factors that cause the development of the disease:
- lack of personal hygiene,
- imbalance of microflora in the vagina,
- activation of chronic inflammatory processes.
When cystitis and menstruation begin at the same time, the woman feels pain and burning during urination in addition to the symptoms of critical days.
Stress, overwork, overcooling, cold and non-observance of a day regimen and a food can provoke manifestation of the given disease.
After the critical days
Many women can not understand why they began to cystitis after menstruation, because the body is completely cleansed and updated, as well as improved its protective properties. It turns out that cystitis after menstruation has several other causes:
- getting menstrual flow in the urea causes the development of the inflammatory process,
- allergic reaction to sanitary pads or tampons,
- sexually transmitted infections whose pathogens have entered the urinary system along with the menstrual flow,
Symptoms of cystitis
The sensation of cystitis is familiar to many women, in most cases this disease is caused by hypothermia, hormonal disorders, reproduction of pathogenic microflora, as well as chronic bacterial inflammation in the uterus and ovaries. Depending on the causes of cystitis, specific symptoms of the disease can be observed, but for all types of pathogens the following manifestations of the disease are characteristic:
- frequent urination, during which cramps, burning, stinging and cramping pains in the lower abdomen can be felt,
- there are pains in the lower back and lower abdomen, which have a nagging and pulling character, as during menstruation,
- general weakness
- the acute course of the disease is accompanied by a greatly increased temperature; in a chronic course, the temperature is subfebrile,
- depression and irritability,
One of the main signs of the disease is a change in urine color.
It becomes cloudy, bright yellow, blotches, protein film, mucus and a sharp unusual smell are possible. Fluid with purulent impurities may come out of the urethra, and in the morning and evening there is a strong urge to urinate without productive urination.
Monthly with cystitis can also be a provoking factor, because at this time the volume of the pelvic organs, in particular the uterus, may increase, which puts additional pressure on the bladder. Symptoms of cystitis in this case may occur even before the onset of critical days.
There are a lot of methods for treating cystitis, their choice depends on the cause of the inflammatory processes in the uretic walls, so only a doctor can determine how to treat the disease after examining the results of a blood test, urine analysis and, if necessary, an ultrasound of the bladder. It is not recommended to treat cystitis solely with herbal preparations, since the causative agent of the disease is not completely eliminated, and soon the illness becomes aggravated again.
Медикаментозная терапия цистита включает в себя следующие препараты:
- if the cystitis is of bacterial origin, antibiotics are necessary for its treatment. The most popular antibacterial drugs are 5-NOK, Furadonin, Pefloxacin, Monurali, Ciprofloxacin. The course of taking antibiotics should be calculated by the attending physician, since early withdrawal of the drug threatens to relapse of the disease, and prolonged use may harm the patient's health. One month after recovery, the antibacterial course should be repeated to prevent recurrence,
- antimicrobials, Fitolysin or Canephron, are prescribed to relieve inflammation. It has antispasmodic and diuretic effects,
- For pain relief, you can take Spasmol, Papaverine or No-silo.
Traditional methods of treatment of cystitis usually include a huge variety of herbal baths, but during critical days bathing in hot water is contraindicated, because such a procedure can trigger blood flow to the pelvic organs and, as a result, abundant blood loss.
Also at this time it is not recommended to apply a heating pad or warming compresses to the lower abdomen.
But this does not mean that cystitis can not be cured at home, just for monthly it is most rational to take antimicrobial and antispasmodic decoctions and infusions. Here are some recipes that will help get rid of the disease during menstruation:
- parsley infusion. Fresh parsley is washed, minced and 1 part. grass is poured with a glass of boiling water. It is necessary to insist in a closed container for about 2 hours. Drink a third of a glass before meals,
- cranberry decoction. Half a cup of cranberries need to grind in a blender, squeeze the juice and put it in a cold place. The remaining cake is poured half a liter of water in an enamel bowl and boiled for 7 minutes. The resulting broth is cooled and mixed with cranberry juice, added 2 tables. lie honey This drink reduces inflammation and improves the protective properties of the whole organism. The same method can be used to cook a decoction of lingonberries,
- decoction of plantain, flax, bear ears or chamomile,
- infusions of motherwort, immortelle, fennel or oak bark,
- decoction of nettle. With cystitis, you need to drink 3-4 glasses per day. It flushes out pathogenic microflora from urinary and improves the general condition of the body,
- tea from dry or fresh cherry and cherry stalks with the addition of a teaspoon of honey.
What causes the relationship of cystitis and menses
It should be noted that inflammatory processes in the urinary-cystic reservoir are directly related to the menstrual cycle. Relapses of non-treated sluggish chronic inflammation are a natural manifestation of acute attacks of algomenorrhea in various periods of critical days in the form of:
- strong painful syndrome with mixations,
- nervous tension
- signs of depression and irritability,
- frequent urination,
- heaviness in the lower abdomen,
- pain in the lumbar area.
Self-treatment, without identifying the cause of recurrence and a properly selected course of therapy, as a rule, brings only temporary relief, and the constant infectious presence in the urinary cystic tissues can lead to the development of more complex pathologies (structural changes in MP tissues, changes in its volume, pyelonephritis and etc.), which delays in the future, the process of complete recovery.
The main cause-and-effect factor to which the studies of more than one generation of scientists led, is due to hormonal imbalances and weakening of immune phagocytosis during the preparation of a woman's body for critical days.
It is no secret that, against the background of any hormonal changes, pathologies in various organs and systems can develop, including recurrences of cystitis.
Hormones control all processes in the body, controlling the acidic environment of the mucous membranes, the amount of natural beneficial flora and vaginal microbiocenosis. Hormonal control of the urinary system in women exercise sex hormones. Estrogen receptors located on the surface of the lining of the vagina, urinary bladder and urethra, control:
- urinary function,
- blood circulation intensity
- synthesis of fibrillar proteins,
- general condition of mucous tissues in the urogenital system of women.
Their deficiency increases the risk of recurrence of cystitis, every month before menstruation, in the middle of the cycle, or after. The effect of progesterone, whose receptors are localized in the lower zone of the urinary system, with their excessive weight in the hormonal balance, can adversely affect the urethral canal and MP function, cause functional instability of its muscle tissues. Hence the conclusions - fluctuations in hormonal background at certain periods of the cycle can lead to a weakening of the phagocytic properties of mucous tissues and, as a result, the development of inflammatory reactions in the MP.
The minimum estrogen level in the body is noted in the initial phase of cyclicity, which corresponds to the premenstrual period, or its end. The estrogen peak is reached after a two-week period of the cycle, or on its 18th day, which corresponds to the ovulation period. After that, the estrogen level declines, and the level of progesterone activity increases. This factor is the key to the simultaneous development of recurrence of cystitis and menstruation in various phases of its cyclicity.
Causes of recurrence of cystitis in different regulatory phases
The mechanism of the development of infectious-inflammatory reactions in the structural tissues of the bladder, or leading to a relapse of the disease, in certain phases of the menstrual cycle, also differs in its genesis.
The facts, confirmed by medical studies, say that the most frequent development of cystitis occurs in the period before the beginning of the regulation.
Cystitis before the start of the menstrual cycle
The main genesis of the development of the pathological process is associated with changes in the female body that occur before the start of the regul. It is changes in the balance of hormones and a decrease in immune functions that create a favorable environment for the growth of pathogenic flora and its distribution through the urogenital system.
The mechanism of exacerbation of the disease and the cystitis itself before menstruation is due to:
- The increased susceptibility of the mucous tissues of the MP to changes in the microflora of the reproductive system, from which pathogens easily spread, at this stage, to adjacent organs.
- The easy penetration of the pathogen into the reservoir cavity of the MP is explained not only by the high susceptibility of the mucous membranes and the weakening of phagocytosis, the penetration of the pathogen is facilitated by the excretion intensified at this time, which precedes the regulators.
- Violation of blood transport in the urinary bladder reservoir, which creates ideal conditions for the growth and reproduction of pathogens. These violations in this period are due to an increase in the body of the uterus, due to the swelling of its functional lining, which causes compression of the surrounding vessels and organs.
- When preparing the uterus for reproductive function, the body lowers body temperature to ensure high sperm motility. When this occurs, the narrowing of the blood vessels of the circulatory system. Since the organs in the pelvis have a common line, changes in the blood supply also apply to the urinary organ, with all the ensuing consequences.
If the pathological signs of the disease appear regularly before the menstrual cycle, you should consider. This may be an exacerbation of the chronic form of the pathology, “reminding” of itself in this way, or skillfully masked signs of other diseases. In any case, a qualified diagnostic search is required to identify the cause of such manifestations.
Signs of cystitis during the monthly cycle
Cystitis in menstruation due to a completely different mechanism of development. Manifested against the background of inflammatory processes in the reproductive organs. In the presence of chronic infections in the reproductive organs, the most favorable option for their exacerbation is the period of menstruation.
Reproduction of the bacterial flora is not only on the affected mucous genital organs, but also in the menstrual flow, which for pathogens are the ideal nutrient medium.
Constant contact of discharge with the urethra facilitates the introduction of infection into the reservoir cavity of the MP. But there is a version and reverse development, when the infectious process is provoked by pathogenic flora that penetrated the vagina from the MP. In this case, you should pay attention to the characteristic symptoms:
- cramping pains caused by uterus contraction due to endometrial rejection,
- cutting in the abdomen in the area of the projection of MP,
- impurities in urine,
- high temperature
- a feeling of constant overcrowding in the urinary bladder reservoir.
The manifestation of cystitis and menstruation at the same time may be due to the influence of yeast-like fungal flora (Candida), or exacerbations of venereal diseases. Therefore, the gynecological treatment of background pathologies is added to the classical therapy used for cystitis.
Inflammation of the urinary bladder reservoir after menstruation
The mechanism of development of inflammatory processes in the mucous tissues of the urinary cystic organ does not differ in its special genesis. The main provoking factor lies in the hormonal imbalance. It causes cystitis after menstruation - a sharp increase in hormonal levels that occurs by the end of the 14th day of the lunar cycle.
The increase in the concentration of estrogen provokes a significant reduction in immune phagocytosis, which becomes the main cause of the vulnerability of the mucous tissues of the MP and an excellent condition for the reproduction of pathogenic flora.
As a consequence - the development or exacerbation of cystitis. At this time, the woman feels the same signs of an inflammatory lesion of the MP - the manifestation of painful symptoms in the abdomen, constant drowsiness, irritability and other manifestations. It should be noted that in addition to hormonal and immune factors, the cause of the manifestation of cystitis in any phase of the menstrual cycle, due to many provocative conditions that create a favorable background for the activation of bacterial flora. The enhanced colonization of MP by bacteria is noted:
- With local injury to the perineum (tight linen, pads, or tampons, washing away with aggressive agents, leading to a change in the alkaline vaginal environment).
- Due to previous antibiotic therapy, which caused an imbalance of flora in the vagina.
- As a result of hypothermia and an allergic reaction to the components of personal hygiene.
- When ignoring elementary hygienic norms with regulations.
- When using the diet, causing irritation of the mucous tissues of the MP and urethra.
- As a result of close intimate relationships during the menstrual cycle.
Independent treatment of signs of inflammatory reactions in the urinary-cystic reservoir during the regulatory period, especially with the use of alternative therapy, is not only useless, but also dangerous. Without identifying the cause, it is possible to provoke not only abundant discharge, but also hemorrhage (bleeding). How to treat the pathology will determine the doctor. Whether it is a classic treatment protocol for cystitis, or with the use of hormone therapy, patient examination and recommendations of an endocrinologist will be identified (if necessary).
Methods of treatment and prevention
The main therapy of the disease is due to careful individual selection of antibacterial agents, taking into account the sensitivity of the pathogen to this drug. Most often, treatment includes drugs and analogues of Monural, Furagin, Furamag, Nolitsin, Tsiprolet, Amoksiklava, the action of which is aimed at stopping the inflammatory reactions in the MP and the destruction of pathogenic flora.
In parallel, the treatment of gynecological pathologies, which triggered the pathological inflammatory process, is carried out. To reduce pain symptoms, drugs of antispasmodic action in the form of No-shpy or Papaverina are recommended.
As adjuvants, herbal-based medications, such as Fitolysin and Canephron H, which have analgesic, anti-inflammatory and diuretic effects, are included in the course of treatment.
Recommended course of taking vitamin complexes, to restore immune functions and enhanced drinking regime, to force diuresis, which contributes to the effective leaching of bacteria along with urine.
- temporary exclusion from the use of hygienic tampons,
- frequent change of gaskets, in order to avoid the accumulation of pathogenic flora in them,
- the observance of the right washing away - from the pubis to the anus,
- protection from hypothermia,
- correction of the diet, excluding irritating factors on mucous tissues,
- minimizing smoking and eliminating alcohol.
Few people suspect that the development of the disease is not a result of the pathology of the menstrual cycles, but a consequence of the prolonged course of the disease, which occurred long before the creation of the prerequisites for its manifestation in the period of regulation. Only attentive attitude to oneself and qualified treatment in history, can prevent the exacerbation of the disease in different periods of the "lunar cycle" of women and protect it from unpleasant symptoms.
Causes of cystitis during menstruation
Cystitis can occur due to exposure to the bladder wall of pathogens, allergens, chemicals, or physical strength. Most often, the disease is associated with infection of the urinary system by pathogenic bacteria, for example, Escherichia coli or streptococci, staphylococci.
If a woman has poorly treated cystitis, then it is most likely that her exacerbation will occur during her period. The reasons for this are the following factors:
- During menstruation hormonal changes occur, which leads to a decrease in immunity. A woman in this period is more susceptible to infectious diseases.
- The microflora in the vagina is changing, which is also associated with hormonal changes and changes in secretions. This can lead to colpitis and infection in the urethra.
- Personal care products, such as tampons and pads, can also have a negative effect, causing allergic reactions and changes in the mucous membrane of the genitals.
- The cause may be the menstruation itself, or rather the bloody discharge. Pathogenic bacteria multiply in them and, with insufficient hygiene, they move into the urethra and bladder.
All these factors are indirect, they only increase the risk of developing cystitis, but do not guarantee the onset of the disease. If it were otherwise, every woman would suffer from cystitis during menstruation.
Therefore, it is necessary to highlight a number of reasons that provoke cystitis:
- the presence of inflammatory diseases of the pelvic organs,
- passive lifestyle,
- poor unbalanced nutrition
- bladder congestion,
- recent surgery on the pelvic organs.
Cystitis in menstruation can be completely unrelated to the cycle and is a common coincidence. In any case, you need to consult a doctor.
How to treat cystitis during menstruation
Cystitis during menstruation is treated the same way as on any other day of the cycle, with one exception. It is strictly prohibited to apply a heating pad to the stomach during bleeding. Many women with the help of warming relieve spasm of cystitis. During menstruation it is very dangerous to do this. Heat causes blood to flow to the uterus and increases bleeding.
How to treat cystitis during menstruation, it is best to tell the urologist. The specialist will prescribe a blood and urine test, conduct an examination and write out medications. As a rule, cystitis is treated with antibiotics, antispasmodics and anti-inflammatory drugs.
The following antimicrobial and antibacterial agents are prescribed:
Cystitis during menstruation is particularly hard, as the uterus also hurts. To relieve pain and normalize the process of urination, prescribe:
- No-spa, Drotaverinum,
- Naproxen et al.
Phytopreparations that have anti-inflammatory and diuretic effects will also be useful in complex treatment of cystitis. Examples of such drugs:
During cystitis it is very important to drink large amounts of fluids, especially during menstruation. At this time, the woman's body loses a lot of fluid, the balance must be replenished.
It is necessary to drink pure water without additives, as well as drinks with diuretic effect. This may be cranberry and lingonberry juice, cranberry leaves, urological collection. It is useful to drink broth hips and tea from chamomile.
Cystitis during menstruation is a doubly unpleasant phenomenon. To avoid exacerbation of the disease on critical days, it is necessary to treat acute cystitis until the end under the supervision of a physician, lead a healthy lifestyle and follow the rules of personal hygiene. Proper lifestyle and responsible attitude to your health will help avoid the recurrence of cystitis and other inflammatory diseases of the urogenital system.
We begin with physiology and briefly describe what this disease is. This is important, since every woman should know her body well and be able to read its signals. So, cystitis is a chronic inflammation of the bladder. Most often, ordinary people confuse symptoms with appendage diseases, but this is not so. Лечением занимается нефролог или уролог, поскольку мочевыделительная система – это как раз по их части.The gynecologist to whom you referred for a primary examination can only confirm the diagnosis that the patient is healthy.
The manifestations of cystitis include frequent visits to the toilet, which are accompanied by pain and pain, burning in the urethra. In addition, a woman experiences aching sensations in the lower abdomen, which greatly impair the quality of her life. Changes in appearance, as well as the structure and smell of urine.
These are specific symptoms, however, and the general condition of the woman is far from ideal. There is severe fatigue and drowsiness, the temperature rises. It can be high or subfebrile, when the thermometer stably shows 37-37.5 degrees. If you have experienced similar health problems, you probably learned the symptoms. So let's go directly to our topic and talk about cystitis during menstruation.
Causes of development
If we mean chronic inflammation, then it is assumed that it will return periodically, throughout life. With adequate treatment, the condition can stabilize and a period of remission begins. If this does not happen, the immunity temporarily muffles the symptoms, but the body of bacterial growth remains in the body. So cystitis during menstruation begins to return with surprising regularity.
This happens because the bacteria, which are normally in the uterus, multiply during menstruation much more actively. Nutrient and moist environment creates all conditions for increasing their numbers. And the processes occurring in the body, contribute to the rapid penetration of bacteria into the urethra through the genital tract, thereby activating the inflammation of the bladder.
Let's take a closer look at the causes that cause cystitis during menstruation. It should be noted that in most cases this occurs against the background of a concomitant disease, the existence of which a woman may not even suspect:
- Changes in the hormonal background of the body.
- General weakening of the immune system.
- Severe hypothermia.
- The presence of inflammation in the uterus or appendages. This is the main culprit that causes cystitis during menstruation. The reason is that due to the active proliferation of bacteria, inflammation spreads to other organs of the urogenital system.
- Candida fungus or yeast is such a common problem that most women simply do not pay enough attention to it. And in vain, because the presence of a fungal infection is an aggravating factor.
- Non-compliance with personal hygiene. At first glance, is it worth talking about it in our time? On sale there is a huge amount of hygiene products that will help maintain the cleanliness of the genitals at any time. But the practice of doctors shows that some of the pads and napkins are too expensive for their patients, and some brands cause an allergic reaction. Therefore, warm water and soap remain the perfect way to monitor hygiene.
- Physiological features. The location of the urethra and anus may be different, but their distance from each other is of particular importance. The closer they are, the more likely the transfer of bacteria. This also contributes to the wearing of uncomfortable underwear, synthetic thong panties.
Draw a parallel
If it seems to you that every time during menstruation cystitis begins, it is recommended to pay more attention to maintaining a calendar in which, in addition to the cycle, it will be necessary to note all the unpleasant symptoms, their intensity and duration. This will greatly help the doctor when you come to see him. Symptoms change on different days of the cycle, after the end of menstruation, the condition usually improves, and we forget about the need for treatment for about 25 days.
But if you have already established a clear connection and you see that as soon as the menstrual periods begin, the painful symptoms return, there is nothing more to pull. Tell your doctor about everything that you have already noticed, and also go through the necessary examination.
If usually you practically did not feel them, but today suddenly began to pull the lower abdomen, ache and burn, then it’s hard not to pay attention. The situation is more difficult for those who usually endure this phenomenon and start taking painkillers almost a few days before it begins.
Therefore, let us once again pay attention to the specific signs that help to distinguish between cystitis during menstruation. The main reasons we discussed above, now let's talk about the manifestations. So you can mark for yourself:
- Frequent trips to the toilet, with the full emptying of the bladder does not occur.
- Pain, so similar to the menstrual, significantly increased during the trip to the toilet.
- Change in urine color to a more turbid, incontinence after a night's sleep.
- The presence of pus in the urine, as well as in vaginal discharge. In this case, their color and smell change.
Any disease is easier to prevent than to cure. So the exacerbation of cystitis during menstruation can with a rather high probability to anticipate. And the most important role is played by hygiene. It is necessary from early childhood to teach a girl to wash every day, and only from front to back.
From the first day of the menstrual cycle requirements are tightened. It is necessary to take a shower now at least twice, and it is better after each use of a toilet. Change the gasket is not as far as filling, and after 3-4 hours, but it is better not to use tampons at all. Special attention should be paid to wearing top and casual wear. Often women refuse warm tights under trousers in winter. This leads to hypothermia and creates prerequisites for the development of the disease. Therefore, be sure to dress for the weather.
We forgot to mention one more factor that causes cystitis during menstruation. The causes and treatment should be investigated and prescribed by the practitioner in each case, but our business is to consider general questions and give you an idea of the problem. So, during critical days, we begin to use sanitary pads and tampons, after which the symptoms of cystitis increase. If this is repeated time after time, and after the end of menstruation, when the need for these hygiene products disappears, the state is fully normalized, then you will have to change the brand and manufacturer. This is the reason.
What can be done
The next item is relevant for those who are already convinced of the diagnosis and knows for sure that he has cystitis during menstruation. What to do next? It is difficult to do without consulting a good specialist, because self-treatment rarely ends with a complete victory over the disease. The basis of adequate care is antimicrobial therapy. Do not self-medicate. Despite the similarity of drugs, each of them is unique, and to choose the scheme and dosage is possible only taking into account the individual characteristics of the patient. Most often, doctors prescribe "Monural" or "Nolitsin", "Rulid" or "Furadonin."
This is the main course, which allows you to defeat cystitis during menstruation. Treatment also involves the use of aids, which contribute to recovery. These are antispasmodics that facilitate the flow of pain. Most often appointed "No-Shpa" and "Papaverin". They act symptomatically. Similarly, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs are used, for example, Ibuprofen. In addition to relieving pain symptoms, it has a healing effect.
For the prevention of dysbiosis, doctors simultaneously prescribe antimicrobial drugs and probiotics. It can be "Hilak Forte", "Linex", "Bifiform". And the last in our list, but not least, is herbal medicine. Preparations based on natural medicinal herbs have a diuretic and anti-inflammatory effect. They come in the form of dry fees and drops. An example would be "Cyston", "Canephron", "Fitolysin".
Instead of conclusion
The first relief that the patient experiences after the course of treatment should not be a reason for refusing a further visit to the doctor. Chronic diseases rarely pass in a short time, so it is extremely important to undergo a re-examination and, if necessary, supportive therapy. As such, most often assigned a long gentle course of taking medicinal herbs. Often it is complemented by procedures to strengthen the immune system - hardening and vitamin therapy. Only together, all these measures can give a good result.
Can cystitis develop during menstruation?
Inflammation of the bladder is directly related to menstruation, and, often, the disease is exacerbated during menstruation. In the case of undertreated cystitis, relapse is just noted during the menstruation period. This happens due to the fact that the bacteria that are in the uterus, during the period of its inflammation multiply much more active. The processes occurring in the body contribute to the rapid penetration of bacteria into the urethra through the genital tract, as a result, the inflammation of the bladder is activated.
In women with chronic cystitis, the disease can return every menstrual cycle.
Why cystitis develops during menstruation. Can there be monthly after cystitis
The reasons for which develops cystitis after menstruation, many. The most common among them are the following:
- Changes in the general hormonal background of the body,
- General weakening of the immune system
- Severe hypothermia
- The presence of an inflammatory process in the uterus or appendages. During menstruation, due to the active reproduction of bacteria, inflammation spreads to other organs of the urogenital system,
- The presence of a fungal infection (in particular, Candida fungus),
- Non-compliance with the rules of personal hygiene,
- Physiological features (in particular, too close location of the urethra and anus).
Can there be a delay in menstruation with cystitis?
Often the cause of delayed menstruation can be cystitis before menstruation. In this case, the woman still notes in her discharge, but not bloody, but purulent. The discharge is accompanied by an extremely unpleasant odor. Often a woman also experiences very strong pain.
The main reasons for the appearance of a delay in cystitis are as follows:
- The presence of an active inflammatory process in the appendages of the uterus is often the main reason why menstruation may not start,
- Hormonal changes in the body, caused, again, by the inflammatory process,
- The spread of bacteria in the urogenital system.
Often, periods begin after cystitis or simultaneously.
How to determine that cystitis begins before menstruation?
There are several characteristic symptoms by which you can determine that it is cystitis and menstruation that develops, and not just a painful menstruation. The most common among them are the following:
- Increased urination: you start to go to the lavatory much more frequently, and there is no complete emptying of the bladder.
- The appearance of unpleasant sensations when urinating: if urination is accompanied by slight tingling in the genital area and in the lower abdomen, this is a sign of the initial stage of development of cystitis. In the acute stage, the patient usually experiences severe cutting pain.
- Constant nagging pains in the lumbar region, in the lower abdomen and in the sacrum. The pains are similar to menstrual pain, but they are much worse when urinating.
- Increased body temperature is a characteristic sign of the development of acute cystitis.
- Change urine color to more turbid. The appearance in the urine bloody discharge with an unpleasant odor (discharge observed only during urination).
- Incontinence of urine (especially after a night's sleep).
- The appearance in the urine of purulent discharge with an unpleasant odor.
The relationship of cystitis with monthly
Cystitis itself is an inflammation of the bladder. As you know, the inflammatory process in the body can be asymptomatic for a long time. Sometimes the only sign of its presence is a violation of the menstrual cycle. With cystitis, menstruation has a characteristic of delay, increased bleeding. All this is accompanied by unpleasant sensations characteristic of inflammation of the bladder.
For a whole month hormonal changes, preparation for conception, menstruation take place in the woman’s body. During menstruation, there is a real hormonal boom. All chronic, hidden diseases begin to escalate. The body's desire to get rid of them is increasing. The location of the bladder near the genitals leads to frequent causes of failure due to pathological processes in the reproductive system. Doctors often search for the cause of cystitis there.
For the period of menstruation, local immunity of the vagina, the protective function of the organism as a whole, is somewhat reduced. Pathogens get favorable breeding conditions. Getting into the vaginal discharge, they pass into the bladder. The presence of blood during menstruation, this process accelerates. Menstruation, cystitis - the components of one link. A common cause of inflammation of the bladder are inflammatory processes in the appendages - the ovaries, fallopian tubes. However, this disease is not limited. The reasons can go much deeper. Treatment is hampered by the inability to quickly diagnose if there are no obvious signs of disease of the internal organs that provoke cystitis.
Causes of non-infectious cystitis
Regarding the inflammation of the bladder during menstruation, it can occur for trivial reasons, very complex.
- The cause of allergic cystitis
Individual response to hygiene products. Currently, the choice of women is great - pads, tampons, menstrual cup. According to the manufacturers, all these products do not harm the body of a woman when used properly. But due to individual characteristics, a strong allergic reaction to the composition of hygiene products may occur. It is worth noting that most often this situation occurs from tampons, menstrual cup. Since these funds accumulate blood inside the vagina, they close the access of oxygen. There is a favorable environment for the development of microorganisms, the appearance of inflammation of the appendages. And even at the first stage of this pathological process, an allergy can be felt by itching, burning, and painful urination. After the end of menstruation, the symptoms subside. If it is an allergic cystitis, they are treated by refusing certain hygiene products on critical days, if necessary with antihistamines.
- The cause of toxic cystitis
Toxicosis of the body is the result of the accumulation of hazardous components - toxins. The cause of cystitis can be poisoning of the body under the influence of chemicals, diseases of internal organs, systems. Toxic cystitis can occur after severe influenza and other complex viral diseases. It is always the result of a complex inflammatory process in the body.
- Common causes of cystitis
There is also a group of causes of inflammation of the bladder. This includes banal hypothermia. Nylon tights in winter, sitting on a bench in the autumn park, hypothermia by the nature of professional activity. Abuse of smoked, spicy, fatty foods. Such products adversely affect the processes in the gastrointestinal tract, disrupt the work of the kidneys, bladder.
Treatment of the above forms of cystitis involves the removal of symptoms. Elimination of factors provoking the disease. If there were no such situations, the infection should be suspected.
Causes of Infectious Cystitis
A common cause of cystitis are untreated or undertreated infections caused by chlamydia, mycoplasmas, ureaplasmas, gardnerella. Cystitis provoke Trichomonas, which develop as a result of sexually transmitted diseases. Pathogens cause inflammation of the bladder, causing pain, painful urination. The disease occurs due to thrush. Problem urination, a sour odor of discharge indicates this cause of inflammation.
Infection can enter the bladder area due to bowel disease. Pathogens penetrate into the body through improper washing, hygiene, urine outflow. The source of infection may be outside the pelvic organs. Inflammation provokes pulpitis, tonsillitis, furunculosis. Deprivation of the hymen becomes the cause of bladder diseases, since the entrance to the infection is open. If it was in the body in a latent form, manifested in the process of menstruation.
The causes of the disease is more than enough. Treatment must appoint a doctor. Independent measures can complicate the situation, and inflammation will become chronic.
Normalization of menstruation with cystitis - treatment
In the acute form of cystitis, antispasmodics, diuretic drugs, and antibacterial agents are prescribed. Need to:
- comply with bed rest
- drink plenty of fluids.
For severe pain, take Nosh-poo, Papaverine, Drotaverine. Pills relieve muscle spasm, which removes pain. В качестве мочегонных средств принимают готовые фитопрепараты Цистон, Канефрон, Фитолизин. Либо готовят отвары самостоятельно.For the treatment of cystitis menstruation using bearberry, kidney tea, lingonberries. A pleasant and tasty treatment for cystitis is lingonberry, blueberry, and cranberry mors. Improves the condition after urination by washing with warm water and soda. The procedure is recommended to do with each change of gasket. Tampons, menstrual cup during the treatment of cystitis is not used.
In addition, eliminate the causes of the disease. Conduct concomitant treatment of inflammation of the genital organs. Without establishing the true cause of cystitis, treatment will be ineffective. The duration of treatment for cystitis depends on the stage of the disease, its causes. The treatment must be professional.
Cystitis during monthly treatment
Like any other serious illness, cystitis should be treated only after consulting a specialist. To select the necessary medications you need to visit a urologist, and to diagnose diseases of the organs of the reproductive system, you must be examined by a gynecologist.
For the treatment of cystitis during menstruation, the following drugs are most often prescribed:
These drugs relieve inflammation in the bladder and destroy most pathogens.
Pain from cystitis, manifested together with menstruation, can significantly "knock out" for some time. For reducing pain, spasmolytic drugs are excellent: No-shpa, Papaverin.
In addition to the main treatment, medicines are prescribed with the composition of plant origin:
They have anti-inflammatory, diuretic and analgesic effects.
For the prevention of cystitis during menstruation you need:
- change gaskets as often as possible
- to wash properly (from the pubis to the anus),
- timely treat gynecological diseases,
- It is advisable not to use tampons during menstruation,
- do not supercool
When exacerbation of cystitis should be consumed a lot of water (to urinary tract washed), to ensure maximum peace. It is recommended to drink a course of vitamin complexes to raise the body's defenses.
Cystitis before menstruation, treatment
Almost every woman knows that her period is directly dependent on hormonal levels. Cystitis before the monthly reasons lie precisely in this fact. In addition, other factors also have an impact on the occurrence of the disease.
- Modified microflora. The vagina becomes most susceptible to all sorts of bacteria, which during this time period easily penetrate into the tissues of an organ,
- weakened immune system. In the process of menstruation, the body directs all its reserve forces to update the uterine lining,
- use of hygiene products. The changed microflora can give a negative reaction even to the usual components that make up the product,
- non-compliance with intimate hygiene. The inflammatory process of the genital organs is also transferred to the urinary system.
All of the above factors give an idea of why the disease occurs and why cystitis worsens before menstruation. In this period of time the woman is protected in the least way. This is due to a low level of immunity.
In order to start treating the disease as early as possible, you need to carefully study the signs of cystitis before menstruation:
- Constant desire to go to the toilet. This is especially apparent at night,
- Feeling of strong tingling in the lower abdomen,
- The pain is very reminiscent of labor,
- When urinating a woman feels an unpleasant burning sensation and pain.
Women who are ill have complaints of extreme fatigue. At the same time, physical labor is completely unnecessary.
In addition to all of the above, one of the signs of the disease is a change in the color of urine. It becomes dark, and also in it it is possible to observe foreign allocations and even particles similar to flakes.
If you have seen traces of blood or pus in the urine, immediately consult a specialist!
Important! Aggravated disease may cause involuntary urination. This fact certainly can not affect the usual way of life.
Cystitis after menstruation
The cases when the signs of cystitis and the disease itself manifest themselves after menstruation are quite common. Women do not understand what is happening because the body is completely renewed and is not as susceptible to the appearance of bacteria as during critical days. Selection may not stop, but have a dull white color.
Why after menstruation cystitis? There are several reasons for this, and they have characteristic differences than in other periods of the menstrual cycle:
- discharge can get into the bladder and cause an inflammatory process,
- irritation caused by intimate hygiene products. It is worth saying that an allergic reaction can occur instantly,
- sexually transmitted infections. Viruses and bacteria along with secretions very quickly enter the bladder,
Cystitis causes a delay in menstruation.
The fact is that the regular cycle is directly related to the normal functioning of the ovaries. If inflammation occurs in the bladder, then it will certainly affect the ovaries.
Note! The delay is possible not only at the moment when the disease was detected, but even after a complete cure. This is due not only to the fact that cystitis may subside for a while, but also with the effect of drugs on the female body.
If the disease is chronic in nature or occurs in an acute form, then a change in the endometrium is possible. Disturbed hormones have an impact on the process of separation, elimination and cell renewal.
Delayed onset of menstruation and cystitis require immediate treatment. A woman will have to undergo a blood test and undergo an ultrasound examination. The result of the inspection is likely to be a violation of the ovaries. Thus, the monthly may be one week or even a month late. As you know, women's days may not occur due to pregnancy, therefore, it should be deleted first of all.
Delayed menstruation after cystitis
Cystitis affects the monthly and this is a fact. Sometimes, after a seemingly complete recovery, menstruation does not begin again. What is the reason?
Irregularity of the cycle should alert the woman and force her to consult a doctor. Do not forget that if there are or there were sexually transmitted diseases and treatment was not carried out properly, the virus pathogens will not disappear from the body anywhere. In simple terms, they simply subside for a while, and then again make themselves felt, but in a more severe form. It is for this reason that you need to take action on time.
Cystitis is dangerous not only for the urinary system, but also for the genitals. They are in close proximity to each other and, therefore, inflammation can move from one organ to another. Even after getting rid of cystitis, other equally dangerous and unpleasant diseases can be found in women.
The disease affects not only health in general, but also the usual way of life. A woman experiences pain and discomfort and, of course, suffers stress due to the situation. There may be delayed menstruation or, on the contrary, more abundant discharge.
If you have cystitis, you do not need to self-medicate - it will only aggravate the situation. The tests and the testimony of a specialist will help you find the right treatment and improve your health.
Cystitis in front of every monthly or recurrent disease is a very serious problem that must be undoubtedly dealt with.
On a note
Very often, after the symptoms of the disease are removed, women stop treatment, which is an incorrect and, most importantly, a dangerous decision.
Often, cystitis becomes chronic, and with each exacerbation, it begins to affect the bladder mucosa more and more, which can seriously affect health.
To avoid complications of cystitis, you should not postpone the visit to the doctor. It is the doctor who can find the cause of frequent inflammations in the bladder and select the correct treatment.
The main causes of the disease
Monthly and cystitis may have a direct relationship through the pathogen of the inflammatory process. This is especially true in situations where inflammation is the result of a prolonged course of the disease, transmitted through sexual contact.
The main causes of cystitis during menstruation:
Weakening of the female immune system during menstruation. This leads to the formation of favorable conditions for the development of many infectious diseases, including cystitis.
- Hormonal failure shortly before menstruation, which adversely affects the body's resistance to various pathologies.
- Exacerbation of chronic diseases affecting the urogenital system.
- Impaired bacterial balance inside the vagina.
- Neglect of simple rules of hygiene, which leads to the beginning of the inflammatory process and the formation of beneficial soil for the reproduction of pathogenic microflora.
- If a woman has inflammation of the appendages, during menstruation this can lead to the spread of infection through the urinary canals. Ultimately, this leads to an asymptomatic form of cystitis.
Clinical manifestations of pathology
In general, the symptoms of cystitis during menstruation and without them are almost the same. Among the main manifestations of this disease are:
frequent urging to the toilet,
- pain of cutting character in the region of the lower abdomen and in the urethra when urinating,
- painful sensations that can not stop for a long time, acquiring a pulling and aching form,
- change in the smell and color of urine,
- general weakening of the body, which is expressed in constant fatigue and drowsiness,
- fever and chills with acute cystitis.
If a woman had cystitis during menstruation, this means that the infection had spread not only to the bladder and urinary tract, but also to the appendages. Often in such cases, shortly before menstruation, lumps of pus can be released from the vagina, which will mix with blood when menstruation occurs.
Cystitis in the period of ovulation - is it possible
After menstruation ends, the immune system in women is under severe stress. It is for this reason that pathogenic microorganisms easily penetrate into the organs of the urogenital system. Cystitis in such conditions appears against the background of general suppression of the immune system and the rapid development of pathogenic microflora.
If a woman’s ovulation ends in pregnancy, then increasing the size of the uterus increases the pressure on the bladder every day. In such conditions, due to the increase in blood flow to the organs in the pelvis, the risk of penetration of pathogenic bacteria that cause cystitis during ovulation increases.
Bladder Inflammation Therapy
After identifying the exact cause of the disease, the doctor prescribes the patient a list of drugs aimed at the treatment of cystitis during menstruation. The overall effectiveness of treatment directly depends on compliance with this condition.
If during menstruation or after them, cystitis has arisen due to the pathogenic effect of pathogenic bacteria, then the doctor may attribute to the patient the administration of antibiotics with a broad spectrum of action. This will help suppress the reproduction and spread of painful microflora.
No-shpa and papaverine is often used to relieve pain. The course of antibiotics is prescribed by the attending physician individually, based on the existing clinical picture.
In addition to antibiotics, painkillers and anti-inflammatory drugs, a woman may be prescribed a drug like Canephron. It has a general anti-inflammatory effect, and also helps to reduce pain in the lower abdomen.
In addition to the use of medical methods of treatment of cystitis, the patient is recommended to undergo a warm-up procedure. True, it is worth considering that this type of physiotherapy is permissible to use only after the full completion of menstruation.
Folk treatment of the disease
To relieve inflammation of the bladder, it is recommended to drink a decoction of dried rosehip berries. For the preparation of such a healing broth, you will need about 12 wild rose berries, which are poured with a glass of boiling water and infused in a thermos for an hour. This popular method is recommended by most urologists.
Similar in its effect infusion can be prepared not from the berries, but from the root of the hips. To do this, on one glass of boiling water add two tablespoons of ground dried rosehip root.
The resulting mixture should be boiled for an additional 10-15 minutes and let it brew for about three hours. To obtain a therapeutic effect, the decoction should be consumed about 5 times a day, one tablespoon.
During the period of menstruation a good effect in the treatment of cystitis gives a decoction of lingonberry leaves. This folk remedy for the treatment of cystitis is prepared very simply. It is necessary to fill a glass of boiling water with two tablespoons of crushed dried leaves of lingonberries. After that, the resulting mixture should be boiled for 10 minutes and let stand for several hours. Strained broth should be consumed in one teaspoon 5 times a day. This tool is excellent not only with cystitis, but also with jade.
Disease Prevention Tips
At the heart of the prevention of cystitis during menstruation is respect for the basic principles of personal hygiene women. It is necessary to wash regularly, not allowing the penetration of pathogenic microflora from the anus to the urethra and vagina. To do this, it is enough to make movements when washing from front to back.
With menstruation, the issue of personal hygiene becomes even more important. Ideally, you need to wash yourself after every urination or at least 2-3 times a day. In addition, experts recommend as often as possible to change the pads and tampons. This will help eliminate the possibility of reproduction of pathogenic bacteria.
In general, it is recommended to eliminate the use of tampons whenever possible, as they lead to blood stagnation and microorganism multiplication. Often, cystitis immediately before menstruation occurs in those women who have certain problems with appendages. It is for this reason that it is important to be examined by a gynecologist, even if the symptoms of the disease have passed.