Before or after menstruation, women experience severe discomfort associated with the activity of the Candida fungus. Without proper treatment, pathogenic microorganisms receive complete freedom, and the disease becomes chronic. To prevent this, you should take into account some features of the flow of thrush against the background of menstruation.
- Reducing the body's defenses.
- Fluctuations hormonal background.
- Non-compliance with personal hygiene.
- After taking antibiotics.
- Use ordinary soap for washing.
- The use of synthetic hygiene products.
- Use someone else's towels and underwear.
Before the arrival of menstruation, a woman experiences severe weakness, is exposed to negative external factors. Particularly sensitive are the genitals, where the pathogen easily takes root.
Against the background of blood excretion, the fungus actively reproduces, and immediately after the menstruation appears. Contribute to this process and fluctuations in hormone levels, which is associated with the nature of the cycle.
Due to the rare change of gaskets and tampons increases the risk of developing thrush. Fungi get the perfect environment for growth, which increases discomfort.
The problems are caused by the following factors:
- The use of tampons and pads with flavors and fragrances.
- The use of gaskets made of synthetic materials.
- Rare washing and untimely change of underwear.
Regular soap is not suitable for daily hygiene, and during menstruation its use becomes a trigger for failure. Often, fungi are in the body before menstruation, and weakening of the immune system provokes exacerbation.
During the monthly yellowish discharge imperceptible, and after the woman pays attention to them.
Signs of the disease and its danger to the body
Depending on the individual characteristics, thrush begins either before menstruation, or after them.
The woman is worried about the following signs of the disease:
- Pain in the lower abdomen.
- Yellow or white discharge.
- Unpleasant smell.
- Inflammation and redness of the genitals.
- Severe itching in the perineum.
Negative symptoms are aggravated after menstruation, when wearing tight underwear, urinating, or after sexual contact. Without proper exposure, the disease becomes chronic, and it becomes painful for the woman to walk and sit in certain positions.
Other pathologies of the pelvic organs often join thrush, and inflammatory processes occur. On the background of candidiasis possible delay of menstruation or increase their duration.
If thrush has passed after menstruation, you can not relax. The disease persisted, and only part of the symptoms disappeared.
Sometimes after menstruation, all signs of candidiasis disappear, so patients postpone a visit to the gynecologist. In such cases, the fungi only reduce their activity for a time, until the next favorable moment.
The disease quickly becomes chronic, which is facilitated by the following circumstances:
- Frequent change of sexual partners.
- Contact with fungal carrier.
- Use someone else's towels and linen.
- Frequent overcooling and overheating.
- The presence of chronic diseases.
- Abuse of sweet food.
If there is a source of inflammation in the body, it is necessary to take a closer look at your own health. It is imperative to treat caries, pathologies of the gastrointestinal tract, in order to prevent the weakening of the body's defenses. In the cold season, you should go for practical, warm clothes, and not walk around in short skirts and thin pantyhose.
If every month there is a thrush, it is urgent to consult a gynecologist.
Even with several symptoms, it is recommended to visit a specialist to rule out other diseases. In chronic course, candidiasis becomes a cause of failure of the menstrual cycle, which complicates the onset of pregnancy.
Treatment of candidiasis
Sometimes women doubt whether the thrush passes on its own after menstruation. The gynecologist will accurately report that the disease will not disappear without a corresponding impact.
It will return again and again, provoking all the new negative changes in the body. To avoid problems, you should pass inspection by a specialist. He will select the necessary methods of exposure that will be effective and safe.
Treatment most often involves the use of:
- Vaginal suppositories.
To restore the local microflora in the vagina, vaginal suppositories are introduced at night. They are selected by the attending physician on the basis of examination and tests.
Most popular the following suppositories and suppositories:
Of ointments clotrimazole is actively used. It is applied to the genitals for 5-7 days after complying with all hygiene procedures. Sometimes the drug is used longer, until the symptoms disappear. Of the pills consumed Nizoral or Trichopol, which suggest a course of treatment.
All drugs are prescribed by a gynecologist, taking into account the age of the patient, the presence of concomitant diagnoses and possible allergic reactions.
Traditional medicine recommends douching and baths with medicinal herbs. Usually brew soda, chamomile, oak bark or train. Then the broth is cooled to a comfortable temperature and produce the appropriate procedures.
Douches and baths perfectly complement the main treatment chosen by the gynecologist. Self-treatment can provoke complications, which then have to be treated for years.
To avoid an unpleasant disease, it is necessary to undergo medical examinations once a year and follow the advice of the gynecologist. Excellent results are obtained by taking vitamin complexes and mineral supplements in combination with sports activities.
With a healthy lifestyle, proper nutrition and personal hygiene, the likelihood of developing thrush after menstruation is minimal.
The cause of candidiasis after menstruation
Why does thrush appear after menstruation and before them? This question interests many representatives of the beautiful half of humanity.
Experts explain this condition by the fact that during menstruation, the female body becomes vulnerable to many factors from the outside. And the reason for this is a decrease in the protective functions of immunity. In view of what, during the period of menstruation should be especially careful to monitor personal hygiene.
As a rule, the causes of candidiasis are several:
- Hypothermia. After the end of the month for the next week, you need to protect your own body from hypothermia,
- Failure to follow the simplest rules of hygiene. For washing away the intimate zone it is worth using only special sparing gels. And the usual means to eliminate, since they destroy not only harmful microbes, but also useful microflora,
- Use of personal care products made from synthetic fibers. Detailed products irritation. Therefore, it is better to purchase gaskets with a smooth natural surface and without fragrances.
In addition, if you begin to disturb the thrush after menstruation, the reasons may be covered in poorly washed underwear or bedding, as well as in the use of dirty towels.
To eliminate the above factors, a woman should take more care of her own health, strengthen the immune system and carefully choose personal hygiene items.
Signs of thrush
Depending on the individual physiological characteristics of the representative of the beautiful half of humanity, candidiasis can be disturbed not only before the menstrual periods, but also after them.
The symptomatology of this pathology will be as follows:
In addition, such discomfort tends to intensify at the end of menstruation. The reason for this is the wearing of clothes made of synthetic or cramped products.
Against the background of thrush often fails menstruation. May increase the duration of discharge or occur their delay.
If we do not take timely measures to eliminate the pathology in question, there is a high probability that it will acquire a chronic form. Moreover, inflammation of the small pelvis can join this disease.
Can candidiasis go after menstruation
Often, representatives of the beautiful half of humanity are wondering if a thrush can go after menstruation? Often, you can see such a picture, as with the end of menstruation, the symptoms of the pathology under consideration completely disappear.
In fact, the disease did not go away, but only went through its main symptoms. Given this feature, you should not postpone the visit to the gynecologist.
As a rule, after a monthly fungal candidiasis can reduce its activity. But it is literally for the time being. Moreover, the asymptomatic course of the pathology is much more dangerous, since there is a possibility of the conversion of candidiasis into the chronic form.
And the following contributes to this:
- leading a promiscuous sex life with frequent changes of partners
- intimate contact with the carrier of candidiasis fungi,
- regular overheating or overcooling of the body,
- the presence of chronic pathologies
- excessive consumption of sugary foods.
To avoid the manifestation of candidiasis, it is recommended to carefully treat your own body. If there is caries, it must be treated, this also applies to other diseases, including the intestines.
The main task of a woman is not to let the immune system weaken. Well, in the case when a thrush appeared during menstruation, you should immediately visit a specialist.
Features of candidiasis during menstruation
Such a question as thrush after menstruation, why it arises, we have discussed above.
Now it is worthwhile to find out in more detail what the difference is between candidiasis that occurs before and after menstruation:
- Before the onset of monthly discharge, they acquire a copious type, compared with the discharge after menstruation. The reason for this condition is that together with the menstrual secretions, harmful bacteria come out that cannot be detected with the naked eye,
- Most often, an unpleasant burning sensation, which is the first sign of thrush, is disturbed during or after menstruation,
- Severe pain, characteristic of thrush, can occur both before menstruation and after them.
In the period of monthly therapy to eliminate the considered fungus is not performed. Treatment is started only after the end of the discharge.
Most women believe candidiasis can go away on its own. In fact, this statement is wrong. No pathology disappears without a trace and independently.
Therefore, when such symptoms appear, it is recommended to seek help for proper therapy.
If you do not treat candidiasis, he will return again and again, causing more and more dangerous changes in the female body. Therefore, to avoid negative consequences, it is recommended to be examined by a gynecologist and tested.
Based on the data obtained, therapeutic therapy is prescribed, most often including the following:
Each of the listed medicines has a high effect in the therapeutic complex. Therefore, their reception is required.
The use of ointments
To eliminate inflammation in the upper zone of the genital organs, Clotrimazole ointment is indicated. This tool is applied to the inflamed surface several times a day. In this case, you must strictly adhere to all hygiene procedures.
An ointment is used until all the symptoms disappear completely. However, here again you need to focus. Prescribe this ointment should be a specialist who will control the treatment.
Taking pills and vitamin complexes
To therapy was effective, it is supplemented with pills. The following medications are most often recommended:
Drugs in pills are prescribed taking into account the age category and individual tolerance of the funds. With regard to vitamin complexes, the optimal options will also recommend the attending physician.
Traditional methods of treatment of candidiasis
You can fight thrush with douching and baths based on herbal decoctions. As a rule, the following plants are used for these purposes:
Oak bark is considered a very effective tool. However, it is possible to conduct douching with a decoction on this raw material for no more than 5 days.
It is worth noting, despite the effectiveness of folk methods, they should not replace the main drug therapy. Moreover, their use should be coordinated with your doctor and not self-medicate.
Unfortunately, candidiasis is a frequent companion of representatives of the beautiful half of humanity, especially after the menstrual cycle.
Therefore, in order to prevent the occurrence of unpleasant pathology, it is recommended to adhere to the following preventive measures:
- strengthen the immune system
- to refuse from bad habits,
- make a schedule of rest and work correctly, and stick to it,
- monitor hygiene and use only quality products for critical and everyday days.
These simple rules will help avoid the occurrence of candidiasis and protect the female body from negative consequences. Therefore, do not ignore them.
What is vaginal candidiasis
The fungus Candida, which causes thrush, constantly dwells in the vagina without creating problems. It is part of the microflora and is contained in it in a certain, moderate amount. It begins to increase rapidly with a decrease in the body's defenses. And this, in turn, leads to treatment with antibiotics, severe emotional stress, chronic fatigue, climate change and other factors. And then the woman begins to notice the cheesy discharge on the clothes, swelling of the external genital organs, itching, burning.
With thrush sex life gives not only discomfort, but also pain. In addition, at such times with unprotected sex, the partner infects her man.
Treat or ...
Many women may experience mild vaginal candidiasis. But this does not mean that the disease should not be treated. If its signs are ignored or hoped for, it will just temporarily subside and become chronic. This means that at the slightest hypothermia, for example, or stress, the thrush will remind itself again. And this will happen all the time, because the chronic course of the disease is an alternation of remissions and relapses.
It is worth noting that vaginal candidiasis is associated with the menstrual cycle. It can begin during the ovulation period, when progesterone levels rise, which promotes the growth of fungi, as well as during menstruation, when favorable conditions for the growth of fungi are created in the vagina.
Gynecologists explain that you need to treat thrush. But during the period of menstruation can not use candles, but the strengthening of immunity - the best option. You can begin to take vitamin complexes or immunostimulants, for example, tincture of Echinacea purpurea. And after the end of menstruation, you can use suppositories or vaginal tablets. Many women choose pharmacy drugs because they want to get rid of the symptoms of vaginal candidiasis as soon as possible. Others prefer more benign treatments - folk remedies. Among them are syringing soda, baths with iodine, tampons with kefir. Such methods of dealing with vaginal candidiasis are allowed during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
How to increase the effectiveness of treatment
Many women believe that the miraculous vaginal tablet quickly and permanently save them from the unpleasant signs of thrush. But in fact, the patient herself must make an effort to ensure that the therapy is effective. Specialists in this regard make such recommendations:
- For the period of treatment, it is necessary to refrain from sexual contact or, in extreme cases, use a condom.
- Do not wear underwear made of synthetic fabrics and thongs. It should be free, quality, breathable. Temporarily forget about the mixers.
- Limit the use of sweet, flour (especially yeast baking), fat. The excess of carbohydrates creates a favorable soil for the reproduction of the fungus.
- Discard antibacterial or perfumed soap for the period of treatment of thrush. It is better to use the usual childish. It is also recommended to forget about sprays, fragrances for the perineum for a while - such drugs do not contribute to treatment.
- Use good quality toilet paper. Cheap irritates mucous membranes.
- Take time to visit a gynecologist. He will be able to choose the right medicine, after making sure that the patient is really thrush, and not another disease with similar symptoms.
So, thrush after menstruation passes, if you do her treatment, use local preparations and means to strengthen the immune system.
Features of vaginal candidiasis
In order to find out the causes of the development of thrush after menstruation, it is necessary to understand the etiology of the disease. Ежемесячные выделения являются предрасполагающим фактором вагинального кандидоза, что связано со следующими особенностями развития дрожжеподобной микрофлоры и строения женского организма:
- During menstruation, the mucous membranes of the female genital organs become friable, which is a good medium for the progression of fungal disease.
- There is a violation of the hormonal level in the body, which is fraught with the appearance of whitish discharge with a sour smell.
- Yeast microflora is progressing with frequent hygiene procedures using hygiene products.
- Failure to follow personal hygiene also leads to the development of thrush. Sanitary pads should be changed every 4-5 hours.
Among the predisposing factors can be identified weakening of the protective functions of the body and taking antibacterial drugs. For successful treatment of thrush, you must first find out the causes of the disease.
Symptoms of thrush after menstruation
Many girls are interested in whether thrush can appear after menstruation and what symptoms in this case is accompanied by the disease. Most often, vaginal candidiasis after the end of menstrual discharge is hidden.
Manifestation of thrush after menstruation with the following symptoms:
- Burning and itching during urination and wearing tight linen or clothing.
- Whitish curd-like discharge with a sour odor.
- Hyperemia and characteristic swelling in the area of the external genital organs.
- Pain and discomfort during sexual intercourse.
Even with the appearance of 1-2 signs of vaginal candidiasis, it is recommended to consult with a gynecologist. Only a specialist can make the correct diagnosis, based on the results of the diagnosis.
If you do not begin to take action in the early stages of the progression of fungal microflora, then there are risks of the disease going into a chronic stage of development. For such a course of candidiasis is characterized by worsening symptoms of the disease every month during the period after menstruation. In this case, the treatment of vaginal candidiasis takes a lot of time and without the use of complex drug therapy with the use of synthetic drugs is necessary.
Features of thrush during menstruation
Why the thrush begins after menstruation, we found out. Now it is necessary to figure out the difference between vaginal candidiasis, previous and subsequent menstrual discharge:
- Before critical days, whitish discharge is more intense than after. This is due to the fact that, together with blood clots, part of the pathogenic microflora comes out, while remaining unnoticed.
- Burning is one of the main symptoms of vaginal candidiasis, which can be present before, during and after menstruation. In its presence, there can be no doubt about the presence of fungal microflora in the body.
- The pain syndrome caused by the predominance of bacterial microflora is characteristic of vaginal candidiasis and may occur before and after menstruation.
Many believe that after menstruation, thrush can pass by itself, this opinion is erroneous. No disease passes without a trace on its own. Vaginal candidiasis requires competent drug therapy. However, during the menstruation period, the treatment of fungal disease is not carried out. Vaginal candidiasis can cause an increase in the duration of menstruation and the development of the inflammatory process in the area of organs located in the pelvis.
Modern pharmacology offers us a wide range of effective medicines developed on the basis of synthetic or natural ingredients. Treatment should begin as early as possible. It is necessary to take measures after primary symptomatology of a thrush. This should happen only under the supervision of a qualified doctor.
For the complete cure of thrush should be used systemic drugs and tools intended for local application to the mucous membrane affected by the fungus. Vaginal suppositories, whose effectiveness is aimed at removing the signs of the disease and eliminating the causes of its development, are in great demand.
Due to the fact that the body of each woman is different, drugs should be prescribed by a qualified doctor after taking a number of necessary tests. Without prior diagnosis, it is difficult to prescribe an effective treatment if a woman’s body is infected with a fungus of the genus Candida.
The following medications are recommended for the treatment of vaginal candidiasis after menstruation:
- "Zalain." This drug has a visible advantage - one-time use. It is highly effective and can be used as a preventive measure for thrush even during menstruation. You should take the medicine only after consulting a doctor, otherwise there are big risks of developing complications such as allergies.
- "Livarol". Most often used in the initial forms of thrush. The drug has rapid efficacy and has virtually no adverse reactions. This medicine is also widely used during menstruation and after the end of bleeding to prevent and treat vaginal candidiasis in women.
- "Clotrimazole". Vaginal suppositories are recommended to lay before menstruation or immediately after the discharge is over. The drug, despite its high efficiency and a sparing effect on the body, is of low cost.
- "Diflucan". Tableted drug can eliminate the causes and symptoms of the disease. Be sure to consult your doctor before using it. With it, you can get rid of vaginal candidiasis quickly enough.
- "Pimafucin". Antifungal remedy for local use is a safe remedy, so it can be used without consulting a doctor in order to alleviate the symptoms of vaginal candidiasis. Please note that with its help it is impossible to completely restore the natural microflora of the vagina and get rid of the fungus Candida. Experts recommend using the drug in combination with drugs that have systemic effects on the body.
Thrush after menstruation is a frequent companion of girls and women. In order to prevent the development of vaginal candidiasis, it is recommended to strengthen the immune system, eliminate bad habits and normalize the daily regimen. A woman should carefully monitor personal hygiene and use only proven and safe sanitary pads and tampons if even the slightest suspicion of the presence of vaginal candidiasis appears, it is recommended to seek help from a doctor who will diagnose and, if necessary, prescribe effective medical treatment.
To improve the effectiveness of drug therapy, it is recommended to carefully monitor personal hygiene and follow a special diet, which provides for the rejection of sugary and yeast-containing foods. It is recommended to include a large amount of fruits and vegetables in the diet. It is advisable to eat seafood every day that helps naturally normalize the body's hormonal level.
What to do? How to defeat the infection and at the same time do not harm yourself? The famous blogger Irina Kravtsova became hostage to the disease and told us about the most effective home method for getting rid of thrush in 14 days! Read the article >>>
What causes candidiasis after the menstrual cycle?
During menstruation, the female body is very vulnerable to various external factors: bleeding leads to a weakening of local immunity, hormonal changes. These factors favor the yeast Candida, which leads to the development of the disease. That is why thrush often overtakes a woman during this period.
Among the main causes of disease progression during menstruation:
- hypothermia Immediately after the critical days, a woman should take care of herself: refuse to wear short skirts and clothes made of thin fabrics (especially in cold weather),
- ignoring the rules of personal hygiene. The patient should take a regular shower (twice a day). For washing, it is recommended to use special tools for intimate hygiene. Traditional soap or shower gel eliminates the "beneficial" bacteria of the vagina, which leads to the development of candidiasis,
- wearing sanitary pads made of synthetic materials. The top layer of the hygiene article should not be hard or covered with a mesh. Preference should be given to gaskets with a soft surface and without fragrances (they can lead to a sharp allergic reaction, as a result of which there is a thrush),
- use of common (non-abrasive) pastel linen, towels.
Attention! In order to protect the body from adverse environmental factors during critical days, special attention should be paid to strengthening the immune system.
After the end of menstruation, a woman suffering from thrush, notice a much larger amount of whitish discharge. The reason for this is the release of the share of pathogenic flora from the vagina along with blood clots. Another alarming symptom that clearly indicates the spread of the fungus is an increased burning sensation. This can also be attributed, and a pronounced pain during and after menstruation. The patient also notices the prolonged nature of the critical days.
The question of the advisability of taking therapeutic measures
If the disease worsens during menstruation, can the thrush pass by itself? Some of the weaker sex believe that menstrual blood washes away pathogens. It is a myth!
In the case of a mild form of the disease, the symptoms of candidiasis may subside a bit, the patient's condition will improve. However, pathogenic fungi will not disappear anywhere - a woman will again face a pressing problem. The danger lies in the likely risk of exacerbation of the situation: the disease will manifest itself with greater force, develop into a chronic form.
Consequently, the treatment course for detecting signs of thrush after menstruation is necessary for the patient.
The actions of the patient before going to the doctor
Before seeking medical advice, a woman should follow a number of recommendations. These tips will help the patient not to aggravate the current situation. So, it is necessary:
- to completely abandon intimacy (especially unprotected intercourse),
- to treat the external genitalia with baby powder to reduce the manifestations of pain,
- follow the nutrition (refuse sweet, spicy, pastry with yeast),
- regularly perform water procedures in the genital area,
- reduce physical activity (with the release of sweat begins the process of reproduction of the fungus),
- eliminate tampons by replacing them with gaskets.
Important! Following the above recommendations alone is not able to cure the patient. Rescue women in drug therapy and a number of related measures carried out as part of the treatment course.
Features of treatment
To drug therapy for thrush should be resorted to immediately after the end of menstruation. Depending on the specifics of the clinical case, the gynecologist decides on the features of therapy. Usually the treatment course includes:
- taking medicines (various forms of release),
In conjunction with drug therapy, they often resort to douching. For these purposes, using anti-inflammatory herbal teas. Among the possible: a series, celandine, chamomile and a number of others. Herbs are used both separately and in combination.
Particularly effective is the tandem of oak bark and chamomile - the flowers relieve signs of irritation and inflammation, and the bark has an astringent effect.
To prepare the broth, you need to use a water bath. In the amount of 200 g of water, put 1 tablespoon of each ingredient, boil for 10 minutes, cool, squeeze the liquid and bring to ½ liter with boiled water.
Cooked broth let in the vagina. You can process them external genitals. Before and after the procedure, wash the syringe with boiled water.
Read more about therapeutic diet.
If you believe the statistics, thrush goes much faster when a special diet is connected to the above mentioned therapeutic measures. Immediately determine which products are in the list of undesirable. Among them:
- coffee, alcohol, tea, sweet drinks,
- various sweets
- soy sauce, ketchup, mayonnaise,
- smoked, fried, fatty dishes, canned food, convenience foods.
It is not enough just to exclude products that promote the spread of the fungus. It is necessary to ensure the supply of food that supports the body during the period of treatment. Among the recommended products to use:
- fresh and steamed vegetables, savory fruits, cereals, legumes, fish, poultry,
- lemon, lingonberry,
- cinnamon, bay leaf, garlic,
- carrot juice, seaweed,
- seafood, natural yogurt, linseed oil, sesame, pumpkin seeds.
In addition to adjusting the menu, it is necessary to adhere to the principles of their integrated and separate reception. For example, with carbohydrates, it is preferable to use fresh vegetables.
It is important to respect the water regime. The daily rate of pure water (not counting juices, tea, coffee and other things) is 1.5-2 liters. It is necessary to drink 15-20 minutes before a meal or 60 minutes after a meal. Wash down food is not recommended.
Experts advise that such a diet be maintained throughout the entire course of treatment and for 2–3 weeks after its completion.
Important! To thrush quickly passed, in no case should not starve. This approach will only aggravate the situation: the stress that the body experiences during fasting leads to a weakening of the immune system.
Folk recipes to help
In combination with the main methods of treatment of thrush, which appeared after menstruation, you can apply recipes of traditional medicine. The following are the most popular and effective ones:
- iodine, water and soda. In water (1 liter) dissolve 1 teaspoon of soda, pour the solution into the basin and sit in it for half an hour. Water left in the pelvis. On the next day, repeat this procedure, only add 1 liter of boiled water, the same amount of soda and 1 teaspoon of iodine. We again sit in the basin for half an hour. Repeat the procedure for 2 days until the elimination of the characteristic symptoms,
- salt, soda and iodine. In 1 liter of boiling water, dissolve 2 tablespoons of salt, boil the solution for 2-3 minutes, cool to 40 degrees, add 1 tablespoon of soda, 12 drops of iodine. We sprinkle twice a day in the morning and evening for 5 days,
- carrot juice. We drink freshly squeezed carrot juice in the amount of 200-400 ml daily before meals,
- garlic water. We rub 2 garlic cloves of medium size, pour the component with boiled water (hot), let cool and douche. You can use an alternative treatment option: we moisten a swab in garlic juice and inject it into the vagina at bedtime and in the morning. The course of treatment is 10-14 days,
- tandem borax and glycerin. Prepare a mixture of ingredients in a 1: 1 ratio. The resulting composition is applied to the swab and place it deep in the vagina overnight.
It is possible the manifestation of an allergic reaction to the means of traditional medicine. If in the process of using "grandmother's medicine" allergy symptoms appear (rash, burning, redness), it is necessary to stop the treatment and consult a specialist.
So that the development of the disease after the next menstruation does not start again, women who have undergone a therapeutic course should resort to the following therapeutic measures:
- use barrier remedies (condoms) for sexual intercourse with a non-regular partner,
- undergo a medical examination for the presence of hidden infections
- do not have an intimate relationship with a person suffering from thrush,
- give up bad habits: excessive drinking and smoking,
- eliminate rigid diets that lead to depletion and weakening of the immune system,
- daily resort to hygienic procedures,
- eliminate frequent douching: in the process not only pathogenic microorganisms are washed out, but also those necessary for the body,
- to avoid wearing linen from synthetic fabrics,
- avoid the greenhouse effect in the genital area: thoroughly wipe the genitals after a shower, do not stay for a long time in a wet bathing suit,
- take anti-yeast agents if antibiotic use is needed,
- try not to take hormonal drugs.
Thrush after menstruation threatens a woman with the same as in the case of the development of the disease in any other period of the cycle. The only difference is the most likely development of the disease at this “critical” moment for the female body. Only a few intensified symptoms in the first days after menstruation can produce a developing sore. Treatment of thrush in this case, as in other circumstances, is necessary and aimed at the destruction of the pathogenic fungus, the elimination of the products of its vital activity and the strengthening of the immune system of the woman.
Concept of thrush
Thrush or candidiasis is a fungal disease that is caused by yeast-like fungi of the genus Candida. Известно несколько разновидностей этих микроорганизмов, причем большинство представителей этого рода являются частью нормальной микрофлоры влагалища и кишечника.In medicine, there is such a thing - “conditionally pathogenic organisms”, and this status is assigned to candida. That is, normally a small amount of fungi occurs in every person (both women and men). Nor are we talking about the disease, with the normal microflora balance, all its “participants” interact with each other in a certain way:
- they are symbionts for each other (they use for their life a variety of symbiosis - mutualism or commensalism),
- reinforce each other's action (synergism).
Such coexistence provides for the regulation of the number of each species, in particular, does not allow opportunistic organisms to actively develop and provoke diseases. That is, we are talking about the physiological norm in a healthy body.
But due to certain reasons, the balance can be disturbed, control over the reproduction of fungi is lost, as a result, thrush begins or worsens (the disease can occur both in acute and in chronic form). A small increase in the colony can give the characteristic symptoms, which disappears, since the immune response is enough to suppress, destroy the "excess" of the fungus and normalize the microflora. There are several signs of thrush that can appear both during menstruation and other phases of the cycle:
- burning and / or itching (the last symptom is considered one of the main manifestations of thrush),
- the appearance of an unpleasant sour smell,
- discharge of “cheesy” type (characteristic symptom),
- small painful sensations that increase with urination or after sexual intercourse.
Any of the symptoms may appear alone or in combination with others. If the discomfort lasts more than one or two days, then we are talking about the development of a disease with which the body cannot cope on its own.
What causes active reproduction of fungi? Often becomes the cause of the development of thrush:
- drugs: antibiotics destroy the microflora, and hormonal agents lead to an imbalance of hormones, which can affect its composition,
- high blood sugar concentration: can be caused by both a disease (diabetes mellitus) and dietary habits, stress and some other factors,
- reduced immunity: does not allow the body to respond promptly and efficiently to the initial stage of development of thrush,
- infectious and venereal gynecological pathologies: create a favorable background for the development of fungus,
- unprotected sex with a man suffering from candidiasis: new strains can be transmitted that will change the microflora balance,
- non-compliance with hygiene or its excess: the first option is dangerous (a favorable environment is created), and the second - those organisms that suppress and control fungal colonies are washed out.
As you can see, the appearance of thrush provoke a variety of factors, the etiology of the disease is not directly related to infection or monthly. There are just a number of reasons provoking the activity of microorganisms. So why on the “critical days” the disease manifests itself more often? There are a number of indirect reasons that explain this phenomenon, consider them.
The relationship between menstruation and thrush
Although thrush and menses are not directly related, there is an indirect relationship. The menstrual cycle is divided into several periods, each of which is controlled by a certain type of hormone. Immediately after the end of menstruation, the process of maturation of the egg begins, then it leaves the ovary and moves to the uterus, which is prepared in a certain way for a possible pregnancy. If fertilization has not occurred, the uterus returns to its normal state, and the unfertilized egg cell is torn and removed from the body. The last stage is accompanied by exfoliation of the surface layer of the endometrium, which is thickened in the first phase. It is exfoliation that causes bleeding, that is, menstruation begins. Each stage is characterized by a certain concentration of hormones. Before menstruation, there is a decrease in estrogen and an increase in progesterones, which can affect the balance of microflora.
Changes in hormonal levels in a certain way affects both the reproductive system as a whole and the work of the female body (a well-known example is nervousness during PMS, which is explained by the effect of hormones on the nervous system).
The appearance of thrush before or during menstruation is not surprising, this is explained by the following factors:
- hormonal background before menstruation is most favorable for the reproduction of the fungus,
- in the same period there is a short-term decrease in immunity,
- Increased mucus and bleeding become the ideal environment for the development of a fungal colony.
In the normal functioning of the body, there may be a short-term, almost imperceptible reaction to the menstruation - the number of microorganisms slightly increases, but does not cause symptoms. But if there is a history of chronic thrush, its exacerbation during menstruation is almost guaranteed. Here it should be clarified: the normal microflora is balanced, the presence of Candida (even a little more) does not provoke the disease. If the fungus actively reproduces, spreads and causes characteristic symptoms, then we are talking about pathology. In the future, if untreated, thrush can:
- sharpen and fade,
- cause other pathologies: cystitis, cervicitis, urethritis.
We should also consider the relationship of thrush and delayed menstruation. Lack of bleeding in a timely manner can be caused by:
- taking drugs prescribed for the treatment of candidiasis,
- hormonal changes associated with pregnancy or menopause.
In the first case we are talking about the delay caused by drugs, after their cancellation the cycle will be restored. In the second - the delay is caused by natural causes, and a change in the balance of hormones causes aggravation (not vice versa). Let us consider in more detail why menstruation often becomes provoking factors for the development of pathology or the manifestation of the symptoms of a chronic disease.
Causes of exacerbation
There are factors that influence in a certain way on the reproduction of conditionally pathogenic microorganisms. Some can be classified as general (for example, the presence of a chronic hormone-dependent disease - diabetes mellitus), others can be called specific - they are associated with the physiological processes of the female body during menstruation, during their preparation or immediately after the end of bleeding.
Reproductive function is a complex regulation mechanism. Its violation can provoke the development of a number of pathologies, including the symptoms of chronic diseases that were previously absent. But even in the normal menstrual cycle, there are so-called “phases of risk”, when a change in hormonal balance and related physiological phenomena can cause both the disease itself and its exacerbation.
It should be understood that menstruation is not the cause of thrush, but only a "favorable" time for its occurrence. If we add to this one more - two risk factors, then the chance for the manifestation of candidiasis increases.
This disease is among those that are easy to prevent, if you accurately understand the etiology of its occurrence. Therefore, consider the reasons that can provoke it.
Thrush before menstruation may occur or worsen against the background of completely natural processes:
- A decrease in estrogen concentration and an increase in progesterone is the physiological norm a few days before the onset of menstruation. This change in hormonal balance explains this phenomenon as premenstrual syndrome, weakened immunity, and is considered as an agent provocateur of the active development of Candida fungi,
- Increased vaginal secretions - the environment becomes more favorable,
- A slightly weakened immunity is the reason why the body can not cope with the increased number of microorganisms, as a result, the colony begins to multiply more actively, provoking the appearance of characteristic symptoms.
That is, every month there is a risk of disease, but this will require additional effects, such as taking antibiotics that disturb the microflora balance.
If candidiasis is chronic, then an aggravation can be expected during this period of the menstrual cycle. Moreover, at its end (after stabilization of the hormonal background), the symptoms may subside and not manifest until the next premenstrual period. Therefore, if a thrush begins, it should be treated qualitatively, so that this stage can pass without such manifestations.
Thrush for menstruation may begin as a result of:
- the emergence of a more favorable environment for the reproduction of microorganisms,
- excess hygiene. During this period, hygiene procedures are often carried out more often 2 times, using soaps, gels or special means for intimate hygiene. As a result, beneficial microorganisms that control the development of pathogenic,
- the use of flavored pads - perfumes can change the acidity of the mucous membranes of the external genital organs,
- use of tampons: in case of late replacement, conditions are created for the activity of fungal flora.
Aggravated thrush can be triggered by additional risk factors already mentioned. For example, every woman knows that during a period of bleeding, hypothermia should be avoided, as the ability to chill the reproductive organs increases. And the beginning of the inflammatory process can be an additional provocative factor.
Thrush after menstruation can also worsen. This is due to the so-called "residual effects": the balance of hormones and immunity is restored gradually, the body in the early days is quite vulnerable. Therefore, immediately after menstruation, hypothermia should be avoided; no hygienic aromatized pads should be used “for every day”, etc.
Many are interested in whether it is possible to use candles during menstruation. Since local treatment may become less effective during bleeding, it is recommended to start it either before or after the menstrual period. An exception can be called a situation where a woman has already started the course and began to use candles, and critical days began a few days earlier. Interrupting therapy in such cases is not worth it, but to achieve the desired result you will need:
- insert a vaginal suppository immediately after hygiene measures,
- after that, take a horizontal position and not get up for 30 minutes,
- choose at the time of treatment gaskets without flavors.
The use of suppositories for thrush involves a course of 7 or 10 days, the ideal time is the period immediately after the end of menstrual bleeding.
With a stable cycle, you can start therapy before it, but so as to finish a couple of days before menstruation. In any case, before starting local treatment, you should visit the gynecologist and consult him when choosing a drug.
Effective candles from thrush during menstruation:
These and other drugs are usually included in the complex therapy: they can be used together with tablets (in advanced cases), with immunostimulants and means of preventing dysbacteriosis.
Instead of vaginal suppositories, special gels are allowed as local therapy:
They are also better to use in the period after menstruation to achieve the desired effect (after consultation with a specialist).
Consider what you can treat thrush at any time, regardless of the menstrual cycle. Tablets drugs - an effective means of therapy. They will help get rid of the disease, in some cases it is enough to take one pill. They are prescribed as an independent medicine, and for systemic complex therapy (together with local preparations, immunostimulants and drugs for dysbacteriosis). Tactics are determined by the doctor, his consultation is necessary, since the pills have a number of contraindications.
It is possible to cure the disease with the help of such medicines as:
These and other antifungal drugs can quickly and effectively eliminate the main cause of the disease - an excess of the fungus Candida.
To treat thrush should be one of the above methods, which is appointed by the gynecologist after the examination of the patient. If for any reason it is impossible to visit the doctor, and the symptoms are increasing (itching is increasing, there is more discharge, painful sensations appear), then you can use folk remedies. They help well for thrush, but do not treat it, but only eliminate the symptoms. Therefore, even after the symptoms disappear, it is necessary to undergo a course of therapy (topically or orally). Otherwise there is a risk that during the next month they return again.
For situational elimination of symptoms, you can use solutions for douching:
- Soda: 1 tsp is needed for 1 liter of water,
- Chamomile: the infusion is prepared from 2 tablespoons of a dry plant, which is made by two glasses of boiling water. After that, you need to insist on it for 2 hours and use it for douching three times a day,
- Sage: for the preparation of the infusion will need a liter of boiling water and 2 tablespoons of dry sage. Insist at least three hours, use twice a day.
Important: any douching should not be used during menstruation, so folk remedies can be used to relieve the symptoms of thrush only after their completion.
They can also be connected during primary therapy, as the listed solutions help to get rid of unpleasant sensations. If the patient drinks pills, it is enough to choose any solution for douching and use it according to the recommended scheme. With local therapy, it is necessary to observe the interval between the administration of the suppository and the douching.
How do menstruation for thrush, the nature of discharge
Is it possible to determine the presence of the disease by the nature of menstruation and how can menstrual changes during exacerbation of candidiasis? These issues are also important to consider when describing this disease. We have already found that the connection between menstruation and disease is mediated, that is, bleeding cannot cause the disease as such, but is merely a risk factor for its development. Now consider the effect of the disease on the cycle:
- sometimes he gets off on treatment
- acute and rapid development of the pathology can change the nature of bleeding: they can suddenly stop and then resume,
- delay in combination with exacerbation may be due to pregnancy,
- there is a change in the nature of the discharge: the presence of Candida vital products (“cheesy discharge”) gives a sharp and unpleasant smell.
Most of the time, there are no particular changes (with the exception of an increase in symptoms), the cycle remains stable, the menstrual periods are in the usual way.
The importance of hygiene has already been mentioned. In this matter, it is important to observe the "golden mean": a deficiency, like an excess, can provoke a disease. Taking a shower outside the monthly enough twice a day. During menstruation, when hygiene measures are carried out more often, you should limit the use of detergents (soaps, gels) means.
Thrush occurs if favorable conditions are created: “clean up” the natural microflora or allow excessive accumulation of natural secretions in the absence of hygienic skills.
If thrush occurs, do not use pads with flavoring, but tampons should be discarded. Additional preventive measures will be:
- healthy lifestyle,
- maintaining immunity
- balanced diet,
- timely treatment of hormone-dependent, infectious, viral and gynecological diseases,
- regular check-ups,
- Observance of the elementary rules of safe sex life: frequent change of partners and unprotected sex can cause the appearance of thrush. This happens against the background of new types of fungus from a partner suffering from candidiasis, or when infected with sexually transmitted diseases.
Now you know all about the relationship of menstruation and thrush. Although her symptoms can appear in almost any woman, this is easily avoided. It is enough to exclude risk factors so that opportunistic fungus remains part of normal microflora and does not provoke acute or chronic disease.
Why does thrush appear after menstruation?
Many women are concerned about the question of why candidiasis occurs before and after menstruation. Doctors explain this phenomenon by the fact that during menstruation the woman’s body becomes very vulnerable to various adverse influences from the outsidebecause bleeding reduces local immunity, and the level of hormones in the female body also changes. Therefore, during this period, you need to take care of intimate hygiene. The main causes of candidiasis after menstruation may be as follows:
- Hypothermia На протяжении нескольких дней после окончания менструации постарайтесь поберечь себя и не носить коротких юбок или брюк из тонких тканей (особенно в холодное время года).
- Несоблюдение элементарных правил интимной гигиены. Для подмываний используйте только специальные гели или мыла. Ordinary toilet articles wash out the vaginal microflora, which contributes to the multiplication of disease-causing bacteria.
- The use of pads of synthetic fabrics that cause irritation in the intimate area. Their cover should not be rigid or mesh-shaped. It is better to give preference to gaskets with a soft and smooth surface, while paying attention to the presence of flavors, which should not be a priori (they are the strongest allergens that can cause a sharp reaction of the body, due to which thrush often develops).
- Thrush after menstruation can also be caused by the use of common badly washed towels or bed linen.
To avoid adverse effects of the environment on the female's genitals during menstruation, it is necessary to responsibly address the issue of increasing local immunity, which at this time is reduced to a minimum.
Only a gynecologist will be able to advise you on suitable drugs or traditional methods after a thorough examination and the necessary clinical tests.
How to treat candidiasis in women after menstruation?
Thrush requires urgent treatment, which should begin immediately after the end of menstruation. To do this, contact your gynecologist, who will prescribe an adequate and effective treatment, consisting in the use of special antifungal ointments, vaginal suppositories or tablets for oral administration.
One of the most effective drugs for the course of treatment of thrush after menstruation are:
- Ointment for external use "Clotrimazole." It kills the fungus that provoked the development of the disease, and has a positive effect on the mucous membrane of the female genital organs. However, you must be careful: this medicine has side effects in the form of itching, burning, discomfort immediately after application, which pass in 10-15 minutes. The course of treatment of thrush with this gel is 5-7 days, but if such a need arises, it can be extended.
- "Nystatin" 250000, 500000 - vaginal suppositories. The dosage and duration of therapy is determined by the doctor for each patient individually.
- "Ekozol" 150 - intervaginal suppositories.
- "Livarol" - candles.
- "Pimafutsin" - candles and pills.
- "Tsiskan" - capsules for oral administration.
- Nizoral is a pill.
If you are a supporter of traditional medicine, then the treatment of thrush with the help of medicinal plants is also very effective.
The decoction of the train is very popular. And this is not surprising, because the series is a truly valuable plant that can relieve irritation and stop the inflammatory process. Preparing the broth is quite simple: pour a spoonful of raw material with a glass of boiling water and insist. If the mixture turns out very dark, then it must be diluted with boiled water. Immerse in the pot hand. If it can be considered at the very bottom of the vessel with infusion, then it can be used for douching 3-5 times a day without harm to health. The course of therapy should last until the complete disappearance of all associated symptoms of thrush after menstruation.
Another effective tool is a decoction of marigold flowers. It must be prepared and applied as in the previous recipe.
An important condition for effective treatment is the identification of all the causes that have led to the development of candidiasis in women after the end of menstruation. For example, if this happened due to a decrease in immunity, then care must be taken to restore its full functioning. This can be done by taking special immunomodulators that make the body more resistant to external stimuli and positively affect the functioning of all organs and systems.
Thrush after menstruation
Monthly are characterized by changes in hormonal balance, at this time the body is most susceptible to the effects of foreign microorganisms.
When menstruation stops, a woman's hormones are restored, which can help reduce the signs of thrush.
Candidiasis can last for quite a long time, it is mostly most pronounced every month after menstruation. And if you run it, it can lead to various complications, including infertility, because in many cases the menstrual cycle is disturbed against the background of a fungal infection.
Thrush can occur even in a healthy woman, so you need to be sensitive to health and regularly visit the doctor for a routine examination, even if no signs of gynecological diseases are observed.
Causes of thrush
Thrush is a fungal disease that occurs when the vaginal microflora is disturbed. This pathology is developing rapidly and harming health. The disease progresses particularly intensively in the summer, because this season is most favorable for the development of fungi and various infections.
Thrush occurs in women for several reasons:
- lack of personal hygiene,
- lowering the immune status of the body,
- the presence of gynecological diseases
- when using someone else's towels or underwear,
- non-compliance with the rules of contraception during sexual intercourse,
- diseases of the digestive tract and caries.
Lack of personal hygiene is the main cause of thrush. At the same time, natural secretions accumulate in the vagina, which represent an excellent environment for the reproduction of fungi and various bacteria.
When a woman’s immunity is weakened, he is not able to fight diseases, and the body becomes defenseless against various bacteria and other microorganisms, in particular, fungi. Many gynecological diseases can cause the development of thrush. For this reason, for the treatment of candidiasis should eliminate all existing diseases.
Each person is individual and is the carrier of certain microorganisms. Therefore, when using personal items from a woman or a man suffering from thrush, you can also get this disease.
It is believed that men do not suffer from candidiasis, but are carriers of a fungus that promotes the development of thrush. In this regard, it is important to follow the rules of contraception, especially when having sex with a new partner.
Diseases of the digestive tract and caries undermine the immunity of women and contribute to its weakening, as a result of which various diseases develop, including thrush.
Treatment for thrush
If a thrush was diagnosed, the gynecologist should explain to the woman what to do to treat it, and which drugs to use in order to completely eliminate the symptoms of candidiasis. Therapeutic effects on the fungus should be complex. For the purpose of treatment should take into account such features:
- degree of development of the disease
- the severity of the flow,
- the presence of complications
- Patient complaints about lower abdominal pain and other features.
Before the treatment itself, a woman needs to undergo a medical examination, which is necessary for drawing up the correct treatment tactics. Treatment should begin immediately the field of diagnosis of candidiasis, since the progression of the disease can cause complications and malfunction of the female reproductive system.
For the treatment of thrush gynecologist can be assigned several methods of treatment:
- vitamin therapy.
For douching herbs are widely used:
They are poured together with boiling water or separately, then the broth is cooled to an acceptable temperature and used for its intended purpose. Medicinal herbs help reduce inflammation and pain.
Medicines are needed to eliminate pain and reduce inflammation in the genitals. They are used for the purpose of the gynecologist. Often, the doctor prescribed candles to restore the microflora in the vagina.
Vitamin complexes help to improve the immune status of the body, increase resistance to many diseases and help in the treatment of fungal infections.
Hmm, I never thought that even caries could cause thrush. In general, it is a very nasty disease with which at least every woman faced. And bring thrush is not so simple, but may occur again. For example, I did not manage to get rid of it, but for a while the disease recedes, but then it returns with a new force.
What is thrush in women?
Before you begin to understand why there was thrush after menstruation, it is very important to understand what the disease is. In the scientific world, this pathology is called candidiasis. But in the people we call it thrush, as women have a large amount of white discharge from the vagina, very similar in texture to cottage cheese or sour milk.
The disease provokes the development of such a fungus as Candida. In a small amount, it lives in the body of each representative of the fair sex, and is an important part of the female microflora. However, if for any reason the amount of this flexible began to rapidly increase, then a disease such as thrush occurs in a woman. After menstruation, as well as in front of them, the rapid growth of the fungus can cause dikomfort. This will happen in any case, if there are favorable changes in the female body.
Why after menstruation thrush appears
Some women face problems such as the appearance of cheesy discharge after menstruation. There are several reasons why this may arise:
- Thrush after menstruation may occur if a woman has improperly chosen means for personal hygiene. So, synthetic flavored tampons and pads can cause the occurrence of this disease.
- Another reason why there is thrush every time after menstruation is that a woman does not comply with all hygiene requirements. Do not forget that you need to wash at least twice a day, as well as change underwear. At the same time, it should be sewn of natural fabrics that are pleasant to the body.
- Quite often the cause of this disease is hormonal imbalance during the process of menstruation. As a result, the microflora changes, and pathogenic microorganisms begin to multiply actively in it.
- Why after menstruation thrush appears? Pay attention to your immune system. Quite often, it is weakened immunity that gives rise to active reproduction of pathogenic fungal microflora.
Why the disease may begin to develop immediately before menstruation
Consider also the main causes of thrush before menstruation:
- Hormonal changes in the body.
- The defenses of the female body gave failures.
- Changes in the microflora of the vagina, which were caused by very frequent hygienic procedures. First of all, syringing is worth mentioning. Erosion of natural microflora affects the state of the mucous membrane. It becomes highly susceptible to attacks of alien microorganisms.
- The disease before menstruation may occur if a woman is forced to take antibiotics for a long time. Such drugs destroy not only pathogenic microorganisms, but also the right microflora, which is so necessary for women's health.
- The disease can make itself felt if the representative of the beautiful half of humanity is not very aware of the rules of personal hygiene. Gynecologists recommend using only those cosmetics, which were made on a plant-based. Also, be especially careful with flavored pads and tampons made on a synthetic basis. Such materials contribute to the very rapid reproduction of pathogenic microflora.
The presence of thrush during the menstrual process
It is very important to pay attention to the fact that thrush can occur in women during menstruation. In this case, the cheesy discharge will be mixed with blood, so women may think that this is how the endometrium comes out of the body, and simply ignore this phenomenon. However, the presence of candidiasis can provide a very strong unpleasant odor, as well as a burning sensation in the area of the external genital organs. At the same time, thrush can prolong the period of menstruation and make them more painful.
Consider, if you do not treat thrush (no matter when it started: before menstruation, after or during them), the disease may become chronic, and it will start to bother you regularly.
Main symptoms of pathology
If after menstruation thrush always begins, this is a serious reason to consult a gynecologist for advice. Perhaps behind this simple fungal disease is a very serious problem. Every woman should be familiar with the symptoms of thrush in order to identify this pathology in time and start treating it promptly. And so, let us consider what symptoms the disease is so common as thrush of the female genital organs:
- Vaginal discharge, similar to cottage cheese. In a large number of mucus, you can notice small white dots, which by their consistency will be very similar to cottage cheese. Especially clearly this can be seen if you wear black underwear.
- Women complain of a strong feeling of itching in the area of external genital organs. If you begin to comb the affected areas, the condition will be even more aggravated, since the pathogen can penetrate deep tissues,
- In some cases, the woman experiences severe cutting pains when urinating. This is due to the fact that the protective functions of the mucous membrane of the urethra are reduced, which means that it becomes very sensitive to such an aggressive fluid as urine.
- Severe burning sensation and discomfort during sexual intimacy. Consider that it is not necessary to have a sex life until you are completely cured of this pathology.
- And, of course, an unpleasant smell. In fact, it is not much different from the normal smell of the vagina, but it is stronger and more saturated.
The very first signs of the onset of thrush
The causes, symptoms and treatment of thrush are described in this article. It always starts the same way, so it’s simply impossible not to notice it. Consider how it makes itself felt from the very beginning of its occurrence:
- the patient has a very rich white thick discharge from the vagina,
- external genitalia and vagina acquire a reddish tint,
- women begin to be disturbed by severe itching in the genital area, which is further exacerbated by having sex.
Use of tablets for oral administration
Both pills and vaginal products have their advantages. Thus, drugs for oral administration can be taken on any day of the cycle, regardless of the period. Effective remedies for thrush for women, intended for internal use very much. Some of them need to be taken for one week, while for treatment by other means you will need only one day.
Typically, tablets are very effective, and are able to quickly relieve the patient of her disturbing symptoms. However, it should be borne in mind that they have not only advantages, but also disadvantages. Oral drugs can have a large number of undesirable effects on the female body.
Use of vaginal suppositories
To date, there is simply a huge amount of effective remedies for thrush for women. Quite often, gynecologists prescribe drugs for their patients that are intended for topical use, since they do not enter the systemic circulation, and therefore cause less harm to the body. Of course, you can use them before and after your period. However, if you still have bleeding, do not use this method.
According to experts, the treatment of thrush during menstruation is usually not very effective. Therefore, it is best to start this process after they have finished. Otherwise, the symptoms of the disease will simply subside while you decide that you will get rid of it. So the disease imperceptibly becomes chronic.
Candles and tablets "Nystatin" (instructions for use for thrush is in each package) are often prescribed by gynecologists to women who suffer from this disease. This drug has two forms of release. Depending on your condition, the doctor will tell you which one you should get. In some cases, it is recommended to use the tool both topically and inside. So the healing effect will come much faster.
Tablets are taken two to three times a day for two weeks. Usually this period is enough to prevent the disease from becoming chronic.
Candles are inserted into the vagina twice a day for ten to fourteen days. The tool should be used only after hygiene procedures. Insert the suppository as deep as possible into the vagina, and then lie down a little on your back.
Свечи и таблетки «Нистатин», инструкция по применению при молочнице к которым описана в этой статье, являются действительно очень эффективными средством при лечении вагинального кандидоза. Однако не забывайте о том, что ни в коем случае нельзя заниматься самолечением. Only a qualified doctor can tell you whether this remedy is right for you. He will determine whether it is suitable for the treatment of thrush after menstruation for you.
Can a disease go away by itself
Many representatives of the fair sex are interested in the question whether the thrush passes after menstruation. For some reason, women hope that the disease can disappear after menstruation by itself. However, miracles do not happen. If you notice that the symptoms are not so pronounced, then this only indicates that the disease has subsided at the moment. But as soon as you overcool or experience stress, you will face this enemy again. Therefore, it is very important to treat thrush regardless of the day of the cycle.
During the monthly should not use funds intended for local use. At this time, treatment can be carried out only with oral medications or, if there are contraindications to them, simply take care of your immune system. But after your period ends, you can already proceed to local treatment.
If thrush and itching begin after menstruation, it means that your health is in danger, which means you need to start taking urgent measures. In no case do not ignore the thrush. It is very important to cure this disease to the end, otherwise there is a huge risk that the disease will become chronic. Take care of your health and take care of yourself, and then your body will take care of you.