Today, you will learn about how menstruation passes, how long they should last, and about the quality of blood. The arrival of the month for a girl can be a real shock if you do not discuss this topic with her in advance. This completely natural process should not cause disgust or discomfort for the girl. It is necessary to tell the future woman in advance, overcoming all the inconveniences and discomforts during the conversation, about how the first menstruation begins the first time, how to carry out the care procedures and much more.
In girls, this period is called pubertal. The first periods in girls begin in the middle of this cycle. What happens to the girl in this segment of life? There is a process of transformation from a girl into a mature woman who is able to continue her race. Monthly girls and say that the reproductive function is running, now there is the likelihood of pregnancy during unprotected intercourse.
How does this process start:
- the brain sends a signal to the ovaries at the right time,
- the latter respond to it with hormone production,
- hormones start the process of forming the body of a girl.
It is important to note that there are both visible changes and no. At puberty, the following changes occur:
- the girl begins to grow
- brain increases,
- there is an expansion of the hip bones,
- mammary glands are formed,
- reproductive organs are growing and developing
- there are changes in the nervous system and more.
The first day of menstruation occurs approximately one year after the start of puberty of the girl. The first menstruation is called "menarche". This suggests that the ovaries began to function, and now they are capable of producing hormones. Right now there are ovulations and a high probability of pregnancy.
The first menstruation should normally begin in the period from twelve to fifteen years. There are cases when they begin much earlier or later. It is important to know that there are many factors that influence the onset of the first menstrual periods:
- genetic information
- degree of physical development
- nervous system,
- there is the influence of lifestyle,
- social environment
- knowledge of sexual development and intergender relationships,
- health status.
Early menstruation occurs in the period from eight to ten years, and later in the age of 15 years and more. The last option is quite common in children who have been sick a lot and have taken medications for a long period of time. Quite often, hormonal disruptions and abnormal development of the reproductive organs are considered to be the cause of abnormalities.
The girl just needs to be informed about how her monthly periods go, how long they last, possible problems and how to take care of yourself during this period. It is very important to acquaint her with the concept of the duration of the menstrual cycle and to teach how to use the calendar so as not to get into the absurd situation with the “flow”.
And so, how should the menstruation take place? It is important to know that this question is purely individual, because each organism is special. If there are no health problems, then the cycle should be stable. However, it takes a little time to stabilize the menstrual cycle.
What is the menstrual cycle? It is a kind of re-tuning of the body. In this process are involved:
It is important for a girl to know that menstruation is a natural process that occurs when hormones are produced by the ovaries. This bleeding from the genital tract should not scare or cause discomfort. The cycle is the time interval between the first day of one menstruation and the first day of another. Although the ideal cycle is the lunar (28 days), the norm is from 10 to 45 days. If you notice a deviation from these norms, or the cycle has not been established for a long time, then a gynecologist's consultation is necessary, because the problem may be in violation of ovarian function.
Control (calendar method)
We figured out what the monthly mean. Once again, this is the monthly bleeding from the vagina of every woman. When the girl started her period, she should be taught to celebrate these days on the calendar. Why do you need it? Of course, the calendar tracking method helps determine the duration of the cycle and the duration of menstrual flow.
In addition, the calendar method is a means of contraception. Thanks to the calendar you can avoid unwanted pregnancy, as it is possible to calculate the approximate day of ovulation. It is worth noting that this method should be combined with others, because there is a small chance of unwanted pregnancy, even in days unfavorable for conception.
While menstruation takes place, you need to more carefully follow the rules of personal hygiene. This will help avoid unpleasant sensations, both for the girl and for those around him.
Everyone knows that the excreted blood has a specific smell. You can get rid of it very simply by following some rules.
What is a discharge during menstruation? This is more the top layer of the endometrium. The endometrium lines the walls of the uterus from the inside. It is important to know that over time this layer needs to be changed. As a result, menstruation occurs. During the “clean-up” of the uterus, its cervix expands so that unwanted parts can come out without any obstacles. The dilated cervix is an ideal condition for bacteria to enter the uterus. They may be contained on a pad or tampon, which have not changed for a long time.
To eliminate unpleasant odors and prevent bacteria from entering, you should heed some hygiene rules:
- change the pad or tampon every three hours,
- take a shower if possible before changing protection
- if the last point is impossible to implement, then it will be enough to wash or wipe with a damp cloth,
- when flushing, first of all you need to clean the perineum and only then the anus (this will be an obstacle for microbes from the rectum to enter the vagina),
- you can not take a bath and go to the bath.
The last point is mandatory, because the water in the bath is not sterile, therefore, bacteria and microbes can get into the vagina. In addition, hot water and high temperature contribute to the flow of blood to the pelvis and the expansion of the cervix, which facilitates the passage of bacteria into the uterus.
How long are the periods?
And so, how are the normal periods? To begin with, the menarche, that is, the first menstruation, does not last long, just a couple of days. There is practically no blood (only a couple of drops), as a rule, it is “daub”. The normal cycle will be established only after a year and a half.
Please note that the established cycle should not stray during the entire childbearing period of a woman’s life. This is very important, if there are abnormalities, it is better to visit a gynecologist.
How long do your periods last? 10 days, 7 or 2 are all limits of the norm. For some, they pass quickly enough, but there are cases when periods last up to ten days. Do not worry about this, because each organism is individual. Below are some of the rules regarding monthly, if you do not have any deviations from them, then consider that you are completely healthy:
- The cycle must be between twenty and thirty-five days. The "lunar cycle" is common and, according to gynecologists, the most successful (28 days).
- On average, for women, the duration of menstruation is five days, but the norm is a period of two to ten days.
- The intensity of bleeding should be reduced to the last day of menstruation.
- It is quite difficult to determine, but, nevertheless, there is also a rate of blood lost. Be sure to pay attention to the intensity of discharge, for the entire cycle you should not lose more than 60 milliliters of blood. This amount is optimal, the woman does not feel any discomfort or indisposition, because the loss is quickly restored by the body.
Amount of blood
The amount of bleeding during menstruation depends on many factors:
- the presence of an intrauterine device as a means of contraception increases blood volume and the duration of critical days,
- taking hormonal contraceptive drugs can reduce blood volume, and also reduce or increase the number of “red days”,
- existing diseases
- body type,
- external factors (climate, social environment, etc.),
- food quality,
- condition of the nervous system
- in women who have given birth, the amount of blood during menstruation increases significantly,
At the same time, the color of the monthly also can say a lot. We will talk about this in the next section of the article. Note that the volume of blood lost should not exceed 60 milliliters for the entire cycle. If you go beyond this framework, contact your gynecologist, perhaps he will prescribe a special preparation for bleeding during menstruation.
The quality of blood excreted during menstruation.
The color of menstruation can tell about any violations and diseases that occur in the female body. Pay attention to the fact that the color, volume and nature of the discharge can change a woman many times in her life. Many factors affect this process.
What do the poor dark periods say? As a rule, it is only their forerunners. Brown discharge before menstruation is considered the norm, and you should not worry about it. Also dark periods occur after abortions and miscarriages, long-term use of hormonal contraceptive drugs.
The first periods should be bright scarlet, their number should be minimal. Pay attention to the fact that if menstruation of this nature appeared after the establishment of the cycle (that is, this is not the first menstruation), then perhaps it is endometriosis, which, undoubtedly, should be treated with hormonal preparations.
Brown or black discharge three days before menstruation or earlier may also indicate the presence of endometriosis disease or ectopic pregnancy, which is a serious danger to the life of a woman. Conduct a pregnancy test and immediately go to the gynecologist.
Pain during menstruation
Some girls say that the first day of menstruation is very difficult to tolerate, as it is accompanied by severe pain. No matter how sad it is, but such cases are the majority. Consult your gynecologist for advice, and he will help you to remove these sensations with the help of drugs. Experiencing on this issue is completely meaningless, it is quite normal for a girl during her period. Many women claim that after giving birth, they were able to get rid of this symptom.
With the question, how are the monthly, we figured out. Now very briefly consider the concept of PMS. This is premenstrual syndrome, which all manifests itself in different ways. The most common symptoms are:
- high temperature
- decreased attention and memory
- breast swelling and more.
Intimate life is better to wait a little. Why:
- from an aesthetic point of view, it's disgusting
- during menstruation there is a high probability of “catching up” the disease, because the cervix is open,
- possible development of diseases - endometriosis, algomenorrhea,
- many believe that it is impossible to get pregnant during menstruation, but this is not the case (not one but two eggs can mature, early ovulation can come, and spermatozoa live in a woman's vagina for up to eleven days),
- blood is a very bad lubricant during intercourse, because the latter is much thicker than blood,
- this may alienate the partner.
Monthly during pregnancy
If you notice bloody discharge while waiting for your baby, then you should immediately go to your doctor. This may indicate some pathologies of pregnancy or the possibility of miscarriage. However, there are cases when a girl has periods during pregnancy. In any case, the presence of bleeding during pregnancy is a deviation from the norm.
Monthly and climax
At this time, the woman is "resetting" the body, now it will only serve you. This is not so bad. In this period of time, there may be severe disruptions to the menstrual cycle (menstruation comes twice a month, the blood is replaced with scanty secretions, and so on). It's quite normal. Be sure to learn how to distinguish menopause from pregnancy, because the absence of menstruation occurs in both cases. Menopause has a number of symptoms: vaginal dryness, frequent headaches, prolonged depression, excessive night sweats and many others.