Norkolut is used as a medicine in the field of obstetrics and gynecology. The drug prevents the formation of follicles and the arrival of ovulation. The drug is widely used to accelerate the onset or distance of menstruation, the cessation of lactation, improve well-being during menopause. The article describes the indications, features of use and effectiveness of treatment with this drug.
When does Norkolut apply
The medication is prescribed by a doctor when gynecological diseases are detected. It has the following indications for use:
- endometriosis - expansion of uterine cells beyond its limits,
- progesterone test - the reaction of the endometrium to the action of progesterone,
- anovulatory cycle - lack of ovulation with regular menstruation,
- breast pathologies: chest pains, mastopathy, glandular tissue growth,
- uterine fibroids,
- endometrial hyperplasia - the growth of the inner wall of the reproductive organ and its excessive thickening,
- the need to stop the production of breast milk,
- failures of the menstrual cycle severely tolerated menstruation or lack thereof (amenorrhea).
How does Norkolut
The preparation includes norethisterone, which has properties similar to progestins. The tool affects the surface of the uterus, prolonging the time of its stay in the premenstrual phase. The synthesis of the hormone gonadotropin by the pituitary gland is blocked, and no new egg maturation occurs. Norkolut lowers the muscle tone of the uterus, as well as increases the size of the mammary glands, which is a preparatory period for lactation after birth.
Norkolut to a lesser extent has the properties of estrogen and androgens.
Absorption of the drug from the gastrointestinal tract occurs fairly quickly. The maximum concentration in the body is achieved within 1-2 hours after the completion of the reception. Bioavailability is 50-77%. The drug is excreted in the urine.
The use of the drug is carried out after a doctor's prescription. Before use, it is recommended to read the instructions. The tool is contraindicated in the presence of the following conditions:
- period of growth and puberty
- pregnancy and her planning,
- elevated blood bilirubin
- cancer or suspected malignant breast tumor,
- oncology of the female genital organs,
- abnormal liver function
- blood in the urine of unknown origin,
- allergic to the components of the drug,
- propensity for obesity,
- bleeding from the genitals,
- vein inflammation or channel blockage,
- age under 18 years old.
In the presence of the following diseases, the drug must be taken under the supervision of a physician:
- high blood pressure
- bronchial asthma, bronchospasms,
- kidney pathology,
- heart failure,
- elevated blood lipids,
- CNS disorders, convulsions.
Norcolut is contraindicated to use simultaneously with Zimetidin, Rifampicin, Phenytoin, means from the group of barbiturates. You need to be careful when using the medication along with steroids, as well as drugs that reduce blood clotting and sugar levels.
Observing the scheme for taking Norkolut, you should abandon the use of alcoholic beverages. This will lead to problems with the liver, which is not able to cope with the increased load. The consequences can be unpredictable.
While undergoing treatment with Norcolute, some patients experience unpleasant manifestations, including the following:
- increased fatigue
- stomach discomfort, nausea, vomiting,
- discomfort in the chest, breast engorgement, high nipple sensitivity,
- excessive hair growth,
- increased blood clotting, thrombosis and inflammation of the veins,
- allergic skin rashes,
- bleeding from the genital tract, not corresponding to the days of the cycle,
- weight gain
- peripheral edema,
- lower limb sensitivity,
- elevated levels of bilirubin in the blood,
- liver dysfunction,
- Excessive oily skin
- blurred vision
- change in the amount of lipids in the blood,
- high blood pressure.
Using Norkolut with menstruation delay
In most cases, the drug is used to induce menstruation. Before starting treatment, you should make sure that the absence of critical days is not associated with the onset of pregnancy. Before taking the medication, you must take a drug containing estrogen for two weeks. After that, it is allowed to start a course of treatment with Norkolut. It is recommended to use one tablet in the morning and evening for 10 days. The drug is taken from the 16th to the 25th day of the cycle.
Menstruation usually begins some time after the completion of treatment means.
Norkolut to distance menstruation
Sometimes it happens that a vacation or an important event falls on days when monthly periods are expected by calendar. To delay their advance, Norcolut should be consumed eight days before the onset of menstruation. It is recommended to take two tablets in the morning and evening for 12 days. Compliance with the regimen and dosage allows you to delay the onset of menstruation for a week.
Use of the drug during pregnancy and lactation
In the period of childbearing the use of the drug is prohibited. If the patient has used the remedy, unaware of pregnancy, then it is necessary to immediately stop the treatment and contact a gynecologist. No cases of fetal developmental disorders or adverse effects on the child have been recorded. However, research in this area has not been conducted for humane reasons.
It is forbidden to take Norkolut during lactation, if a woman plans to continue breastfeeding. The active ingredient of the drug has a suppressive effect on the lactation process and reduces the amount of milk.
If it is necessary to stop breastfeeding after childbirth for personal reasons to the mother, the doctor prescribes Norkolut. It is also used when the baby is weaned, and the milk does not go away.
The scheme of the tablets:
- 1 PC. four times a day for 3 days,
- 1 PC. three times a day for 4 days,
- 1 PC. twice a day for 3 days.
The dosage is reduced gradually. Lactation is terminated after completion of the course of treatment.
In the event of preterm labor from week 16 to week 28, Norkolut is taken as follows:
- 3 pcs. first day,
- 2 pcs. for 2-3 days,
- 1 PC. within 4-7 days.
Reception means prevents the appearance of milk.
If childbirth comes from 28 to 36 weeks, Norkolut should be taken as follows: three tablets in the first day and two pieces for six days. Lactation does not occur.
How quickly menstruation comes after taking Norkolut
Expect the appearance of menstrual flow is a week after the course of treatment. As a rule, monthly come on 3-7 days after taking the last pill. This is an average figure.
For many women with the same cycle, taking Norkolut at the same time, menstruation came through a different period.
Cases of the onset of menstruation on the second day after discontinuation of treatment were recorded, but sometimes this occurred in the middle of the course of treatment. It is required to immediately discontinue use of the drug.
Features of menstruation after a course of treatment Norkolut
Upon completion of the use of the drug, women may experience a significant increase in their monthly volume. In addition, they can be delayed after discontinuation of the drug. Both cases are atypical for this hormonal agent, but have occurred, taking into account the individual characteristics of the patient's body.
Menstruation after Norkolut may be accompanied by increased pain, engorgement of the mammary glands, swelling of the arms and legs, as well as bouts of nausea and vomiting.
Since the drug affects blood clotting, scant and short periods are most often observed. The color of the discharge becomes darker. Similar symptoms can be repeated several cycles in a row.
Using Norkolut during menstruation
During the period of menstruation should stop taking the medication, because it can lead to an increase in menstruation, increased pain, as well as the occurrence of pathologies in the mucous layer of the uterus.
According to patients taking this drug, it can be summarized that the drug is quite effective, affordable and inexpensive. There are complaints about the occurrence of irregular menstruation, pain in the stomach, as well as the appearance of fatigue and migraine after a course of treatment.
Took Norkolut three months. Weight did not increase, and the monthly cycle returned to normal. A year has passed since the treatment, and I'm fine.
Used Norkolut before the release. It turned out to move menstruation for four days. But monthly flowed painfully and abundantly. Began to disturb the pain in the area of the thyroid gland.
She took the drug from the 16th to the 25th day of the cycle in order to adjust it. There were acute pains in the stomach, now it is necessary to treat the gastrointestinal tract.
Used Norkolut at night to restore menstruation. The body tolerated the drug well, no increase in appetite was observed. The cycle has become regular.
Suffered from bleeding for more than two weeks. Norkolut contributed to the normalization of menstruation and return to the old life. Pill took over five days, two pieces. Monthly did not take long to begin and began after three days.
Mechanism of action
The therapeutic effect of Norkolut is due to the inhibition of the production of gonadotrophic hormones of the pituitary gland.
Synthetic sex hormone, which is part of the drug, has a positive effect on the endometrium, reduces the contractility of the myometrium, normalizes the endocrine system during menopause, delaying the onset of menopause.
Norkolut is part of the complex therapy in the treatment of infertility, early menopause.
Norkolut tablets act as a contraceptive, preventing the maturation of the egg, maintaining the endometrium of the uterus in the premenstrual state.
Indications for use Norkolut:
- pronounced premenstrual syndrome
- dysmenorrhea with shortening of the secretory phase,
- anovulatory metrorrhagia (menstruation without ovulation)
- uterine fibroids,
- endometrial hyperplastic process,
- prevention of milk production after abortion,
- suppression of lactation during weaning.
Mode of application
A hormonal drug after 40 years of age is taken according to a different scheme to achieve the desired effect:
- To eliminate the unpleasant symptoms caused by PMS, Norkolut take 1-2 tablets once a day in the second phase of the menstrual cycle (16-25 days). Such therapy is used to correct the natural cycle, eliminate pain in the chest caused by hormonal imbalances or diseases of the breast.
For diseases of the uterus (endometriosis, myoma, hyperplastic process), gynecologists advise you to take 1-2 tablets (5-25 days of the menstrual cycle). The course of treatment is continued for at least six months.
- When anovulatory metrorrhagia Norkolut appoint 1-2 tablets from 16 to 25 days of the cycle.
- Abundant bleeding is eliminated by taking Norkolut in the second phase of the menstrual cycle (16-25 days) in conjunction with drugs containing estrogen.
- As a contraceptive, the drug is prescribed in a dose of 0.5 tablets for 21 days, starting from the 5th day of the cycle. After a week break, Norcolut is resumed according to the previous scheme. To achieve the maximum effect, estrogen-containing supplements are additionally taken. The dose, reduced by 2 times, is also effective when using estrogen for the first 14 days from the start of therapy.
- Norcolut to call monthly is shown in a daily dose of 2 tablets for 5 days with delayed menstruation. The subsequent abrupt cancellation of the hormonal agent provokes the occurrence of menstrual bleeding. The abundant monthly periods that appear require observation in order to avoid bleeding. If there are no menstrual periods after Norkolut, even minor bleeding is absent, consultation with a gynecologist is required to determine the reason for their absence.
- Norcolut for postponement of menstruation is taken according to a strictly defined pattern: 2 pills for 2 weeks. The first dose of the drug should be drunk 8 days before the expected date of the onset of menstruation. When taking Norkolut under this scheme, you can delay the onset of menstruation for up to 7-10 days. Do not use the medicine without consulting a gynecologist, so as not to disrupt the natural menstrual cycle from Norkolut.
- Norkolutom suppress lactation. To prevent milk production by the mammary glands, the medicine is taken according to the regimen according to the instructions. The treatment regimen will depend on the reason for the suppression of lactation (termination of pregnancy at a late period or various conditions after the birth of the child). To suppress lactation during the weaning period, the drug is taken within 10 days. The first 3 days drink 1 tablet 3-4 times a day, then 4 days 1 tablet in 2-3 doses. In the remaining days of the drug drink 1 tablet per day.
- To eliminate menopausal syndrome in women after 40 years of age Norcolut is used for 6-12 months according to an individually developed physician scheme. Delayed menstruation, scanty bleeding is a common phenomenon in the presence of hormones. Progestin contributes to increased blood clotting, reducing the amount of menstrual flow, the appearance of their dark hue.
Independent use of synthetic hormones increases the risk of serious hormonal disorders, the development of pathological processes, the occurrence of side effects.
Similar effects have such drugs as:
How to take Norkolut with various diseases?
Since the drug is available in pills, it is taken orally, regardless of the time of meals, with a moderate amount of water.
- In the treatment of premenstrual syndrome, Norkolut is taken 1-2 times a day, 1-2 tablets, during the 16th - 25th days of the menstrual cycle.
- When a cycle fails (amenorrhea, algomenorrhea), the dosage of the drug does not change, and take it at the same time.
- According to the same scheme, Norkolut is taken for mastodynia and mastopathy.
- In uterine myoma, Norcolut is used for a long time, but not more than 6 months, starting from the 5th day of the menstruation cycle, and ending with its 25th day. Daily dose - 1-2 tablets.
- With endometriosis, Norkolut is taken in the same way as for myoma, but the daily dose does not exceed one tablet. Another treatment regimen is possible: 1 tablet per day for 10 days of each month, starting from the 16-17th day of the cycle. The course of treatment with this scheme can be extended to 12 months.
- With endometrial hyperplasia, the drug is taken in a short course: 6-12 days, 1-2 tablets per day. When the desired effect is achieved (cessation of bleeding), Norcolut is continued in the same dose for prophylactic purposes, during the 16th - 25th days of the menstrual cycle. At the same time, the hormone estrogen is prescribed.
- When menopause, Norkolut is taken for a long time, the daily dose is one pill.
Can Norkolut be taken continuously for 12 months?
Yes, it is possible - in the treatment of menopausal disorders.
What happens if you stop taking Norkolut on the 3rd day of treatment?
Apparently, the question is connected with individual intolerance to the drug. Such a sharp cancellation will not cause any consequences, because too little time has passed since the start of treatment. But in this case it is necessary for the doctor to prescribe another drug.
In any case, treatment with Norcolute should be under the supervision of a physician who chooses an individual dose and duration of the course for this patient.
Norcolut and monthly
Norcolut can be used to call the monthly, and for their deferment.
To call the monthly Norcolut applied as follows: 2 tablets per day for 5 days. Then the drug is stopped, and such a sharp break of treatment causes the onset of menstruation. At the same time you need to be sure that the delay in menstruation is not associated with pregnancy.
Some gynecologists practice this method, others treat it negatively. In any case, do not try to call menstruation in this way without consulting a doctor: you can greatly upset the rhythm of the menstrual cycle.
Norkolut for delaying menstruation is prescribed 8 days before the expected onset of menstruation, and take 2 tablets per day for 12 days (both tablets need to be drunk at one time). This scheme provides a deferment of monthly for 7-8 days.
Patient question: Can after the use of the drug Norkolut greatly increase the profusion of menstruation?
In rare cases, this is possible, as is the delay in menstruation after discontinuation of the drug.After all, each body has individual characteristics, and can react differently to the reception and cancellation of hormonal drugs. But both of these options are not typical in the treatment of Norkolutom.
Norcolut during pregnancy and lactation
The use of Norkolut is practiced to prevent and stop lactation after delivery. The drug has the ability to reduce the production of milk by the mammary glands in the postpartum period. Therefore, it is prescribed when breastfeeding is undesirable for any reason, or when the child has grown up, it is time to wean him, and the milk continues to arrive.
For the complete cessation of lactation, Norkolut is prescribed for 3 days, 1 tab. four times a day, then for 4 days - 1 tab. three times a day, and for another 3 days - 1 tab. twice a day. At this point, the treatment ends, lactation stops.
To prevent lactation, Norkolut is used in case of preterm labor. If the pregnancy is interrupted in the interval from the 16th to the 28th week, Norcolut is prescribed as follows:
- 1st day - 3 tablets,
- 2-3rd days - 2 tablets,
- 4-7th day - 1 tablet.
If premature labor occurred during the gestation period of 28-36 weeks, Norkolut's dosage regimen somewhat changes:
- 1st day - 3 tablets,
- 2-7 days - 2 tablets.
Norkolut and alcohol
Although Norkolut cannot be said to be categorically incompatible with alcohol, but their combination can lead to unpredictable consequences. If a woman taking Norkolut, for whatever reason, cannot stop drinking alcohol, she should remember that there should be three hours between taking the medicine and the alcohol (no less). The maximum that you can afford is a glass of weak beer or light wine.
Of course, taking alcohol against the background of Norkolut treatment should be the exception, not the rule. After all, this tool is prescribed for the treatment of fairly serious diseases in which alcohol is not consumed.
The unpredictable effects of the combination of Norkolut with alcohol are possible primarily on the part of the liver, since it carries a double load. Therefore, you need to spare your body, and stop drinking alcohol during treatment.
Analogs of the drug
Orgametril, Pregnin, Primolut-Nor are generic drugs of Norkolut, the active ingredient in them is norethisterone.
There is a large group of Norkolut analogs that have a similar pharmacological effect:
- Depo Provera,
- Nemestran et al.
Women often have a question: which drug is better? For example: what to choose - Duphaston or Norkolut? Norkolut or Orgametril? The answer to this question can only be given by the attending physician, who focuses on the individual characteristics of the patient's body. Duphaston, unlike Norkolut, can be assigned to a pregnant woman. And breastfeeding a child when taking Duphaston is not recommended, because the drug penetrates into breast milk.
Orgametril, in principle, differs little from Norkolut, but there are some differences. In any case, the choice of the drug must be agreed with the gynecologist.
Judging by the reviews of patients, the drug is quite effective, easy to use, is sold at an affordable price. There are complaints about the irregularity of menstruation during the course of treatment, and headaches. Complaints about weight gain are rare.
Olga, 24 years old: "I took a Norcolut for 3 months, I didn’t gain any weight, and my menstrual cycle was restored after treatment - for a year now, as I have everything in order."
Maria, 31: "Norcolut helped me a lot, there were no complications in the treatment, and the price was low."
Elena, 27 years old: "My menstruation did not stop for 2.5 weeks. The doctor prescribed a norkolut so that the bleeding stopped and a normal menstruation came. Everything happened: the medicine took 5 days according to the scheme, and the menstrual periods came 3 days after that."
Thus, from the reviews it can be concluded that with proper, adequate appointment and taking Norkolut, it has a good therapeutic effect, despite the rare side effects.
Norkolut: what is it
The fact that the reproductive system functions under the influence of hormones is known. The process of menstruation is no exception. Hormones work not only in this period. They are active during the whole cycle, replace each other. Norkolut containing gestagens causes menstruation, as it provides the necessary development of the endometrium. The active ingredient of the drug is one of them - norethisterone. This is the result of testosterone conversion. Norethisterone suppresses estrogen, contributing to the transition of the proliferative stage in the secretory, that is, the one in which menstruation occurs. Based on these properties of the drug is based on how to take Norcolut to call monthly. It is for this purpose that the medicine is most often prescribed.
Why do I need a minkolut: details
The most common reason for using the drug norkolut - delayed menstruation. But only when it is not caused by pregnancy. In other cases, when the absence of menstruation is noted due to insufficient functioning of the ovaries, problems with the growth of the endometrium, the doctor may prescribe it according to a certain pattern.
Women with cysts, endometriosis, endometrial hyperplasia show an interest in whether monthly minicolor can cause. In all these cases, its use is justified by appointment of a specialist. Some of the diseases go away after a course of drug therapy, since most are caused by an imbalance of hormones.
How to postpone critical days to a late date
Norcolut and menstruation are also connected in such a way that the drug can delay them when it is needed. In this case, proceed to receive it a week before their intended arrival. By increasing the proportion of progestins in the blood, it prevents the development of the follicle. Norcolut delay monthly helps by slowing down the process of ovulation. Accordingly, the beginning of menstruation is postponed for a week or a little longer.
How to take Norkolut
Gestagens containing drugs are used for various reasons. Usually prescribed nikolut to call menstruation, how to drink it should explain the doctor. There are standard dosages for admission, but in each case a specialist can change them.
The absence of menstruation in time is not at all such a trifle as it may seem to someone. Sometimes a hormonal failure, due to which this happens, is caused by a serious illness. Most gynecological ailments do not have ready-made treatment recipes. It in each case must be selected individually. And drugs are always prescribed on certain days and in the prescribed dosage. Not an exception and norkolut, instructions for use to call monthly includes the following conditions:
- A woman should make sure that the delay that has troubled her is not caused by pregnancy. A simple test may not be enough, even if its absence is confirmed by the gynecologist and tests,
- Take a pill in the morning and evening throughout the week, drinking water, but not chewing. Then use stop. Cancellation of Norkolut monthly and should cause
- Expect a result of 8 days. If there is still no menstruation, you need to go to the doctor again.
Norcolut to call monthly can be assigned by other schemes. For example, in the same dosage, but for 10 or 5 days. And if the drug becomes a constant companion of the cycle, then it is taken from the 16th to the 25th day of the menstrual period.
When to wait for menstruation
Given the nature of the effect of the drug on the reproductive sphere and the purpose for which it is taken, everyone would like to know on which day after the mineral flush come. It has already been said that the maximum waiting time after discontinuation is 8 days. This does not mean that exactly after such a period of time, the monthly will come after the Norcolute.
Any organism is individual. At the beginning of the reception, despite the general reasons for the application, the level of the reproductive system may be different for several women. And even when they use the same dosage and the duration of the use of the drug, after how much the menstrual period begins after the norcolute, depends on their initial indicators. Imprint at the time of arrival of menstruation and impose diseases that caused the delay, the degree of their development.
Considering all of this, critical days can begin even if a norkolut is still in use, when menstruation arrives, reception can be stopped. But this is in the case of a minor hormonal imbalance, or when the delay is caused by stress and other easily corrected external factors. In most of the critical days, they come after a blackout, when the monthly periods can be followed, according to the signs of PMS. For some, they manifest immediately upon withdrawal of the drug, and menstruation begins the next day. There is nothing extraordinary if its first signs appear on the 8th day after the cancellation.
Women who take the drug norkolut to postpone menstruation, after how many menstruations come, they want to know no less struggling with delay. This is largely determined by the period of use of the drug, but usually it is possible to keep the endometrium from detaching for a week.
Can the drug be useless and why
It happens that after the abolition of Norkoluta no monthly. Bearing in mind the effect of the drug on the endometrium, it is easy to assume that its development is severely inhibited. The tool prevents its thickening at the beginning of the cycle, so the mucosa will not reach the state necessary for replacement.
Inhibition of ovulation, which carries the drug, means the absence of the corpus luteum and a decrease in progesterone. But estrogen also needs a certain amount for menstruation. And with a shortage of substances, there is no sharp drop required to start critical days. Therefore, sometimes, despite such a strong drug as norkolut, do not come monthly. Another reason for this is pregnancy. To find out, it is necessary to conduct a test.
How to be at unexpected action of a norkolut
The logical question is, if there are no menstrual periods after the menstruation: what to do? The first thing that can be recommended is less panic. This is an ordinary situation that can be solved for all possible causes of its occurrence. It is necessary to go to a specialist, and he can pre-examine and treat with oral contraceptives or the same drug, but according to a different scheme. Sometimes the doctor is convinced that it is necessary to increase the effect on the reproductive system, therefore he prescribes progesterone injections.
But this is the case when a pregnancy is not guilty in the absence of menstruation. Norcolut is not prescribed in this position, the 7-day reception on the embryo will not have a strong negative effect. That is, you should not terminate the pregnancy only for this reason, for fear of bad consequences for the child.
What are menstrual periods due to norkolut
The effect of the drug on the endometrium encourages interest in what periods after taking Norcolut. Obviously, their character must change, but I want to know clear signs of the norm. To assimilate this, it is necessary to take into account the diseases that caused it to be taken.
Monthly while taking norkolut - a possible reaction of the reproductive system to increase gestagenov. If the drug was prescribed to restore its functioning in this cycle, experts allow to suspend its administration. Menstruation usually begins with daubs, and it ends, the intensity of discharge is small.
Monthly while taking norkolut may have a different nature due to unequal problems in the reproductive sphere, which are forced to use it. Among the manifestations accompanying them are often increased pain syndrome, swelling of the extremities. Menstruation against the background of taking Norcolut can also be accompanied by engorgement of the chest. Not rare phenomena in the digestive tract, which it causes, nausea and vomiting.
If we talk about the amount of discharge, norcolut copiously monthly provokes rarely. And in most cases, it is rather breakthrough bleeding. Some of them require urgent assistance and are considered as a side reaction of the body. Abundant menstrual periods after norcolute may occur with endometriosis or endometrial hyperplasia. But even with these diagnoses, discharge is noticeably less than before the drug treatment. And to adjust the amount prescribed other drugs.
Scanty menstrual periods after norkolut are observed more often. The gestagens contained in it do not allow a strong increase in the endometrium. It is clear that there will be little discharge too. Another feature of the drug doctors call the ability to increase blood clotting. This is also a good reason for reducing the amount of menstrual flow. And their color is darker, due to the same factor.
Monthly after taking Norkolut may be shortened in time. This is also natural. Moreover, the scarcity of discharge and the short duration of critical days can persist for several cycles in a row.
Before using any medications, consult a doctor. There are contraindications!