The phenomenon of black discharge after menstruation is often the reason for a woman to go to a gynecologist. The reasons for their appearance can be many. Let us try to understand this situation and dwell in detail on what violations are possible when they appear.
Why do black spots appear in women after menstruation?
It should be noted that this kind of discharge may occur at the end of menstruation, 1-2 days before their termination. In this case, their color is dark brown, in some cases, women say that black. This is not regarded by doctors as a violation.
When black secretions are observed within a week after the end of menstruation, in such cases, you should immediately consult a doctor. As a rule, this phenomenon is a symptom of gynecological disorders.
For example, black spotting may occur during ectopic pregnancy. In most cases, a woman does not suspect anything about her interesting position. The disease is confirmed only by a diagnostic ultrasound, after which the woman is prescribed cleaning. Discharge after menstruation is dark brown, almost black in color, can also be observed in diseases such as endometriosis, endometritis, endocervicitis, uterine hyperplasia, and myoma. In order to accurately establish the cause, it is necessary to conduct a multi-stage study.
In some cases, dark discharge is not a sign of the disease?
In the search for an answer to the question of why a woman has black discharge after menstruation, the doctor can be diagnosed and anatomical anomalies that lead to the development of a similar situation.
In particular, with an abnormal form of the uterus itself (two-horned, saddle-shaped), there is some stagnation of menstrual blood. As a result of this, practically after each menstruation, the girl marks the appearance of black or dark brown discharge in a few days. This is due to the fact that the menstrual blood remaining in the uterus changes its color due to the effect of temperature on it. In such cases, the woman may also notice the appearance of small blood clots from the vagina.
Thus, it must be said that the causes of black vaginal discharge after menstruation can be many, and in most cases this symptom indicates the presence of the disease in the reproductive system.
First you need to understand the nature of the appearance of black discharge that occurs after the cessation of menstruation. Specialists-gynecologists argue that if this phenomenon lasts no more than a few days and is not accompanied by painful symptoms, then you should not sound the alarm. Very often, the appearance of dark discharge in women is associated with a natural slowdown in the process of excretion of blood in the last days of menstruation. As a result, by the time the menstrual blood comes out of the vagina, it is already starting to curl and acquire a characteristic black or dark brown tint.
In this case, the discharge represents minor traces of coagulated blood, observed for 3-4 days after the end of menstruation.
In some women, the presence of postmenstrual black secretions is an individual feature of the body and is permanent, chronic, without causing any damage to health.
Another provoking factor is the elementary failure to comply with the rules of intimate hygiene. An insufficient amount of water procedures can cause changes in the acidic vaginal environment, as a result of which dark brown discharges appear with a characteristic specific, unpleasant odor.
Quite often there are observed this kind of discharge and for 2-3 cycles immediately after birth, which is associated with a slow process of restoring muscle tone of the uterine wall. In most cases, the situation stabilizes itself after a few months.
Also, almost black vaginal discharge may appear about a week after the fertilization process. This phenomenon is considered to be quite natural and is explained by the process of implantation of a fertilized egg into the mucous membrane of the uterine membrane. The following factors can be attributed to the relative reasons that could provoke the appearance of dark postmenstrual discharge in girls:
- Respiratory Diseases.
- Minor viral infectious processes.
- Psycho-emotional shocks.
- Excessive exercise.
- Weight lifting
- Intimate relationships in the last days of menstruation.
- Overheating of the body.
- Acceptance of some medications.
- Low blood clotting.
What diseases can indicate?
In addition to the above completely harmless causes of this phenomenon, there are others, some of which may indeed be pathological in nature. This is observed when bloody impurities are added to the mucus. This symptom is characteristic of the following diseases:
- Endometriosis is a pathology associated with excessive proliferation of endometrial cells outside the inner layer of the uterine wall.
- Hyperplasia is a gynecological disease characterized by excessive proliferation of uterine endometrial tissues.
- The presence of gynecological inflammatory processes.
- Ectopic pregnancy, which is a pathological pregnancy in which a fertilized egg does not enter the uterine cavity.
- The appearance of polyps formed by pathological lesions of the cervical canal or uterus, due to the inflammatory process of a chronic nature or hormonal disorders.
- Erosion is a disease associated with the violation of the integrity of the uterine epithelium.
- All sorts of uterine pathology.
- Peeling of the ovum: in this case, the discharge is smearing and accompanied by bloody impurities. In addition, there are pronounced pain in the lumbar region and lower abdomen, similar to light contractions.
- Endometritis is an inflammatory process in the mucous membrane of the uterine cavity.
- Diseases of venereal nature.
- Traumatic injuries of the cervix or vaginal walls during excessive sexual intercourse.
- Uterine fibroids, which is a tumor formation of benign nature, developing in the uterus.
- The consequence of postponed abortions, scraping or gynecological surgical interventions.
In addition, postmenstrual black secretions can be observed in the case of prolonged and uncontrolled intake of combined hormonal contraceptives, which leads to disruptions in the woman's body and hormonal imbalance.
It should be emphasized that the appearance of dark brown discharge during the first three months of use of a particular drug is considered to be the norm. If this phenomenon does not pass, then you should abandon the drug and choose another means of contraception.
Thus, the causes of this phenomenon are very diverse. Some of them can actually be indicative of sufficiently serious disturbances in the body, represent a danger and carry a potential threat to the health of a woman.
Therefore, it is necessary to pay attention to the duration and intensity of discharge, the presence or absence of associated painful symptoms.
How to determine whether the appearance of black secretions at the end of menstruation is a consequence of the natural processes of the body or a sign of severe pathology requiring immediate medical intervention?
There are a number of characteristic symptoms, in the event of which any girl will be alert. These include the following:
- Discharges accompanied by an unpleasant smell.
- Itching and burning in the genital area.
- Long discharge, lasting more than 4 days after the cessation of menstruation.
- Lumbar pain.
- Pronounced pain in the lower abdomen with a tendency to increase
- Attacks of vomiting.
- Increased body temperature.
- General weakness.
- Increased urination to urinate.
- Signs of asthenia.
- The presence of secretions of blood clots and impurities.
- Heart rhythm and pulse rate disorders.
- Concomitant menstrual dysfunction.
All of the above symptoms may indicate the presence of infections or diseases of the gynecological nature, carrying a potential danger to the health and even life of a woman. Only an expert can determine their exact cause based on the results of tests and diagnostic studies. Therefore, if you detect at least a few alarming symptoms, it is recommended to immediately seek the advice of a gynecologist and undergo the necessary examination.
What to do with the discharge?
If there are painful symptoms and discomfort against the background of general malaise, it is better not to self-medicate, but to seek help from a specialist. After the general gynecological examination, the patient may be assigned a number of additional studies:
- taking a smear for analysis,
- ultrasound examination of the pelvic organs,
- general and detailed blood test,
- taking material for biopsy.
After the establishment of the disease, which provoked the appearance of black vaginal discharge, an appropriate course of treatment will be prescribed.
Black discharge after menstruation can be considered quite normal, natural phenomenon.
However, for heavy, prolonged, intense discharge, accompanied by painful symptoms, it is strongly recommended to consult a qualified gynecologist for advice.
What is considered normal?
Many gynecologists agree that black discharge a few days after menstruation is over should be regarded as a permissible phenomenon. The reason may be a decrease in the volume of menstrual flow in recent days. And this color is due to the fact that the blood has coagulated in the vagina. If black secretions go without other symptoms, such as pain, fever, vomiting, nausea, burning and itching in the region of the external genitalia, do not worry.
It is quite acceptable if the black selection will be on the second day or after the end of menstruation, in such cases:
- Features of the reproductive organ. If the shape of the uterus has an unusual shape, blood stagnation will be every month. Accordingly, in a few days after the end of menstruation there will be black spotting in which even blood clots may be present. This will happen every month, and in this case is considered normal, does not pose a threat to the health and life of a woman.
- The muscle tone of the uterus after birth is restored slowly. The onset of menstruation after childbirth in women occurs at different times. This also applies when breastfeeding occurs. Blood stasis due to the fact that the muscle tone of the reproductive organ does not have time to recover. Therefore, for several cycles after childbirth, there may be black discharge after the end of menstruation, which is common.
- The use of hormonal contraceptives. Reorganization in the body can cause dark discharge. It is considered valid if the phenomenon takes place during the first few months from the start of taking contraceptives, then the discharge disappears independently.
- Non-compliance with personal hygiene. If it is wrong to care for the genitals, the result will be the appearance of black discharge with a strong odor after 2 days and later after the end of menstruation.
- Damage to the internal genital organs. It is important to understand that the walls of the uterus and vagina are very delicate, they can easily be damaged if the attitude is gross. Sexual intercourse after menstruation, especially rough, can cause bleeding dark color. The fact is that the updated endometrium can be easily damaged.
It can be dangerous!
These cases in medical practice are considered the norm. But if there are doubts about the appearance of black discharge after two days or more after the period ended, as well as other strange symptoms, you should visit a gynecologist.
It is necessary to understand that there are many diseases of the female reproductive system, each is a threat, therefore it is better to identify the disease at an early stage and cure it quickly.
The appearance of black discharge after the end of menstruation may signal such diseases and conditions:
- pregnancy that develops outside the uterus,
- cervical erosion,
- inflammatory and infectious diseases,
- detachment of the ovum,
- damage to the walls of the vagina or uterus (surgery, gynecological curettage, abortion, installation of the intrauterine device, etc.).
Black discharge in the presence of any gynecological diseases may be accompanied by other symptoms. With the progression of the disease and the lack of necessary treatment, other unpleasant symptoms appear, and the state of health worsens.
The presence of infections can cause discomfort, burning and itching in the genitals. If there are problems with the mucous membrane of the uterus or vagina, a dark spotting of dark color may be accompanied by painful sensations. Black mucus with an unpleasant odor in a few days after the end of menstruation can talk about diseases that are caused by chlamydia.
If the fertilized egg develops outside the genital organ (ectopic pregnancy), bleeding, having a dark color, may be accompanied by a nagging pain in the lower abdomen and lower back. This is explained by the fact that the embryo is attached to the wall of the fallopian tube, damaging the capillaries.
The menstrual cycle is sensitive to various changes in the female body. Any changes in its course can be associated with a dangerous disease. For this reason, you need to carefully monitor the volume, color and nature of the discharge, and if there are deviations from the usual cycle, you must visit a doctor and also be examined by a doctor. If something bothers you, ask again and find out why the doctor prescribed you exactly that.
You can not ignore such a signal as the black selection a few days after the menstrual period. In this case, it is better to be safe than to deal with serious gynecological diseases.
And, most importantly: in no case do not self-medicate, take any medicines or folk remedies. This may aggravate the situation. Well, if the situation can be corrected without time and money. Take care of yourself and your health!
When dark discharge after menstruation is considered normal
If dark mentions go after menstruation, every woman worries about what is it? When this phenomenon becomes a continuation of menstruation and quickly ends, it is not supplemented by unpleasant sensations, doctors call it the norm. Such a daub may appear under the influence of the following factors:
- Receiving drugs that affect blood clotting.
- Contraceptives - change not only the color of discharge, but also their duration.
- Rough sex before critical days - can injure the small vessels located in the vagina.
- Physical exertion and stress is another reason why it smears brown long after the end of menstruation.
- Strict diet.
There may be several causes of brown menses.
If the discharge is considered habitual and does not cause inconvenience, no action is needed. Normally, the menstrual cycle should not cause discomfort, cause pain and fever.
There are several factors that cause dark discharge. These are the following reasons:
- Menstruation has not ended - daub, which is observed no more than three days after it - is a completely natural phenomenon. When the endometrium leaves the uterus, blood is released in a smaller amount, and on the tenth day it should completely disappear. If the discharge is observed longer, has a bright red color, has become more abundant, urgent medical care is needed. This is a clear sign of serious pathology.
- Acceptance of hormonal contraceptives - the appearance of daubs a few days after the end of menstruation may be the result of the use of contraceptives. In the first three months, this symptom is quite acceptable. But when the discharge lasts longer, the drug should be replaced or completely stopped using it.
- Ovulation and implantation - when a fertilized egg is released from the follicle, mucus is released from the vagina, in which it can notice blood impurities. This is normal. If there was unprotected sex on ovulation days, a dark brown daub could be a sign of pregnancy.
All these conditions are considered physiological, but only in the absence of pain and smell. При появлении зеленоватой мазни и резей в животе нужно срочно идти к доктору.
Symptoms of pathology
Discharge beginning after menstruation should be alarming if one of the following symptoms is present. Sometimes they become the first sign of a serious illness. In this case, it is extremely important to quickly talk with the doctor. When a disease is detected early, it is much easier to cure it. The disease can manifest itself with the following symptoms:
- Menstruation is over, but after sex, a beige or bloody daub is regularly observed.
- The discharge is accompanied by a bad smell, pain, fever.
- Dark discharge appeared a couple of days after the critical days, and the woman does not accept contraceptives.
- Menstruation goes on unusually long.
- Daubs appeared during menopause, a year after the last menstrual period.
During menopause may appear strange selection
Dark discharge is often caused precisely by diseases. Therefore, you should regularly go to the gynecologist and undergo a preventive examination. And when the above symptoms are detected, the help of a physician should be immediate.
Why a week after menstruation go brown discharge
Dark daub that occurs a week after the end of menstruation is a cause for excitement. This may be a manifestation of infection, hormonal failure or disruption in the work of the whole organism. Discharges that appeared two weeks after the critical days signal possible implantation of the embryo. Among the dangerous diseases can be identified:
- Endometritis is an inflammation of the uterus caused by pathogenic bacteria. The disease is manifested by severe pain, general weakness and low-grade fever. In the chronic stage, it is asymptomatic, and only slight dark discharge can signal the development of pathology.
- Endometriosis is a disease in which the endometrium grows beyond the uterus. It can lead to infertility. Suspect illness can on brown daub, appearing a week after menstruation.
- Ectopic pregnancy - the egg is fixed and develops outside the uterus. Minor dark discharge quickly turns into bleeding, which is complemented by severe abdominal pain.
- Uterine fibroids - a benign tumor, which develops in the muscle layer of the uterus. It does not go away on its own: drug therapy is most often performed, but for a large tumor, surgery is prescribed.
Uterine fibroids can trigger brown secretions
Sometimes bloody daub can occur during a normal cycle failure. The reason is stress, climate change, banal fatigue.
Brown discharge with smell
Light brown discharges that occur immediately after menstruation usually have no odor. If it appears, it is a sign of the penetration of pathogens into the organism. They can live in the uterus or in the vagina, change the structure of tissues, and have a negative effect on the vessels. As a result, they lose their impenetrability, so the discharge turns brown.
Daubs, accompanied by an uncharacteristic smell and strong aching pains - a sign of a possible ectopic pregnancy. If you suspect you need to urgently talk with your doctor and undergo an ultrasound. Do not delay with this - it is very important to recognize such a pregnancy in the early stages. The slightest delay can lead to sad consequences, up to a lethal outcome.
Severe pain and daub can signal ectopic pregnancy
Discharge after menstruation may be caused by inflammation. In this case, it is accompanied by a burning sensation and itching in the genital area. Such symptoms are characteristic of thrush, chlamydia, bacterial vaginosis, and gonorrhea. If it occurs, you should contact a specialist - he will cure the disease within a week.
Allocation before and after menstruation
Brown smear may appear after menstruation for a variety of reasons. Most often this is a clear sign of pathology.
Among the main provoking factors include:
- Use of contraceptives - daub is observed during the use of contraceptives. Also, a symptom may appear when using pills intended for emergency abortion.
- The presence of erosion - brown daub is typical for erosive lesions of the cervix.
- Inflammation of the endometrium - the disease is accompanied by severe abdominal pain, the presence of small bloody clots. In the absence of proper treatment, serious consequences are possible.
- Uterine myoma is a benign tumor that may be asymptomatic. Therefore, it is important to undergo a regular examination, and if you find any obscure signs go to the doctor.
- Polyps - growth on the mucous membrane, which is formed as a result of hormonal disorders.
- Oncology is another cause of bloody brown discharge a week after the end of menstruation.
What to do
When daub is considered the norm, no action is needed to eliminate it. If the discharge goes long enough, they can be reduced with the help of folk remedies. The list of herbs used in gynecology for menstruation:
If self-medication does not give a positive result, and daub becomes abundant and unpleasantly smelling, the help of a qualified gynecologist will be required. This is a clear sign of a serious illness. In this case, it is necessary to undergo a course of treatment, which will help to prevent negative consequences. If daub is caused by inflammation, you need to drink antibacterial drugs, vitamins and other means. When the cause is a hormonal failure, estrogen or progestin is prescribed.
The discharge that occurs between menstruation may indicate a possible bleeding. This means that the cervix is not fully closed, and this is a clear deviation from the norm. If time does not pay attention to the symptom, further surgery may become inevitable. Sometimes the brown discharge is caused by a failed pregnancy. But only a doctor is able to verify this. When confirming the diagnosis, additional cleaning or medical assistance will be required to reduce the uterus.
Women's health requires constant attention and careful handling, and it is important to immediately eliminate any deviations. Any disruptions affect the production of hormones, which leads to premature aging. Therefore, when dark brown secretions appear, do not be lazy to go to a gynecologist. The uterus responds to any changes in the body. The nature of the discharge may vary due to diseases that are not related to the genitals. And only a specialist can determine the cause of violations. Timely treatment will help prevent complications and normalize the reproductive system.
Hormones. Young girls, who still do not know what menstruation and sex life are, may have discharge on the eve of menarche. With the formation of hormonal background, this picture can be observed for about a year. This is due to the fact that progesterone and estrogen levels fluctuate. Planned bleeding can also change its consistency and profusion, as well as color.
Breast-feeding. Similar to the black discharge before menstruation can be observed in women who are breastfeeding. Their hormonal background is also unstable. Over time, it will even out, but will finally be established after the completion of breastfeeding.
Contraception. Oral contraceptive use - stress for the reproductive system. It usually takes at least three months to adapt. At this time, black highlights that may appear on any day of the cycle are not excluded. Discontinuation of contraception also causes discharge.
Menopause. When menopause occurs a powerful restructuring of the reproductive system, therefore, the appearance on the strip of different secretions - the norm. The main thing is to avoid pain and deterioration of the general condition.
Surgical intervention. If a woman underwent surgery, curettage, or some other manipulation to traumatize the mucous membrane, the discharge of black from the vagina is a consequence. The doctor usually warns patients about possible symptoms.
After some time, the bleeding will pass by itself. The color of mucus can be not only dark, but also pink, brown and even red. If you think that something is wrong, consult the doctor who performed the intervention.
Only he knows what the situation is normal in your case. It is worth noting that the duration of this kind of bleeding depends on what operation was performed. It can be abortion, removal of tumors, polyps, scraping and more.
Black discharge from women - what it is and how to be, if menstruation does not begin, we will now try to figure it out. Any discharge can be viewed through the prism of the menstrual cycle.
The factors causing such a deviation may be as follows:
- hormonal imbalance,
- taking oral contraceptives, which in this case are not suitable,
- endocrine pathology.
Ovulation. Blood secretion during ovulation in small quantities suggests that the follicle burst and the egg came out. Or, estrogen levels have changed.
Implantation. When conceiving, there is also a slight bleeding. If the egg has met the spermatozoon, fertilization occurs. Then the ovum must attach to the uterus. Implantation occurs. Hormonal restructuring and slight mucosal injury are responsible for the black discharge in the middle of the cycle. The duration of bleeding is 1-2 days.
The risk of miscarriage. Confirmed pregnancy requires careful monitoring. Sometimes bleeding can begin on the day on which menstruation had previously started. It is possible interruption of pregnancy, since the hormones are not rebuilt.
Endometrial detachment begins, which can carry with her and the ovum. As we have said, in the middle of the cycle, black daub in early pregnancy is considered normal. It is important that: discharge should not increase, pain should also not be.
In case of dark bleeding with clots, pathologies such as can be suspected:
With these diseases the general condition is always disturbed, pain appears.
If you notice dark blood during your period, you don’t need to worry. The uterus simply rejects the inner layer. The color gamut of the endometrium ranges from pink to almost black. When it is released during the period of menstruation, a woman can feel something like a jelly drop out of the perineum. This is the clots.
In small quantities, they are permissible during scheduled bleeding and do not threaten health. If such a situation is observed from cycle to cycle, and the woman regularly goes to the gynecologist for a visit, then clots are an individual feature of the body. After menstruation, black discharge from women should already be on the alert.
Normally, the uterus should reject about 60 ml of blood per day. If you notice that the gasket fills up very quickly, then something goes wrong. This usually causes pain and clots becomes larger. Be sure to contact the gynecologist, because it is during menstruation that various diseases manifest themselves.
If there are septa in the uterus, which are formed due to mechanical injuries of the epithelium, the blood is retained, so it closes. The woman then complains that her daub is black after menstruation.
With a sharp weight loss due to stressful situations, the nature of menstrual bleeding changes. Selections become thicker and darker.
After the menstrual bleeding is complete, the uterus continues to clear. Discharge, stained with blood, can last about three days. If you do not have them finish 5-7 days, then you need to contact a gynecologist. Such pathologies as a polyp, myoma or adenomyosis are not excluded. Asking a question to the doctor, black discharge after menstruation is what it is, he will answer only after the examination, in order to clarify the diagnosis.
Often women complain about the appearance of spotting on the eve of menstruation. Normally, they should not last more than one day, smoothly turning into menstruation. In the case of a longer discharge (3-4 days), you should consult a doctor. If you have always had it, but the gynecologist does not see any abnormalities, then this picture is an individual feature of the organism.
This is due to the hormonal changes observed before menstruation. Note, this is often the case when taking oral contraception, or when it was necessary to use the emergency contraceptive method.
Often anomalies of the anatomical plan contribute to the appearance of mucus too dark tones. Often we are talking about the wrong forms of the uterus, so the blood does not go on time, but stagnates. An ultrasound examination of these patients reveals a two-horned or saddle-shaped uterus. Congenital pathology.
Black daub before menstruation can be a disturbing symptom if a woman plans to conceive. We are talking about ectopic pregnancy, when the fertilized egg grows and develops in the fallopian tube. There will be other symptoms as well:
- pain in the abdomen, radiating to the side,
- deterioration of general well-being,
- rise in body temperature.
Discharges can be with clots, and without them. By color - bloody, dark. The consistency can be any.
Timely violation of the violation requires urgent hospitalization with the aim of abortion. Only emergency measures will help preserve the fallopian tube, the importance of which for future pregnancy is very great.
Spontaneous abortion also gives similar symptoms if the fetus is frozen in the womb.
Black discharge after menstruation is not similar to bleeding observed after childbirth. And it can scare a woman, because clots are usually quite large. They call such discharge lohia. They last about a month, gradually changing their consistency and color. If at the beginning you see dark mucus, similar to jelly, then with the passage of time the secretions will become lighter and very soon they will look like ordinary daub.
During breastfeeding, periods may be absent for about two years. And the cycle will be restored when the woman wean the baby.
It is possible that black daub a week after menstruation
will appear in the first months of the regulation. And this is normal, because after a long break, the body needs time to hormonal changes.
In addition, spotting may be before the start of menstruation. The amount and appearance of bleeding varies. Selections are usually more abundant, but not always changes are immediately noticeable. Often, a nursing mother costs only daily pads in the postpartum cycle.
And importantly, many women after childbirth undergo pain and menstruation no longer puts to bed. To monitor the situation, visit your gynecologist to conduct an examination and examination.
During pathology, black discharge after menstruation must be supplemented with other unpleasant symptoms:
- pain in the back, in the abdomen or in the side,
- unpleasant cramps
- bleeding is intense and profuse
- the smell of mucus is repulsive with hints of rotten fish, onions, cottage cheese,
- body temperature rises, chills appear,
- deterioration of general well-being - fatigue, weakness,
- vomiting or nausea
- difficulty urinating,
- burning and itching in the vagina.
Typically, this picture is observed in various inflammations and infectious diseases, as well as in the presence of tumor processes.
After examination, the gynecologist will prescribe additional tests and clarify the diagnosis, and then prescribe adequate treatment.
A woman should monitor the amount of mucus and its nature. If there are warning signs, then you need to register with a gynecologist. Adequate treatment, started on time, will help to quickly get rid of unpleasant symptoms and guarantee a quick cure for this or that pathology.
During the formation of the female body, from about twelve years old, the girl can already begin regular menstruation. In order to understand whether the future woman’s physiological changes are right, it is necessary to know the parameters of a normal cycle.
The woman's menstrual cycle is regulated by the central nervous system, as well as the regional sex glands. Each of the bodies involved in the process performs its function strictly at a certain time, at the appropriate stage.
The central “command posts” are the pituitary and hypothalamus located in the brain, and the adrenal glands and ovaries work in harmony with them. A normal physiological menstrual cycle consists of one bleeding and a period to the next, lasting from 23 to 35 days, including the actual bleeding, which should last from three to seven days.
The average cycle is a lunar month - the duration of its twenty-eight days. During this time, one menstruation should come, and before the next one comes, there will be twenty to twenty three days without discharge.
В подавляющем большинстве случаев период до кровотечения проходит безболезненно. Однако мало найдется женщин, у которых хотя бы раз в жизни не появились какие-либо выделения через неделю после месячных. Many were repeatedly bothered by changes in the color of vaginal discharge.
Why such conditions arise, how dangerous they are, what is recommended to be done to prevent serious problems in the future. First you need to highlight the causes of dysfunctional states.
Physiological or similar factors are listed below:
- establishment of a normal cycle at the beginning of puberty,
- the use of drugs containing hormones for contraception or treatment,
- the impact of traumatic factors on the mucous membrane of the external genital organs during sexual intercourse or early sexual activity,
- stressful situations
- abrupt climate change,
- the establishment of a cycle after abortion, childbirth, gynecological surgical interventions.
In addition, the poor dark discharge before the beginning or within a few days immediately after menstruation characterize the individual nature of the work of the sex glands of a particular woman.
The appearance of brown discharge on the first day of menstruation, a few hours or even a day before the onset of menstruation indicates the activation of trigger mechanisms that will lead to normal bleeding.
The discharge on the first day of many, rather scanty, of a thick consistency, is a mixture of blood clots, fragments of the uterine mucosa, quickly darken with the access of oxygen. It is for this reason that they are often mistaken for dark colors.
If on the second or third day the bleeding is getting better, it proceeds with the release of normal menstrual blood and stops after five to seven days, then there is no cause for concern.
Stable brown discharge during menstruation throughout their length, repeated in each subsequent cycle, should alert the patient. If they are also accompanied by an unpleasant odor, pains of varying intensity in the lower abdomen or lower back, cutting with urination, discomfort of sexual life, this is a significant reason to seek advice and the help of a gynecologist.
The appearance of such phenomena is alarming in the period of menopause or the onset of such. Women over the age of forty-five or seven years who have a history of no bleeding for several months and suddenly have dark brown discolorations in themselves should also immediately rush to the doctor.
Pathological causes of dark discharge may be as follows:
- erosive changes of the cervix,
- ectopic pregnancy,
- inflammatory diseases of the cervix or vaginal mucosa,
- polypous growths on mucous internal genital organs,
- endometritis - inflammation of the uterine lining,
- the threat of termination of uterine pregnancy,
- oncological diseases of the reproductive system,
- a combination of the various causes mentioned with sexually transmitted infections.
All of these factors require confirmation from a specialist. Independently establish what exactly led to the appearance of dark secretions, it is impossible.
Simply put, it is damage to the integrity of the mucous membrane, which has a non-inflammatory nature. The erosion of childbirth, gynecological surgery, infectious diseases, some features of the intimate sphere provoke the occurrence: traumatic intercourse, early onset of sexual activity.
Usually, erosive changes of the mucosa do not manifest themselves in any way - their presence becomes evident when examined by a gynecologist. But it happens that the discharge of dark color can become an alarming symptom, noticing that a woman visits a doctor for a checkup.
The threat of miscarriage and other diseases
Normal uterine pregnancy in the early stages may be accompanied by dark color secretions. This is possible if the uterus is in good shape, not enough of its own hormones to maintain normal hormonal levels, or the fertilized egg is fixed close to the exit from the uterus. With an increase in its size, the termination of pregnancy can occur at a later time - it is necessary to observe such a patient in a hospital setting in order to preserve the pregnancy.
Polypous growths, oncological diseases, inflammatory and non-inflammatory diseases of the female genital organs can also be accompanied by secretions of a dark brown-red color at various stages of the menstrual cycle. The accession of infections or the presence of diseases that are transmitted through sexual contact, only exacerbates the clinical manifestations.
Treatment and Prevention
In each individual case requires its own approach and the selection of therapeutic measures. Definitely, only the understanding that it is necessary to appear at a gynecologist's appointment at least once every six months. Should be consciously related to women's health.
Prevention consists of adhering to the following recommendations:
- good and eat right
- observe sexual hygiene,
- avoid abortions
- without the need not to take hormonal drugs,
- time and in full to treat diseases of the sexual sphere.
The health of a woman, the future mother, determines the health of future generations and the people as a whole. Careful attention to the signals of the female body will help to avoid serious pathologies.