During the period of menstrual bleeding, girls have to experience many inconveniences: sharp mood swings, cramps, the need to limit oneself in physical activity. Additional discomfort creates the risk of leakage through hygiene products. In order not to get into an awkward situation, you need to know how not to leak during menstruation.
Ways to protect
Manufacturers of hygiene products have taken care of the comfort of modern women. On the shelves of stores you can find such tools:
- Tampons - are introduced into the vagina and absorb secretions. Allow you to lead an active lifestyle. Have a different degree of absorption depending on the nature of the discharge. In order for the blood not to stagnate and the inflammatory process does not begin, it is important to replace the used products in time.
- Capes (menstrual cup) - a harmless alternative to tampons. Made of silicone, do not contribute to the proliferation of microorganisms. Bowls are reusable, they can be touched only with clean hands. Minus cap in the inconvenience of use for owners of long nails and the need to wash a container filled with secretions that is not suitable for squeamish girls.
- Diapers - extreme measure. They are used for heavy discharge if there is a risk that a conventional gasket will not cope or it will not be possible to replace it in time. In this case, increased protection will relieve anxiety and make you feel comfortable.
- Gaskets. They differ in absorbency, type of upper layer, form. For heavy discharge suitable categories "super" and "night".
In order not to leak during menstruation, you need to ensure proper and reliable fixation of hygiene products.
What should be done:
- before the procedure, wash your hands,
- the gasket must be removed from the packaging, remove the protective strips, place in the center of the panties,
- if there are wings, you should wrap them around the base of the linen and glue on the bottom,
- making sure the gasket is held tight, you can put on the panties and smooth the folds,
- Throw the used gasket into the trash can, twisting it in toilet paper or wrapping.
How to gain confidence
In the early days of menstruation, even with proper use of hygiene products, leakage is possible. In this case it is necessary to take all possible measures:
- The linen should be tight and fit to the body so that the gasket does not slip to the side. Even in the case of leakage, thick fabric will be able to absorb some blood and reduce the size of stains on clothes.
- If the discharge is abundant, on critical days it is better to wear special underwear. It is made of three-layer fabric: the first layer absorbs moisture, the second holds the liquid inside, the third consists of cotton and provides comfort. Such underwear does not interfere with air exchange and allows you to feel confident.
- For sleep, it is better to use elongated night pads. They can be worn during the day so as not to leak at school.
- To be prepared for unforeseen situations, it is best to take with you hygiene items, underwear, and a replacement skirt or pants during your period. Do not hesitate to ask friends for help if the seals are out. With scanty excretions, toilet paper folded in several layers may help out for the time being.
- Should monitor their physical activity. You can continue to do your daily activities, but when performing acrobatic stunts, running and jumping, the chances of leakage increase. At the same time, exercise allows you to relieve cramps, so if you feel well you should not give up physical education.
- If you wear dark clothes free cut, the spots will not be evident and it will be easier to wash them.
- To make sure everything is in order, it is best to visit the toilet every two hours.
- Girls are often worried about how not to leak at night during menstruation. To protect the bed will help the old towel or blanket. This will sleep peacefully. Under the pajama pants, it is better to wear leggings or elastic shorts so that the pad does not move.
Blood is a good breeding ground for bacteria. In the morning and in the evening it is necessary to take a shower with the use of special gels that do not violate the vaginal microflora. You should not swim in the bath, in the pool and in open water.
With a need to wear wipes for intimate hygiene.
It is important to timely replace hygiene products:
- tampons - once every 3 hours
- caps - once in 10−12 hours
- gaskets - with scanty discharge every 6 hours, with heavy - after 3 hours.
Do not be shy of critical days. Even if the clothes get a little dirty, you don't have to worry about it. For the same reason, you should not dwell on how to sleep during menstruation, so as not to leak.
It would be more correct to focus on rest and recuperation. Menstruation is a natural process faced by all healthy women of childbearing age.
What to do when menstruation begins
Menstruation may begin earlier or later, depending on the characteristics of the organism itself or the effects of the environment. Especially often this happens if the girl went first monthly or the cycle has not yet fully established.
To avoid unpleasant situations in school, you must be prepared, that is, always carry personal care products with you. This will not worry because of the appearance and possible incidents, such as soiled clothes or school chair. In addition, a complete sense of confidence and peace will remain, it will be possible to avoid unexpected periods not only at home, but even help if necessary for a close friend or classmate.
Many of the girls are embarrassed to ask for a toilet lesson. There is nothing shameful here, because menstruation is a natural process, do not feel uncomfortable, every woman went through it.
Regular visits to the restroom can get rid of unpleasant odors, blood stains, feelings of discomfort or fear.
If the first periods were overtaken at school at the most inopportune moment, and there are no hygiene products at hand (gaskets, tampons), there is no need to worry. In such a situation, you can call your mother, explain to her what happened. In addition, you can ask for help from a friend, class teacher, or school nurse. The main thing - to keep calm and not worry about trifles.
How to behave during menstruation
Monthly can go at any time, especially with an unstabilized cycle, and to be ready for this, you should follow some recommendations.
Under any circumstances, you need to carry personal hygiene products with you in order not to feel discomfort or embarrassment. These can be pads, tampons, or menstrual cups.
It is necessary to organize a special place for intimate hygiene products. If this causes embarrassment, you can hide them in the furthest pocket of a backpack, bag or clothes. The main thing - do not forget to replenish stock.
If periods begin at school and are fairly abundant, you should take extra underwear and clothing with you. If necessary, you can quickly change clothes. If blood stains on pants or skirts are noticeable, this will avoid fears, embarrassment and embarrassment to classmates and the rest of the school students.
You should always carry around painkillers that will help calm not only headaches, but also various monthly symptoms: bloating, nausea, and abdominal pain. In order not to harm health, you need to talk to your parents and consult with your doctor. This will help you know which drug to use.
It is important to keep track of the days on the calendar in order to calculate your cycle and know the approximate dates of the onset of menstruation. It is good when monthly periods are regular, but they can also go earlier or a little later, therefore, each girl should be prepared for them in advance and carry hygiene items with them. If the monthly begin according to the schedule, then before they start you can use tampons or pads.
Do not be shy to ask for help in case of unexpected periods. There is nothing shameful about this, you can ask for a gasket from a friend, a class teacher, or contact a school nurse.
If the monthly period began, and there are no personal hygiene products at hand, you can make a lining yourself: to do this, take a long piece of toilet paper, roll it up with an accordion and put it on underwear, then take a new paper and wrap the first piece several times to fix it homemade pads. If the monthly poor, this option is quite fit. With heavy discharge, such a technique can help to get to the nurse or wait for a friend, mother.
What allows to facilitate the process of menstruation
Menstruation can begin at any time. Unexpected critical days always cause discomfort and create an embarrassing situation, therefore, the following rules should be taken into account, which will ease the flow of menstruation and eliminate the inconvenience of classmates:
- drink plenty of fluids
- eat right,
- regularly change personal care products,
- do not avoid physical activity
- wear comfortable clothes.
It is necessary to use a sufficient amount of liquid - it is not only different juices, teas and other drinks, first of all there must be clean water. Compliance with the water balance has a positive effect on health and contributes to the removal of excess fluid from the body.
In addition, you can eat foods:
Caffeine should be limited because it has a negative effect on menstruation, and the consumption of fatty and heavy foods contributes to the heavy flow of menstruation. Fried, smoked, salty, as well as fast food and carbonated drinks are accompanied by bloating and discomfort in the stomach. Not only before menstruation, but in general you need to follow a proper, balanced diet and adhere to it especially during the period of critical days.
It is necessary to visit a toilet often, approximately each 2-3 hours. This will avoid leakage of blood and contaminated clothing. You need to constantly check the purity of underwear, as well as the filling of the pads. If you change the means of hygiene in a timely manner, it will help avoid embarrassing situations, and frequent emptying of the bladder can alleviate pain and prevent the retention of excess fluid in the body.
Do not skip sports - they do not interfere with menstruation.
On the contrary, they contribute to the weakening of abdominal pains and help the most light flow of menstruation. Physical education at school should not be an obstacle during menstruation, and instead of sitting on the bench, you can work out and stretch your muscles.
It is better to wear dark-colored clothing during the critical days. There are less noticeable signs of menstruation, so there will be a feeling of complete calm and confidence. But this does not mean that during menstruation it is necessary to wear nondescript outfits. If you wish, you can wear bright shades, while not forgetting the precautions and personal hygiene.
Do not be shy and worry about this, because the monthly - this is natural, they indicate the correct operation of the female reproductive system and the formation of its main functions. To calm you can talk with friends and discuss this topic.
Many girls are especially worried about the smell during menstruation. At the same time you need to know that they do not smell at all. The smell is formed due to the pads, saturated with blood. To avoid this, it is necessary to frequently change personal hygiene products and use perfumes.