When the stomach hurts during menstruation, a woman or a young girl sometimes becomes completely disabled. Every 10 women suffer from intolerable pain during menstruation, often leading to fainting and even convulsions. It is believed that menstruation is a natural process in a woman’s body, which should not be accompanied by very strong spastic pains in the lower abdomen, much less vomiting, nausea, headache, diarrhea or constipation.
Gynecologists strongly recommend with intensive painful menstruation to first find out the cause of its occurrence, because it may not just be a feature of your body, but be symptoms of a serious illness or dysfunction of the nervous, sexual, endocrine system, a symptom of connective tissue dysplasia or other In this article, we will talk about how to reduce the pain of a girl or woman during a month, what should be done to relieve pain during menstruation and about limit the true cause of such an abnormal condition of the body.
How to alleviate the pain during menstruation of young girls?
In gynecology, painful periods are divided into primary, when a girl from the very beginning of menstruation has never had painless periods and secondary periods, when severe pain during menstruation occurs in women after 30 years against various infectious and inflammatory diseases of the female genital organs, hormonal disruptions, after surgery, etc.
According to many women and doctors, the primary algomenorrhea (pain during menstruation) can pass on its own after a woman has given birth to a child, then the uterus will become less painful during menstruation. But, if this does not happen, moreover, if a young woman cannot become pregnant and has a whole complex of symptoms, both before menstruation - premenstrual syndrome, and during menstruation, it is necessary to undergo a comprehensive examination not only by a gynecologist, but also by such specialists as a gastroenterologist, phthisiologist, gynecologist, neurologist, endocrinologist, osteopath, psychotherapist.
Since the main causes of painful menstruation in girls can be general systemic diseases such as connective tissue dysplasia, manifested in the development of spinal curvature, dysfunction of the gastrointestinal tract, frequent dislocations, varicose veins of the legs and organs of the small pelvis. Also, the cause of primary algomenorrhea may be genital tuberculosis, leading to abnormal development of the genital organs, underdevelopment of the mammary glands, uterus and uterine appendages, which is the cause of persistent infertility. Various diseases of the nervous system, mental disorders, emotional instability in girls can be the result of the same genital tuberculosis or be an independent violation, having hereditary or congenital roots.
Considering the above, these pathologies should first be excluded, and then, on the basis of establishing or excluding these diagnoses, decide on methods for pain relief during menstruation.
Non-Drug Pain Relief for Menstruation
To reduce pain during menstruation in girls with primary algomenorrhea, it will be possible to use non-drug methods of dealing with painful periods, such as:
It is very easy to say, but it is rather difficult to learn how to relax, calm down, not get upset, and cope with stress. In our difficult time, the abundance of negative information, the bitterness of the people around you, financial problems, failures in personal relationships expose the modern woman to constant emotional turmoil. Thought is material, if you can manage to cope with yourself and tune in to a certain positive wave, you can cope with any problem, you just have to constantly work on yourself, control your thoughts, not pay attention to trivia, set priorities correctly. This helps yoga classes, meditation.
It does not sound banal, but the rejection of these habits can reduce pain during menstruation. The female body is not able to cope with the nicotine and alcohol attack, as the male. Smoking is very detrimental to the entire female body, causing early aging, painful periods, bringing menopause, provoking the emergence of various diseases and increasing the risk of cancer. Nowadays, oncological tensions, when cancer affects even young women of childbearing age, if you add daily nicotine poisoning and alcohol intoxication, it loads the immune system, which gradually ceases to destroy cancer cells and allows them to grow.
- Bodyflex yoga classes
For pain during menstruation, physical activity and sexual intercourse in the second phase of the menstrual cycle should be limited; however, in the first phase, it is very useful to practice yoga or body flex. Why? These two types of physical exercises have a positive effect on the female genital organs, since, both during yoga and Bodyflex, a powerful massage of the internal organs and organs of the small pelvis occurs as well. These exercises contribute to the resorption of adhesions, stimulate ovulation, and generally have a beneficial effect on the respiratory and musculoskeletal and cardiovascular systems of the body.
Proper nutrition has a positive effect not only on pain relief during menstruation, but also on general health. A few days before menstruation, you should eat as much fruit and vegetables as possible, do not overeat, especially limit the consumption of fatty and sweet food, flour and refined foods, exclude fast food, sausages, meat and dairy products. You should use more liquid, up to 2 - 2.5 liters per day, it is better if it is not tea and coffee, but mineral water, freshly squeezed vegetable and fruit juices - carrot, beet, apple, orange, pineapple, and also hot herbal tea with chamomile, mint.
Any hypothermia, thin pantyhose in frost, poor autumn and winter footwear that helps feet get wet in the cold and rainy season provoke inflammatory processes in the pelvis, causing salpingitis, adnexitis (see inflammation of appendages - symptoms and treatment), disrupting the menstrual cycle and leading to painful menstruation and even infertility.
- If you experience severe pain, you can press your legs to your chest and put a heating pad on your stomach
How to relieve pain during menstruation? Attach a bottle of warm water or a heating pad to your stomach and lie down, pressing your legs to your chest, this helps to increase blood flow and reduces painful spasms. Keep the heating pad should be no more than 15-20 minutes, otherwise it may increase bleeding.
- Fresh air
Sometimes being in a stuffy room aggravates the condition, increases pain during menstruation, if you go out into the fresh air, take a walk in the park, or just ventilate the room well - this can alleviate the condition, reduce headache, and lower abdominal pain.
- It is very important to preserve the first pregnancy during primary algomenorrhea.
The first medical abortion (consequences) in a woman with painful menstruation can provoke the development of infertility and aggravate the pain during the menstruation. After pregnancy, in most cases, pain during menstruation.
- Physiotherapy, massage, acupuncture
A sufficiently effective method of physiotherapy treatment is electrophoresis to the solar plexus zone with novocaine, the doctor may prescribe 6-8 sessions with the expectation to complete the treatment by the beginning of menstruation. It is also possible to conduct various options for reflexology, acupuncture - general, acupressure, canned therapy, bloodletting with the help of hirudotherapy also have a beneficial effect on the entire body and on the genital organs including, however, such treatment methods are best trusted by professionals. If there is no possibility of a therapeutic massage before the menstruation, during menstruation, you can independently make a passive massage using the Kuznetsov applicator, apply it to the lower back and lie on your back, lie down for 10-15 minutes.
- Keep track of the methods and menstruation calendar
Girls and women with painful periods should keep a calendar of the nature and symptoms of menstruation. It should indicate the duration of menstruation, the duration of the menstrual cycle, the intensity of bleeding, scanty menstruation or heavy menstruation (uterine bleeding), as well as the nature, localization of pain, and other symptoms accompanying menstruation. Women seeking to become pregnant can also take into account the basal temperature in the calendar, which helps in determining ovulation. In the diary of menstruation, it is worthwhile to record the treatment options conducted to relieve pain, this will help in the future to determine the effectiveness of a particular means or method of pain relief, as well as help recall and describe your symptoms when visiting a gynecologist.
- Compliance with sleep, work, rest
A full 8-10 hours of sleep, adherence to the day and meals, the habit of going to bed at exactly the same time, not to overwork - simple tips, but very effective. Compliance with the regime in everything - soothes the nervous system, makes life measured and calm, helps to cope with stress.
Medications to reduce pain during menstruation
If the menstrual periods in girls are accompanied by significant neuropsychiatric signs, such as a change in the perception of odors, a disturbance of taste, unmotivated weakness, hysteria, irritability, depressive mood, anorexia, then sedatives should be used - tincture or valerian tablets, Relanium, Trioxazin and other sedatives medications prescribed by a doctor.
- Analgesics, antispasmodics, NSAIDs
If all the listed non-pharmacological agents do not provide relief, antispasmodics are shown to reduce pain during menstruation, such as Spazgan, No-spa, and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs - Ketanov, Ibuprofen, Butadione, Nise. The safest among these products is No-shpa or the domestic analogue of Drotaverine hydrochloride, Papaverine, they are allowed for use even during pregnancy, you can use 2 tablets up to 3 times a day. NSAIDs, of course, have a more pronounced analgesic effect, however, they have a number of side effects, negatively affecting all systems and organs, especially the digestive tract, the central nervous system.
- Hormonal oral contraceptives
On the recommendation of the gynecologist during primary algomenorrhea, to get rid of pain during menstruation, hormonal contraceptive drugs are prescribed, such as Ovidon, Antiovin, Triziston, Diane-35, Yarin (see the list of all oral contraceptives), as well as the use of medicines from natural progestins, for example, Duphaston.
It is advisable to get all the vitamins with food, fruits and vegetables, but if you take a biochemical blood test and determine the deficiency of specific vitamins or minerals, you can compensate for the deficiency with the help of vitamin complexes or individual vitamins in injections. Most often, women are deficient in calcium - you can take Calcium D3, B vitamins, vitamin E, magnesium B6.
Treatment of secondary algomenorrhea
When a woman who already has children begins to experience pain during menstruation, accompanied by additional symptom complexes - nausea, headache, depression, fainting, tachycardia, pain in the joints, itching of the skin - this is caused by the development of various diseases of the endocrine, nervous, vegetative-vascular system , or caused by various pathologies and diseases of the female genital organs.
Most often, secondary algomenorrhea appears in endometriosis, polyps in the uterus, adhesions in infectious and inflammatory diseases of the genital organs - salpingitis, oophoritis, salpingoophoritis, as well as in uterine cancer, ovarian cancer, varicose veins in the abdominal cavity and lower extremities, and in the pelvic neuritis, cicatricial constriction of the cervix from frequent medical abortions, intrauterine devices, diagnostic curettage and other surgical operations.
Therefore, in order to relieve pain during menstruation with secondary algomenorrhea, treatment should be directed at eliminating the cause, treatment of the disease that caused such a violation. Sometimes incorrectly installed intrauterine contraceptives contribute to the development of pain during menstruation, in which case they should be removed. In adhesions, endometriosis, or tumor lesions of the genital organs, appropriate therapy or surgery is recommended, followed by a rehabilitation course, physiotherapy, and spa treatment.
How to get rid of pain during menstruation? With secondary algomenorrhea, as well as with primary, you can try to ease the pain with monthly non-drug methods. In the absence of their effect, medical methods are indicated, symptomatic therapy based on the reduction of pain during menstruation through antispasmodic and NSAIDs, sedatives to alleviate psycho-emotional symptoms.
Folk remedies - how to get rid of pain during menstruation
Folk remedies to reduce pain during menstruation are based on the use of various collections of medicinal herbs. However, it should be remembered that any medicinal plant or the collection of herbs is the same medicine as tablets, with possible contraindications and allergic reactions. If a woman has a tendency to allergic manifestations, then you should very carefully use herbal preparations, checking the body's response to each remedy. Infusions of herbs are recommended to take warm and drink slowly.
- Root elecampane - 1 teaspoon pour a glass of boiling water, insist 1 hour, take 1 tablespoon of 3 p / day.
- Horsetail - for the preparation of infusion, you need 1 tbsp. spoon pour 300 ml of boiling water, insist one hour, use 50 mg every hour. Increase the intake interval as the pain subsides.
- Collection - cinquefoil goose, centaury, horsetail, knotweed grass, in the ratio of 5: 3: 1: 5, one tablespoon of the mixture is poured with a glass of boiling water, infused for 1 hour, take 1 sip for the entire first day of menstruation.
- Celery root odorous - 2 tbsp. spoons should be poured with a glass of clean cold water, insist 2 hours, strain, take a third of the glass 3 p / day.
- Forest strawberry leaves - 1 tbsp. spoon pours 1 cup of cold water, infused for 6-8 hours a day should drink half a cup.
- Collection - valerian root, peppermint leaves, chamomile flowers in the ratio 1: 1: 2, pour 1 tbsp of boiling water. spoon mixture, insist half an hour, take 3 p / day, 2 tbsp. spoons.
- Leaves of raspberry - 3 tsp. Of leaves pour 1 cup boiling water, infuse for 15 minutes, take sips during the day.
- Apply dry hot towels, hot sand or bran bags to the stomach and feet.
- You can put a bag filled with a hot gruel of flax seeds or compresses with hot semi-cooked barley or hay dust on the lower abdomen.
- Restorative treatment (walking, skiing and skating, tempering bathing)
Recipes for painful menstruation
• 1 tablespoon of horsetail brew 300 g of water. Insist 1 hour, strain. Drink 50-100 g every two hours. When the pain begins to subside, drink 50 g three times a day. - 2 tablespoons of crushed leaves and stems of water pepper pour 0.5 liters of boiling water, boil for 10 minutes in a sealed container, cool, drain. Drink 100 g three times a day before meals.
• Pour two teaspoons of dried crushed roots of gentian cruciate with three cups of boiling water, boil over low heat for 10 minutes, leave for 1 hour, drain. Take 100 g three times a day 30 minutes before meals.
• Knotweed grass, horsetail grass, centaury grass, Potentilla grass goose - in the ratio 1: 1: 3: 5. Brew a table spoon of the mixture with a glass of boiling water, leave for 1 hour, strain. Sip during the day. Take 10 days for painful periods.
• A teaspoon of crushed root of the elecampane pour a glass of boiling water, insist 1 hour, strain. Take 1 tablespoon 4 times a day.
• 1 teaspoon of lilac seeds pour 0.5 liters of water, boil over low heat in a sealed container for 15 minutes, cool, drain. Drink 100 g each morning 15-20 minutes before meals.
• 50 g of rhizomes of black cohosh brush-like boil 15 minutes in 1 liter of water, leave for 15 minutes, drain. Drink 1 glass three times a day for 20 minutes before meals.
• Cinnamon - 5 g, cloves - 3 g, chamomile flowers - 50 g. Pour herbs over 1 liter of water and boil over low heat in a sealed container for 30 minutes. Strain. Drink at a time of pain for 1/2 cup 3 times a day.
Лекарственные травы при болезненной менструации
Любисток лекарственный (корни). 1 чайн.ложку хорошо измельченных корней залить 1 стаканом горячей воды, держать в закрытой эмалированной посуде на водяной бане 30 мин., остудить на 10 мин., процедить через 2-3 слоя марли и объем полученного отвара довести кипяченой водой до исходного. Принимать по 1-2 стол.ложки 3 раза в день за 30 мин. before meals.
Сельдерей пахучий (корень). 2 стол.ложки измельченных корней залить стаканом холодной кипяченой воды, выдержать 2 часа и процедить через 2-3 слоя марли. Принимать по 1/3 стакана 3 раза в день.
Девясил. Decoction of the root is used for painful and irregular menstruation, as well as for the prevention of preterm labor (pour a teaspoon of minced root with a glass of boiling water, boil for 10-15 minutes over low heat, insist 4 hours. Take a tablespoon 3-4 times a day).
Wild strawberry. A tablespoon of leaves pour 2 cups of cold boiled water, insist 6-8 hours, drain. Take 1/2 cup of infusion daily with excessive menstruation. The infusion of leaves is prepared by another recipe: brew a glass of boiled water with a tablespoon of crushed leaves, leave for 30 minutes, drain. Take a tablespoon 3-4 times a day.
Calendula officinalis. A 2 percent solution of calendula tincture (a teaspoon of calendula tincture on 1/4 cup of water) is used in the form of douches for treating cervical erosion and trichomonas colpitis.
Stone berry. A decoction of the leaves is used to stop menstruation, belyah and other gynecological diseases.
Stinging nettle a) Juice of fresh nettle leaves should be taken orally with 1 teaspoon 3 times a day in 1/4 cup of water 20 minutes before meals with excessive menstruation and various bleeding.
b) Liquid nettle extract (pharmaceutical preparation). Take 30-40 drops 30 minutes before meals in 1/4 cup of water to prevent uterine bleeding.
c) Cotton swab moistened with juice from fresh nettle leaves, or gruel from leaves on a tampon in the vagina during cervical erosion.
Sea buckthorn In gynecological diseases - cervical erosion, endocervicitis, colpitis - sea buckthorn oil is used in the form of tampons. Treatment is long, epithelialization occurs in 8-12 days, sometimes earlier. The results are persistent.
Horsetail (grass). Brew 1 table spoon of raw material on the kettle. If menstruation is especially strong, drink 1 tbsp. a spoonful of broth every 2 hours, later 3 times a day and 1 tablespoon.
Melissa officinalis (leaves). 2 tablespoons crushed leaves pour 2 cups boiling water, leave for 1 hour. Take on? cup 3 times daily before meals.
Pepper water (grass). 1 tablespoon of grass pour 1 glass of boiling water and let it brew for 1 hour. Take 1 tablespoon 3 times a day.
• When uterine bleeding with great effect use cucumber lashes collected in the autumn after harvesting cucumbers. The grass is dried, finely cut, washed in cold water from dust. 50 gr. herbs Pour 1/2 liter of water, bring to a boil. Insist and take 3 times a day for half a cup. Bed rest for 2-3 days is desirable.
A woman may be disturbed too profuse menstruation (menorrhagia), as well as uterine bleeding (metrorrhagia) between menstruations. Especially it is necessary to pay attention if the cycle lasts less than 21 days - in this case it is necessary to immediately contact the gynecologist-endocrinologist or hematologist (specialist in blood diseases), who will find out the cause of the dysfunction.
The causes of uterine bleeding, heavy menstruation can be hormonal abnormalities, blood diseases, gynecological diseases and inflammatory diseases of the pelvic organs.
• Fees help to cope with heavy months. Shepherd's grass bag - 30 g, knotweed grass - 30 g, mistletoe grass - 30 g, valerian root - 30 g. 1 tbsp. mixture of herbs brew a glass of boiling water and drink a glass in the morning and evening.
If this mixture does not help, try another.
• Mix 10 g of oak bark, 25 g of shepherd's bag grass, 25 g of yarrow grass and 25 g of silverweed root upright. 1 tbsp. mix brew a glass of boiling water and drink. Drink a glass of broth in the morning and evening.
• Painful periods. Valerian root, mint leaf and chamomile color mix in a ratio of 1: 1: 2, pour a glass of boiling water and leave for 30 minutes in a warm place. Strain. Drink 2 tbsp. 3 times a day after meals.
We treat menorrhagia with the help of traditional medicine
Abundant periods are often accompanied by strong painful sensations. Herbal tinctures and decoctions for menorrhagia should not only have hemostatic properties, but also act as an anesthetic. The main advantage of traditional medicine is natural gifts that do not mask the disease, but treat the root cause. It is important to choose folk remedies for heavy periods, which will have anti-inflammatory properties, remove puffiness and stop bleeding.
Method 1. Shepherd's purse + white mistletoe + knotweed + valerian root. All herbs with abundant monthly mix 1 tablespoon., Poured 0.5 liters of boiling water. The mixture is necessary to insist 15 minutes, then add 1 l of water and bring to a boil. Broth strain and cool. Apply a collection of 100 ml twice a day. Decoction helps get rid of PMS and has a beneficial effect on the functioning of the uterus.
Method 2 Yarrow + shepherd's bag + Potentilla root upright (25 grams each) + oak bark (10 grams). Mix, pour boiling water and bring to a boil. Drink 1 tbsp. on an empty stomach twice a day. Thanks to the yarrow, the decoction acts as a styptic and anesthetic. From the collection of preparing alcohol tincture, which is taken up to 4 times a day, 20 ml.
Method 3 Pepper mountaineer (1 tbsp) poured 250 ml of boiling water, brought to a boil. Apply before meals 3 times a day. It has hemostatic properties (stops bleeding). It is recommended to use only during menstruation, if the bleeding lasts more than 1-2 days.
Method 4. Seeds of common lilac (1 tsp) are poured 200 ml of boiling water, infused for 15 minutes, then you need to put on the fire and cook for 5 minutes. Broth drink on an empty stomach 2 tbsp. in the morning hours.
Method 5. Preparing a decoction of nettle (20 g * 200 ml). It is recommended to drink every 3-4 hours 1/4 cup. Nettle has antibacterial properties, reduces inflammation, stops bleeding and fights infection.
Method 6. Viburnum bark (100 g. * 200 ml of water) is crushed with a coffee grinder or mortar. Preparing a decoction in a shallow bowl. The bark is boiled over low heat for at least half an hour. Drink every 3-4 hours to 2 tbsp. l Acts as an anesthetic, relieves diarrhea.
Method 7. Prepare a tincture of the golden centaury umbrella (20 gr.) And vodka (100 ml). The grass is filled with vodka, tightly closed with a lid. Insist in a dark place for at least 2 weeks, then use 20 drops before meals (2 times a day). It is recommended to use the tincture as a prophylactic before menstruation (one week before the start of the cycle).
Method 8. Seasonal folk remedy has a hemostatic effect, relieves pain and relieves inflammation of the pelvic organs. Takes a mushroom rain coat - 1 pc., Boiled in lightly salted water and eaten on an empty stomach.
Method 9. A pinch of oregano (2–5 grams) is taken and brewed in boiled water. You can add oregano to green or black tea and use it at any time. The herb is suitable for daily use, cleans and strengthens blood vessels, removes toxins from the body, and also has anti-inflammatory effect. It also improves digestion and eliminates diarrhea.
Method 10. Add ground cinnamon to tea. It is enough to add a pinch of spice to the drink and drink several times a day. The crushed bark of cinnamon tree not only helps with heavy bleeding, but also significantly reduces weight.
Method 11. Preparing a decoction of plantain (15 g) and water (250 ml). Ready to drink broth during the day every 2–3 hours (1-2 tablespoons). Also effective is psyllium juice, which is consumed in 10 ml before a meal.
Method 12. Tincture of leaves and berries of barberry. 50 grams of herbal mixture is poured 100 ml of vodka or alcohol, tightly closed and insist up to 2 weeks in a dark place. Barberry spirit lamp relieves, increases hemoglobin (suitable for anemia), stops bleeding. Consume 20-30 drops before meals.
Method 13. Water pepper (15 g) is poured with a small amount of water, brought to a boil. The broth is diluted with 200 ml of water and infused for 30 minutes, then apply 1/5 cup before meals. It is recommended to use during menstruation. Treatment is carried out by a course up to 3 months. Water pepper helps to get rid of PMS, restores blood circulation, increases hemoglobin. The decoction has an analgesic effect.
Method 14. Preparing a mixture of chicken or quail eggs (6 pcs.) + Citric acid (0.5 tsp). It is drunk raw during menstruation.
Method 15. Tincture of erect cinquefoil (calgan) reduces the uterus during menstruation, thereby providing a hemostatic effect. Kalgan root (50 gr.) Is poured with vodka or alcohol (150 ml), infused in a dark and dry place. It is recommended to drink tincture 1 tbsp. l during menstruation and a week before the start of the cycle. Potentilla erect is an excellent analgesic and antibacterial agent.
Method 16. Pharmaceutical chamomile flowers + sprigs of heather + valerian root + birch leaves + buckthorn bark (1 tbsp with a slide) 300 ml of water are poured, the broth is brought to a boil. Herbal tea is diluted with another 100 ml of water, taken 1/2 cup at least 2 times a day.
Prevention of menorrhagia
Some medical and folk remedies stop abundant bleeding will not work. It is important to take care of your health. Do not lift weights and abuse salty, spicy and fried foods. Give up smoking and alcohol. If heavy periods accompany with pain, dizziness and nausea, then you should contact your gynecologist. Also, to maintain the body, eat foods that contain large amounts of folic acid and potassium (bananas, oranges, nuts, dried fruits), and vitamins C, B (cereals, apples) and iron (liver).
Abundant menstruation is a cause for concern. Chronic inflammatory processes that lurk behind painful periods, affect the entire reproductive system and cause pathology of the pelvic organs.
Causes of pain
Pain during menstruation, as well as a few days before they are familiar to many women. They can disturb both from the moment of menarche, and appear suddenly. In the first case, it will most likely be a question of functional impairment due to a change in the exchange of prostaglandins. In case of sudden pain, you should think about some diseases, for example, inflammatory nature, etc.
Primary algomenorrhea (painful periods) may be due to the following reasons:
- Endocrine disorders, as a result, the formation of prostaglandins increases and their destruction is slowed down. In this case, suitable herbs and fees, acting like non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Neuro-vegetative features of the female body. It is known that each person has his own threshold of pain sensitivity. And the fact that for one brings light discomfort, for the other - unbearable sensations. Here, the emphasis is better to give a variety of relaxing techniques.
- Features of the anatomy of the genitals. With a strong bend of the body of the uterus in relation to the neck may appear pain associated with impaired flow of menstrual blood. Also sometimes there are other obstacles in the way of secretions. Sometimes in these situations, antispasmodics and body position changes help.
- Disruption of sexual development. Various diseases that lead to abnormal sensitivity of myometrium cells or to their poor compliance, as, for example, with infantilism. Herbs are quite effective in this case.
The causes of secondary algomenorrhea are associated with the appearance of pathologies that disrupt the functioning of the uterus, lead to peritoneal irritation, etc. In general, this entails the occurrence of painful attacks. These diseases include the following:
- Most often have to deal with endometriosis. Moreover, the more common the process, the more pronounced the pain. They can be localized in the lower abdomen, in the rectal area and other places.
- Uterine fibroids can give pain in different cases: with a submucosal arrangement of nodes, with their "birth", with the violation of their nutrition and necrosis, etc.
- Inflammatory diseases of the genital organs. In this case, the pain is often accompanied by other pathological symptoms - discharge, infertility, etc.
- Intrauterine device, especially with its displacement or incorrect selection.
- Undiagnosed injuries after childbirth, most often it is the rupture of the ligaments of the uterus.
- Varicose veins of the pelvis. Good help in this case herbs that affect the properties of blood. And if you take them in addition to the practice of yoga, gymnastics, the effect will not take long.
- Abnormalities of genital organs, for example, an additional horn, doubling of the uterus, atresia of the cervical canal, and others. In this case, with a certain amount of accumulated menstrual blood, pain arises due to its arching pressure on the walls of the organ. In such situations, treatment requires medical intervention.
We recommend reading the article on algomenorrhea. From it you will learn about the causes of the disease, signs, diagnosis of algomenorrhea and treatment of painful menstruation.
Herbs effective for menstrual pain
So, in each clinical situation, a specific set of herbs will be as effective as possible. But it is not always possible to accurately determine the nature of pain. Yes, and many plants do not have a specific action, and affect the body as a whole.
This plant has a multifaceted effect, is used in various diseases. Helps in the imbalance of prostaglandins, endometriosis and other causes of painful menstruation.
- Recipe 1. You should take the dried root, grate it finely and pour a glass of hot water. Bring to a boil and hold on the fire for 10 - 15 minutes. After that, you still need to let it brew for 3-4 hours. Take should be 2 - 3 tbsp. l 2 - 3 times a day.
- Recipe 2. Chop the root of the elecampane, St. John's wort, chamomile flowers and oak bark to take in equal quantities and pour 1 liter of hot water. It is advisable to place the solution in a thermos or somewhere in a dark place. Let stand 4 - 5 hours, then drink like tea.
This, as many believe, "weed" contains a large amount of vitamins and trace elements that are useful for the female body. It is better to use nettle with a combination of heavy and painful periods, for example, with endometriosis.
- Recipe 1. It is necessary to collect fresh nettle leaves, squeeze juice from them. Should take 1 to 2 tbsp. l 2 - 3 times a day for all critical days.
- Recipe 2. You can also buy an extract of nettle, alcohol solution in a pharmacy and drink 3 drops 3 - 4 times a day.
It is possible to use as one plant, and to combine it with other herbs.
- Recipe 1. Should take 3 - 4 tbsp. l horsetail, chop it and pour 500 ml of water, which was boiled beforehand on the fire for 5 minutes. Let stand 30 - 40 minutes. Take a glass 2 - 3 times a day.
- Recipe 2. It is necessary to take in the same proportions the following crushed herbs: horsetail, St. John's wort, Valerian and Oak. Mix and pour 600 - 800 ml of hot water and insist 20 - 30 minutes. It is necessary to drink on 150 - 200 ml 2 - 3 times a day as tea. It is useful to add 15 - 20 droplets of alcoholic tincture of motherwort or valerian.
Especially useful in uterine myoma, endometriosis, as well as in the combination of painful and heavy menstruation.
- Recipe 1. Should take 1 tbsp. l finely chopped plants and pour 200 - 250 ml of hot water. Insist on a water bath for 15 to 20 minutes, after which you can drink the solution (taken in the form of heat 2 to 3 tablespoons 3 to 4 times a day).
- Recipe 2. It is necessary to mix crushed water pepper and twice the yarrow. Then pour the mixture with 2 liters of hot water, let it stand for about half an hour. It is necessary to drink on 150 - 200 ml 2 - 3 times a day.
The leaves of the plant are useful for menstrual disorders, heavy and painful menstruation.
- Recipe 1. Should take 1 tbsp. l dried leaves and pour 200 - 300 ml of hot water. Let it sit for 20-30 minutes, after which you can take 100-150 ml several times a day.
- Recipe 2. Freshly chopped strawberry leaves in the amount of 1 cup should be filled with 1 liter of water and boiled, kept on the fire for at least 20 minutes, then let the solution cool. The resulting drink to bring boiled water to a volume of 1 l, after which you can take half a glass 2 - 3 times a day.
Alcohol solution of calendula can be used for douching for inflammation in the vagina, while infusions help with heavy and painful menstruation. It is especially useful for various disorders in women during menopause.
- Recipe. It is necessary to take marigold flowers, daisies, herbs of St. John's wort in equal quantities. Pour 500 ml of hot water and add 1 tbsp. l spirit tincture of motherwort. Let stand for about 2 - 3 hours. Add the resulting solution of 10 - 20 drops in tea several times a day.
General recommendations for alleviating the condition
Even if you know which herbs reduce pain during menstruation, it is not always the right plants that are always at hand, and their greatest effect, if you take the compounds in advance.
- If the pain during menstruation appears regularly, each cycle, you do not need to wait for the next attack. It is better to start taking effective medicines for a particular woman in advance, a day or two before the usual start of unpleasant episodes.
- Pains can be reduced in response to heat or cold. Так, если альгоменорея сопровождается обильными менструациями, то лучше приложить грелку со льдом (или просто мясо из морозильника и т.п.). Волноваться, что так можно спровоцировать воспалительный процесс, не стоит.But if the pain arose as a response to the infection, then it can aggravate its course. Therefore, if you suspect it is better not to use this method. A warm shower or a hot water bottle is only suitable if the woman's periods are not abundant. Otherwise, you can trigger bleeding.
- In addition to herbal medicine, you can take a variety of painkillers. In each situation will be effective your drug. For example, in case of violation of the formation of prostaglandins, this NSAIDs, with endometriosis, more serious drugs or an increased dose are often needed, but regular oral contraceptives will most effectively help.
- Exercise should be avoided.
- To increase the pain threshold of sensitivity and thereby reduce the perception of discomfort caused by menstruation, it is possible, practicing yoga, breathing exercises, etc. But the effect, of course, will not be immediately, but only with a long and regular exercise.
- It often helps to relieve a painful attack, taking a certain position, for example, with legs bent and pressed to the chest.
- For pains caused by spasmodic contractions of the uterus, adhesive disease, tampons with dimexide help well. To do this, dissolve the product with boiled water in a ratio of 1: 4. It is necessary to lay them for 4 - 6 hours in the vagina.
Watch the video about painful menstruation:
Medicines when it hurts a lot
To cope with such states is most effective with the help of various groups of painkillers. They can be used in the form of candles, pills or even injections with strong attacks.
The most effective the following drugs:
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. They include a large group - from the very first (aspirin) to modern (naproxen, piroxicam, etc.). Paracetamol, ketones, ibuprofen, indomethacin are also effective. The last two drugs can be used in the form of candles, which has several advantages.
- Antispasmodics help with painful contractions of the uterus, with adhesive disease, with swelling of the intestines (often these women take pains as menstrual). This drotaverin (no-spa), papaverine and others.
- Analgesics, including central action. It is analgin, spazmalgon, baralgin, peretin.
What to do is absolutely impossible
If all the symptoms during critical days are normal, you can safely drink herbs and wait for their effect. But with strong, paroxysmal pains should seek medical help. Only a specialist can eliminate acute, life-threatening conditions. So, the doctor should be consulted if the following concerns:
- if a woman suspects that she is pregnant,
- when pains last more than usual,
- with very heavy discharge,
- when fever or other disturbing symptoms (dizziness, vomiting, etc.).
The use of traditional medicine in the treatment of algomenorrhea has a fairly high impact. The main thing is to choose the most suitable and convenient recipe. But it is better to use these methods after the cause of the disease has been established, because of these symptoms can be a serious pathology. Only a doctor can prescribe the most appropriate treatment, including advising which herbs you can drink with monthly pain in a given clinical situation.
in violation of the menstrual function: chamomile is useful in case of delayed menstruation, heavy, acyclic secretions, etc. . With spastic pains in the lower abdomen, this plant can also help. It is necessary to take flowers in equal parts.
Sage for menstruation is shown to stabilize the cycle, which does not contribute. The healing properties of herbs. Since ancient times, sage has been recommended for renewal. Sage decoction reduces the concentration of abdominal pains in.
Long, strong periods do not arise just like that. Herbs will help with heavy periods, which act as hemostatic agents. . Herbs for menstrual pain: what pains, how.
With heavy bleeding and pain during menstruation, a good effect is noted when taking the juice of a shepherd's bag in various combinations. . Herbs with heavy periods: which stop.
Increasing with each menstrual period, the pain turns the primary algomenorrhea into decompensated. . Herbs for menstrual pain: what pains, how.
In 100% of cases, menstrual bleeding will intensify, which will only worsen the condition of the woman. . Herbs for menstrual pain: what pains, how.
Types of pain and causes
Menstrual pains can be tingling, pulling, aching and spasmodic. Often they occur a couple of days before the onset of bleeding and disappear only on the last day of menstruation. There are three degrees of pain:
- The first degree is characterized by the presence of slight soreness in the lower abdomen. In general, they do not cause severe discomfort.
- In the second degree, the pain syndrome becomes more intense. It is possible the occurrence of mild nausea and a decrease in body temperature. In this case, women tend to fall into depression, and there is a pronounced PMS.
- The third degree is characterized by discomfort not only in the lower abdomen, but also in the sacrum. Symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, fever, lethargy, and deterioration of psychoemotional state may occur.
Often the cause of pain is primary dysmenorrhea. Severe menstruation can be caused by exposure to external factors, as well as general disorders in the woman's body. These include:
- the introduction of a spiral into the uterus,
- resume cycle after childbirth,
- irregular sex life or lack of it,
- vitamin deficiency and lack of minerals in the body,
- genetic predisposition.
All of these factors provoke mild short-term pain that stops after taking pain pills. If even they do not help, and emetic desires, diarrhea and excessive discharge in the form of tight clots have joined the pain syndrome, then an urgent need to contact a gynecologist in order to identify the cause of the pathology.
It is worth noting that for serious problems, painkillers for menstrual pain do not cure the disease, but only temporarily relieve the discomfort that comes back later.
Adolescent girls can deal with painful menstruation with nonsteroidal medicines that include Ibuprofen. They relieve cramps and prevent the development of the inflammatory process. Improvements come twenty minutes after taking them. What are the best ways to take money to adolescents, the doctor will tell you: usually it is Tamipul, Ketorolac, Diclofenac, Ibuprofen, Indomethacin.
These medicines should be taken two days before the onset of menstrual flow or within two to three days during the acute period of the menstrual cycle. If at the right time, none of the drugs was not at home, you can use Paracetamol or Analgin.
Tablets have their disadvantages - they begin to act not immediately and the effect does not last long, and also adversely affects the gastrointestinal tract. So they are forbidden to receive with gastritis and gastric ulcer. But they can be replaced with injections, which are able to more quickly eliminate even the strongest spasms.
Only on their own, without a doctor's prescription, you can not give injections.
The names of the most good shots: Lidocaine, Diclofenac, Ketanal, Ibuprofen, Baralgin, Mydocalm.
A strong pain reliever for menstruation in the form of candles or tablets is prescribed only when it becomes impossible to endure the pain syndrome. Rectal suppositories act locally, without having a general effect on the body. You can use such candles as:
- Naproxen - they are administered twice a day.
- Indomethacin - three times a day.
- Ketoprofen - used for rectal administration twice a day.
- Dikloberl - 2-3 times a day.
The strongest painkillers for menstruation (antispasmodics): Nurofen, Ibuklin, Ketones, Papaverine, Spazmalgon, Drotaverin, Buscopan, Maksigan.
The dosage of papaverine for adults should not exceed three tablets per day. The drug removes muscle hypertonus well.
Busopan regimen: 2 tablets up to 5 times per day. Relieves colic during menstruation and relaxes the muscle walls of the uterus.
With monthly pain, Drotaverine should be drunk two tablets five times a day. The drug can be used to reduce pain in the ovaries and during labor pains.
Spasmalgon recommended to drink with strong and moderate menstrual cramps from 1 to 3 tablets per day. Ketans should be taken 1 tablet three times a day, and Maksigan, 2–3 tablets per day.
Other ways to relieve pain
It is possible to anesthetize not only with the help of medicines. To do this, you can use:
- Heat. It is necessary to lie on the bed, and then apply a warm heating pad to the lower abdomen and lie down for 25 minutes.
Yoga classes. Asanas such as “child”, “cobra”, “archer” will help to eliminate painful sensations.
- A rolled up towel or a small ball. It is enough to put a towel or a ball under the back, resulting in an anatomical deflection, stretching the spine and relaxing the internal organs.
- Exclusion from the diet of meat and dairy products a few days before the start of the critical days.
You can also deal with painful menstruation and medicinal herbs. They are more useful for the body, and the effect of them is no worse than pills.
Infusion of oregano will help relieve aching pain and a feeling of heaviness. It is prepared this way: 500 ml of boiling water must be poured over 3 tablespoons of herbs and insisted for 30 minutes. This amount of infusion should be divided into three doses and drink half an hour before meals.
Tea made from mint and chamomile, brewed in equal parts, will not only eliminate pain, but also help to get rid of depression.
Nettle, in addition to removing pain, reduces the abundance of secretions. In the pharmacy, you can purchase the extract of the plant and take it 40 drops before each meal.
There are many ways to get rid of painful periods., but still, before using any drugs, it is better to consult a doctor in order to prevent the development of gynecological diseases.
What you need to know about your menstrual cycle
If you know your menstrual cycle and know how your body reacts to it, then it is easier for you to control it. You can know which internal and external factors influence your cycle, know exactly how they influence it, know when your menstrual cycle is broken. Diseases, stresses, any changes in lifestyle can affect your menstrual cycle. The menstrual period usually changes after the baby is born, as well as after you start using hormonal contraceptives (i.e., pills, injections, implants or intrauterine contraceptive systems. However, if your menstrual cycles were usually quite regular, and then they suddenly become disturbed, it means that this is caused by some objective reason. In such cases, you should immediately consult a doctor. You should consult a doctor if your menstrual period is too hard and lasts for more than a week, and also if between the menstrual periods you have discharge that contains blood and you feel the same pain in the lower abdomen as before the menstrual period when the time of ovulation is approaching. One of these signs clearly indicates that your menstrual cycle disturbed or natural changes of the menstrual cycle occur.It is very important to consult a doctor in time, because if the cycle violations are associated with some serious diseases, then they are easier to treat when they are not running s.
Hormonal changes in the menstrual cycle occur due to the fact that the levels of the hormones estrogen and progesterone change in the body. Such changes, as a rule, can be identified by some signs and symptoms. For example, shortly before the onset of menstruation, many women’s breasts swell and begin to ache, the skin becomes greasy, and the hair becomes oily. Sometimes constipation is possible. There are also some changes in mood.
If before the onset of menstruation you experience discomfort that goes away after your menstrual period begins, then this is premenstrual syndrome. It is usually accompanied by accuracy (fluid accumulation in the body, which makes you feel as if you are immediately stout), chest pains and swelling of the chest, stomach pains, headaches, nausea, back pain, indigestion, diarrhea or constipation. If you feel that you are annoyed, if you are overcome by depression, you are about to burst into tears, you do not want to move, these are also signs of premenstrual syndrome. These symptoms can be called premenstrual changes in the level of hormones related to the reproductive system.
How can you help yourself?
There is no single recipe, but a combination of the following can make you feel better.
• You should consult with friends and acquaintances whose support will help you cope with premenstrual syndrome.
• Knowing your body, you can plan in advance what you need to alleviate your condition.
• Constantly control yourself, try to avoid stress, learn to cope with them yourself, change your attitude to life, try to see more good in it.
• Relaxation. Learn to relax or learn such meditation techniques as the mental creation of visual images. You can also help yoga tai-tzu.
• On critical days, try to wear comfortable, loose-fitting clothing that will not hamper movement. The same applies to underwear.
• Try to keep a balanced diet, include in it more fresh vegetables and fruits containing vitamins, minerals and carbohydrates.
• Take Vitamin B6. Sometimes primrose oil helps on critical days.
• Reduce salt, pickles and fluids.
• Try a bath with lemon or lavender oil (aromatherapy).
• Reduce coffee and alcohol intake.
• To remove excess fluid from the body, take diuretic tablets.
• Combined hormone pills and progestogen pills can sometimes be used as directed by a physician to restore the hormonal balance of the menstrual cycle.
If none of these tools will help you and you will still need help, you should consult a doctor.
Many women often experience pain in the lower abdomen and back before and during the first two days of menstruation. Such pains are caused by cramps. During menstruation, the muscles of the uterine wall begin to contract. During a strong contraction of the muscles, the blood stops supplying oxygen to the muscles of the uterus, which causes spasmodic pain. Some women tolerate such pain very poorly, especially if they last for a long time. There are women who barely suffer from such pains. Uterine contraction stimulates the hormone prostaglandin. Its action usually causes headaches, lethargy and pain during menstruation. If such pains intensify, you should see a doctor.
What can help with such pains? Maybe you should try out some well-known ways to help ease the pain.
• Pour hot water into the bottle and hold it in the lower abdomen or back.
• Take a hot bath and drink something hot.
• Try to remove the pain using yoga techniques.
• You should also try simply walking or jogging. It may seem to you that in such a state you will not have the mood to do this. However, simple exercise will help you to load the muscles of the pelvis, which will cause a rush of blood in the genital area. In addition, these exercises contribute to the release of muscular, which serves as a natural anabolic.
• You can take an aspirin or ibuprofen pill, which reduces the effect of the hormone prostaglandin.
• Sometimes with severe pain, you can massage the lower abdomen and back.
• At night, you can take primrose oil or drink herbal tea with raspberry or fennel leaves.
• Sometimes a week before the onset of menstruation, you can start taking calcium or magnesia pills. No one knows exactly what their effects on the body are, but many women say that it helps them a lot.
• Masturbation, which ends in an orgasm, is also useful because at the time of orgasm, blood rushes to the genital organs and muscles, helping to relax the muscles of the uterus and pelvis.
• Sometimes you can use oral contraceptives.
• Stop smoking! Chemicals contained in cigarette smoke enter the bloodstream, which only increases spasmodic pain, because it contributes to the narrowing of blood vessels.
Вот некоторые народные средства для лечения боли при месячных:
1 tbsp. ложка сухих измельченных листьев подорожника и 1 стакан кипятка (200 мл).
Залить листья подорожника кипятком и настаивать в термосе в течение 2 ч, после чего полученный настой процедить через марлю.
Принимать по 1 ст. ложке 4 раза в день до еды.
по 35 г цветков донника лекарственного, травы золототысячника зонтичного, цветков мать-и-мачехи обыкновенной, 1 стакан воды.
Смешать растительное сырье, взять 1 ст. spoon, pour water and boil for 15 minutes, then strain the resulting infusion through cheesecloth.
Take 0.3 cups 6 times a day.
2 parts of coltsfoot flowers, creeping thyme, Althea medicinal root, 1 part of nettle leaves, Hypericum perforatum flowers, Yarrow herb, 1 liter of boiling water. Cooking method. Vegetable raw materials mix, pour 20 g of boiling water over the collection and insist in a thermos for 2 hours, then strain the infusion through gauze. Mode of application. Drink 100 ml of infusion 3 times a day.
1 part of the flowers and leaves of Hypericum perforatum, yarrow herb, 1 cup boiling water.
Vegetable raw materials mix, 1 tbsp. spoon pour boiling water and boil for 15 minutes, then strain the resulting broth through gauze.
Take 0.2 cups 3 times a day.
2 tbsp. spoons of grass cudweed swamp.
Brew 2 cups boiling water, insist for 3 h, drain.
Consume 1/4 cup of infusion 3 times a day 15 minutes before meals.
2 tbsp. spoons chopped hop cones.
Brew 2 cups of boiling water, infuse for 2 hours in a hermetically sealed container, cool, strain.
Drink 1/2 cup of infusion at night.
1 tbsp. spoon of rhizome with roots of valerian medicinal, hawthorn flowers blood-red, 2 tbsp. spoons of Hypericum flowers, yarrow flowers, 4 tbsp. spoons of hawthorn blood-red fruit.
Brew 3 tbsp. spoons collection 2 cups boiling water, insist for 4 h, cool, strain.
Drink 1/3 cup of infusion 4 times a day before meals.
2 tbsp. spoons of chamomile flowers, rhizomes with roots of valerian medicinal, 4 tbsp. l fruits of caraway seeds ordinary.
Brew 1 tbsp. l Collect 2 cups of boiling water, insist for 4 hours in a tightly sealed container, cool to room temperature, strain.
Drink 1/3 cup of infusion 3 times a day before meals.
250 mg of royal jelly, 100-120 g of honey syrup.
Mix the specified ingredients.
Take 1 teaspoon 30 minutes before meals for 3-6 months.
250 mg of royal jelly, 100-120 g of honey syrup.
To part a uterine milk with boiled water in the ratio 1: 2.
Take this solution 5-10 drops 2-3 times a day for 1.5 hours before meals for 3 months.
Dried grass broth marsh
2 tbsp. Phytosterols of chamomile flowers, hawthorn blood-red flowers, grassy motherwort grass, 3 tbsp. tablespoons of dried marsh grass, 2 cups of water.
3 tbsp. spoonful of the collection pour water, put on fire, bring to a boil, remove from heat, insist for 4 hours, drain.
Drink 1/3 cup decoction 4 times a day after meals.
Broth with yarrow flowers
1 tbsp. spoon rhizomes with the roots of valerian officinalis, hop cones of ordinary lemon balm leaves, 2 tbsp. spoons of yarrow flowers, 3 cups of water.
Components mix, brew 2 tbsp. spoon collecting boiling water, simmer in a water bath for 40 minutes, insist for 4 hours, drain.
Consume 2 tbsp. spoon broth 4 times a day. Ready broth to store in the refrigerator no more than 2 days.