Every woman is unique and inimitable, and during pregnancy a woman becomes even more interesting, touching, and vulnerable. In the period when a woman is expecting a child, the processes occurring in the body are reflected in all organs and systems. Therefore, the shade, the quantity, and the consistency of the vaginal secretion in a woman may also vary. At the same time, normal discharge should not be accompanied by any unpleasant sensations. Usually, the volume of whiter in a woman increases slightly before menstruation, during mid-cycle ovulation, with hormone therapy, as well as during pregnancy and lactation.
It is considered to be not normal, pathological any bright color changes - gray, green, dark yellow discharge during pregnancy, especially if they are accompanied by an unpleasant smell (discharge with the smell of fish), burning sensation when urinating, itching in the vagina, pain. During pregnancy, a woman undergoes a grand restructuring of the entire body. During this period, the natural defenses of a woman's body weaken somewhat, and nowadays, when few people can boast of good health, this may even be a significant decrease in immunity. And the appearance of such secretions can be both normal and pathological.
Yellow discharge in early pregnancy
Changes that occur to a woman after conception, mainly related to hormonal changes in the body, namely, there is an increased production and accumulation of progesterone, with a lack of which, the preservation of pregnancy is under threat. In addition to protecting the baby, this hormone also influences the changes in the secretions of a woman; they become more viscous, and their number increases slightly.
When a yellow discharge appears at the beginning of pregnancy, it can be either a sign of infection or considered a relative norm. With a white-yellow secret, when he leaves only light yellow spots on his clothes, are not accompanied by other unpleasant symptoms, this should not cause particular anxiety, however, in any case, this should be reported to your doctor, pass standard tests.
However, a natural decrease in immunity, possible allergic reactions to intimate hygiene products, synthetic underwear, other adverse factors may contribute to more intense than conditionally pathogenic microorganisms in the vagina than is usually outside of pregnancy. The growth of Escherichia coli, Staphylococcus, Streptococcus, fungal agents, Proteus, can disrupt the natural microflora of the vagina, causing colpitis, bacterial vaginosis, gardnerellezis. Then there are dark yellow discharge, often combined with an unpleasant smell, itching, burning in the vagina and other symptoms.
Abundant yellow discharge during pregnancy - what to do?
It is clear that during this period, the woman increases the production of vaginal secretions due to the high level of progesterone, as well as thickening of the uterus and its increase. But if they become very viscous, abundant yellow or yellow-green, this can be a sign of the aggravation of any diseases that “dozed” before pregnancy, and worsened while waiting for the baby:
- Fungal and bacterial infections
Most often, abundant yellow discharge during childbirth occurs when bacterial and fungal infections. In addition to discoloration, they also have an unpleasant smell, putrid, sour, cause severe itching and burning sensation in the vagina and external genital organs, and pain often occurs when urinating.
The discharge becomes yellow due to the accumulation in the mucus of the waste products of pathogenic microorganisms and pus impurities. If the smell of fish joins the dark yellow discharge, it can be bacterial vaginosis or trichomoniasis, which adversely affect the course of pregnancy.
- Only on the basis of analyzes, the gynecologist can establish an accurate diagnosis and prescribe the necessary safe course of therapy.
If you notice unusual changes in consistency, color, smell, you should immediately contact your obstetrician-gynecologist. In no case can not use any candles, or drugs inside.
Without accurate diagnosis during pregnancy, you cannot take any, even proven methods of treatment, douching is especially contraindicated (it’s all about douching, why it is undesirable to do it at all).
At the same time, a visit to the doctor should not be postponed, treatment of the infection should be carried out as soon as possible. The results of the tests will determine the pathogen, and the doctor will select safe means - antifungal or antibacterial drugs.
What should be a normal discharge during pregnancy?
Normally considered to be discharge without foreign inclusions, without lumps, flakes, color from transparent to milky, similar in texture to egg white. If you follow the rules of intimate hygiene - the smell of the discharge should not be. Most importantly, vaginal secretions should not be accompanied by additional discomfort — reddening of the skin, the appearance of spots or rashes, should not cause irritation of the skin and vagina, and a slight yellow tint of discharge may be one of the normal variants.
I, too, in pregnancy, the local gynecologist advised tintum rose douching. There was no effect, and even preservation was due to the tonus. The gynecologist at the hospital when she heard about such treatment was terrified. It turns out that such treatment not only does not meet the standard, but could also provoke a threat - douching is prohibited during pregnancy.
Determine the rate of discharge
Light yellow discharge during pregnancy is the absolute norm in the following cases.
- If the released fluid in a pregnant woman does not smell, and the color is not too yellow, more like an admixture with white. The consistency is watery, not uncomfortable, there is no such thing as an itch because of the large amount of mucus.
- If there are no pink discharge and any streaks, there are no signs of thrush.
Yellow, odorless discharge can also have a darkish color - and this is also the norm for those in position. Many gynecologists argue that the shade of fluid depends exactly on what kind of lifestyle a woman leads. So, for example, if there is a bad habit of smoking, then dark yellow discharge during pregnancy will not keep you waiting and will come out abundantly. But you have to understand that you should not stop smoking sharply, otherwise it will become a shock for the child. Another normal reason, when there is a liquid yellow discharge - is an individual feature of the body of each girl.
The main causes of yellowish mucus
In the female body, the embryo begins to form very quickly, which entails the production of progesterone, i.e. special hormone that is necessary for pregnancy to proceed well and easily. But despite this, progesterone begins to actively influence the body - there are white discharge. They, by the way, in most cases help to protect the entire reproductive system of a woman from various microbes. The more actively the fetus develops, the more changes in the girl's body. For example, a special mucus plug is formed, which clogs the opening of the vagina so that no harmful manifestations penetrate. All 9 months, the girl feels this traffic jam, in which there is nothing terrible. Such formations are always considered natural and normal.
And now, we turn to the most important reasons for the appearance of an unpleasant yellow color from the vagina.
- External circumstances and their influence. There are many means of intimate hygiene: gels, soaps, special ointments, creams. If such things are used too often, it causes abundant mucous discharge. You understand that the intimate zone is extremely gentle, it requires special and thorough care. If you overdo the gels and do not listen to the doctor about the fact that intimate soap causes itching and even thrush, you can easily spoil the condition of your body. That is why yellow discharge can very often appear during pregnancy in the early stages, if you ignore the instructions of the doctor.
- Allergy. Quite often there is a situation when a girl in a position feels discomfort due to daily pads. The skin of pregnant women is extremely delicate and sensitive, therefore, an allergic reaction appears, and there may well be discharge from women of any color.
- Pathology of organs. Every future mother needs to know that something can go wrong in the body, you need to be ready for it. For example, an inflammatory process may unexpectedly manifest itself. In this case, it is necessary to urgently contact your treating gynecologist, since the problem is in the urogenital system, which must be urgently dealt with. It can be both viruses and fungal diseases. Accordingly, the hue of the discharge will be yellow.
- Sexually transmitted infections. Namely - clap, ureaplasmosis or chlamydia. All this is very scary, because if not treated, the condition of the body will worsen. In this case, the nature of the appearance of yellow discharge during pregnancy is understandable and logical.
- Violation of microflora. In other words, white-yellow discharge during pregnancy can appear due to the fact that the state of the genital organs and their environment are disturbed, there is a strong disorder.
A selection of secretions mixed with a yellow hue.
The fluid that comes out of the genitals, in most cases, has a yellow color. But sometimes you can find additional shades that say exactly what happens to the girl's body.
- In pregnancy, light yellow discharge may occur during the first three months. It’s all about producing progesterone as the main natural process. The blood begins to circulate more often, especially in the pelvis, whites begin to appear more and more actively. The framework of the norm is, if the woman does not feel the reaction, accompanied by pain, if there is no discharge with a smell, and if there is no itching.
- Yellow-brown discharge during pregnancy. Very often the brownish secret says that there is a small admixture of blood. In this case, you need to be alert, because it is not good. Sometimes this shade can tell about miscarriage or that the placenta has exfoliated. As soon as you find a brown color with blood - run to the doctor. In the early stages of pregnancy, this can still be considered a normal sign, because the embryo is just beginning to attach to the uterus. But still it is necessary to undergo an examination in order to understand the reason for the release of blood and prevent the future baby from miscarriage.
- Yellow-green discharge during pregnancy. This shade already says that everything is bad, there is an infection in the body. Greenish discharge during pregnancy is considered alarming - immediately call an ambulance. It can be as gonorrhea and chlamydia, and vaginosis - this is not all infectious diseases that can be listed. The color of the shade of green, a terrible smell, the structure in the form of foam, excessive density - all this is not normal. Also, when urinating can be felt very tingling. Do you understand that this is a complete imbalance and discomfort? Contact your doctor to find out the main reasons why it was such a liquid that began to form.
Yellow mucous discharge during pregnancy can not appear out of nowhere. Pregnant women should always take care of themselves, whenever possible conduct frequent washing out with plain water without soap, pay special attention to their health. Everyone knows that in no case should we lift weights, emotional overloads are also prohibited. What else needs to be done to prevent yellow discharge during pregnancy and their normalization?
- Revise your food, which should consist entirely of high-quality and only natural products. For example, fresh vegetables, fruits, which are full of vitamins and essential elements for an unborn child. Check healthy eating and see for yourself that all of this affects the health of the expectant mother.
- If you think that, being with a big tum, you can not look after yourself, you are deeply mistaken. Pregnant women just need to do moderate workouts: let it be small loads that will start to strengthen the immune system perfectly. If you observe all this, then you will hardly be disturbed by a dark yellow discharge during pregnancy. Moreover, the state of health will be excellent, interest will appear, and the child will feel very comfortable inside, will begin to kick less.
- Be sure to observe the wearing of clothes that are inherent in pregnant women, i.e. models of special underwear made from natural materials. Most likely, if the yellow discharge appeared - it means that you are wearing the wrong clothes.
- Any sexual intercourse should be controlled, i.e. are protected. Excretions will not bother if the pregnancy proceeds calmly, with “protection” during intima, the yellow mucous lumps will not interfere.
- When a strong allergic reaction is important to protect themselves from all sorts of hygiene products. Sometimes it is even worth refusing washing powder, which is full of substances that cause itching. By the way, very often a pronounced shade appears due to washing things, so keep in mind that it is better to soak them in ordinary water without anything.
See how many different rules exist for pregnant girls. They are easy to remember - it’s much harder to start. Try to have a yellowish discharge during pregnancy manifested as rarely as possible.
Be sure to monitor yourself, the state of your body, listen to your baby.
If you still have any questions, write your questions in the comments or go to a special forum dedicated to pregnant women, read the information and life experience that many women share. Easy childbirth and healthy kids!
In a healthy female body, a certain amount of fluids is constantly produced for the normal functioning of the reproductive system and the maintenance of the vaginal microflora. The natural course of this process does not cause discomfort.
In pregnancy, discharge is considered an indicator of a woman’s condition. By changes in smell, thickness, color, you can judge the presence of various ailments, or disorders of the functioning of the reproductive system.
Often especially white is separated from 6 to 12 weeks. Yellow discharge from women is normal in the following cases:
- A yellow-white or yellowish, odorless liquid. On a consistence it is liquid, does not cause strong discomfort.
- The absence of pink streaks.
The appearance of dark yellow discharge during pregnancy in some cases is also considered normal. This color depends on the lifestyle of the woman. The main reason for its appearance is smoking and some individual characteristics of the organism.
Causes of yellowish mucus
At the stage of embryo formation, progesterone production is activated in the female body. This hormone is necessary for a healthy pregnancy. He also provokes intensive secretion of whites, which protect the reproductive system from pathogenic microbes.
When the fetus develops, a mucus plug forms in the cervix, preventing the negative effects of external manifestations. It stays in place until the birth, making the mucus opaque. There are the following reasons for the appearance of whiter yellow:
- The influence of a variety of external circumstances. These include soap or gels for intimate care, underwear made of artificial materials, neglect of hygienic procedures. Too careful care of the intimate area often provokes abundant discharge. Many women conduct hygienic treatment of the genitals more than 2 times a day using special detergent compositions. Doctors recommend washing the external genitals with ordinary heated water without additional funds.
- Allergic reaction. Yellow stretching mucus in pregnant women occurs in connection with the use of aromatic soap or daily pads. If the strong discomfort does not appear, it is enough to change the brand of hygiene products.
- Pathology of the pelvic organs, accompanied by an inflammatory process. Diseases can spread in any organs of the genitourinary system. They are provoked by various pathogens (fungal bacteria, viruses, staphylococci).
- Sexually transmitted infections (clapdas, chlamydia, ureaplasmosis).
- Disorders associated with genital microflora.
Yellowish discharge - an unnatural reaction of the body or a sign of the development of various ailments. Чтобы выявить источник проблем, стоит проконсультироваться со специалистом, который проведет тщательное обследование и назначит подходящую терапию.
Секрет светло-желтого цвета
Often observed during the first 3 months of carrying a child. This is a natural process due to an increase in progesterone concentration. It contributes to increased blood circulation in the pelvic area, which activates the formation of whiter in an increased volume.
The appearance of light yellow discharge during pregnancy is associated with the creation of a dense lump of mucus in the cervix. If at the same time the future mother is not disturbed by pain, an uncharacteristic smell, itchy genitals, then this process does not go beyond the normal. In most cases, the secretion is abundant, but from 3 to 4 months the amount of mucus decreases.
White-yellow and dark yellow secret
White-yellow discharge is considered natural, however, they often act as pathological symptoms. White-yellow vaginal fluids may be a symptom of an allergic reaction. Increased sensitivity of the body occurs on some hygiene products, washing powder and artificial materials from which underwear is made.
The appearance of white-yellow discharge with a cheesy consistency during pregnancy is an indicator of the progression of candidiasis. Many women suffer from the negative symptoms of thrush while carrying babies. The source of the disease - the fungus, which is an integral part of the vaginal environment. In a healthy body with strong immunity, they do not manifest themselves. After conception, hormonal changes take place, the protective functions weaken, so pathogenic bacteria multiply rapidly, causing candidiasis. The main signs of the disease include:
- white turbid discharge with a thick texture resembling cottage cheese,
- the presence of pronounced sour smell,
- hyperemia and puffiness on the labia,
- itching and tingling sensation.
Thrush is transmitted from mother to child during childbirth, so it is recommended to cure the disease before the baby is born.
Dark yellow secret occurs due to the development of the inflammatory process in the organs of the reproductive system. The causative agents are diplococci, Escherichia coli, Proteus, Staphylococcus and other pathogenic microorganisms. Often, dark discharge accompanied by a strong unpleasant odor.
Most often, various pathogens enter the female body before conception, and then appear on the background of reduced immunity. It is important to undergo a thorough examination at the planning stage of pregnancy and to cure all existing diseases in a timely manner.
Bleachers with a yellow-green shade are not the norm. They almost always signal serious infectious diseases. The most common are trichomoniasis, bacterial vaginosis, gonorrhea, chlamydia. So, the distinctive features of trichomoniasis are a strong odor, thickness and foamy structure.
Usually pathogenic secretions from a pregnant woman have an unpleasant odor that resembles a rotten fish. Sometimes in the white you can notice bloody inclusions. In this case, the woman feels the pain and itching, and when urinating, a tingling sensation is felt. Yellow-green mucus is manifested in the development of vaginal dysbiosis, when there is a violation of its microflora.
To get rid of these problems, you should quickly contact your doctor. During the examination, the pathogen is detected pathology, and then prescribed effective treatment.
The brownish tint is an indicator of a small amount of blood entering the mucus. This phenomenon is always considered an alarming sign, indicating a spontaneous miscarriage or placental abruption. When detecting yellow-brown discharge during pregnancy should immediately visit a doctor.
In the early stages, the appearance of blood is considered normal, as it is provoked by the embryo attaching to the surface of the uterus. Despite this, it is recommended to be examined to determine the exact cause of the bleeding. This will help in a timely manner to identify diseases that are dangerous for the future mother and baby. The main causes of yellowish secretions with a brown tint include:
- Ectopic pregnancy. This condition requires urgent medical intervention. In modern medical institutions, surgery is performed to remove the ovum. In the absence of medical procedures, infertility develops. Sometimes, an ectopic pregnancy is fatal.
- Miscarriage. Differs in bright red or brown secretions. Pregnant feels disorientation in space, marked dizziness, weakness, pain in the abdomen.
- Fading pregnancy. Causes mucus to have a yellowish-brown tint. In this case, the patient needs surgery.
- Placental abruption. The lack of medical measures threatens spontaneous abortion. Proper treatment, prescribed at the first symptoms of detachment, often allows you to save the life of the baby and preserve his health.
- Cervical erosion. Pathology is not a serious danger, but causes a lot of discomfort. Sometimes, the disease is accompanied by yellow-brown bely. The disease is not subjected to therapy during the development of the fetus, but requires constant monitoring by specialists, which allows you to bear and give birth to a healthy baby.
- Highlight brown color manifested in late terms. They arise from the separation of cork from mucus.
Careful monitoring of the smallest state changes allows pregnant women to go to the health facility in time to find out the reasons for the change in the color of the whiter.
Bountiful secret yellowish
Intense discharge may be one of the normal variants, but only if there is no fetid odor, itching and other painful symptoms. Abundant yellow discharge during pregnancy is observed in many of the fair sex. Carrying a child causes a change in the composition of the vaginal environment and softening of the walls of the uterus. Increasing the number of whiter is necessary to facilitate the generic process. Consider the main sources of abundant secretions:
- Intense liquid secretion with a yellowish tinge without extraneous odors and discomfort sensations should not become a cause for alarm. If there are any doubts, consult a doctor for advice.
- Bacterial or fungal infections. Often, they provoke abundant leucorrhea at various stages of pregnancy. You can recognize them by uncharacteristic color, sour or putrid odor and tingling when going to the toilet. Urination may be accompanied by pain.
- Bacterial vaginosis. Detachable mucus acquires yellow color due to the content of the waste products of pathogens in it. During pregnancy, purulent discharge is another sign of bacterial vaginosis. If the mucus is colored in a dark yellow shade and is accompanied by a fishy smell, it may be trichomoniasis. Both pathologies can cause serious harm to the developing fetus. An accurate diagnosis will be made only by a doctor based on a review of the tests.
- Acute infection process. Leucorrhoea occurs due to the spread of infection in the organs of the reproductive system.
Yellowish discharge with odor, unusual color and texture cannot be ignored. You should not hope that they will disappear on their own and drag out time. Many pathologies lead to dangerous complications. It is forbidden to use any tablets and candles. Even the most common methods of treatment can harm the embryo.
Slimy secret yellowish
In pregnancy, yellow discharge without painful symptoms is a natural process. Mucous leucorrhoea during the first 12 weeks of pregnancy is manifested due to increased progesterone production. During this period, yellow thick discharge is the norm, since it is necessary for the formation of a dense mucous clot that performs a protective function. The main features of whiter include:
- During the first 3 months of pregnancy, the secretion may be intense, transparent or white with a slight tinge of yellow. There is no unusual smell separating liquid.
- The second trimester is characterized by the active production of the hormone estrogen. As a result, thick discharge during pregnancy gradually liquefies, but does not change its color and does not acquire odor.
Yellow mucous discharge during pregnancy with the accompanying signs in the form of pain, tingling, itching or unpleasant smell, suggests that the expectant mother requires high-quality treatment.
As mentioned earlier, during pregnancy light yellow mucus is considered a consequence of the natural processes occurring in the body. Consider the features of whiter appearing at various stages of fetal formation.
- 6 week. Homogeneous leucorrhea without blotches, burning and sharp smell. The appearance of negative symptoms indicates the spread of various pathologies.
- 7 week. At this stage, the yellow discharge without odor, pain and itching in the intimate area are considered natural, as is their mucous structure.
- 8 week. Discharges are separated in a small volume. Many women in the 8th week of pregnancy suffer from symptoms of candidiasis. The development of infection is associated with a decrease in the protective functions of the body. Vaginal microflora is oxidized to prevent the spread of pathogenic bacteria. This environment is considered the most optimal for the reproduction of fungi. To get rid of thrush, you should consult a doctor. If the secreted secretion becomes watery, the woman needs treatment to rule out the development of infectious diseases and the integrity of the walls of the amniotic bladder.
- 9 week. Yellowish discharge should have a uniform texture without extraneous inclusions. The presence of changes requires treatment in a medical facility.
- 10 week. Whites without darkening, impregnations and increase of volumes are considered natural. Any abnormalities require a full and high-quality therapy.
- 11 week. Red-yellow mucus, burning, itching in the intimate area, bright or too dark coloration is a reason to visit a gynecologist. Often these symptoms occur with the progression of infectious ailments of the urogenital system.
- 12 week. Mucus that is not accompanied by discomfort, can be considered normal. If the color changes, it is close to a brown or green shade, you should not postpone the visit to the doctor.
- 13 week. The secreted secret acquires a more liquid structure compared with the previous stages, which is associated with increased production of estrogen. If these signs do not cause inconvenience, then everything is in order.
During the entire period of childbearing, the expectant mother should closely monitor their own health and well-being.
- 37 week. The average amount of discharge that does not cause severe torment - the norm for this period. Their wateriness and an increase in the number, serves as a signal of the onset of labor or the discharge of amniotic fluid. Discharge during pregnancy yellow, accompanied by pain, increased temperature and an unpleasant odor, indicate inflammation of the pelvic organs.
- 38 - 40 weeks. A small amount of transparent whiter without painful sensations is normal for pregnant women. Increased wateriness or density, an increase in the amount of mucus is a sign of the onset of labor. The following symptoms are considered alarming: brownish or greenish shades, abdominal pain, uncharacteristic smell.
In order to minimize the risk of infection and the development of various diseases, a pregnant woman should take care of her own health with all the responsibility. Good value is a good rest, healthy food, prevention of emotional and physical overload. To do this, follow a few simple rules:
- You need to eat only high-quality and natural products. Vegetables and fresh seasonal fruits enrich the body with all necessary vitamins and trace elements.
- Pregnant women are shown moderate workouts, which should be followed by rest. Small loads strengthen the immune system, have a beneficial effect on health.
- Wash off should be at least 2 times a day with the use of hygiene products designed to care for the intimate area.
- Pregnant women are advised to wear classic models of underwear made from natural materials.
- Any sexual contact must be protected. Pathologies transmitted through sexual intercourse pose a serious danger to the fetus. It is especially difficult to treat such diseases during pregnancy.
- Women who are prone to allergic reactions should pay particular attention to the selection of caring hygiene products and laundry detergent.
The fulfillment of these rules, as well as the timely appeal to a qualified specialist in case of the slightest anxiety, is a guarantee of the normal course of pregnancy and the birth of a healthy child.
Yellow discharge during pregnancy often serves as the body’s natural response to embryo development. If you have painful symptoms or the slightest changes in health status, you should contact a specialist. So it is possible to timely identify existing deviations and get rid of them without harm to the baby.
Why do yellow secretions occur during pregnancy?
Why there are yellow discharge during pregnancy - worries all women, especially those who are faced with this problem. The causes of yellow discharge during pregnancy can be many.
- Impact of external factors (the most innocent reason):
- soap or other means used for personal hygiene,
- wearing synthetic underwear
- the use of daily pads soaked with aromatic substances or other chemical means
- irregular hygiene of the genitals.
- Diseases of the organs of the urogenital system of an inflammatory nature (in the uterus, fallopian tubes, bladder or in the ovaries, etc.) caused by nonspecific pathogens, for example, staphylococcus, Escherichia coli or fungal infection.
- Infectious diseases that spread sexually (for example, gonorrhea, trichomoniasis, chlamydia).
- Violation of the vaginal microflora (dysbiosis).
If yellow secretions appear during pregnancy, it is better to consult a obstetrician-gynecologist to identify the causes of their occurrence with the help of an examination and additional methods of examination.
After a comprehensive examination, the specialist will be able to prescribe the appropriate therapy if it is needed. It is not necessary to engage in self-treatment, and you should not delay the campaign to the doctor either.
Yellow discharge at the end of pregnancy
Yellow discharge in the 37th week of pregnancy, if they are in moderate amounts and do not bother with anything else, this is the norm. But if the discharge becomes strongly watery and there are a lot of them, then it is necessary to go to the doctor, since this may indicate a discharge of amniotic fluid and the beginning of labor activity. Also, if yellow secretion is accompanied by a not very pleasant odor, pain, temperature, then this can signal inflammation in the urinary system, which requires immediate treatment.
38, 39, 40 weeks
Yellow discharge at 38, 39, 40 weeks of pregnancy can be considered as the norm, if they are transparent, in moderation, have no odor, are not accompanied by itching, pain, temperature and do not have other impurities (for example, blood). In the case when the yellow discharge becomes very watery and abundant, and thick mucus appears (discharge of the mucus plug), this indicates a beginning labor. If the yellow secretion acquires an unpleasant odor at this time of pregnancy, becomes with a greenish or brownish tinge, pain occurs, then an obstetrician-gynecologist should be urgently requested.
Yellow-green discharge during pregnancy
Yellow-green discharge during pregnancy does not seem normal. The causative factor of yellow-green secretion can be:
- genital infections of bacterial genesis (very often this secretion is characteristic of trichomoniasis).
- vaginal dysbacteriosis, which is characterized not only by yellow-green secretions, but also by the foul smell of rotten fish.
In addition to yellow-green discharge, a pregnant woman can often be bothered by burning, itching, discomfort in the genital area, pain in the lower abdomen and during urination.
- When trichomoniasis yellow-green secretion has a frothy character with a not very pleasant smell.
- In the acute period, such secretion is usually abundant.
When a yellow-green secret is detected, an urgent need is to go to the doctor, undergo a complex of examinations and the necessary treatment in order to eliminate the infection and provide favorable conditions for the course of pregnancy.
Yellow-white discharge during pregnancy
Желто–белые выделения при беременности могут быть в норме либо являться следствием реакций аллергического характера на синтетическое белье, средства для интимной гигиены либо результатом поражения грибковой флорой. Quite often during pregnancy there is a thrush (candidiasis), due to reduced immunity, which is accompanied by the uncontrolled reproduction of conditionally pathogenic flora, in particular fungal. As a result, a pregnant woman appear:
- yellow-white secretory discharge, often cheesy character with a sour, reminiscent of a yeast,
- on the background of discharge there is marked itching, burning in the area of the entrance to the vagina,
- possible swelling of the labia minora.
When this symptom is detected, it is necessary to immediately contact an obstetrician-gynecologist to start timely rational treatment of thrush and prevent infection of the fetus.
Yellow-brown discharge during pregnancy
Yellow-brown discharge during pregnancy can be considered as normal, due to the physiological processes associated with pregnancy (mainly in the early stages) or may be the result of serious violations. In any case, when detecting a secret of yellow-brown color at any stage of pregnancy, it is necessary to go for consultation to a specialist.
- In the very early period of pregnancy (in the first weeks), yellow-brown discharge may be normal, since at this stage, the embryo attaches to the endometrium of the uterus and this process may be accompanied by the secretion of a small amount of blood. And as a result, the physiological secretion of a woman — white or white-yellow — is mixed with a small amount of blood and becomes yellow-brown in color.
- The appearance of yellow-brown with a predominance of brown secretion, both at early and at a later stage of pregnancy, should seriously alert. The cause of brown discharge at an early period may be:
- Ectopic pregnancy (tubal), which is a dangerous condition for a woman and with a late diagnosis and therapy can result in infertility.
- Detachment of the ovum, which threatens with spontaneous miscarriage. Therefore, with timely diagnosis, strict bed rest and appropriate therapy should be observed in order to maintain pregnancy.
- When a pregnancy stops, in such a situation, toxicosis stops and the pregnancy test shows a negative result.
- Spontaneous miscarriage, often with dizziness, weakness and pain in the lower abdomen.
- Possible erosion of the cervix.
The cause of brown discharge in late pregnancy are:
- An abnormally located placenta is close to the cervix, which leads to its deformation, impaired function, blood supply and impaired fetal development. Timely diagnosis of this pathology prevents complications from both the pregnant woman and the child.
- Placental abruption is also a dangerous condition that can result in premature birth and fetal death. Constant monitoring of the doctor in this situation is necessary to assist the pregnant woman and the child.
- After 38 weeks of pregnancy, the occurrence of brown secretion may be the norm, due to the discharge of cork mucous membrane, which is a precursor of physiological childbirth.
Yellow-brown secretion during pregnancy at any stage can also be a consequence of genital infections of bacterial origin, in this case there will be: itching, burning, pain and not very pleasant smell of secreted secretion. In any case, when a yellow-brown discharge occurs, it is urgent to go to the doctor in order not to miss the time and start the therapy in time if it is needed.
Light yellow discharge during pregnancy
Light yellow discharge during pregnancy is often the norm, especially in the absence of any clinical symptoms. In the first trimester of pregnancy, the occurrence of light-yellow discharge is associated with the formation of mucus plug in the cervix, which will perform a protective function - to prevent the penetration of infections into the fetal bladder outside. Such secretion can be abundant and stop after three to four months of pregnancy.
Yellow mucous discharge during pregnancy
Yellow mucous discharge during pregnancy, not accompanied by clinical symptoms, represent the norm. Mucosa secretion in the first twelve weeks of pregnancy, occurs due to the functioning of the hormone progesterone, which triggers the formation of viscous and thick secretions in order to form a mucus plug that prevents pathogens from entering the uterus.
- In the first trimester of pregnancy, mucosal discharge may be abundant, transparent, whitish in color or with a yellow tint and no smell.
- Starting from the second trimester of pregnancy, estrogen function prevails, as a result of which the mucous secretion dilutes and becomes thinner, the color of secreted secretion does not change and the smell is absent.
In cases when the yellow mucous secretion is accompanied by discomfort in the form of itching, burning, pain, or there is a not very pleasant smell, an urgent visit to the doctor for diagnosis and therapy is necessary.
Yellow thick discharge during pregnancy
Yellow thick discharge during pregnancy can be considered as the norm, in the case when they are not clinically manifest. Normally, such secretions are possible at an early stage of pregnancy, when a mucus plug forms, which serves as a defense against infection from entering the uterus from the outside. Dense secretion may occur in the first trimester of pregnancy, due to the functioning of the hormone progesterone.
Yellow thick secretion can be of a purulent nature and is accompanied by itching, pain, burning sensation, a not very pleasant smell, which indicates a genital infection of bacterial origin (most often gonorrhea).
Thick secretion of a dark yellow color during pregnancy may occur due to the active reproduction of Escherichia coli, staphylococcus, and is accompanied by the development of purulent inflammation.
If you have a yellow thick secretion, you should go for medical care to an obstetrician-gynecologist.
Yellow liquid discharge during pregnancy
Yellow liquid discharge during pregnancy can occur normally from the second trimester of pregnancy, when the estrogen hormone is predominant, contributing to the dilution of previously thick mucus. The result is the appearance of a rich, liquid secretion, odorless, color, which can be transparent or with a yellow tint. Such secretion does not bring discomfort, except as a feeling of moisture in the perineum. With this feeling will help cope daily pads, preferably without fragrances, to avoid allergies.
If yellow liquid secretion during pregnancy is accompanied by a not very pleasant odor, itching, pain, or fever, this may indicate an urinary tract infection, vaginal dysbacteriosis, or a possible allergic reaction. Also, the presence of yellow liquid secretion may indicate that amniotic fluid is leaking. That requires an immediate visit to the doctor and timely treatment.
Watery yellow discharge during pregnancy
Watery yellow discharge during pregnancy can be a normal variant if there is no smell and discomfort. But they can also signal the presence of the following pathology:
- Genital herpes, in which there is poor watery secretion with the formation of vesicles in the inflamed areas of the perineum. Often there is itching and pain at the site of the vesicles.
- Bacterial vaginosis may be present, in which watery secretion often has a not very pleasant odor, itching, soreness and urination disorder.
- The leakage of amniotic fluid, watery secretion may be with a yellow tinge and have a sweet smell.
- As a result of any infections - specific - bacterial sexually or non-specific.
The appearance of yellow watery secretion during pregnancy, especially accompanied by clinical symptoms, is the reason for the urgent visit to the obstetrician-gynecologist.
Yellow cheesy discharge during pregnancy
Yellow cheesy discharge during pregnancy indicates the active development, most often of the fungal flora, resulting in candidiasis (thrush). Activation of the fungal flora occurs due to a decrease in immunity during pregnancy, and may also be due to the intake of antibacterial drugs. Yellow cheesy secretion in thrush is accompanied by severe itching, burning sensation at the entrance to the vagina and an unpleasant sour smell of yeast. Such a condition requires timely therapy to prevent infection of the child and to ensure a favorable course of pregnancy. Self-medication is contraindicated, since not all drugs are possible during pregnancy, and it is also necessary to clarify the diagnosis with a doctor and carry out additional examination methods (smear on flora).
At all stages of pregnancy, the occurrence of yellow discharge can be normal, in the absence of other symptoms. But do not forget about the possible leakage of amniotic fluid, which, except for the yellow secretion may not manifest. Therefore, it is necessary to constantly be under the control of the doctor, to come for an examination in the appropriate time and to pass tests on time (in particular, swabs).
While waiting for a child and preparing for motherhood, all women want to be completely healthy, but this is not always the case. Therefore, you need to carefully monitor every change in your body and start treatment on time.
In the early stages of pregnancy, women in hormonal terms are in a state that resembles the second phase of the menstrual cycle. Fine at this wonderful time, the nature of vaginal secretions, the so-called whiter, is changing due to the active increase in the level of progesterone in the blood. They become thicker in consistency, more bulky, their number increases. At the same time, they retain their transparency or slightly whitish color, do not have an unpleasant smell and do not cause any unpleasant sensations in the fair sex. Remember, itching, burning, irritation should not be.
informationColor change more often indicates the development of the pathological process. In most cases, the gynecologist can make a preliminary diagnosis by the color of the discharge and suggest the cause of the pathology.
Why do yellow secretions appear during pregnancy, and how can this color be caused? Unfortunately, most often it is puswhich is formed due to the inflammatory process. Inflammation is the local reaction of the body to the penetration and damaging effect of an infectious agent. As a result of complex physiological processes aimed at protecting our body, and pus is produced. It includes:
- dead cells of local tissues
Most often, yellow discharge during pregnancy is accompanied by an unpleasant odor.
Yellow discharge in 1 trimester
At this time, the coloring of whiter in yellow color most often occurs due to the following reasons:
- Colpit - inflammation of the mucous membrane of the vagina.
A yellow discharge in the first trimester of pregnancy is often its first and only symptom.
additionallyThe reason is an infection, for the detection of which it is necessary to pass a general smear on the flora, seeding with the definition of antibiotic sensitivity and be examined for sexually transmitted infections. Based on the test results, the doctor will prescribe the necessary treatment for you.
In the early stages, most drugs are not used because of the harmful effects on the fetus, so there is a list of diseases that begin to be treated only after 10 weeks, and more often and later - after 12.
- Cervicitis - inflammation of the cervix.
The examination is the same as with colpitis, plus - analysis of herpes viruses and human papillomas. It is advisable to undergo colposcopy - examination of the cervix with a special device that allows you to enlarge the image several times.
- Thrush, or candidiasis.
Abundant white and often even yellowish discharge during pregnancy is one of the manifestations of this unloved disease for all women.
In its occurrence, the main role is played by physiological immunosuppression during the period of preparation for motherhood. It can be aggravated by taking antibiotics, an allergic reaction to synthetic underwear, flavored pads and intimate hygiene products.
- Bacterial vaginosis may also be one of the reasons for the appearance of yellow-white discharge during pregnancy. It is a violation of the normal microflora in the vagina, accompanied by an unpleasant "fish" smell from the genital tract, whites often become "bubbling." Sexually, it is not transmitted.
- Infected abortion.
Isolation of yellow in the first trimester of pregnancy, along with fever, chills, inflammatory changes in the blood often indicates penetration of the infection into the uterus, and sometimes infection of the blood. This happens with criminal abortions performed outside of medical institutions, without compliance with sanitary rules. Fortunately, now this is very rare.
Yellow discharge in the third trimester
By this time, all systems and organs of the fetus have already been formed, and its active growth begins.
- Yellow discharge during pregnancy in the third trimester, along with the above reasons for early periods, may occur due to infection of the membranes of the fetus and infection of the amniotic fluid. This pathology is called chorioamnionitis. It is very dangerous in late periods due to the risk of intrauterine infection of a baby. May occur in childbirth, with a long anhydrous period. In addition to pathological secretions, it is accompanied by fever and poor analyzes (a large number of leukocytes in the blood and smears).
- On the eve of childbirth, usually at 37 weeks and a little later, an active preparation of the mother's body begins for the appearance of the baby. At the same time, the cervix shortens, begins to soften, and its canal gradually opens, with the discharge mucus plug. Its quantity is about 20-30 ml. Color varies from white to yellow, often with streaks of blood. This is an absolutely normal phenomenon that does not require a visit to a doctor.
importantFrom the foregoing, it is possible to make a logical conclusion for yourself, future mothers, - staining whiter in yellow in 99% is pathological.
Even if you have a short period, say, 9 weeks, and you have not yet become registered, you shouldn’t delay addressing the gynecologist. Any disease is easier to beat early.
Possible causes of yellow discharge during pregnancy
Normally, discharge from the genital tract in expectant mothers is different from those present in women before pregnancy. From the moment of conception, the whole organism is rearranged. Changing hormones, which affects the condition of all internal organs. Changes capture the mucous membranes of the genital tract. Enhanced blood supply to the vagina and cervix leads to an increase in daily discharge. Such secretions can be quite abundant, but always remain transparent. In this case, a pregnant woman is not worried about itching or burning in the vagina. This condition is completely normal for the expectant mother and does not require any treatment.
It is quite another thing if discharge from the genital tract becomes yellow or dirty gray, purulent, with a smell. Often, against this background, itching and burning, pain during urination and during intercourse occur. These symptoms indicate the development of cervicitis (inflammation of the cervix) and colpitis (inflammation of the vagina). Why there is a defeat of the genital tract?
Experts identify the following causes of yellow discharge during pregnancy:
The disease often occurs during pregnancy on the background of reduced immunity. Under the influence of hormones worsen the protective properties of the mucous membrane of the genital tract. Lactobacilli are killed - beneficial microorganisms that provide normal vaginal biocenosis. Gardnarella, bacteroids and other microorganisms come to the place of lactobacilli. Often, bacterial vaginosis during pregnancy is combined with other infections.
With the development of the disease, women mark the appearance of yellowish or grayish-white vaginal discharge. Often secretions have an unpleasant "fish" smell. It also happens that the disease is asymptomatic, and only during the examination anaerobic microorganisms are detected.
Typical manifestations of thrush are white cheesy discharge from the genital tract and itching in the vagina. During pregnancy, candidiasis rarely comes alone. Thrush in future mothers usually occurs in comparison with other infections, and this determines the discoloration of the discharge to dirty yellow.
Ureaplasma and mycoplasma infections
When infected with ureaplasma and mycoplasma appear yellow discharge from the genital tract. Itching and burning in the vagina. Мочеиспускание становится болезненным, что говорит о переходе инфекции на уретру и мочевой пузырь. Общее состояние женщины не меняется.
Заболевание в большинстве случаев протекает бессимптомно. When combined with other infectious processes in the vagina, it can cause abundant yellow discharge from the genital tract. Often accompanied by cystitis (inflammation of the bladder).
Nonspecific cervicitis and colpitis
The source of infection can be any microorganisms living in the vagina: Escherichia coli, Klebsiella, Proteus. Under normal conditions, these bacteria do not lead to the development of the disease, and are activated only against the background of reduced immunity. The disease may occur after local or systemic antibiotic treatment.
How to find out the cause of yellow discharge during pregnancy?
Before starting treatment, it is necessary to identify the causative agent of the disease. To do this, a smear is taken from the female genital tract for flora, and the contents of the cervical canal are sown on special media. Be sure to determine the sensitivity of microorganisms to certain groups of antibiotics. The analysis is prepared in the laboratory within 3-7 days.
To identify chlamydial infection is taken intake discharge from the cervical canal for PCR. Polymerase chain reaction allows you to accurately determine the causative agent of the disease. Ureaplasma and mycoplasma infection detected using the method of ELISA (enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay). It does not make sense to perform PCR on ureaplasma. This analysis shows only the presence of a microorganism, but does not calculate its quantity in the genital tract. This method is good for chlamydia - in principle, these infectious agents should not be in the body of a woman. Ureaplasma and mycoplasma normally live in the vagina, and become dangerous only with a significant spread.
Treatment of cervicitis and colpitis during pregnancy
After identifying the causative agent of the disease begins antibiotic therapy. If nonspecific flora (E. coli and other pathogens) became the source of yellow secretions, vaginal suppositories are prescribed. "Terzhinan", "McMiror", "Polizhnaks" are allowed for use from the second trimester of pregnancy. The course of therapy is from 7 to 10 days.
With the development of bacterial vaginosis, these drugs will be ineffective. In this case, the use of agents acting on gardnarelli and other anaerobic bacteria is required. After 14 weeks of pregnancy, vaginal plugs “Klion D100” or “Neo Penotran Forte” are used. Each of these drugs contains metronidazole and miconazole. Metronidazole has a detrimental effect on pathogens of bacterial vaginosis, and miconazole copes with thrush, which often accompanies anaerobic infection. The course of therapy is 7-10 days.
Chlamydia, mycoplasma and ureaplasma infections require a special approach. In these diseases, antibiotics from the macrolide group are administered orally. The most famous of them is "Josamycin". Treatment lasts up to 10 days. The dosage of drugs is determined by the doctor. At the same time, candles are appointed "Terzhinan", "McMiror" and others.
Most of the known drugs are used no earlier than 16 weeks of pregnancy. In the first trimester, treatment of yellow secretions from the genital tract has its own characteristics. For a period of up to 12-14 weeks, a limited number of drugs are used, which do not have a negative effect on the intrauterine development of the fetus.
After the end of antibacterial therapy, the normal microflora of the vagina is restored. During pregnancy, Vagilak or Lactagel is appointed for this purpose. These drugs infect the vagina and cervix with lactobacilli and reduce the risk of disease recurrence.
Cases where a yellow color is not a threat
The first trimester of pregnancy is accompanied by increased production of progesterone, which is necessary for the preservation and development of the fetus.
The effect of this hormone on the female body is manifested, including a change in the nature of vaginal secretions.
Their consistency becomes thicker, and the number - more. The color of the discharge changes from transparent to white or light yellow.
From the first days of the development of the embryo, a mucus plug begins to form in the cervix. It is designed to protect the fetus from the harmful effects of bacteria and microorganisms. The formation of a stopper can also trigger the appearance of a yellow mucous secretion.
They should not be accompanied by itching, pain, inflammation or swelling of tissues and other signs of infection.
Trichomoniasis damaging the mucous membrane
For trichomoniasis is characterized by yellow-green discharge in the form of foam with a fetid odor. A woman may be bothered by itching and hyperemia of the mucous membranes of the genital organs, a feeling of discomfort during sexual intercourse.
Trichomoniasis does not affect the development of the fetus, but may provoke premature birth due to early amniotic fluid.
This occurs as a result of damage to the membranes of the membranes with an aggressive environment that occurs in the vagina in a woman with trichomoniasis.
Chlamydia during pregnancy can be manifested by yellow vaginal discharge, painful urination, slight pain in the pelvic region.
In the early stages of pregnancy, exacerbation of chlamydia can cause a miscarriage, a non-developing or an ectopic pregnancy. In the second half of pregnancy, damage to the placenta and the internal organs of the fetus may develop, and the risk of premature birth increases.
The detection of chlamydia infection in pregnant women, its effect on the fetus, methods of treatment are described in the video.
Gonorrhea with copious secretions
The symptoms of gonorrhea are similar to the symptoms of trichomoniasis: unpleasantly smelling abundant yellow discharge, itching and burning in the vagina, pain during urination.
In the first weeks of pregnancy, gonorrhea can provoke a miscarriage, in later periods - placental insufficiency.
While the child is moving through the birth canal, gonorrhea mainly affects the eyes. In the future, it threatens him with complete blindness.
The appearance of signs of a sexually transmitted infection does not mean that it was obtained during pregnancy. It is possible that the infection occurred long before conception, and the disease was not cured to the end.
During pregnancy, due to the weakening of the immune system, the sleeping infection is activated.
If the detected diseases are not treated, there is a high probability that infection will occur during birth.
Non-specific inflammatory processes - the cause of yellow, cheesy, light and dark discharge
Thrush (candidiasis) becomes a frequent companion of pregnancy. It is provoked by the fungus of the genus Candida and is manifested by secretions with a sour smell, which resemble cottage cheese in consistency.
In this case white, white-yellow or light yellow cheesy discharges appear. For thrush, a woman is worried about itching and burning in the genital area, which can be accompanied by swelling of the mucous membrane.
The appearance of dark yellow thick or yellow-brown secretions can be a symptom of an infection provoked by pathogenic flora (staphylococcus, Escherichia coli, diplococci, Proteem). These bacteria surround a person in everyday life, but when the body’s defenses are weakened, the normal microflora of the vagina is disturbed and inflammation develops.
Yellow-green secretions in the form of exfoliating films signal the development of vaginal dysbiosis (dysbiosis). Often, the discharge has a fishy smell, which increases after intercourse. In rare cases, there is a burning sensation when urinating.
Bright yellow discharge can be a symptom of adnexitis (inflammation of the ovaries or fallopian tubes). Also with this pathology may appear dark yellow.
In addition to secretions, inflammation signals itself by fever, weakness and soreness in the groin.
With the onset of pregnancy, the female body becomes more susceptible to external stimuli. Any of these can cause an allergic reaction. Allergy is manifested by yellow secretions, odorless, sometimes itching. It can provoke:
- washing powder
- synthetic underwear
- hygiene products,
- panty liners (especially flavored).
Even those products that were used before pregnancy can cause allergies. The problem is solved by eliminating contact with the allergen.
In the last weeks of pregnancy, yellow discharge can mistakenly take the leakage of amniotic fluid.
In order to confirm the presence of amniotic fluid in the secretions, a special test is used. It looks like a regular daily panty and is sold in many pharmacies.
Tactic behavior of women
If a pregnant woman notices in her yellow discharge, the first thing she needs to do is not to panic.
Isolation of yellow color is not a sign of an immediate threat to pregnancy, but may indicate the presence of a disease or inflammation.
The doctor at the reception will ask about the sickness of the patient, will conduct a gynecological examination and take a smear for analysis.
If necessary, he may prescribe additional studies (ultrasound of the pelvic organs, laboratory tests of blood and urine, and others). Based on the data obtained, the doctor will diagnose and determine the treatment regimen.
Depending on the nature of the disease, therapy turns off the intake of antibacterial, antiviral or antifungal drugs, means to restore the vaginal microflora.
All diseases can be successfully treated without harm to the fetus, if the therapy is carried out with special preparations for pregnant women. It is impossible to neglect the prescribed treatment, because it threatens intrauterine developmental disorders or infecting the child during the process of delivery.
Yellow discharge during pregnancy can be both a variant of the norm, and a sign of infection. To determine their cause can only be a doctor, so with the appearance of discharge do not need to delay the visit to the gynecologist.
The woman herself is able to do everything possible to prevent them: follow the rules of hygiene, eat right, avoid stress and use barrier contraception.
What is the yellow discharge during pregnancy
This is a temporary phenomenon that may scare the future mom with its profusion, especially if the woman has not yet given birth. Yellow discharge in early pregnancy may exist and not be considered an extensive pathology. It is possible that this is a consequence of the restructuring of the hormonal background, which is normal after successful fertilization of the egg. However, the characteristic blotches on underwear can and alert, especially if there is a specific vaginal odor. If such a symptom occurs, it does not hurt to contact a leading gynecologist.
A pregnant woman should doubly follow the rules of intimate hygiene to eliminate the risk of penetration of the pathogen infection to the genitals. If the pathogen exhibits increased activity in the urogenital tract, in addition to vaginal discharge, itching, burning, and internal discomfort predominate. In this clinical picture, timely medical intervention is required, otherwise the risk of miscarriage increases in the early period, and pathological delivery in the late period. However, the causes of such an unpleasant symptom may be other, less dangerous.
Yellow discharge in early pregnancy
Vaginal impurities at 6-7 obstetric week can be allocated in a meager amount, and this is the limit of the norm. At 9-13 obstetric week, their volume increases slightly, but to panic for health in the absence of a specific smell and without a change in color is not worth it. If the characteristic discharge acquires a cheesy consistency, there is a suspicion of thrush - vaginal candidiasis.
In the second trimester
Vaginal discharge may occur at a later obstetric period. In the second trimester, they should be liquid and odorless - in this case, the pathological process of speech is not. If there is a smell, the texture is compacted, greenish or brown impurities are present, the pelvic organs must be treated after diagnosis. In case of heavy discharge, you need to contact your doctor, if you have bleeding, call an ambulance. If the yellow discharge during pregnancy is asymptomatic, it may indicate a hormonal imbalance.
In the third trimester
Since the immunity of a pregnant woman is pathologically weak, impaired microflora of the vagina is a common phenomenon. Vaginal candidiasis can be determined by specific secretions of a curd consistency with a sour odor. This disease has an infectious nature, and in the absence of timely treatment, it is transmitted to the baby as it passes through the birth canal. In the third trimester, this is a real problem that is difficult to conservatively treat. The passage of mucus plug is another reason why yellow mucus occurs during pregnancy.
Dark yellow discharge
The presence of a dark shade eloquently indicates that a small amount of blood fell into the yellowish discharge during pregnancy in the early stages. In this case, a dangerous pathology is not foreseen if this biological fluid in the secretions appeared as a result of the natural attachment of the embryo to the uterine epithelium. The phenomenon is temporary, not accompanied by additional symptoms, quietly disappears without conservative treatment.
If a woman has an additional stomach ache, the body temperature rises sharply, chills and fever are present, brownish discharge may indicate ectopic pregnancy. This is a dangerous disease that is treated only with surgical methods, has a long rehabilitation period and serious consequences for the health of the reproductive system. Therefore, if you begin to disturb the yellow-brown discharge during pregnancy, an urgent need to contact a gynecologist.
With such an unpleasant symptom in the female body often develop thrush, especially dangerous for a child in the third trimester. Increased activity of pathogenic microorganisms is observed in the mucous membrane of the vagina, the birth canal, it becomes a prerequisite for highly undesirable infection of the newborn. Therefore, with the appearance of white-yellow discharge, an urgent need to contact your doctor. In some future mothers, this is a permanent symptom throughout the entire period of pregnancy, while vaginal candidiasis is prone to a chronic course.
Odorless, yellow-green discharge
Dangerous diseases of the urogenital tract of an infectious nature are also accompanied by yellow vaginal discharge, while there are greenish impurities in a uniform consistency. The most common diagnoses for such an unpleasant symptom are trichomoniasis and gonorrhea, which markedly worsens the general condition of the woman and the unborn baby. In the course of the pathological process, infection of a viscous secretion, infection of a partner during sexual contact is observed. Such diseases also have other signs, including:
- severe itching, burning and redness of the external genital organs,
- aching pain and discomfort during sexual contact, urination,
- Pregnancy discharge frothy, copious, have the smell of rotten fish.
Other possible causes of yellow discharge with a green tint are intestinal dysbiosis. Such symptoms need to be treated promptly, otherwise a progressive disease during pregnancy on the background of a weakened immunity only strengthens its symptoms, scares its complications and unpleasant consequences in the form of internal discomfort, increased nervousness, pain when going to the toilet, intrauterine pathologies.
Action Plan for Highlights
For such a problem, the first thing to do is to contact a gynecologist and after examining the reproductive system, determine the root cause of this unpleasant symptom. For example, infectious diseases, long-term erosion of the cervix, vaginal dysbiosis, ectopic pregnancy, or the risk of miscarriage in early pregnancy can cause specific discharge. For the period of diagnosis in complicated clinical pictures, a woman “in an interesting position” can be put on conservation.
If extensive pathologies are absent, the examination takes place in a hospital. Otherwise, valuable recommendations to future moms from doctors are presented below:
- a pregnant woman should eat right and follow the rules of intimate hygiene every day,
- for washing underwear and subject to intimate hygiene it is recommended to choose hypoallergenic products,
- pregnant women should strengthen the immune system, after consulting with a gynecologist.