Future parents often dream of having a child of a certain sex. There is a technique according to which one can calculate the sex of a child from ovulation. At the moment there are many ways, recommendations, diets and other things. However, the calculation of ovulation is quite a popular method. It should be immediately noted that a 100% guarantee does not exist, but it is quite possible to increase the chances of having a baby of a certain sex. What is the method?
What is ovulation?
Ovulation is the physiological process of maturation of the egg, ready for fertilization. The female menstrual cycle is divided into three phases: follicular, ovulatory and luteal. Each phase is accompanied by the active action of a certain hormone. During the first one, FSH is launched, which promotes the maturation of the follicle, within which the egg cell is located. Once the follicle has matured, ovulation occurs - the egg leaves the follicle and moves through the fallopian tubes to the uterus.
The egg cell will be ready for fertilization within 48 hours, but some doctors claim that the readiness period can vary from 2 to 5 days. Spermatozoa have a longer life cycle, ranging from 2 to 7 days.
Further, two options are possible: either conception occurs, or the egg cell dissolves, the woman begins monthly periods again and the body goes through all stages of the menstrual cycle again and prepares for possible conception. Thus, the chances of becoming pregnant during this period are most likely, so for couples who want to become parents, it is important to take the cycle into account when planning.
How is the floor of the future baby planned?
There are many methods for planning the floor of the future child. However, none of them will give an absolute guarantee. Of all the methods worth noting one - the definition of sex by ovulation. The method is quite popular, but not proven. Consider what the essence.
As it is known, female oocytes contain exclusively the X chromosome, the male germ cells can contain both the X chromosome and Y. After the "merging" with the egg cell, the chromosome set is restored. If fertilization with the X-sperm cell occurred, the child will have a set of XX, that is, a girl will be born, if the Y-sperm cell is born, a boy will be born. Thus, the sex of a future baby depends only on the man, or rather on the sperm cell of the fertilized egg.
Each type of chromosome has certain distinctive features. Male reproductive cells bearing the Y-chromosome are more active, but have a short life cycle. Spermatozoa with a female chromosome set, on the contrary, are slow, but differ in "vitality".
It turns out that couples who want to conceive a boy need to determine the “favorable days” as precisely as possible and plan sexual intercourse on the day of the egg's release, or no later than a day before its occurrence. Wanting to become the girl's parents, intimacy should be 2-3 days before the release of the egg, which will not leave the chances of "boyish" spermatozoa.
How to calculate the date for conceiving a child?
Quite effective is the calendar method of calculating ovulation. To know the approximate date of ovulation, you need to know your cycle. Normally, it varies from 21 to 35 days. Gynecologists recommend at least a year before the planned conception to start celebrating the "red" days in the calendar. Further, depending on the cycle, the date is calculated for the most likely conception.
The standard is a cycle lasting 28 days, here it’s easiest to count - ovulation is likely to occur in the middle of the cycle, on day 14. With a different duration, it is customary to take approximately 14 days from the last day of the cycle. If a woman has a duration of 21 days, ovulation is likely to be at 7-8 days, with a 35-day cycle - at 20-21 days. Given the life cycle of germ cells, the most favorable days will be 4-5 before the expected ovulation and 1-2 after.
Other methods of calculation
To increase the chances of successful fertilization, there are other methods to determine the days favorable for conception:
- Basal temperature measurement. Measure the basal temperature from the first day of the cycle immediately after waking up, without getting out of bed. The data is recorded in the schedule. From the first phase of the BT cycle, it is kept more or less at the same level, immediately before ovulation a drop to a minimum can be observed, and after that - a sharp jump. The difference is sometimes 0.5-0.8 degrees.
- Tests With the help of tests it will be possible to track changes in luteinizing hormone, which rises 24-36 hours before the egg leaves the follicle. The method is similar to performing a pregnancy test.
- Determination of ovulation using cervical fluid. The substance released from the mucous glands of the cervix undergoes changes during the cycle. First of all it concerns the consistency, immediately before the release of the egg and after it the mucus becomes lighter, transparent and elastic, similar to egg white. In other periods, the secret will be viscous, muddy and sticky, which will create a barrier to sperm.
- Folliculometry - monitoring of the activity of the ovaries with the help of ultrasound, which allows to know the date of ovulation.
It should be remembered that the female menstrual cycle is subject to disruptions and depends on many reasons, including: stress, illness, medication, weight problems and even climate. In some cases, anovulatory cycles and double ovulation are possible.
These factors must be taken into account using the definition of sex by ovulation. It is recommended every month to monitor the maturation of the egg, then it will be possible to more accurately track ovulation and calculate the floor.
Often parents want to determine in advance the sex of the child, while resorting to various available methods. At the moment, there are dozens of such methods, but none of them received confirmation. Therefore, it is absolutely impossible to plan who will be born. But in any case, you can try and see for yourself whether the method was effective or not.
One of the most popular is the calculation of the future sex of the baby by ovulation. Since the formation of the floor is influenced by the chromosomal set with which the sperm first reaches the egg, choosing this method it is important to take into account the features of the sperm carrying the X chromosome and Y.
The former are slow and have a short life cycle, the latter are more active, but live a little. Wanting to conceive a boy should plan sexual intercourse on the day of ovulation, or immediately in front of her, the girl - 2-3 days before the release of the egg. Using the method, the most important thing is to correctly calculate the "favorable" days and "catch" ovulation.
Did this method help you to “plan” the sex of the child?
How to determine the sex of the unborn child?
Firstly, it is of course, science-based methods. There are two of them:
- Chorionic biopsy. With this procedure, you can determine the sex of the unborn child with one hundred percent probability. It is carried out for a period of 6-10 weeks only for medical reasons, since this procedure can threaten the birth of a child. Using a special needle, several cells of the future placenta are extracted from the uterus. Only, in order to, to know the sex of the child a biopsy is not recommended.
- Ultrasound. This is the most common and well-known scientific method. But, unfortunately, not always reliable. The most accurate result can be obtained after a period of 23 weeks. And only sometimes, it is possible to determine the sex of the future child at 15 - 16 weeks of pregnancy.
In addition to scientific methods, there are many methods How to determine the sex of the child. After all, ultrasound diagnostics appeared quite recently, and women always wanted to know who you were born for, therefore for many thousands of years, various ways of determining the sex of a child are passed down from generation to generation. Here are just some of them:
How to determine the sex of the unborn child by the date of ovulation
Determining the sex of a child by the date of ovulation is based on the difference in spermatozoa. As is known, sperm carriers of the Y chromosome are more mobile and more agile. During fertilization, they are the first to reach the egg, and therefore the sex of the unborn child is male. But, if at the moment of proximity ovulation has not yet occurred, then the sperm carriers of the Y chromosomes soon die. Unlike them, sperm carriers of the X chromosome for 2 - 3 days can wait for the right moment. In this case, we must wait for the birth of a girl.