- Cylindrical tampons. Impregnated with white oily cream flavored with lavender. In the package 2 pcs.
- Plastic Candle Candles. Pack of 10, 5 pcs.
- Round tablets, white with a through hole in the center. In a polypropylene tube of 12 pieces.
- Oval capsules light yellow color. In the blister 2, 6 pcs. In a pack of 1, 2 blisters.
- Cream-gel in a tube. Volume 72 gr. Designed for 30 applications.
Benzalkonium chloride has a destructive effect on sperm membranes - spermicidal effect. Fertilization becomes impossible. The complete destruction of the sperm is carried out after 20 seconds after interacting with contraceptive.
Additional antiseptic effect from the use of Pharmatex - antimicrobial activity against genital herpes, Staphylococcus aureus, trichomoniasis, gonorrhea, chlamydia. Vs candida (thrush), gardnerella, syphilis, mycoplasmal infection, the drug is almost powerless.
Does not affect hormonal cycle and vaginal microflora.
Indications for use
It is a local contraception for any healthy woman in the reproductive age.
- before offensive menopause,
- if necessary, in episodic protection from fertilization,
- when used improperly oral contraceptives,
- in the presence of contraindications to the use of contraceptives of the oral variety,
- after abortion.
The components of the drug are not able to be absorbed into the blood and have a general effect on the body as a whole, except for persons who have a pronounced sensitivity to benzalkonium chloride. In the case of the use of Pharmatex in accordance with the information specified in the instructions, the development of side effects is minimized, and, as a rule, in healthy women spermicides do not show any undesirable symptoms and side effects.
In the case of allergic reaction (itching, burning, contact dermatitis) The contraceptive should be immediately removed from the list of permitted drugs for personal use.
Instructions on Farmateks
All varieties of Pharmatex contraceptives are taken intravaginally in a horizontal position. With repeated sexual intercourse, a new drug is used (required!).
Instructions for contraceptive candles: Candle is taken 5 minutes before the start of sexual intercourse. Activity is maintained for 4 hours, or until the first hit of sperm in the vagina.
Instructions for vaginal tablets: The tablet is pre-moistened with water. After 10 minutes of introduction. Activity is maintained for 3 hours, or until the first hit of sperm in the vagina.
Instructions for use of cream Farmateks: The gel is injected using an applicator. Acts instantly. Contraceptive cream is active for no more than 10 hours, or until the first semen enters the vagina. Those who do not know how many times the cream lasts are provided for a reminder - one tube (72 grams) is designed for 30 receptions.
Instructions for vaginal capsules: Candle is designed for deep input. Contraceptive spermicidal candles begin to act within 10 minutes. Active for 4 hours, or until the first hit of sperm in the vagina.
Instructions for vaginal tampons: A tampon (sponge) is inserted by the efforts of the fingers. Should reach (touch) to the cervix. Valid until 24 hours. After the act, it is allowed to reuse an already inserted tampon (up to three times). For the easiest extraction of the tampon, you must take the position "squatting».
What does Farmatex help? - indications
The main use of the drug is to ensure safe sexual intercourse, both in relation to an unplanned pregnancy, and in relation to some sexually transmitted diseases.
What does Farmatex help? Tablets, suppositories or Pharmatex cream are used in the following situations:
- during breastfeeding and immediately after childbirth,
- when it is impossible to use oral contraceptive methods,
- with rare sexual intercourse, when it is impractical to use oral contraceptives,
- in cases where taking the pill is missed,
- in the period before menopause,
- as an additional contraceptive
- after abortion or miscarriage.
Pharmatex does not provide complete protection from unwanted pregnancy, especially for young couples (up to 35 years), in which the sexual partner has a seed that is saturated with a sufficient number of active spermatozoa.
Instructions for use Pharmatex dosage
introduction of Farmatex cream
According to the instructions, Pharmatex tablets must be inserted deep into the vagina, lying on his back. Pre-pill must be moistened (!). The introduction is carried out 10 minutes before the start of sexual intercourse.
- Valid tablet form no more than 3 hours.
Pharmatex candles are inserted vaginally in the same position as the tablets, but at least 5 minutes before the start of coitus. Suppositories melt fairly quickly at body temperature, so it is better to hold them in the fridge beforehand and inject them into the vagina immediately after removal from the contour packaging.
- The action of candles is 4 hours.
Contraceptive cream is squeezed out of the tube into the dispenser capacity, it is important that it does not form air bubbles, this reduces the amount of active ingredient in the portion of the contraceptive. Lying on your back, you must insert the dispenser into the vagina and slowly introduce the cream as far as possible by pressing on the piston.
- The cream starts working immediately and lasts 10 hours.
The duration of the drug does not mean that throughout this time you can have sex. Each new sexual intercourse must be accompanied by a dose of Pharmatex. In case of violation of the instructions, it is likely that the spermatozoa will not lose their activity and the egg will fertilize.
It is very important to follow the instructions for use of Pharmatex, since often it is non-compliance with the rules of application leads to unplanned pregnancy. Do not use soap and other cosmetics for washing during the use of this contraceptive.
Soap, even in small quantities, destroys the active ingredient of the drug and makes it inactive. Therefore, you can wash yourself with detergent cosmetics and douche no earlier than 2 hours after the end of sexual intercourse. Prior to this, external toilet of the genital organs can be performed with running water.
The drug does not have a teratogenic effect and is not excreted in breast milk, so it can be used during pregnancy (which is impractical) and during breastfeeding.
Since this contraceptive method does not provide absolute guarantees, it makes sense at the same time to use barrier methods of contraception.
Side effects of Pharmatex, contraindications
Side effects include local allergic reactions. In this case, one or both sexual partners may experience itching, redness, swelling, rash, and burning sensation. However, according to reviews of doctors, Farmatex quite rarely gives side effects.
Contraindications to the use of the drug are the presence of hypersensitivity to the components of the drug, irritation and trauma of the genital organs, the use of other vaginal medicines during this period of time, which can neutralize the action of Pharmatex.
Overdose can not happen, because the drug is not absorbed into the bloodstream, but only distributed along the walls of the vagina.
Analogs Pharmatex, list of drugs
Pharmatex analogues include:
Remember that a doctor's consultation is obligatory, but if you are going to use the analogue of the prescribed Pharmatex - the instructions for use, the price and reviews of the analogues do not apply and cannot be used as a guide for treatment. When replacing Pharmatex with an analogue, a correction of the application scheme may be required.
Pharmatex - tablets, cream or candles - which is better?
To choose tablets, cream or suppositories Pharmatex can be decided only by the woman herself in her subjective feelings. However, some nuances in the use of drugs are still available.
For example, Pharmatex contraceptive vaginal tablets are suitable only for women who do not have problems with the release of lubricant. Since if the natural lubricant is poorly excreted, it is rather difficult to insert a pill deep into the vagina, and besides, there may be problems with its dissolution.
Suppositories have a great lubricating function and are suitable for everyone. Pharmatex cream has high lubrication, its use is considered to be more hygienic, since it is not necessary to insert fingers into the vagina, for this a special dispenser is attached. In addition, its action occurs immediately and lasts many times longer, compared with pills and suppositories.
Pharmatex (benzalkonium chloride 50% aqueous solution) is a vaginal contraceptive with a spermicidal effect. It has a high spermicidal and disinfecting activity, as well as ease of use. Getting into the vagina, benzalkonium chloride combines with the mucous membrane, covering it with a continuous protective film. It takes only a few seconds to immobilize and destroy the sperm. The strength of the spermicidal action of benzalkonium chloride is four times greater than nonoxynol-9. In addition, this substance is an antiseptic and shows bactericidal activity against microorganisms that are carriers of genital infections. The drug has no effect on saprophytic vaginal microflora. No systemic effect. Non-toxic, because does not penetrate the blood. Quickly and irreversibly destroys the sperm, separating the head from the flagellum. The unidirectional movement of molecules of benzalkonium chloride ensures the integrity of the protective film covering the mucous membrane. The mucus produced by the cervix is transparent and has a viscous and viscous consistency. Benzalkonium chloride makes it a dense jelly mass, acting as a natural barrier to the penetration of sperm into the uterus. After 10 seconds from the moment of instillation of the drug in the vagina, it is impossible to identify a single viable sperm. Similarly, the drug acts on bacteria and viruses: it breaks their membranes and causes lysis of the cell. Benzalkonium chloride is active against staphylococci, streptococci, intestinal balochka, enterobacteria, chlamydia, gardnerella, neisseriya, treponemam, trichomonads, herpes simplex virus, HIV, etc.
D. Weakly active or inactive against Candida, hemophilus bacilli, mycoplasma. It has no effect on the normal microflora. The drug does not penetrate the uterus, does not pass through the vaginal epithelium, does not have a teratogenic effect, as evidenced by numerous clinical trials (a total of 18 studies were conducted in Western Europe, Canada and the USA). The active component of the drug is easily removed from the vagina by ordinary washing and together with urine and other physiological secretions. Pharmatex can be used as a priority contraceptive:
• if taking oral contraceptives or using an intrauterine device for some reason is contraindicated,
• in the period after the birth of the child,
• during breastfeeding (because the drug does not penetrate into breast milk and does not have systemic effects),
• for rare sexual intercourse, when there is no need for regular contraception using oral contraceptives,
• in women over 40,
• with an increased risk of infection with sexually transmitted infections.
Available in the form of vaginal capsules, tablets, suppositories and cream. The effectiveness of the contraceptive effect of Pharmatex depends on the implementation of the recommendations set out in the instructions for use.
Forms of release and mechanism of work
Each girl can choose for themselves the most convenient form and method of using "Farmax". The drug is available in several forms:
- Cream that must be entered using an applicator. Cream "Farmateks" is packaged in tubes of 72 g. One tube is designed for 30 applications.
- Tampon soaked in flavored cream. In the standard package - 2 pcs.
- Oval capsules packed in a blister of 2 or 6 pieces. Cardboard packs of 1 or 2 blisters in each are produced.
- Round-shaped tablets with a hole, sealed in a polypropylene tube. In one pack up to 12 units.
- Candles, shaped like a cylinder with a cone-shaped constriction. “Pharmatex” in the form of candles is usually packed in a flexible plastic sheath of 5 or 10 pieces.
Depending on the form of release, the set of excipients and the time of action of the drug change. Only the main component, benzalkonium chloride, remains unchanged.
The action of "Pharmatex" is simultaneously in the destruction of the sperm membrane and enveloping the walls of the vagina and cervix with a film that protects against the penetration of spermatozoa, as well as viral infections. Benzalkonium chloride at the same time acts as an antiseptic and spermicide.
The list of diseases that the Pharmatex contraceptive drug protects against includes:
- herpes simplex virus,
- Staphylococcus aureus,
- HIV infection.
Acting as an antiseptic, Pharmatex has a preventive effect, preventing the development of tumors of the reproductive organs and diseases of the cervix uteri, reduces the risk of thrush and bacterial vaginosis.
The drug is not absorbed into the blood, so often it is often recommended for use during pregnancy and lactation.
Experts highly appreciate the effectiveness of Farmatex candles as a contraceptive: it is believed that its reliability is about 70%.
According to studies, the Pearl Index (an indicator by which the effectiveness of contraceptives is assessed) for the drug Pharmatex is less than 1%, that is, no more than one case of pregnancy among women who use Pharmatex. However, doctors working "in the field", that is, gynecologists, leading reception in antenatal clinics, argue that about 30 women out of 100 become pregnant as a result of using this drug. It does not specify what proportion of pregnancies occur due to errors in the use of "Farmax" for protection.
Because of the difference in the composition and the form of release for each type of drug has its own characteristics of use. Most often, girls get candles that need to be used 5 minutes before intimacy. However, it is impossible to transfer the recommendations described in the Farmatex Candles instructions to other forms of the drug. Below is a table in which the rules of use for all types of Pharmatex are given.
When using any type of drug manufacturer recommends to observe the following rules:
Enter the drug preferably in the supine position. This will put the candle, pill or capsule as deep as possible.
- Be sure to observe the time intervals necessary for the onset of the peak of the spermicidal effect of the drug.
- The tool is not designed for multiple uses (except for tampons). Before the new proximity, you must re-enter the drug.
- Soap can destroy the film formed by benzalkonium chloride, and reduce the spermicidal properties of the drug, so you should avoid using soap for intimate hygiene two hours before sexual intercourse and the same amount of time after.
- Rinse off with clean water after 2 hours.
- A visit to the pool, swimming in water, taking a bath reduces the effectiveness of the drug.
- It is not recommended to use "Pharmatex" during the period of use of drugs that are inserted into the vagina (candles, douching with medicinal solutions).
- The drug can not be used during pregnancy.
- The drug is not a means of emergency contraception, so the use after unprotected intercourse, for example, if the condom is torn, does not guarantee protection from unwanted pregnancy. This applies to all forms of Pharmatex.
Indications and Contraindications
Before buying and using "Pharmatex" you should consult with your doctor. Despite the fact that it is a non-hormonal drug, which is practically not absorbed into the blood, its use in certain diseases may aggravate the course of the disease.
Contraindications to the use of the drug are:
- inflammatory diseases of the mucous membrane of the vagina and cervix (vaginitis, erosion, ulcers),
- mechanical damage - breaks, cracks caused by the disease, irritation of the mucous membrane, allergic reactions,
An allergic reaction to the drug rarely occurs, but when unpleasant symptoms appear, it is better to refuse “Farmatex” even with the advice of a doctor or use analogues: “Primatex”, “Benatex”, “Vagitek”.
Individual intolerance to the drug manifests itself very quickly, and symptoms of side effects may appear in both partners. As a rule, it is a burning sensation or itching, irritation of the mucous membrane of the vagina or on the penis of the partner.
The indications for regular or occasional use of Pharmatex are:
the period preceding menopause
- recovery period after abortion,
- during breastfeeding, after childbirth,
- in case of irregular intake of oral hormonal contraceptives, in case of skipping pills,
- if taking hormonal drugs is impossible due to the state of health,
- in the absence of regular sex life.
Pharmamatex analogues containing the same active ingredient include drugs: Benatex, Contratex, Farmaginex, Ginecotex, Erotex in the form of a gel, suppositories, tablets and a cream for vaginal use.
They also produce analogs of Pharmatex by the method of action. These include Contraceptin T, Nonoxynol, Sterilin and NovaRing.
Using Pharmatex is contraindicated in:
- Ulceration and irritation of the mucous membrane of the vagina and uterus,
- Hypersensitivity to the components of the drug,
- If it is impossible to correctly use Pharmatex (as a rule, in case of mental disorders).
Farmatex vaginal tablets should be inserted deep into the vagina while lying on your back. The drug according to the instructions must be entered 10 minutes before sexual intercourse. When using Pharmatex in the form of tablets, it should be borne in mind that the duration of its action is three hours. New pill Pharmatex should be introduced before each sexual intercourse.
Vaginal capsules and Pharmatex suppositories are used in the same way as tablets. Duration of action - four hours.
Pharmatex vaginal tampons are injected until contact with the cervix. The protective effect of the use of Farmatex tampons occurs immediately and lasts throughout the day, regardless of the number of sexual acts. After the last sexual intercourse, you can remove a tampon from the vagina two hours later, but no later than one day after the injection.
Pharmatex cream is administered using a dispenser mounted on the end of the tube. After its full filling (up to the stop of the piston or to the annular mark), the cream is introduced before intercourse, pressing slowly on the piston. The protective effect of Pharmatex for a period of ten hours begins immediately after administration. The procedure is repeated before each new sexual intercourse.
Frequency of use of Pharmatex according to the instructions is limited to the individual tolerance of the active component. Perhaps the use of this contraceptive during pregnancy and lactation.
Data overdose Farmateksom missing.
Application Pharmatex possible simultaneously with the IUD or vaginal diaphragm.
The effectiveness of contraception provided by Pharmatex is associated with strict adherence to the rules for its use, the following instructions should be followed:
- Apply Pharmatex (pill, cream, suppository, capsule) should be before each sexual intercourse,
- To enter the drug in any of the dosage forms as far as possible into the vagina (preferably in the supine position),
- You should wait for the suppository to dissolve (5 minutes), capsules or tablets (10 minutes) to completely release the active substance,
- External toilet genitals after intercourse can only be done with clean water. Do not use soap for two hours before intercourse and for at least two hours after it, because even residual quantities of soap can destroy the active ingredient Pharmatex,
- With the drug introduced into the vagina in any dosage form, you can not take a bath, as well as swim in the pool, sea or reservoirs.
Since any drug topically inserted into the vagina can reduce or even completely inactivate the spermicidal action of Pharmatex, the drug should not be used with other drugs used vaginally.
In addition, when applying Pharmatex, it should be borne in mind that its properties are destroyed under the influence of soap and even its traces.
Description of the dosage form, composition
The drug Pharmatex is available in several dosage forms. Vaginal tablets have a round shape with a hole inside, candles (suppositories) - a cylindrical shape with a cone-shaped narrowing, white color and a smooth surface. The main active ingredient is benzoalkonium chloride, its content in one tablet or suppository is 20 mg. Also, Pharmatex tablets contain excipients - magnesium stearate, sodium bicarbonate, silica hydrate, macrogol 6000, microcrystalline cellulose, anhydrous citric acid, lactose, sodium bicarbonate. As additional compounds in the composition of candles, Pharmatex contains solid fat, hyprollosis.
Pharmatex tablets are packaged in a polypropylene tube in the amount of 12 pieces, vaginal suppositories in a blister of 5 pieces. The carton pack contains one tube with pills, one or two blisters with suppositories, as well as instructions for using the drug.
The main active component of tablets or suppositories Pharmatex benzoalkonium chloride has antiseptic and spermicidal action. It leads to the death of sperm and some pathogenic (pathogenic) and conditionally pathogenic microorganisms, including pathogens of infectious diseases with predominantly sexual transmission. The destruction of spermatozoa occurs in 2 stages, first the flagellum collapses, and then the head, which negates the possibility of fertilizing the egg. After intravaginal administration of a suppository or tablet, the active component accumulates in the cavity of the vagina, where it has a therapeutic effect. It is practically not absorbed into the systemic circulation.
Indications for use
The drug Pharmatex is used for local contraception in women of reproductive age, especially in cases where it is impossible to use other methods:
- Necessity of not permanent, but episodic prevention of unwanted pregnancy.
- The period that precedes menopause (extinction of the functional activity of the reproductive system).
- The period immediately after childbirth, as well as breastfeeding (lactation).
- After artificial termination of pregnancy.
- The presence of a woman's medical (temporary or permanent) contraindications for the use of oral contraceptives.
- The need for temporary additional contraception in case of missing a dose of oral contraceptive.
Also, the drug is used as an additional method of contraception during the placement of the intrauterine device.
Features of use
Before you start using the drug Farmatex, it is important to carefully read the instructions for it. Attention should be paid to several special recommendations, the implementation of which affects the achievement of the necessary contraception:
- To enter the selected dosage form of the drug (vaginal tablet or suppository) should be as deep as possible into the cavity of the vagina, preferably in the supine position.
- In order for the active substance to be completely released before having sex you should wait 10 minutes if you use a vaginal tablet or 5 minutes when using a suppository.
- Before each repeated sexual intercourse, even if less than 3 hours have passed, it is necessary to introduce a new vaginal tablet or capsule.
- The use of soap for the toilet of the external genital organs is excluded 2 hours before the use of the drug and within 2 hours after sexual intercourse, as it destroys benzoalconium.
- After intercourse, the toilet of the external genital organs is allowed with clean water or a special solution of Pharmatex containing benzoalconium. Irrigation of the vagina with this solution can be carried out 2 hours after intercourse.
- After the introduction of the drug Pharmatex in the vagina is not recommended bathing in the bathroom, pool, reservoirs, as this may lead to a decrease in the severity of contraceptive action.
- In the case of the development of inflammatory diseases of the reproductive system of a woman, the use of the drug should be stopped.
- Before resuming the use of capsules or Pharmatex suppositories, wait until the end of treatment of the inflammatory pathology of the reproductive system organs of a woman.
- The drug is a contraceptive, so it is not used during pregnancy.
- Not recommended simultaneous use of the drug with drugs that are administered intravaginally.
- The active component of the drug has no effect on the functional activity of the nervous system.
In the pharmacy network, vaginal tablets or Pharmatex suppositories are available without a prescription. If you are in doubt about the proper use of the drug, it is recommended to consult a medical professional.
Similarities and differences between capsules and tablets Pharmatex
Vaginal birth control pills and capsules of Pharmatex have a similar composition and mechanism of action. However, between them there is a significant difference.
The composition of both pharmacological forms contains benzalkonium chloride, while its mass fraction is different:
- in capsules it is contained in the form of an aqueous 50% solution in the amount of 37.8 mg, which corresponds to its net amount of 18.9 mg,
- in tablets its content is 20 mg.
Contraceptive vaginal capsules are a soft translucent oval gelatin form with an emulsion inside. Tablets are available in white with a hole.
Capsules are enclosed in blisters of 6 pieces. One carton pack contains 1 or 2 blisters.
The tablets are in a polypropylene tube in the amount of 12 pieces, enclosed in a carton.
The use of tablets and capsules Pharmatex: brief instructions
Instructions for use of the drug Farmateks depends on the form entered into the vagina.
Contraceptive vaginal tablets and capsules are administered as follows:
- a woman lies on her back,
- Pharmatex is inserted into the vagina to the cervix,
- the time to intercourse waits 10 minutes or more,
- the action of the tablet is designed for 3 hours, the effect of the capsule is 4 hours,
- Each new sexual intercourse is accompanied by the repeated injection of the drug into the vagina.
Use during pregnancy and lactation
Pharmatex refers to the contraceptive drug, therefore its use when pregnancy occurs is prohibited.
If conception has occurred on the background of the use of Pharmatex tablets or capsules, the drug has no effect on the fetus. Preservation of pregnancy in this case is not contraindicated.
The drug is a local contraceptive that does not penetrate into the blood and breast milk. Lactating women can use Pharmatex as an effective contraceptive.
Instructions for use Pharmatex indicates the possibility of side effects of a local nature. In women, this can manifest itself in the form of:
- itching in the vagina
- burning sensations
- increased urination or pain.
Men may experience the same allergic manifestations on the penis.
In order to get rid of side effects, the drug must be washed off with plenty of running water.
What is better to choose?
The choice of the form of the contraceptive drug Farmatex depends on the age of the woman, the physiological features of the vagina and the presence of births in history.
Vaginal tablets are better for choosing young women. This is due to a sufficient release of vaginal lubrication during sexual arousal. The introduction of the pill is easy.
At the same time, there is a uniform dissolution and distribution of benzalkonium chloride, which ensures maximum contraceptive efficacy, which occurs 10 to 15 minutes from the moment of administration.
Vaginal capsules are a local form of contraceptive with an average degree of moisture. Their use is justified in women of various categories: both with the normal release of vaginal lubrication, and with its lack of a moderate degree.
The gel capsule dissolves and melts more slowly than suppositories, but faster than tablets. Contraceptive activity occurs 8 to 10 minutes after administration.
Contraceptive vaginal tablets and capsules are popular with a wide range of women. Positive feedback on Farmatex related to:
- simplicity and ease of administration,
- the rapid onset of the contraceptive effect,
- the possibility of choosing the form of the drug for insertion into the vagina,
- the possibility of protection from pregnancy after childbirth and lactation.
Negative reviews are associated with low compared with other contraceptive risks of conception, as well as the need for repeated injections during the following sexual acts.
Reviews of doctors prove that Pharmatex, if used correctly, has a high contraceptive effectiveness and can be used in women of any age until its release into menopause.
Advantages and disadvantages
The need to use a new dose of the drug before each sexual intercourse gives a lot of inconvenience, as well as psychological discomfort. Many girls refuse Pharmatex because they experience psychological discomfort and cannot fully relax during intimacy, worrying that the pill is not deep enough or that there is not enough time for the drug to work.
In addition, the disadvantages of the ladies include:
the need to comply with security measures even two hours before intimacy, a ban on the use of soap,
- the use of tablets can cause a feeling of dryness, especially if there are problems with natural moisture (lubrication),
- limiting the opportunity to visit the pool, take a bath, the inability to use the drug during a vacation at sea, where bathing in water takes a lot of time,
- lack of 100% protection against pregnancy,
- if the pregnancy has nevertheless occurred, and it is not known to the woman about it, it is very risky to continue using the remedy, since it adversely affects the development of the fetus.
Most often, doctors recommend aborting a pregnancy during which a woman used Farmatex, since it is highly likely that a child will be born with serious developmental disabilities.
Advantages of Pharmatex:
does not affect the hormones,
- does not violate the vaginal microflora,
- protects against infections, has a pronounced anti-inflammatory effect,
- can be used after childbirth, during breastfeeding, after abortion, before menopause.
Dosage and method of use of the drug.
Vaginal capsules. Lying on his back, the capsule is inserted deep into the vagina no later than 10 minutes before sexual intercourse. The duration of the drug - 4 hours. Be sure to introduce a new capsule before each repeated sexual intercourse. 1 capsule is designed for one intercourse.
Vaginal tablets. Lying on his back, the pill is inserted deep into the vagina no later than 10 minutes before sexual intercourse. The duration of the drug - 3 hours. Be sure to introduce a new pill before each repeated sexual intercourse. 1 tablet is designed for one intercourse.
Vaginal suppositories. Lying on his back, the suppository is inserted deep into the vagina no later than 5 minutes before sexual intercourse. The duration of the drug - 4 hours. Be sure to introduce a new suppository before each repeated sexual intercourse. 1 suppository for one sexual intercourse.
Before the introduction of vaginal cream should install a dispenser at the end of the tube. Fill it completely (until the annular mark or until the piston stops) so that air bubbles do not form. Disconnect the metering device from the tube. Before intercourse, insert the cream deep into the vagina using a dosing device, slowly pressing on the plunger. Remove the dosing device. The introduction is easier to produce lying down. Protective action begins immediately and lasts at least 10 hours. Be sure to introduce a new portion of the cream before each repeated sexual intercourse. 1 serving of cream is designed for one sexual intercourse.
The frequency of use of the drug is limited to the individual tolerance of the active substance and the frequency of sexual acts.
It is possible to use Pharmatex together with the vaginal diaphragm or IUD.
Use during pregnancy and lactation.
No harmful effects associated with the use of the drug during pregnancy were found. Examination of the teratogenic properties of the final product gave negative results, as well as an examination of the teratogenic properties of the active substance itself. In addition, studies have shown that benzalkonium chloride is not absorbed into the blood.
Since the absence of penetration of the active substance into the blood and breast milk has been proven, the use of this spermicide during lactation does not pose any danger.
Special instructions for use Pharmatex.
Эффективность контрацепции связана исключительно со строгим соблюдением правил его использования:
— применять систематически перед каждым половым актом,
— вводить капсулу (таблетку, суппозиторий, крем) так, чтобы выбранная лекарственная форма как можно глубже проникла во влагалище, предпочтительно в положении лежа,
- wait until the capsule or tablet is completely dissolved in the vagina for at least 10 minutes, for the suppository for at least 5 minutes so that the active substance is completely released,
- it is necessary to introduce a new capsule (pill, dose of cream, suppository) before each repeated sexual intercourse,
- It is prohibited to use soap for the toilet of the genital organs 2 hours before sexual intercourse and for 2 hours after intercourse, since soap, even in residues, destroys the active ingredient Pharmatex,
- Immediately after intercourse, only external toilet of the genital organs is possible only with clean water or with the help of the Foamingx non-soap foaming agent, which contains benzalkonium chloride. Before doing vaginal irrigation, you should wait for 2 h after intercourse,
- with Pharmatex, introduced into the vagina, you can not take a bath, swim in the sea, pool and reservoirs because of the danger of reducing the subsequent contraceptive action,
- since Farmatex contains benzalkonium chloride, it is necessary to interrupt its use in case of any diseases of the vagina or their exacerbation,
- if it becomes necessary to treat vaginal diseases and / or administer any other drug vaginally, you must wait until the end of treatment before resuming (starting) contraception with Pharmatex.
Pharmatex interaction with other drugs.
Not recommended simultaneous use with drugs used vaginally. Any drug introduced into the vagina can inactivate the local spermicidal action of Pharmatex.
Pharmax disintegrates with soap. Do not irrigate the vagina before and after sexual contact, because soap, even traces of it, destroys the active ingredient.
The instructions of Pharmatex report minimal side effects, but according to the girls who have experienced this remedy on themselves, the body's reaction may be more harsh and will not be limited to burning and itching.
Since my childhood my kidneys do not work very well, so I always pay attention to the properties of absorbability and the method of removing drugs. I carefully studied the manual for “Pharmatex”, looked for materials on benzalkonium chloride on medical resources and found nothing dangerous. And because she ventured to buy and try.
Candles introduced according to the instructions, soap, lubricant and others did not use. A few hours later, there was a pulling sensation in the abdomen. Then I felt like shake and freeze. At night, the temperature rose to 38 degrees.
In the morning, the sensations of aches in the bones were added, the temperature was not lost.
On the third day, the temperature and aches disappeared, but the kidneys clearly signaled that I had serious problems: a wild pain started that made me feel like climbing onto the wall, and no painkillers save.
The next day, the pain was gone, but there was a yellow-green discharge. And if someone tells me that this is normal, I will not believe.
For myself, I made the following conclusion: the manufacturer either did not conduct mass studies on the subject of side effects and systemic effects on the body, or decided not to include information about this in the instructions. The drug clearly enters the blood through the mucous membranes, part of the means is excreted through the kidneys, and not only with natural secretions or during washing with water. Women with kidney problems should stay away from him.
Even in the absence of serious kidney disease, Farmatex can cause severe allergic reactions and extremely painful sensations.
I cannot drink hormones, neither age nor vessels allow me. I read eulogies about Farmatex cream and took a chance. On the first evening everything was fine, no problems, my husband was very pleased. But in the morning I woke up a different person. Inside it began to burn and pinch, as if millions of needles had been placed inside. Went to the toilet with tears and clenched teeth, so as not to scream. The pain is unbearable, and it is easier to give birth. I have two children, I have experience to compare.
Ran in the middle of the day to the doctor. She only took tests and, until the results are ready, advised me to douche with chamomile and appointed anti-inflammatory candles. There was no sense of chamomile, but candles helped.
Three days later it turned out that there were no infections, just a strong allergy. And the cream got into the urethra and caused irritation there, so these feelings.
Do not, however, be afraid of a large number of negative reviews. Many women have had a positive experience of using Pharmatex for several years and report that this drug has helped them get rid of many worries. For example, some say that with frequent use of Pharmatex, they were no longer disturbed by the thrush.
Of course, you should not self-medicate and buy Farmax only in order to get rid of diseases. It is necessary to consult with a doctor before buying a new, not previously tested means.
Instructions for use Pharmatex
Pharmaceutical drug Pharmatex is a combined contraceptive medicine for local (gel, cream, suppositories) or systemic use. The pharmaceutical product has both spermicidal and antiseptic effects. The drug is used for various infectious diseases (vaginitis, candidiasis, herpes or gonorrhea) and in order to prevent fertilization.
Composition and release form
The drug is available in the form of vaginal tablets, capsules, creams and tampons. Familiarize with features of structure of different forms of release of a preparation:
Drug release form
benzalkonium chloride - 20.0 mg.
sodium bicarbonate - 23.9 mg,
dehydrated citric acid - 15.3 mg,
silicon dioxide hydrate - 50.3 mg,
magnesium stearate - 120 mg,
lactose - 500 mg.
benzalkonium chloride - 17.8 mg.
hydroxypropylcellulose - 210 mg, semisynthetic glycerides - 52.3 mg, sodium chloride - 24 mg.
benzalkonium chloride - 1.2 g
citric acid - 80 mg,
macrogol 300 and 1500 - 124 mg,
ethylene glycol stearate - 43.7 mg,
lavender essence - 20 mg.
benzalkonium chloride - 15.3 mg.
hydroxypropylcellulose - 100 mg,
colloidal silicon dioxide - 87.2 mg,
macrogol 400 - 312 mg,
glycerin - 120 mg.
Dosing and Administration
A means for contraception Pharmatex will be applied topically or orally, depending on the form of release of the drug. Before use and after using the drug should take a shower and thoroughly wash to prevent the negative impact of funds on the microflora of the vaginal mucosa, the occurrence of irritation and itching. Remember that a spermicidal contraceptive does not protect against sexually transmitted diseases. The medicine must be prescribed by the attending physician.
It is recommended to introduce a vaginal candle in the supine position. The suppository must be inserted deep into the vagina no later than 5-7 minutes before sexual intercourse. The duration of the drug is about 3-4 hours. Before each subsequent sexual contact, it is necessary to introduce a new suppository, otherwise, the reliability of the contraceptive is significantly reduced.
Before using the vaginal cream, you need to install a special dispenser at the end of the tube, then completely fill it so that air bubbles do not form. Disconnect the metering device from the tube. Introduce the cream 7-10 minutes before intercourse deep into the vagina. It is recommended to inject spermicidal cream in the prone position. The protective effect of the drug lasts 10 hours.
In the supine position, the spermicidal capsule is inserted deep into the vagina no later than 10-15 minutes before sexual intercourse. The duration of the contraceptive is not less than 4 hours. It is necessary to introduce a new capsule before each repeated sexual intercourse. Due to the oily texture of the drug, it is not recommended to use capsules simultaneously with a condom.
Before use, the tablet must be moistened with warm water for 20-30 seconds. Then the drug should be inserted into the vagina at least 20-30 minutes before sexual intercourse. The drug retains its activity for 3 hours or until sperm reaches the vagina. With each subsequent intercourse requires the introduction of a new dose of the drug.
Before the introduction of the spermicidal swab, you must remove it from the protective packaging. For proper insertion, place the middle finger in the center of a flat surface. Spreading the labia of the vulva, it is necessary to insert a tampon deep into the vagina, before contact with the cervix. The protective effect of the drug occurs after 5 minutes and lasts for a day. During the period of application, the tampon should not be removed, washing can be carried out with warm water without soap.
Terms of sale and storage
Pharmamatex medication should be stored in a cool dark place, reliably protected from direct solar people, which is inaccessible to small children and pets. Pharmacological drug is subject to free sale, dispensed from pharmacies without a doctor's prescription.
In the presence of absolute or relative contraindications to the use of drugs, prescribe medications, similar in composition and action. The following analogues of Pharmatex are distinguished:
- Benatex. Vaginal suppositories with spermicidal action. Provide additional antiseptic and antifungal effects. The main active ingredient of the drug is benzalkonium chloride.
- Spermatex. Spermicidal contraceptive of local action, is available in the form of vaginal suppositories. The active ingredient of the drug is benzalkonium chloride. Contraindications to the use of spermatex are the period of pregnancy and lactation, as well as individual intolerance to the components of the drug.
- Erotex. Contraceptive preparation for local use, is available in the form of vaginal suppositories and cream. It has an antimicrobial effect, is widely used to treat bacterial vaginitis and candidiasis. It has a spermicidal effect and affects the thickening of cervical mucus, prevents sperm from entering the uterus.
The cost of the drug Pharmatex depends on the form of release of the drug, the quality of purification of the active component, auxiliary substances. The price can be set by the manufacturer. The drug is available to order in online pharmacies where you can pre-read the reviews. Check out the approximate price of the medication: