Rash - a problem not only teenagers, but also adult women. Most often, the face is covered with acne before menstruation. They appear in almost all representatives of the fair sex, but in different quantities. This is due to strong hormonal jumps. Often, the leaked acne disappears on its own after a few days.
All causes of acne
Acne appears during menstruation, in front of them or immediately after their completion. The reason for this phenomenon lies in hormonal changes. The cycle in women most often is about four weeks, and the maximum estrogen level is observed on the fourteenth day after the end of menstruation. During this period, the activity of the sebaceous glands is normalized, so the acne rash becomes less.
With a decrease in the amount of estrogen, progesterone is actively being produced. This hormone stimulates the activity of the sebaceous glands. Increased oily skin causes acne.
Active testosterone production begins, and acne after menstruation and before them appears on the basis of this. This hormone provokes mood swings characteristic of premenstrual syndrome.
Often the rash associated with the appearance of menstruation, due to stress. In this case, the adrenal glands exhibit maximum activity and produce androgens more than normal. These hormones are designed to stimulate the hair follicles and sebaceous glands. As a result of increased concentration of androgens - blockage of pores and subcutaneous acne before menstrual secretions.
Rashes can occur for other reasons. Diseases of internal organs, weakening of immunity, improper organization of the diet - all these factors can lead to the active action of the sebaceous glands and the appearance of acne.
For more information about other signs of the onset of menstruation, you can read in a separate article on our website.
Why do acne appear due to menstruation?
Determining the causes of acne before menstruation, you need to understand that this is an anatomical feature of the female body. There are a number of additional factors that contribute to the appearance of acne:
- hormonal medications,
- exposure to stress
- pathology of the gastrointestinal tract,
- adverse climatic conditions
- use of low-quality cosmetics
- squeezing acne.
The emergence of a large number of acne can be triggered by various factors. They are present daily, but eels are poured just before menstruation.
This is due to hormonal alterations, abnormal levels of progesterone and estrogen. Against the background of such changes in the body begins the activity of the sebaceous glands - and therefore acne can appear on the face.
How to get rid of acne before menstruation
Before you begin to fight acne, you need to consult with your doctor. After conducting a series of laboratory tests, a specialist will be able to choose an adequate course of therapy and normalize hormonal levels. Only in this way will it be possible to ensure that a woman gets rid of acne during menstruation.
It is possible to get rid of acne in various ways. They give the maximum effect in the complex. When a rash appears, first of all you need to go to the gynecologist, endocrinologist and dermatologist. to conduct a full survey and identify the causes of this problem. If necessary, the doctor prescribes medication. In the vast majority of cases, hormonal preparations and oral contraceptives are used.
It is worth noting that the rash usually appears a week before menstruation. During this period, it is recommended to use antiseptic agents for cleaning the face. It will not be superfluous to take vitamins and minerals that have a beneficial effect on the condition of the skin.
A considerable number of plants contain such compounds useful for the epithelium as vitamins, enzymes and phytohormones. Flavonoids and estrogens are of particular importance to the skin. They are powerful antioxidants that help preserve beauty and youth.
Estrogen-rich cereals and legumes, as well as citrus fruits and various herbs. When applied externally, it is possible to prevent acne and significantly improve the condition of the epithelium.
There are various ways to treat acne with the help of plants. Effective in the fight against acne are masks based on lemon juice, green tea, oil and sea buckthorn pulp. Pineapple and parsley have a regenerating property.
Prevents acne and reduces inflammation of carrot juice. In addition, with its help is normalized sebaceous glands.
In the process of treating acne that occurs during menstruation, the following traditional methods are used:
- applying a weak solution based on alcohol directly on the rash,
- point treatment rash using salicylic ointment or tsindol. These remedies eliminate inflammation, have antibacterial and drying effects,
- moxibustion of acne with iodine,
- drawing on acne tincture of calendula. This method is used and a solution of boric acid,
- washing with tar soap. The method is allowed to use only on fat epithelium,
- applying lemon juice based lotions mixed with water in the same proportions.
Clean face tricks
Get rid of acne before menstruation succeed with the following recommendations:
- Adjusting the diet for menstruation. It is necessary to exclude fried, salty, sharp, sweet, smoked and flour products from the menu. Preference is better to give greens, fruits and vegetables. Metabolic processes can be activated with fermented milk products.
- Strengthening the immune system. You can restore the protective functions of the body with the help of vitamin complexes, sports, regular hiking and outdoor activities. Thanks to such simple actions, well-being will improve - and the risk of a rash will decrease.
- Careful care of the skin. It is necessary with particular attention to choose a cleanser, taking into account the type of skin. With it, you can remove excess fat from the epithelium, clean the pores and prevent the appearance of a rash. A mask for acne, which should be done regularly to achieve the desired result.
With the observance of such simple rules it will be possible not only to eliminate the defects of the skin, but also to strengthen the body. Due to this, before the monthly acne will no longer appear.
Why it is undesirable to squeeze acne
Appear after menstrual acne in any case can not squeeze out. First of all, this is due to the fact that with such manipulations the skin in the area of eel is damaged, and the presence of inflamed elements attracts even more attention.
In the process of extrusion, it is not always possible to extract the root, and painful boils and acne appear on the site of a small eel. In addition, when performing such barbaric actions there is a risk of infection. The process of formation of new acne will begin to proceed more intense and painful.
In this regard, you should not resort to extrusion. There are many effective tools that can fix this problem. Yes, and the skin will recover faster. After a few days, the eel will not remain in place.
The appearance of acne before menstruation is a normal physiological process. Almost all women, regardless of age, have acne on their face during this period. Nevertheless, it is possible and necessary to deal with the problem. With proper care of the epithelium and the restoration of the protective functions of the body, the probability of a rash is reduced.
The main thing is not to resort to self-treatment. It is imperative to be examined and identify the cause of acne.
Acne is considered to be one of the forerunners of the beginning regul. Learn about the rest of the signs and symptoms that appear a few days before the menstruation.
Why do acne appear on my face before menstruation?
First of all, here it is necessary to take into account the biological change of the cycle, which leads to the occurrence of acne on the skin. Before menstruation, women experience various hormonal changes, this is due to the appearance of acne and inflamed acne. As soon as the time of critical days ends, acne disappears.
The menstrual cycle consists of four phases, during which there is a high fluctuation in the concentration of hormones in the blood:
- The follicular phase is characterized by a strong synthesis of estrogen. At this time, the hormone has a positive effect on the skin. When inflammation of acne, doctors prescribe medications containing this hormone, which suppresses the sebaceous glands and moisturizes the skin.
- Ovulatory phase. At this time, the concentration of estrogen decreases and the production of progesterone increases, which causes inflammation in the form of acne.
- Lutein and desquamation are phases that occur without interruption of hormones.
The period of occurrence of inflammation in the form of a rash on the skin of each woman is different. Some can deal with this problem for two weeks before the onset of menstruation, others notice minor eruptions in only 2-3 days. In any case, you need to contact the doctors who will conduct the survey, and prescribe the necessary medications.
How to prevent acne before menstruation?
Everyone should clearly understand that any inflammation, acne on the skin is much easier to prevent than to cure, which means that by observing certain preventive measures, you can always achieve the desired result:
- You need to start with in order to change the diet, it is desirable to get rid of the use of spicy, sweet, salty foods, bakery products. It is required to add sour-milk products to the menu - it is able to optimize metabolism, and this leads to the fact that fatty tissue does not stagnate and does not cause acne.
- Do not forget about regular physical exercise. Every day you need to do exercises, actively engage in sports, eat fresh fruits and vegetables. As soon as the cold period comes, take a complex of vitamins. This will avoid the formation of acne on the skin before menstruation, but in general, improve the condition.
- Cosmetics, should be selected correctly. As a rule, they will allow deep cleansing of the skin - clay masks, on which it is desirable to pay attention. Remember, as for the cleaning procedures, it is advisable to perform them regularly - once a week. Wash with plain water 2 times a day.
- If you have a skin type that is prone to acne, then before menstruation, you can use the drug - salicylic acid. Acid is known for effectively cleans the skin, eliminating harmful bacteria. Appeared acne skin is preferably smeared with iodine.
- Trying to avoid stressful situations, they begin to undermine health and lead to acne.
Caution: You should be aware that it is strictly forbidden to touch acne and inflammation in the form of a skin rash with your hands. It is desirable for a certain period of time to abandon the use of space tools, tanning, as all these procedures are associated with a negative effect on the skin and can cause bacteria.
Those methods about which it was told, as a rule, actually always help. But wanting to evaluate the effect, you should be patient and time, as this will happen not in the period of the next cycle, but only after one cycle. All this is easy to explain, because the body takes time to adapt to radical changes, and this should be taken into account.
But often women do not want to expect this, thereby deciding to take radical measures, the use of drugs - oral contraceptives. Such drugs interfere with pregnancy, but also affect the work of hormones and cause acne on the skin.
How to help with acne on the skin before menstruation?
Many of the weaker sex, do not face such a problem as the appearance of pimples on the skin before menstruation. The reason is associated with proper skin care, good nutrition.
Try to comply with preventive measures that will get rid of hormonal changes, inflammation and acne on the skin before menstruation. It will be necessary to take measures to strengthen the immune system - a radical revision of the diet (a balanced diet, eating healthy foods), avoiding stressful situations, taking medications prescribed by a doctor.
To strengthen the immune system, you need to adhere to the rules of a healthy lifestyle - temper, drink vitamins, herbal preparations, which are suitable for solving acne problems on the skin.
If these recommendations do not help, then you should seek help from an endocrinologist, a specialist will answer the questions of interest, write out medications, then you can find out the reason why during the “critical days” you encounter acne and an inflamed rash on the skin.
After the examination, the doctor will prescribe the right treatment for you, and then you can realize your ideas, enjoying clean and smooth skin.
Dietary recommendations for the prevention of acne before menstruation
Many girls do not want to deny themselves the use of unhealthy foods, and in fact they are sometimes associated with the appearance of acne on the skin. It is necessary to follow good advice, to diversify the diet with fruits and vegetables every day.
- It is required to abandon the sharp, salty and fatty. This does not mean that you need to give up meat at all, but do not fry it, but bake it, but generally it is good to eat boiled meat, which you need to know about.
- It is worth considering that harmful is considered - chocolate, so if you are a sweet tooth, then at least limit its use for a while, because it is done for your own good. It is best to replace chocolate with dates, other dried fruits, which are really useful.
- Do not forget that the diet can be varied, for this use high-quality dairy products that allow you to optimize the metabolism. Starting to use them, you can see how your skin becomes not only beautiful, but clean, there are no certain rashes.
What you need to know about strengthening immunity?
- It is worth noting that in order to avoid acne and rashes on the face, you must strengthen the immune system, which means that you need to walk more in the fresh air, if possible, go to the city, which is the best and optimal solution to the problem.
- It is important to add that experts advise to perform not only morning but also evening jogs, which are useful, especially in autumn and spring.
When acne before menstruation has already appeared, what to do?
But if you didn’t observe any preventive measures before, and everyone faced the appearance of bacteria, acne on the face of the face before the menstrual period, now there comes a time when you need to get rid of them, following the useful recommendations aimed at solving the problem. These include:
- It is always possible to carry out such a simple manipulation, as a point burning of acne with iodine, as the most effective option.
- Use of tar soap.
- The use of boric acid, tincture of calendula, propolis.
- Use salve ointment.
- Wipe face with tea tree oil.
If you started to notice that acne during menstruation looks aggressive and there is a rash, then you will need to apply syntomycin ointment, combining it with salicylic.
You can not squeeze acne, because you can bring bacteria, and instead of one tiny inflammation get a lot of problems. At a time when the pimple disappears, you can find an ugly scar in its place, moreover, there is a risk that the pimple root will remain inside.