Toxicosis is a condition that accompanies pregnancy, which is characterized by nausea, vomiting, and a number of other unpleasant symptoms. The mechanism of development of toxicosis is associated with the poisoning of the body with various harmful substances that are released during the development of the fetus. Toxicosis occurs in every second pregnant woman. If it is absent, it means that the body quickly rebuilt and adapted to the new state.
Symptoms of toxicosis
Symptoms of toxicosis occur until toxicosis ends. In addition to vomiting and nausea, a woman can be bothered by:
- fast fatiguability,
- state of depression,
- loss of appetite
- change in taste,
- weight loss.
There are also several degrees of toxicosis:
- Light - slight weight loss, bouts of vomiting up to several times.
- Medium - vomiting up to 10 times a day, weight loss, lowering blood pressure.
- Severe - urge to vomit more than 20 times, weight loss up to 10 kg, high temperature, rapid pulse.
To establish until the end the exact reason for which develop toxicosis, doctors have not yet succeeded. There is a theory that this condition is due to the fact that nature conceived so as to protect the baby from the effects of harmful products, so the smell and even the appearance of certain foods cause a woman to reject.
Restructuring hormonal background. After fertilization of the egg, the body undergoes global changes. The composition of hormones is changing, and this affects the overall well-being of the expectant mother. The woman's emotional background changes, she becomes more sensitive and irritable, her sense of smell becomes sharper and her taste sensations change. For example, a favorite dish can cause real disgust.
Placenta formation. The placenta performs a protective function, it protects the fetus from the effects of various harmful factors, but until it forms to the end, the body protects itself against possible poisoning, and as a result nausea and vomiting appear.
Defensive reaction. Rejection of certain products by a pregnant woman is a protection mechanism. Very often, such a reaction is caused by meat, eggs, fish, coffee, alcoholic beverages, cigarette smoke.
Chronic diseases. Untreated infectious diseases are fraught with a weakening of the immune system, which can also cause the development of toxicosis. In order to avoid a serious condition, you need to start using the necessary vitamins while planning a pregnancy, as well as undergo a full diagnosis to identify pathologies and treatment.
Psychological factor. The intensity of toxicosis may increase against changes in the emotional sphere. The nervous system at this time undergoes cardinal changes, and also activates the centers of the brain, which are responsible for the functioning of the digestive system. Stress, sleep disturbance, feeling of depression, all this leads to nausea and vomiting. Also, doctors say that it is for this reason that late toxicosis develops in the case of an unplanned pregnancy. In addition, a placebo effect takes place here, when a woman negatively adjusts herself in advance.
Age factor Late pregnancy (after 30 years) is considered the most dangerous, especially if the woman has not given birth before or has resorted to abortion many times. In this case, toxicosis can be complicated. Experts say that the smaller the age of the future mother, the easier she transfers this condition.
Heredity. It is believed that there is a predisposition, which is transmitted at the gene level. The likelihood that pregnancy will proceed with toxicosis increases by 70% if there are women in the family who also suffer from it.
Multiple pregnancy. Carrying out immediately two or three kids is very difficult, so toxicosis will be much harder.
When does toxicosis begin and end?
Early toxicosis can begin at 5th or 6th week of pregnancy, and ends by 13-14 weeks, but may end earlier, it will depend on the individual characteristics of the organism.
The clinical picture of late toxicosis appears on the very last trimester (starting at 26 weeks) or in the middle of the second trimester (18-20 weeks). This scenario is most dangerous for both the woman and the baby.
Accurately answer the question: “When will toxicosis end?” Is impossible, because in each case everything is individual. For example, one woman suffers toxemia almost painlessly, and the other is forced to undergo inpatient treatment to alleviate a serious condition and be constantly under medical supervision. The same goes for duration. In most cases, it ends completely at the 14th week of pregnancy.
Symptoms of toxicosis will be present until such time as the placenta, which serves as protection for the fetus, is not fully formed. This process ends just at 12-14 weeks. If toxicosis resumes in the third trimester, this condition is called preeclampsia.
Sometimes the first and second trimesters of pregnancy are completely calm, and only in the third trimester does toxicosis appear, which in this case is much more dangerous. If you find signs of late toxicosis, an urgent need to consult a specialist.
Treatment of toxicosis in the hospital during the first half of pregnancy
If the toxicosis is severe in the first half of pregnancy, special therapy is required, which is carried out in the hospital.
Drug treatment implies an infusion therapy with a solution of glucose, hepatoprotectors: Hofitol, Essentiale and antiemetics: Reglan. The use of vitamin complexes and the use of sedatives based on motherwort and valerian tincture are also prescribed.
If the condition of the pregnant woman does not improve and there is a danger of the development of multiple organ failure, an abortion is indicated.
An effective method for toxicosis is immunocytotherapy. The procedure is an injection into the skin of the forearm of the lymphocytes of the future papa. Before applying this method, a man must undergo a comprehensive examination to identify infections such as hepatitis and HIV. After immunocytoherapy, the condition of the woman improves significantly in the first 24 hours.
Homeopathic methods. Such therapy has recently become increasingly popular due to its safety. It involves taking medications based on natural components of plant origin: Kaustikum, Carbo Vegetabilis, Kokkulin, Ignatius, Sepia, Symphoricarpus. Such drugs do not cause any side effects and do not harm the body of the mother and child. In addition, the drugs are taken in the minimum dosage.
Very often, pregnant women can come to the aid of recipes of traditional medicine, which have been used since the earliest times. Here are a few of them:
- Half a hour before meals, take two tablets of simple activated carbon. It quickly rid the body of harmful toxic substances, however, it can provoke a violation of the GIT. You should not get involved in charcoal intake, because it removes not only toxins, but also vitamins, fats and proteins necessary for the body.
- Drink two glasses of fresh citrus juice a day. Fruits like orange and grapefruit also help cleanse the body of harmful toxins. Very well with lemon nausea. It can be added to tea.
- Drink a decoction of dried apricots and prunes (100 grams of ingredients per liter of water). Sugar in the broth should not be added.
- Prepare the tincture of herbal. To do this, you need the following ingredients: horsetail, bearberry leaves, juniper fruits, knotweed. A tablespoon of the collection pour 200 ml of boiling water and insist 6-7 hours. Dose should be divided into three doses and drink three times a day before meals. This medicine has a strong diuretic effect.
- Cook cranberry juice. 150 g of berries crushed and squeezed juice. Gruel of berries pour water and boil for 20 minutes. Strain the broth, add sugar to taste. Then cool and add lemon juice. Cranberry juice instantly relieves nausea.
- Pumpkin juice will help to cope with vomiting. You can also cook pumpkin broth with the addition of lemon juice.
- It is very useful to dissolve a spoon of honey right after waking up, this procedure will relieve from unpleasant painful sensations.
How to reduce the likelihood of toxicosis
It is impossible to predict the severity of toxicosis, but if you follow certain rules, you can reduce the likelihood of its occurrence or at least alleviate your condition. For this you need:
- at the time of the beginning of pregnancy planning, it is necessary to undergo a comprehensive examination and eliminate all diseases,
- get rid of all bad habits
- stop using strong black tea, coffee, soda, low-quality food containing dyes and preservatives,
- to do sports every day, for example, morning exercises, which will improve the work of the cardiovascular system and normalize metabolism,
- observe the correct sleep pattern, if usually a person needs 7-8 hours of sleep, then it is advisable for a pregnant woman to sleep several hours longer, it will also be good to accustom yourself to rest during the day (one hour will be enough to feel cheerful and energized),
- carry out all necessary procedures to cleanse the body.
Proper nutrition in toxicosis
During toxicosis, you need to limit the use of products that can provoke vomiting. Despite the fact that dairy products, which contain a huge amount of calcium, are useful for the unborn child, it is such food that enhances toxicosis. In addition, it is very harmful for the future mom:
- fatty, spicy, fried foods,
- smoked products
- Black tea,
- sweet carbonated drinks.
It is recommended to use:
- chicken meat and eggs
- a fish,
Since the body during this period, in particular, does not have enough sodium and chlorine, table salt will be useful, but it should not be abused, because it can cause dehydration.
Principles of proper nutrition
We need to remember a few important rules:
- to diversify the menu so that there is no allergy to any particular product,
- be sure to eat every few hours so that the stomach is not empty,
- stay up right after lunch,
- do not eat too hot and cold food,
- you can not combine liquid and dense food together,
- Do not drink food.
Toxicosis is an unpleasant period, which is inevitable for almost every woman in the position. However, if you follow all the rules, you can transfer it much easier. It is very important at this time to use as much fluid as possible, walk in the fresh air, observe sleep patterns and protect yourself from all sorts of stresses.
Toxicosis what is it?
Toxicosis is a fairly common condition of pregnant women, accompanied by nausea and gagging. It occurs due to poisoning by toxins and other harmful substances that form in a pregnant woman during fetal development.
It can also lead to the manifestation of a multitude of symptoms, the most permanent is considered to be disorders of the central nervous system, cardiovascular system and metabolism. As long as toxicosis during pregnancy lasts, so does the manifestation of symptoms.
- The first - the urge to vomiting observed infrequent, up to 5 times. Insignificant weight loss up to 3 kg,
- The second is vomiting up to 10 times and the weight loss can be 3-4 kg over a two-week period, which can lead to a decrease in blood pressure,
- The third - prolonged and frequent bouts of vomiting, reaching up to 25 times a day, there is a significant loss of weight - over 10 kg, the temperature rises and the pulse quickens.
How long does toxicosis appear?
Many women are trying to determine the absence or vice versa presence of pregnancy, and begin to listen to their body, and to every change. Not every woman knows exactly when toxicosis can begin during pregnancy. Doctors set the following time frame:
- Early toxicosis can begin in the first days of the delay or at 5-6 weeks of pregnancy. A toxicosis ends at an early period of 13-14 weeks, but everything can be completed even earlier, each case is individual.
- Manifestations of late toxicosis begin at the very last trimester of pregnancy, and sometimes in the middle of the second trimester, which is much more dangerous for the fetus and mother.
Signs of toxicosis in pregnant women
As soon as the conception of the child occurs, the organism of the future mummy begins to adjust the rhythm of work for two: the mother herself and the baby. From what at first a woman begins to experience discomfort called toxicosis. How to deal with it can be found on the forum, where each mom shares her secret.
First of all, a woman has irritability, increased drooling, loss of appetite, nausea, weakness, drowsiness, changes in taste buds, vomiting and weight loss. Very rarely, with early toxicosis, one can observe the development of dermatosis, asthma, osteomalacia - softening of the bone substance, tetany - spasmodic manifestations of skeletal muscles. Signs of severe toxicosis appear regardless of who awaits mommy: a boy or a girl. Symptoms of toxemia can also be observed during missed abortion, which can be distinguished by the absence of fetal movement and palpitations.
The most dangerous and unpleasant signs of toxemia, both in the first trimester and in the third.
Gag reflex in pregnant women.
Vomiting is one of the most prominent manifestations of toxicosis in late and early pregnancy. Most often vomiting is active for 20 weeks and the earlier it started, the harder it goes. There are several degrees of gag reflex in a pregnant woman:
- Mild nausea and a small amount of vomiting, which is no more than 5 times a day, usually after meals. The condition of a woman without any changes, weight loss is about 3 kg, but no more.
- Emetic urges increase up to 10 times a day, regardless of the meal, and weight loss in 2 weeks can already reach 3 kg and more. The state of health of a pregnant woman is significantly worsening: weakness occurs, the pulse rate increases, and blood pressure decreases.
- There is excessive vomiting, which can go up to 25 times a day. Such a transient process leads to dehydration and a sharp weight loss (over 10 kg.). The temperature rises, an unpleasant smell from the mouth appears, the pulse quickens, the blood pressure goes down and the woman becomes inhibited. In some cases, there may be a violation of the kidneys and with prolonged vomiting, which is already becoming life-threatening for moms, doctors recommend artificial interruption of pregnancy.
This is the most unpleasant manifestation of toxemia in the 13th week of pregnancy, in the form of a diffuse itching of the skin, it can even reach the genitals. This leads to irritability, sleep disturbance and a depressive state.
Dangerous development of tetany and osteomalacia.
Progressive development occurs due to the occurring metabolic disorders of phosphorus and calcium in the body of the future mom. Osteomalacia causes softening of the bone tissue, which threatens with bone fractures. Tetany is dangerous with cramps in the muscles of the upper limbs, very rarely observed in the lower limbs, and on the face.
Why there is no toxicosis
Women are so accustomed to the idea that toxicosis is a normal course of pregnancy, and its absence has caused fear and apprehension. Do not worry, such suspicions are completely unfounded and not dangerous. Quite the contrary - this means that the future mom is completely healthy. If there is no toxicosis, this is normal. The body easily adapted to the new rhythm of work, coping well with the loads, it adapted to the new state without nausea, vomiting and disruption of its general systems.
The advantageous aspects of a “toxic-free” pregnancy are obvious:
- there is no threat of miscarriage, subsequently severe toxicosis,
- timely replenishment of vitamins developing the fetus, which improves its development, without any pathologies,
- great mood and well-being allows you to enjoy the unique state of the body.
Types of toxicosis
- Staphylococcal toxicosis - it is activated by entereotoxigenic strains which, during reproduction, can be released into food products - heat-resistant exotoxin. An urgent medical consultation, examination and further treatment is necessary.
- Evening toxicosis - after an exhausting and stressful day and without eating enough food, the body becomes exhausted and is susceptible to toxicosis. Toxicosis in the evening prevents sleep and rest in peace. Evening walks, freshly made juice or fruit juice from fresh sour berries have a beneficial effect on the body.
- Toxicosis in the first half of pregnancy — это приблизительно период от 1 до 14 недели беременности. Doctors recommend to calmly experience the symptoms of toxemia in the first trimester. In the event that the symptoms are enhanced, then experts can prescribe a safe soft herbal remedies, which will greatly ease the condition of the pregnant woman and reduce intoxication. But it is worth noting that while mom uses the prescribed drugs, she feels great, but when you stop taking these drugs, the signs of toxicosis immediately resume. To reduce toxicosis during pregnancy, you can resort to folk remedies that will be safer for the baby.
- Late toxicosis during pregnancy - in case of normal development of pregnancy, repeated manifestation of toxicosis in the second trimester is excluded. But there are cases when late toxicosis causes bouts of vomiting and nausea, if the symptoms worsen, then a complication called gestosis occurs. It is manifested by swelling, the presence of protein in the urine, high blood pressure and weight gain of up to 400 grams per week. The more toxicosis progresses in late pregnancy, the more difficult and dangerous for the health of a pregnant woman. But mommy, who regularly visits the doctor, will be notified of preeclampsia on time, and hospitalized on time. Treatment is prescribed individually, it all depends on the specific situation and the degree of symptoms.
- Toxicosis to delay - Have you started nausea immediately after conception? This is not a sign that you are already pregnant. Toxicosis can begin 7 to 10 days after the development of the ovum. But not always can manifest nausea and vomiting, on the contrary, many women begin to experience a brutal appetite.
Causes of toxicosis
Why toxicosis occurs during pregnancy is still a mystery and unexplored phenomenon. In absolute accuracy can not say what causes the symptoms of toxemia in the early and late periods.
But the probability of some of the reasons doctors still distinguish:
- Changes in the hormonal system. From the first hours of fertilization of the egg in the uterus, the woman undergoes drastic hormonal changes. The composition of hormones changes dramatically, which is reflected in the behavior and health and well-being of the pregnant woman. Against the background of these changes, she becomes irritable, touchy and whiny, nausea is provoked, the sense of smell is aggravated. In the first months, the embryo for the mother's body is considered an alien body, from which he would like to get rid of, which also affects the future mom's state of health. But when does the toxicosis in pregnant women end? After some time, the level of hormones stabilizes, and the mother's body calmly accepts the embryo, and the fight against toxicosis stops by the second trimester.
- Placental development. The probability of this theory is quite logical. It was found that toxicosis debilitates the female body in the first trimester, up to about 13-14 weeks. The sudden disappearance of toxemia is due to the fact that the placenta is already finishing its formation. And now the performance of many functions goes into its duties, this includes the delay of toxic substances. And while the process of placental development is not completed, the body of a pregnant woman is protected from possible intoxication, vomiting.
- Defensive reaction. Failure of the future mom from many products and late toxicosis during pregnancy is nothing but a natural act of protection. Mommy develops nausea primarily on cigarette smoke, coffee-containing drinks, fish, meat and eggs. They may be hazardous to health due to the pathogens they contain. The gag reflex and nausea protect the fetus and the maternal organism from the entry of substances harmful and dangerous to them, in which case toxicosis in pregnant women is biologically necessary. In addition to toxins and poison contained in food consumed, insulin produced after each meal has a negative impact on the development and growth of the embryo.
- Chronic infections and diseases. Untreated infections and diseases lead to a weakened immunity of the pregnant mom. It can provoke toxemia in the first trimester, and then what to do? It is necessary to connect a full complex of vitamins at the planning stage, and also to turn to a specialist and undergo a full examination. After that, undergo a course of treatment, especially for infections.
- Psychological changes. Strong toxicosis in the 3rd trimester may begin due to the psychological and emotional state of mommy. Nervous experiences, stress, lack of sleep, emotional turmoil and irritability are causes of severe toxicosis, leading to nausea and vomiting. According to doctors, late toxicosis develops in women who become pregnant unexpectedly and unplanned. Moreover, many women preconfigure themselves that all pregnant women have a strong toxemia in the first trimester or late terms. And the principle of self-hypnosis is known to all. According to scientists with the onset of pregnancy, the nervous system undergoes great changes, and the centers of the brain, which are responsible for the work of the olfactory and gastrointestinal tract, are now activated.
- Age criteria. Pregnancy after 30–35 years is considered dangerous, especially if it is the first conception or before that there were multiple abortions. The development of toxicosis can be much stronger and more risky. Experts say that the future mom is younger, the easier it can tolerate the possible symptoms of toxicosis. But this is not in all cases, there are exceptions.
- Genetic background. The emergence of toxicosis in the second trimester due to heredity, has a greater chance of the likelihood of its development. In the event that someone from the previous generation suffered from toxemia at 16 weeks or any other term, there is a 70% chance that this problem will not get around you. The risk of increasing symptoms increases if a woman has a toxicosis in a previous pregnancy.
- Multiple pregnancy. The joy of such news is definitely more, but there will be more difficulties in bearing too. Here, for example, toxicosis in the second half of pregnancy in mommy with twins appears much more often and more progressively than in a woman with a singleton pregnancy. But for pregnant women who have suffered early toxicosis, the threat of miscarriage is practically not threatened, which is important.
You can also say with confidence that a healthy woman is less susceptible to the manifestation of toxicosis during pregnancy, rather than mom with the presence of chronic diseases, infections and leading an unhealthy lifestyle.
What week is toxicosis?
All cases related to toxicosis of the first half of pregnancy and the subsequent trimesters are individual, therefore, the exact answer to the question: “When will toxicosis end?”, No one can answer absolutely exactly. Some moms have a slight sign of nausea, while others have to spend weeks in the hospital in order to overcome toxicosis. The same factor applies to the duration, because in pregnant women toxicosis is observed at different trimesters, but in most cases, toxicosis at week 14 passes by itself.
Signs of toxicosis can continue until the placenta is formed, and this process ends at about 12 or 14 weeks. After which begins the quiet course of second-trimester pregnancy. Toxicosis in the third trimester may resume again, then it already has a completely different term - preeclampsia.
There are cases when a future mom begins toxicosis in the last trimester, which is much more dangerous than toxemia in early pregnancy. If signs of late toxicosis should immediately consult a specialist.
How to reduce toxicosis during pregnancy? Folk remedies for toxicosis
What exactly helps from toxicosis and how to alleviate its symptoms can only be determined by the pregnant woman herself, each has its own method of combating toxicosis. The main symptoms of toxicosis during pregnancy manifest in the morning, because the level of glucose in the blood, in a given period of time is reduced. If you adhere to the following tips, then perhaps the activity of toxicosis will subside.
How to avoid toxemia during pregnancy:
- Before getting out of bed, you should eat a small piece of bread, biscuits, or best of all dried fruits. Make a mint tea, add a slice of lemon and a small amount of sugar to it, which normalizes the level of glucose in the blood. All these methods will help alleviate the symptoms of toxemia in the early term or in the last trimester, there is no difference.
- You can dissolve a slice of lemon or orange, acidic fruits usually smooth out the manifestations of nausea. But for many, on the contrary, toxicosis increases, so you need to listen to your body and check all methods gradually.
- You need to drink only those drinks and juices that are right for you: herbal tea, chilled drinks, plain water, vegetable broth.
- Instead of drinks containing a large amount of dyes, you can eat fruits with a high content of liquid - melon, watermelon, grapes and ginger, with toxicosis will be the best option. Sometimes you can treat yourself to a portion of ice cream.
- It is necessary to replace heavy, spicy and fried food with steam dishes. Also, light food in the form of dairy foods, fruits and raw vegetables to a lesser extent, overload the stomach and much healthier.
- It is necessary to divide food intake into several portions and eat less food, but more often. During the day, you can connect crackers, a banana or an apple, so that the stomach is not empty. The fight against toxicosis will not be in vain if you do not allow vomiting and nausea to become the usual manifestation of your body.
- It is not recommended to go to bed after eating. It is worth waiting a few hours before you fall asleep or just lie down.
- Granny's proven recipe for toxicosis during pregnancy - a spoonful of honey at the beginning of the first symptoms of toxicosis.
Nutrition for pregnant women with toxicosis
So how to make the diet of the future mom, with toxicosis in early pregnancy? The erroneous opinion of many is to limit oneself in eating; the less we eat, the less nausea and vomiting. First, it is during the initial months that the embryo needs various microelements and vitamins. Secondly, even the most short-term diet, which is aimed at consuming only one product, can soon cause an allergic reaction, like that of a mummy, and that of a fetus.
Therefore, it is important to create a balanced diet during this period ^
- From the very beginning of toxicosis, it is necessary to exclude those products that cause nausea. These most often include dairy products.
- And what products are needed, despite the progression of nausea and vomiting? For the replenishment of mineral substances - sodium and chlorine is recommended - table salt, but in moderation. Therefore, salted fish and cucumbers will even be useful during this period, but do not forget about the measure, especially for women with chronic kidney diseases.
- The menu for toxicosis in late pregnancy is significantly different. First of all, it is important to remember the enemy of the last trimester of pregnancy - salt. Therefore, to refrain from taking herring and cucumbers, it can cause fluid retention in the body. And less salt all the dishes.
The best prophylaxis for late toxicosis is moderate food intake. The most unloved foods for the body in this period are smoked foods, pickles and pickles. Therefore, it is very important to follow a healthy and healthy diet before late toxicosis begins.
Protein plays an important role in late toxicosis, and the lack of protein leads to its decrease in blood. In this connection, it is recommended to add boiled fish, cottage cheese and boiled lean meat to the diet of healthy nutrition.
Toxicosis - This is a pathological condition of the body, which occurs as a result of exposure to it exogenous toxins or harmful substances of endogenous origin.
The state of toxicosis is characterized by the manifestation of neurological disorders, disorders of peripheral blood flow, tachycardia, skin color changeslowering blood pressure. Due to the presence of dysfunction of the gastrointestinal tract toxicosis manifested nausea, diarrhea, vomit, anorexia. When toxicosis occurs permanent damage to the kidneys and liver. Water-electrolyte metabolism is disturbed, a number of deviations in the acid-base state are observed.
Pregnant toxicosis - This is a complex of pathological changes in the body of a pregnant woman. As a rule, such changes occur in the first half. of pregnancy. Most often the main manifestation of early toxicosis is vomiting. A similar condition arises in completely healthy women, however, those who have previously suffered from diseases of the gallbladder and pancreas, manifestation of toxicosis is more pronounced than in a healthy person. In the process of development and progression of toxicosis of pregnant women in the female body, violations occur in carbohydrate, fatty, protein, water-saltexchange. Later, exhaustion may occur, decrease in weight. In this case, the patient continues to lose fluid. Sometimes it is also possible the manifestation of noticeable dystrophic changes in a number of internal organs, as well as in the central nervous system.
Manifestations of toxicosis of pregnant women in varying degrees, are characteristic of approximately 90% of women. Toxicosis may manifest a small, short-term vomiting and morning or evening nausea. This condition continues until about the thirteenth week of pregnancy. In this case, we are not talking about pathology.
To determine the severity of the condition of a pregnant woman, a classification of vomiting stages is applied. Thus, in the first stage, a woman generally feels satisfactory, and bouts of vomiting occur no more than five times a day. As a rule, vomiting is a reaction to food or to smell. In the second stage of toxicosis of pregnant vomiting occurs more often - up to ten times a day. A woman quickly loses weight, she develops periodic tachycardia, acetone sometimes appears in the urine. In the third stage of toxicosis of pregnant women, vomiting can occur up to 25 times a day, the woman feels extremely bad. At the same time vomiting can be manifested from the smallest movements. Pulses increase to 120 beats per minute, and body temperature may rise. Acetone is found in the urine, there is also a high content of creatine.
Treatment of toxicosis of pregnant women
Treatment of toxicosis of pregnant women in most cases is performed on an outpatient basis, while it is very important to constantly monitor the dynamics of the body weight of a woman. However, with the manifestation of vomiting of the second and third stages, it should be treated already in the hospital. Diagnosis of the severity of toxicity is based on the results of blood and urine tests, by means of an electrocardiogram, as well as through a detailed survey of the patient.
It is important to comprehensively treat the treatment of early toxicosis. Sometimes the doctor prescribes a woman to take medications that affect the central nervous system, vitamins, antihistamines. In addition, the woman must comply with the regimen prescribed by the doctor. Sometimes a serious condition is an indication for termination of pregnancy: this is possible with a very serious condition and a woman’s poor state of health, with the inefficiency of the methods suggested by the doctor over the next 6-12 hours, as well as with the development of acute liver dystrophy. As a rule, all manifestations of toxemia in pregnant women cease immediately after delivery or abortion.
Pregnancy toxicosis classification
The most appropriate and appropriate today is the division of toxicosis into two groups. So, in the first half of pregnancy is manifested early toxicosisin the second half - late toxicosis. As a rule, late toxicosis occurs in the last few months of bearing a child. In turn, early toxicosis is divided into vomiting pregnant, excessive vomiting, birdism. Late toxicosis may manifest as dropsy pregnant, neuropathy, state of preeclampsia and eclampsia.
Sometimes more rare forms of toxemia also occur, which include bronchial asthma, dermatosis, tetany, jaundice. Similar phenomena occur during any period of pregnancy.
With early toxicosis, which usually occurs in the first trimester of pregnancy, there are various manifestations. Symptoms of this condition are weakness, severe drooling, reluctance to eat, changes in taste. Vomiting provokes dehydration, a woman loses weight, her skin sags. Pulse becomes more frequent blood pressure going down.
About all the symptoms, a woman should definitely tell her general gynecologist. It is important to be weighed regularly to control whether there are any jumps in weight in one direction or another.
In late toxicosis, more severe symptoms occur. As a rule, this condition occurs around the twentieth week after conception and continues until the day of birth. В данном случае тошнота практически не проявляется, однако у женщины появляются отеки конечностей, а позже – лица. Иногда отеки возникают по всему телу. Поднимается уровень артериального давления, и снизить его не удается даже с помощью лекарственных препаратов.If you do not seek medical help in time, late toxicosis of pregnant women can cause serious damage to the internal organs. In this case, the woman will experience a number of symptoms that negatively affect her overall vitality: possible dizziness and headache, problems with hearing and vision. The state of eclampsia is the most severe degree of late toxicosis. In this case, the woman loses consciousness, she begins to seizures. Such a state can cause even death as a result of cerebral hemorrhage, acute respiratory, renal, and heart failure. There is also a high probability of placental abruption.
Treat late toxicosis should be exclusively in the hospital, observing strict bed rest and following all the recommendations of the doctor. It is important to eliminate stress, eat a minimum of salty foods, take drugs that reduce blood pressure. Sometimes during late toxicosis, pregnant women are prescribed protein preparations.
But in severe cases with the ineffectiveness of treatment, eclampsia can be prevented only by terminating the pregnancy.
Prevention of toxemia in pregnant women
Toxicosis prevention must be remembered before conception. To do this, you should competently approach the planning of pregnancy: get rid of overweightstick to diets with little content fat, to lead an active lifestyle, so that the physical form was as perfect as possible. It is proved that the physical form directly affects the manifestation of toxicosis: the more comfortable she feels and the better a woman looks, the lower the risk of toxicosis of pregnant women.
Already in the first weeks of pregnancy should be examined and get the doctor all the necessary advice. Vitamin complexes containing vitamin b6 and vitamin C, minimize the salt content in the daily diet, use at least 75 grams squirrel everyday. Women who experience the onset of toxemia should add more protein to their diet.
A pregnant woman should eat often, but the portions should be relatively small. Food should not be too hot. It is equally important to drink plenty of fluids every day: mint or lemon green tea, rosehip tea helps prevent nausea and vomiting.
If nausea still overcomes, you should always carry with you sweets, crackers, fruits, a small portion of which will help to stop nausea. That the toxicosis did not progress, the high-grade dream and day time rest is very important. At the same time it is desirable to rest in a ventilated, cool room.
Exercise also helps to deal with nausea. However, you can do only light exercise or do yoga. But even a light physical exertion must necessarily be approved by the attending physician.
Future mothers should avoid passive smoking, which can also provoke the development of toxicosis.
For the prevention of late toxicosis in the second half of pregnancy should be somewhat reduced fluid intake to avoid its delay in the tissues and, as a consequence, the occurrence of edema. The diet should be dominated by low-fat protein foods, vegetables, cereals. Sleep should be at least nine hours a day. A pregnant woman in the later stages should carefully monitor the weight. Too strong and a sharp increase can be a signal of the onset of toxicosis.
What is toxicosis and early toxicosis?
Toxicosis (gestosis) refers to the condition of pregnant women arising from poisoning by harmful substances that are formed in the mother's body during the development of the embryo, characterized by a multiplicity of symptoms, of which the most permanent and severe are dysfunction of the central nervous system, vascular disorders and metabolic disorders. With termination of pregnancy, symptoms of the disease also pass.
These conditions of pregnant women are classified according to the date of occurrence. There are early toxicosis and late gestosis (toxicosis). They differ in their clinical course. Early toxicosis is usually observed in the first trimester, and it passes at the beginning of the second trimester of pregnancy, that is, it occurs in the first 12 weeks of pregnancy.
Gestosis occurs in the second or third trimesters.
The prevalence of early toxicosis is so great that very often its symptoms are considered classic signs of pregnancy, while the development of toxicosis indicates a violation of the mechanisms of regulation of metabolism and behavioral reactions in the body of a pregnant woman, which means that the foundations of early toxicosis are pathological. Normally proceeding pregnancy, in contrast to toxicosis, is considered to be a special physiological (normal) state of the woman’s body, and not pathology (that is, a disease).
Causes and risk factors for early pregnancy toxicosis
The exact cause and mechanisms of development of early toxemia of pregnant women is not fully established. Undoubtedly, the fact that toxicosis is a manifestation of the pathological reaction of the woman’s body to the pregnancy developing in it.
Risk factors for the development of early toxicosis in pregnant women are lack of sleep, overwork, poor nutrition, smoking, alcohol abuse.
Symptoms of early toxicosis of pregnancy
A woman complains of weakness, drowsiness, irritability, depression, poor health, increased drooling, loss of appetite, change in taste, nausea, vomiting, weight loss.
Much less often, early toxicosis takes the form of dermatoses (skin lesions), pregnant asthma (changes in bronchus reactivity), osteomalacia (softening of the bone substance), and tetany (skeletal muscle spasms).
Vomiting of pregnant women is one of the most frequent manifestations of early toxicosis of pregnant women. The prevalence of vomiting in pregnant women reaches 60%, of which up to 10% need treatment. Vomiting usually occurs during the first 20 weeks of pregnancy. Usually the sooner vomiting occurs, the harder it is. The severity of vomiting may be different, in this regard, we distinguish three degrees of severity of pregnancy vomiting:
First degree mild vomiting. Vomiting occurs no more than 5 times a day, more often after meals. The general condition of the pregnant woman remains normal, and the weight loss is no more than 3 kg.
Second degree vomiting moderate. Vomiting appears up to 10 times a day (on an empty stomach or after eating), and weight loss in 2 weeks can be 3 kg. The general condition of the pregnant woman is deteriorating. Pulse rate increases, and blood pressure decreases.
The third steppe indomitable, excessive vomiting. Vomiting occurs up to 25 times per day. Such vomiting causes dehydration of the body and drastic weight loss of the pregnant woman (the loss of body weight can reach 10 kg). Her skin becomes dry and flabby, an unpleasant odor appears from the mouth, the body temperature rises, the pulse quickens, blood pressure decreases, general inhibition is noted. Analyzes show impaired renal function. In some cases, with excessive vomiting raises the question of an artificial abortion.
In the early stages of toxemia, vomiting is usually preceded by nausea, which can also be considered as one of the symptoms of early toxicosis. Further vomiting may appear without nausea. In some cases, nausea is an independent symptom of early toxicosis and does not lead to vomiting.
Salivation (pialism) is the second most common symptom of early pregnancy toxicosis and often accompanies vomiting of pregnant women. In some cases, the saliva production is so intense that a pregnant woman loses more than 1.5 liters of saliva per day. Together with saliva proteins and mineral salts are eliminated from the body. That is why intensive drooling quickly leads to a deterioration in the general condition of a pregnant woman and requires treatment.
This is a less common, but extremely unpleasant manifestation of early toxicosis of pregnant women. Most often, dermatosis of pregnant women is manifested in the form of diffuse itching of the skin, which can also spread to the genital area. Itching causes sleep disturbances, irritability, depression. In all cases of itching during pregnancy, it is necessary to exclude the presence of thrush (candidiasis), allergies, diabetes, which can also cause itching.
Osteomalacia and tetany
They are manifestations of metabolic calcium and phosphorus in the body of a pregnant woman. Osteomalacia is manifested by loosening of bone tissue and threatens with bone fractures. The tetany is manifested by convulsions of the muscles of the upper extremities (“the hand of an obstetrician”), less often of the lower extremities (“the leg of a ballerina”), of the face (“fish mouth”).
What can you do?
Remember that any toxicosis is a sign of trouble. When the first symptoms appear, immediately contact your obstetrician-gynecologist (treatment of early toxicosis is carried out in the antenatal clinic). Timely treatment in most cases eliminates trouble. During this period walks are very useful.
During early toxicosis it is very important to eat often and in small portions. Food should not be hot and enjoyable. Weigh yourself regularly, if your weight drops sharply or increases - this is a distress call. Unrestrained vomiting may occur. It is impossible to bring this up, and therefore urgently consult a doctor. Despite the poor state of health, it is desirable to keep the pregnancy, because next time toxicosis will repeat, and in a more severe form.
A child who never ceases to grow and develop, whose movements you will soon feel, is an incomparable joy.
What can a doctor do?
The diagnosis of early toxemia in pregnant women is usually established on the basis of symptoms of the disease (nausea, vomiting, drooling, etc.). However, even in the presence of a “classic” symptom, the final diagnosis requires additional research to rule out other diseases with similar symptoms (infections, diseases of the central nervous system, diseases of the digestive tract organs).
The information is provided by the directory of medicines "Vidal." Found an error? Select it and press Ctrl + Enter.
How long does the toxicosis begin?
In general, women suffer from toxicosis in early pregnancy. Most often, the symptoms of early toxemia appear at 5-6 weeks, sometimes already on the days of delayed menstruation, and in some cases even earlier - from the first week of conception.
Some women claim to feel nauseous and even vomit the very next day after unprotected intercourse. But experts are skeptical of such statements. "Toxicosis" in such cases, most likely, has other causes that are completely unrelated to pregnancy: for example, poisoning or indisposition due to changes in blood pressure. The psychological factor is not excluded: the girl begins to experience, worry, and experiences “signs” of pregnancy on her emotions.
Toxicosis in the first trimester of pregnancy is observed most often. But there are also much more dangerous late toxicosis. Toxicosis is also called preeclampsia, but the term “preeclampsia in pregnant women” is more often used to refer to late toxicosis.
Toxicosis during pregnancy is a physiological phenomenon and does not require treatment (unlike gestosis). But if you feel very bad, vomiting is repeated often and there is a loss in weight, then you need to contact a gynecologist for help.
The absolute norm is also the absence of any toxicosis and even the slightest hint of it. The opinion that a pregnant woman would certainly feel sick is wrong.
How long does toxicosis last during pregnancy?
Everything is very individual: from the manifestations of toxemia, ending with its duration. Some women feel only mild nausea, others are forced to go to hospital for treatment. It is the same with duration: toxemia during pregnancy in different women is observed during a different period, but most often it gradually disappears by the beginning of the second trimester.
Toxicosis during pregnancy lasts until the period when the placenta is fully formed, that is, a week to 12-14th. Then comes the second trimester, which is calm in terms of well-being. By the third trimester of pregnancy, toxicosis can resume, and then it is already called gestosis. It also happens that toxicosis during pregnancy is first manifested at the end of the term. Gestosis is much more dangerous than early toxicosis, so the doctor must be warned about its appearance.
Symptoms of preeclampsia are also somewhat different. In particular, there is an increased formation of edema and an increase in blood pressure.
Sometimes late toxicosis can begin in the second trimester, which is not safe for the fetus and the expectant mother. But, fortunately, everything goes after delivery - that's for sure!
Remedies for toxicosis during pregnancy
There are many different treatments for toxicosis. But not all of them are harmless, safe and productive. So, we repeat once again: it is better not to start the disease.
Drug treatment. Among all the drugs used to treat toxemia (there are about 20 of them), only no-spa, vitamins and trace elements are harmless to a certain extent during pregnancy. The rest is very dangerous and toxic. But under certain conditions one has to resort to their help - when the benefits of such treatment for the mother outweigh the potential risk to the fetus. Drug treatment of toxemia must be complex and include a number of different drugs. Such treatment is always carried out in the hospital, but, unfortunately, not always successfully.
Usually, if the treatment was started on time, the toxicosis is successful and the woman is discharged. But in rare cases, the improvement does not occur:
- vomiting does not stop,
- acetonuria progresses in 3-4 days,
- there is marked tachycardia,
- the nervous system functions are impaired (adynamia, apathy, delirium, euphoria),
- characteristic icteric sclera and skin.
This state of pregnancy is an indication for abortion. But, fortunately, today it happens very rarely.
refers to modern invasive treatments. It consists in the fact that the lymphocytes of her husband are injected into the skin of the forearm to a pregnant woman. Improvement of health of the pregnant woman comes, as a rule, in 24 hours. Immunocytotherapy also requires hospitalization and even a thorough examination of the child’s father for infections (hepatitis B and C, HIV, Wasserman). But still, this method is dangerous: there is a threat of infection with hepatitis, for example.
is absolutely safe for the pregnant woman and the fetus and very effective, and therefore the preferred method of treatment of toxicosis. It allows you to select drugs individually and at the same time treats the whole body as a whole, not only for women, but also for children if necessary. The likelihood of side effects and toxic overdose is excluded, and the homeopathic preparations themselves are not addictive.
Peppermint will help prevent morning nausea: drop one drop of this essential oil on a pillow or on a scarf that you put near the head of the bed. This extract has a beneficial sedative effect not only on the whole organism, but also specifically on your stomach, preventing its morning “riots”. Do this procedure for several nights in a row, and you will notice a clear relief.
Carry ginger essential oil with you: when it suddenly becomes bad and begins to feel sick, put a drop of ginger oil on your palm, rub it, bring it to your nose and calmly take a deep breath several times. This oil also helps with vomiting: drop a drop of 0.5 liters of boiling water and steam inhalation.
For the prevention of nausea and vomiting during the day, it is recommended to rub the oil mixture into the suprabright area in the morning: add one drop of ginger oil to the dessert spoon (10 ml) of any vegetable oil.
When using aroma oils, pay attention to their quality: you can buy only those essential oils for which there is a hygienic certificate and a certificate of conformity. Better to do it in a pharmacy.
In addition to the types of treatment described during toxicosis, physiotherapy and phytotherapy are used. Also, often resort to more exotic methods of treatment: hypnosis, electric, acupuncture.
However, with mild manifestations of toxicosis, pregnant women can successfully curb it at home.
How to deal with toxicosis during pregnancy at home
- In the morning, do not get up abruptly out of bed. Eat first a handful of nuts or cookies cooked near the bed from the evening.
- Eat throughout the day fractional, little by little, better every 2-3 hours.
- Frequent chewing helps a lot with nausea. Snack on lemon, nuts, dried fruits, peppermints, tangerines. It is useful in case of nausea to chew cumin seeds or ordinary chewing gum.
- Try to exclude from your diet fried, pickles, chocolate and hard-to-digest foods.
- Доказано, что витамин В6 уменьшает проявления токсикоза, поэтому в рацион нужно включать богатые им продукты: рыбу, яйца, куриное мясо без кожи, орехи и бобовые овощи (фасоль, горох, чечевицу). Большое количество витамина В6 содержит авокадо.
- Противорвотным действием обладает имбирь: его можно добавлять в чай или просто разжевывать. Any products with the addition of ginger (for example, ginger biscuits) will help to overcome the gagging urge.
- Food should be light, but nutritious and contain all useful substances: fruits, fresh porridges on water, bread.
- But if you really want - eat what you want.
- It is necessary to lie slightly. Or immediately after a meal, rest for a while.
- When toxicosis, you must eat warm or chilled food.
- Get used to drinking a glass of water every morning on an empty stomach - this will reduce the feeling of nausea and help to cope with the indisposition.
- Drink alkaline mineral water without gas, preheating it.
- Generally consume plenty of fluids, but in small portions. Particularly useful are chamomile tea, cranberry juice, fresh apple juice, green tea with lemon, dogrose infusion, water with added lemon juice and honey.
- It is good to rinse your mouth with extract of chamomile, sage, mint.
- Also take infusions of calendula, valerian, yarrow and peppermint: these plants stop the spasms, have a beneficial effect on the gastrointestinal tract and perfectly calm the nerves.
- A proven remedy to combat toxicosis is mint. Based on it, you can prepare a tincture from toxicosis. Take two teaspoons of dried mint, a teaspoon of valerian root, two teaspoons of calendula flowers and the same amount of yarrow herb. Mixture need to pour 400 ml boiling water, infuse for 30 minutes and strain. Take two or three tablespoons six times a day, three courses of 25 days with 15-day breaks.
- More in the fresh air.
- Constantly ventilate the kitchen and use the hood, so that smells do not irritate.
Do not despair and believe in the best: it will end very soon. Early toxicosis, usually terminated by the beginning of the second trimester of pregnancy. However, late toxicosis - gestosis (in the second and third trimesters of pregnancy) also occurs. Therefore, all our tips can still be very useful to you. And after birth, everything will surely pass!
Especially for beremennost.net - Elena Kichak
What is toxicosis in pregnant women?
Toxicosis - a condition experienced by a pregnant woman as a result of toxin poisoning. Most often, toxins accumulate in the mother's body during development and growth of the fetus. Usually toxicosis is accompanied by vomiting, nausea, vascular disorders, some disorders of the central nervous system and, of course, metabolism.
After the termination of pregnancy or childbirth, all the above symptoms of toxicosis instantly disappear by themselves. It is worth considering that toxicosis is very common. Often in the early stages of toxicosis is considered a clear sign of pregnancy. However, if toxicosis continues to develop, then it is worth considering, as this indicates the pathological processes manifested in the period of early toxicosis. It is worth noting that pregnancy in medicine is considered a physiological process and does not apply to pathology.
Treatment of toxicity during pregnancy with pumpkin and honey
In very severe cases during pregnancy, toxicosis can be treated with drugs. However, in the early stages and without other recommendations of the doctor, you can try to get rid of the disease and folk remedies for the treatment of toxicosis.
The most popular method of treatment is still a grandmother's prescription for the treatment of toxicosis during pregnancy, namely honey. Slow dissolve a spoon of honey in your mouth at manifestations of the first signs of vomiting and feeling unwell.
Pumpkin juice is considered an excellent anti-emetic, as well as a decoction of this vegetable, seasoned with lemon juice.
Treatment of toxicity during pregnancy with coal
The simplest treatment for toxemia during pregnancy is the use of charcoal as a drug. This tool allows you to improve the health of a pregnant woman. For this purpose, you can use activated charcoal sold in every pharmacy. 30 minutes before a meal, it is recommended to take several tablets of coal. This will avoid vomiting and nausea after eating. Naturally it is worth considering the fact that the regular reception of sorbents, to which to treat activated carbon so has consequences for example, constipation and other stomach disorders. Also in the body may be a deficiency of certain nutrients, fats, proteins and vitamins.
Treatment of toxicity in pregnancy with citrus
Glass grapefruit or orange juice will help rid the body of toxins, as well as enhance enzyme systems. Tea with lemon or a slice of lemon is an excellent remedy for bouts of nausea. Thus, not only citrus juice, but the fruit itself can be recommended as a folk remedy against toxemia. In addition, they contain huge amount of vitamins and mineral salts.
Traditional medicine treatment methods for pregnancy with toxicosis with berries
In folk medicine there are a huge number of recipes that can cure toxicosis with the help of berries. Here are some of them.
Cranberry juice. To prepare it, take 150 grams of berries and squeeze the juice out of them. Pour the pulp with hot water, then put it on the fire and bring to a boil. Broth leave for 15 minutes after boiling on the fire, strain it. After that, add about 100 grams of sugar to the broth. Mix broth with juice of berries and lemon. Drink a drink with bouts of vomiting in small sips.
Rosehip tincture. This tool of traditional medicine allows pregnant women to get rid of the biologically active substances of metabolic products that accumulate in large quantities in the body. They become the main cause of toxicosis. To prepare the drug, mix 0.5 grams of ascorbic acid and rosehip infusion.
Prepare the infusion as follows: take a tablespoon of rosehips and fill them with two cups of boiling water. Hold on fire for about 20 minutes. You can also insist drink in a thermos for an hour. In the first embodiment, it is worth using a water bath, as well as an enameled container. In a prepared infusion, add a spoonful of honey and take three times a day for half a glass in the form of heat.
Toxicosis of the second half of pregnancy
If the majority of women who are expecting a baby, face toxemia in the early stages, when its course has practically no effect on the condition of the fetus and the woman, then only a few suffer from toxicosis in the second half of pregnancy. It is worth noting that it is during this period that toxicosis belongs to risk factors and can greatly affect pregnancy. The danger of this disease lies in the fact that such symptoms as vomiting and nausea may be completely absent, but the pathological process will continue to develop and have very dangerous consequences.
Toxicosis of the second half of pregnancy is usually diagnosed solely on the basis of urine and blood tests, and based on blood pressure levelwhich measurement is carried out constantly.
What is the danger of toxicosis of the second half of pregnancy?
First of all, toxicosis in the second half of pregnancy can cause very strong changes in a woman’s body. It is these disorders that cause fetal hypoxia, and also contribute to the violation of water-salt balance in a pregnant woman. Often fluid accumulates in the tissues of women. As a result, the work of the placenta is impaired. And as a result, the child stops receiving the required amount of oxygen, nutrients, and the metabolic products are poorly derived from the amniotic fluid. This can severely affect the baby’s nervous system.
It is worth noting that the severe form of the disease can greatly affect the health and life of both the fetus and the pregnant woman. In this case, an emergency early delivery is required.
Signs of late toxicosis
The onset of late toxicosis is accompanied precisely by a delay in the mother's body fluids. And as a result, painful thirst arises, which leads to more fluid intake. The fluid that is eliminated from the body becomes much smaller. These are the first alarm signals.
Another sign of late toxicosis - this is swelling. They are not so difficult to notice. The main cause of their occurrence is fluid retention and high vascular permeability in a pregnant woman. This is characteristic of preeclampsia in the second half of pregnancy.
Also signs of late toxicosis are bags under the eyes, high pressure, headache, pain in the abdomen and congestion in the ears.
Causes of late toxicosis
The main cause of the disease can be a disease, such as fibroids, hypertension or obesity. Also, some work disturbances are dangerous. endocrine and cardiovascular systems, diseases of the genital organs. After 35 weeks, toxicosis can occur due to acute respiratory viral infections or may be due to malnutrition. The factors of late toxicosis should also be attributed to multiple pregnancy., large fetus, polyhydramnios, maternal age, artificial interruption of a previous pregnancy, a break between births for more than two years, stress and overwork.
Prevention of late toxicosis
To avoid this ailment, one should eat properly, eliminating some foods, for example, chocolate, flour, spices, fried and smoked, plenty of berries and vegetables. It should be more consumed dairy products and cereals. The volume of fluid per day should not be more than two liters. Also it is necessary to move more, walk, swim, do gymnastics. The regimen is also important, since large loads and lack of sleep are also causes of late toxicosis.
1. It is impossible to determine the exact cause of toxicosis.
Many will be surprised, but doctors and scientists do not have an exact answer to the question: why does toxicosis occur? There is the most common point of view: toxemia is a reaction to hormonal alteration and increase in the level of hCG (human chorionic gonadotropin). It happens that nausea and vomiting are caused by other causes that are not related to pregnancy. These are diseases of the thyroid or liver. Ideally, they should be excluded before pregnancy.
3. Toxicosis can be in late pregnancy
Classically, toxicosis begins before the 9th week of pregnancy and ends by the 14th week. For some, it lasts longer and very rarely can accompany a woman throughout pregnancy. Late nausea is a prolonged toxicosis or some other disease: ulcer, poisoning, diseases of the thyroid gland, biliary tract.
Pay attention to the symptoms: if at the 27th week you have severe nausea and / or fever, abdominal pain, headache, abnormal stool, immediately go to the doctor.
4. Toxicosis may be due to missed abortion.
Such a state can accompany a woman before spontaneous abortion or before the doctors intervened in the situation. In this case, toxicosis proceeds smoothly: it does not increase or decrease.
If the pregnancy develops normally, toxemia can gradually go to no, or it can “turn off” for a couple of days, and the woman will suddenly feel better.
5. Very severe toxicosis is dangerous mainly for women.
In rare cases, it can really be dangerous. Severe toxicity manifestations - indomitable vomiting, when a woman loses up to 5% of her pre-pregnancy weight, dehydration, and imbalance of essential trace elements. In this state, it is almost impossible to digest food. The compensatory mechanisms of the female body are developed so strongly that it does not affect the child. But a woman must be told to the doctor. Such situations require hospital treatment with the replacement of lost fluid.
6. Sleep reduces toxicosis
Keep track of your first trimester lifestyle. The maximum amount of sleep per day will improve the condition. Let housework go to the background, sleep as much as your body wants, and take a long walk in the fresh air.
7. Eat often and a little bit.
Many pregnant girls pull on salty or sweet. Do not limit yourself in the first trimester, better then adjust the correct power scheme. If you feel bad in the morning, try to eat something salty before getting out of bed. The fact of moving on an empty stomach and an attempt to make breakfast worsens the condition. Do not be afraid to snack during the first trimester. Some help sunflower seeds, lemon, ginger. Drink the maximum amount of fluid. If you do not want water, experiment with juices and compotes.
9. It is impossible to prevent the classic form of toxicosis.
But above, I have already talked about cases when nausea and vomiting during pregnancy are caused by diseases. This is the moment you can control, after passing an examination before pregnancy. During pregnancy planning, discuss with your doctor all troubling questions, especially if you have abnormal stool, appetite, abdominal pain, sweating, irritability, etc.
Diseases of the thyroid gland, liver, biliary tract can aggravate the course of toxicosis.
10. Immunocytotherapy - an unproven method to reduce signs of toxicosis.
The effectiveness of this method is absolutely not proven. It has no relation to both toxicosis and other conditions for the treatment of which is used. Immunocytotherapy is the immunization of a woman with her husband's lymphocytes. How his lymphocytes can influence the manifestation of toxicosis is difficult to imagine! This method does not exist in international guidelines and protocols (unlike numerous discussions on the Internet), so you should not rely on it: there may be enough negative consequences.
Food entering the body of a pregnant woman directly affects her well-being. That is why women who are in an interesting position and want to decide how to treat toxicosis during pregnancy should take care of their diet. First of all:
- Eat small meals
- Eat immediately, as you get hungry, thereby preventing the growing feeling of nausea,
- Give up fatty and heavy foods,
The video below describes the causes of toxicosis and measures to eliminate it:
- Do not eat dishes that have a pungent smell and a pronounced taste,
- Do not eat seasonings and spices for a while.
- Choose sour lightly cool drinks,
- Do not eat before bedtime. It is desirable that the last meal took place 3-4 hours before going to bed,
- At the first urge to vomit, eat a small slice of lemon or a spoonful of honey.
With pronounced symptoms of toxemia that do not give a woman rest, day or night, the doctor may prescribe medication. The list of the safest means for pregnant women, removing the main symptoms of toxicosis:
- Meklozin relieves from motion sickness in transport,
- Metoclopramide provides better digestion, reduces nausea,
- Hofitol improves the functioning of the liver, eases the symptoms of toxemia. However, despite the proven efficacy and safety of these drugs, when deciding how to treat toxicosis during pregnancy, consult about taking them with your doctor.
Not always future mothers correctly define this condition, taking for him rare ailments and mild nausea. The main symptoms of toxicosis in pregnant women are as follows:
- Frequent (more than 5 times a day) nausea, most pronounced in the morning, which may result in vomiting.
- Abundant salivation.
- In a different way, the taste of the consumed food begins to be felt.
- Dizziness and coordination problems throughout the day.
- General physical and emotional weakness, pregnant woman constantly tends to sleep.
- Significant - on average, more than 3 kg per week weight loss. This indicator depends on the initial parameters of the woman, so attention and control requires any weight loss during this period.
- Headache during the first trimester of pregnancy may indicate early toxicosis or other health problems, such as pressure problems. It cannot be ignored and it is strongly recommended to establish the reasons that provoked it.
- Nausea and inability to fully eat naturally lead to a lack of sufficient energy, resulting in constant fatigue.
- Nervousness and irritability, which is often mistaken for just whims.
All these signs are seen and with ectopic pregnancy, and when frozen. They should be a reason to contact a leading gynecologist for help.
There is no unequivocal opinion of doctors and scientists why this condition arises, but many argue that in this way the mother's body tries to preserve and protect the pregnancy. The most common causes of toxicosis during pregnancy are:
- Disruptions in the coordinated work of the internal organs and the central nervous system. In the first weeks of pregnancy, the activity of the subcortical structures of the brain is activated, which is not characteristic of the normal state of a modern person. So conceived by nature. Именно в этих участках формируется рвотный рефлекс, здесь же находятся обонятельные зоны и клетки, отвечающие за работу внутренних органов: желудка, сердца, легких, слюнных желез.
- Гормональные перестройки, без которых невозможно вынашивание ребенка. Эндокринные изменения влияют на метаболизм беременной и полностью подстраивают его под благоприятные условия развития плаценты и плода. Internal organs are not ready for this and react with manifestations of toxicosis.
- Protection of the fetus laid down by nature from external irritants. Studies show that the most common causes of nausea are smells of foods that can harm a child: junk food, coffee, alcohol, and cigarette smoke and exhaust fumes.
- Diseases of the digestive and other internal organs in chronic or acute forms of leakage according to statistical data often become causes of toxicosis and generally complicate the course of pregnancy.
- Among the versions, which determines toxicosis during pregnancy, there is a genetic predisposition and a lifestyle of a woman.
- A child from the first days of life in the womb differs in its gene composition from the mother's organism, therefore, it produces antibodies to the fetus.
- In multiple pregnancies, toxicosis is more common, and nausea is more intense.
- Negative emotions associated with the new situation.
- Late pregnancy (after 35 years).
In some women, toxicosis accompanies the entire pregnancy, this is considered to be a complication of it and requires constant monitoring of specialists.
How to ease the condition
It makes sick during pregnancy often and for a long time, but the exact time of the attack is impossible to predict. Therefore, it is important for a woman to know what actions you can take to prevent an unpleasant state:
- Carbohydrate food immediately after waking up. Let it become a habit to keep a piece of bread, biscuits or dried fruits that you need to eat after sleeping near the bed.
- Drink herbal teas or broths with lemon, slightly sweetened.
- It is advisable to use folk remedies to combat nausea: slowly eating citrus slices right during an attack - the acid in their composition helps to neutralize nausea, dissolve a teaspoon of honey as soon as it starts to feel sick.
- Replace pastry with questionable composition with fruit according to the season.
- Refuse unhealthy food: fried, fatty, salty, smoked.
- In the process of cooking, use sparing methods of heat treatment - cooking, baking, steaming.
- Eat fractional - often in small portions.
- After eating try to walk more.
The proposed options for prophylactic agents to combat nausea are effective both to prevent the development of early and late toxicosis.
With strong toxicosis
When a woman is constantly nauseous, it becomes impossible for her and the child to have a balanced diet. With a strong degree of toxic manifestations with a characteristic frequent and severe vomiting, it is advisable to treat toxicosis in an outpatient setting. It consists of:
- daily inspection.
- regular collection of analyzes.
- supporting the condition of a pregnant dropper with glucose.
- taking medications individually prescribed by a doctor.
- adherence to a special diet.
- ensure a quiet living environment.
- control over the humidity of the room and its constant airing.