The intestines ache during menstruation for two reasons - physiological, pathological. The first is associated with the individual feature of the body, the location of the uterus, hormonal jumps, the second - with diseases of internal organs and systems. Painful sensations are able to repeat from month to month or make themselves felt periodically.
It is sometimes difficult for women to understand what causes intestinal discomfort. The uterus prepares for menstruation, or problems with the digestive system begin. To achieve the truth, you need to be examined by a gynecologist, proctologist, gastroenterologist. And also you should pay attention to the frequency of pain, and whether it ends with the end of menstruation.
- All intestinal diseases are investigative, therefore the root cause must be sought in other organs and systems. Premenstrual syndrome, indeed, can manifest itself in this way. The reason for this is a dramatic change in hormonal levels, an increase in prostaglandin levels. The latter contribute to the relaxation of the muscles of the intestine, dilute the chair. Often a few days before the onset of menstruation, a woman observes diarrhea, diarrhea. Urging is not accompanied by severe pain in the abdomen, the stool does not have a strong smell. The consistency stabilizes immediately after the end of menstruation, or 2-3 days after it begins.
- A week before the alleged monthly uterus begins to prepare for the rejection of the endometrial layer. For this muscle involves. Under the influence of hormones begin contractions, which are displayed pain in the lower abdomen, lower back. Due to the proximity of the uterus and intestines, cramps are transmitted to the abdominal cavity. The whole stomach starts to hurt, at the location of the intestines. If a woman at that time has problems with the gastrointestinal tract, the pain is greatly increased. That is, the reason is natural, and the factors acquired.
- Irritable bowel syndrome is the main problem of severe abdominal pain during menstruation. The problem may be felt by a slight deterioration of health, a violation of the chair, but changes in hormonal levels, spasms of uterus muscles provoke exacerbation. But lead to irritation of the intestines, the violation of microflora can be different factors. Stress, poor nutrition, alcohol, drugs, worms.
- The intestine may be sick due to inflammatory processes in the genitals. Inflammation is asymptomatic for a long time, but is transmitted to nearby organs. As a result, the intestines become inflamed, and only then the woman will learn about problems in the reproductive system.
- Against the background of monthly increases the flow to the pelvic organs. Circulation decreases, blood stagnates, presses on neighboring organs. There is pain in the colon that gives to the anus. With a tendency to hemorrhoids, it is exacerbated.
The main causes of pain in the intestines during menstruation are:
- Progesterone deficiency,
- Elevated prostaglandins,
- Preparing the uterus for endometrium rejection,
- Colon diseases,
- Taking birth control pills,
- Inflammatory, infectious diseases of the genital organs,
- Irritable bowel syndrome,
- Sexually transmitted infections:
- Improper nutrition
- Alcohol consumption.
How to distinguish premenstrual syndrome from pathology
Each woman has her own set of symptoms, according to which she
learns about the imminent arrival of menstruation. Pain in the intestines make themselves felt if there are problems in the digestive tract. If everything is fine with the digestive system, a cramping, pulling pain is felt in the lower abdomen, at the level of the uterus and ovaries.
The problematic intestine reacts sharply to hormonal fluctuations, discomfort appears, rumbling, nausea, and pain, which spread throughout the intestine, not only in the lower abdomen. Along with this, the stomach often hurts, because the problem originates from the pathologies of the stomach. At the same time there is a raid on the tongue, an unpleasant taste in the mouth, general malaise. In severe cases, the temperature rises to 38 degrees Celsius and above. The painful condition is accompanied by chills, fever.
The main difference between the signs of premenstrual syndrome and pathology is the time of remission. In the first case, the problem disappears after the end of menstruation, in the second - it requires additional treatment.
Prevention of intestinal pain during menstruation
Preparing your body for menstruation will have in advance. First of all, it is necessary to minimize
amount of annoying factors.
- Discard hormonal contraceptives
- Replace drugs for less aggressive to the intestines,
- Correct power,
- Restore the nervous system, avoid stress, overvoltage,
- Eliminate heavy physical labor, weight lifting,
- Do not drink coffee, alcohol,
- Move more, take walks to accelerate blood circulation in the pelvic organs.
It is imperative to undergo an examination by experts, get advice. In the presence of serious diseases in the body to get rid of pain in the intestines during menstruation is possible only through qualified treatment. If the pathological problem is excluded, you can deal with unpleasant symptoms on your own.
Diet before and during menstruation
To restore the bowel will take more than one month. They take drugs for the normalization of microflora - probiotics, prebiotics, diet. If the exacerbation occurs immediately before menstruation, and ends after it, it is necessary to change the diet 7 days before the expected date. Meals to cook for a couple, boil, bake.
Refuse for a while:
- From fried foods, salty, spicy, fatty,
- Alcoholic, carbonated drinks,
- Coffee, strong tea,
- Mayonnaise, ketchup, seasoning,
- Sweets with lots of cream
- Fast feet, chips, crackers.
Need to eat:
Replace tea with herbal mint, lemon balm, chamomile, thyme. Drink more mineral water.
Causes of bowel pain
When menstruation increases blood circulation in the pelvic area. The internal organs increase and exert pressure on the intestines. Intensive contractions of the uterus provoke the appearance of muscle spasms, which are concentrated in the abdomen and lower back. The pain is pulling, sharp and cramping. It happens that during menstruation the urge to defecate increases. In some women, pain syndrome is also present during bowel emptying.
The cause of the discomfort is established by the gynecologist. It is impossible to diagnose at home. The physiological factors that provoke intestinal pain include:
- eating foods that cause flatulence,
- abnormal structure of the uterus or the presence of a bend,
- progesterone deficiency,
- a large number of stressful situations
- binge eating,
- prostaglandin level deviation.
If during menstruation the pain becomes severe, we can talk about pathological processes. These include the following:
- diseases involving inflammation in the pelvis,
- tumors in the intestines or organs of the genitourinary system,
- Crohn's disease,
- ovarian rupture with hemorrhage,
- obstruction of intestinal arteries,
- ectopic pregnancy,
- violation of intestinal microflora,
- ovarian dysfunction,
Sometimes the intestine hurts in the middle of the cycle, during ovulation. This is due to an increase in ovarian volume. Ovulatory syndrome is reflected by spasms in the lower abdomen, changes in the nature of the discharge and increased libido. Some women have slight bleeding. At a rupture of a follicle the pain can give in an anus. The follicular fluid fills in the prostate area, which irritates the intestines, so it becomes painful to empty it.
Differences pathological nature of pain from the natural
Without certain knowledge, it is extremely difficult to separate the symptoms of PMS from the signs of the disease. The main criterion for assessing the state - the duration of the discomfort.
It is important to pay attention to the associated symptoms. The pathology is indicated by the following:
- vomiting and nausea
- feverish state
- increase in body temperature
- painful bowel movements.
With hemorrhoids, bleeding from the anus, severe pain during bowel movements and discomfort in a sitting position are added to the main symptoms. On the surface of the anus, a lump is felt. Similar signs appear at microcracks. Pain in this case is not localized in the intestine.
Diagnostics and therapeutic actions
If the pain during menstruation is intense and gives to the rectum, should consult a gynecologist. He will inspect the chair and take a swab to determine infectious diseases. Additionally, an ultrasound is performed at the beginning and middle of the cycle. If necessary, the diagnosis of bowel disease. The proctologist treats the pathology of the anal passage, and the gastroenterologist deals with diseases of the gastrointestinal tract. The cause of pain in the intestines is determined by fibrogastroduodenoscopy.
A pill will help to eliminate the painful sensations. "No-Shpy" or "Spazmalgona". You can adjust the digestion and remove gas from the intestines with the help of drugs. Enterosgel, Smekta, Espumizan, Duphalac and Linex. In the presence of nausea, the intake of activated carbon is shown. The number of tablets is calculated based on the patient's weight - 1 piece per 10 kg. You can prevent diarrhea with a power adjustment. Rice, bakery products, pasta, potatoes and carrots have a strengthening effect on the chair.
In the absence of the possibility of visiting the doctor, you can use folk remedies. Herbal infusions have anti-inflammatory effects and have a diuretic effect. Oregano, horsetail, snowwood, bear ears and chamomile are perfect for making herbal tea. The broth is prepared at the rate of 1 spoon of dry mix per glass of water. Herbs are combined with each other or taken separately. On the effectiveness of drug treatment is not affected.
If you follow simple rules, then pull the lower abdomen will be much less. They are relevant both in the PMS and in the presence of pathological processes:
- should be periodically take an analysisdetermining the amount of hormones. With their imbalance, special preparations are indicated,
- desirable minimize use alcoholic beverages, coffee, and smoking,
- proper nutrition is the guarantor of good intestinal work. It is recommended to eat more fruits, vegetables and cereals,
- regular genital hygiene will reduce the likelihood of infectious diseases,
- stresses negatively affect the state of health, including the work of the pelvic organs. In the presence of stressful situations it is necessary to ensure a rest or a walk in the fresh air,
- dehydration adversely affects the work of the intestines. In the premenstrual period shown abundant drink.
The lower abdomen is considered one of the most problematic areas of the fair sex. Pain - the normal reaction of the body to the rejection of the endometrium. It is important to be able to distinguish the symptoms of pathology from physiological processes. For ease of diagnosis, it is recommended to record data on the intensity and nature of the monthly in a separate notebook, this will help to identify violations at the initial stage of their development. In time taken measures prevent complications in the future.
The main causes of bloating
Abdominal bloating delivers great discomfort to a person, and that is why almost everyone is trying to eliminate it as soon as possible. The main causes of bloating include:
- Increased gas formation. In general, increased gas formation occurs with improper nutrition, especially when consuming large amounts of sweet, flour, and legumes.
- Dysbacteriosis. With dysbiosis in the intestine there are practically no beneficial bacteria, which is why it does not function as required by the body.
- Intestinal infections
- Diseases of the abdominal organs. Especially negatively affect this process problems with the pancreas, when produced an insufficient amount of enzymes for normal food processing
- The problem of removal of gases that occurs with intestinal obstruction
- Intake of large amounts of air with food
Sometimes bloating occurs as a result of drinking large amounts of carbonated drinks. People suffering from gastritis or irritable bowel syndrome, note that often, after the pain subsides (and in these diseases is a frequent phenomenon), another symptom appears - abdominal distension, which is much more difficult to eliminate.
Abdominal distention is present in almost any problems with the gastrointestinal tract, which is why it is necessary to pay attention to this phenomenon.
Causes of pain in the lower abdomen
Abdominal pain can be the cause of many pains and problems, both with the intestines, and with other organs of the abdominal cavity. The most common cause of such pain in women are menstrual. During this period, the woman may feel both nagging and cramping pains due to a strong contraction of the uterus. Some women also complain of pain in the lower abdomen in the middle of the cycle, which indicates the onset of ovulation. Other causes of this pain include:
- Constipation. During constipation, fecal masses accumulate in the intestines, and they become very much. Because of this, the intestines increase in size and pressure on other organs and nerve endings, thereby causing pain.
- Intestinal infection. When an intestinal infection pain is one of the many symptoms, and it occurs abruptly, and does not pass until such time as treatment begins.
- Diseases of the genitourinary system. Most often you can find such a thing as "how the bladder got cold." In this case, the pain will be aching in nature, and you can get rid of it only by taking antibiotics and a slight warming.
- Stones in the ureter. And, despite the fact that the pain mainly occurs on the side, they give down the abdomen. And sometimes even a person cannot pinpoint the true location of the primary pain.
- Urinary retention This happens when a person has an infection in the urogenital system, and a tumor also develops. In this case, the pain is predominantly localized just below the navel.
- Irritable bowel syndrome. With this syndrome, a person must constantly follow a diet, but if he suddenly deviates from it at least a little, then the intestine will immediately react, and pain will appear in the lower abdomen, as well as bloating
- Prostatitis in men
- Intra-abdominal bleeding, during which there will also be pallor of the skin, fainting
- Malignant or benign tumors
- Appendicitis. Despite the fact that appendicitis is located on the right, most of the patients report pain throughout the lower abdomen.
The causes of pain in the lower abdomen are many. And most of them are accompanied by another symptom - bloating.
Treatment of bloating and abdominal pain
The most important thing during the treatment of bloating and abdominal pain is compliance with all prescribed prescriptions. First of all, you need to go to a specialist and be examined, especially if these two symptoms appear quite often. If a person suffers only abdominal distension, the doctor will prescribe:
- Motilium, which eliminates not only bloating, but also improves digestion
- A special diet, during which you have to eliminate raw vegetables, fruits, legumes, spicy and fatty foods, as they irritate the intestines and can cause excessive gas formation. You can only eat steamed or boiled
- Enzyme preparations that will help better digest the incoming food in the stomach
- Broths of chamomile, dill, which help with colic and bloating
- Sometimes a specialist can recommend a person to drink a laxative. To clean the intestines.
If we talk about the painful sensations in the lower abdomen, the doctor will prescribe:
- No-shpu that relieves muscle spasm
- Espumizan, which will remove accumulated gases
- Enzymes, namely Pancreatin or Mezim, which will help the pancreas and stomach
If the doctor, when examining a patient, noticed that the painful sensations are of a more serious origin (intra-abdominal bleeding, rupture of the spleen, etc.), then he will immediately send the patient to surgery for a more complete examination, and if necessary, to perform an operation. Sometimes the stomach can hurt with prolonged fasting. In this case, the pain will be piston-like and constricting, and no enzymes, painkillers will help. Separately, you need to say about abdominal pain during menstruation. Each woman individually takes for herself the drug that alleviates her condition. This is mainly No-shpa, Spazmalgon.
When pain occurs in pregnant women, it is not necessary to think that these are problems with the intestines, indigestion, etc.It is better to be safe and go to the gynecologist, so that he eliminates the threat of abortion.
Abdominal distension and abdominal pain often appear at the same time, and require urgent treatment, since even the most innocent cause can develop into something more serious over time.
On the causes of pain and rumbling in the stomach (stomach, intestines), tell the video:
Tell your friends! Tell about this article to your friends in your favorite social network using social buttons. Thank!
Very often women complain that they have a stomach ache before menstruation. Menstruation for a woman is a natural process occurring in the body, due to which cleaning and removal of unwanted residues takes place. Stomach pain can be the result of intense uterine contraction during menstruation.
In medicine, it is considered the norm disorder that occurs as a slight malaise one to two days before the onset of menstruation. During this period, as a rule, a little lower abdomen pulls. The occurrence of moderate or severe intensity of pain during this period indicates the occurrence of disorders in the reproductive system. The appearance of pain during menstruation should not be ignored, especially if such signs were not observed on critical days before. If you experience any painful sensations, it is recommended to immediately visit a specialist female consultation center and conduct an examination of the body.
The main causes of abdominal pain during menstruation
The causes of pain in the stomach may be several:
If a woman does not have any problems in the field of gynecology, menstruation, as a rule, is painless and does not bring any inconvenience. The most common cause of pain is the presence of a gynecological disorder. The sudden occurrence of pain in the abdomen may indicate the development of an infectious disease in women, which is transmitted sexually.
The appearance of pain in the lower part of the abdominal cavity indicates the presence in the woman's body of various hormonal disorders and failures. Most often there is such a problem in adolescent girls who are just entering into the period of growing up. This time is characterized by a period of puberty, for which reason the girl’s monthly cycle has not yet been formed, which causes hormonal changes in the body.
Sometimes painful sensations appear in a situation when everything is in perfect order in the gynecological field and a woman has no infectious diseases. The cause of such pain can be a weakening of the immune system due to changes in the work schedule, getting stress, lack of vitamins or elements in the body.
Additional causes of menstruation pain
Pain can occur for various reasons, but if the appearance of pain is regular during the period of menstruation, then dysmenorrhea can be the cause. Medical professionals identify two types of illness: primary and secondary.
Primary dysmenorrhea directly depends on changes in hormonal levels. If ovulation does not occur, the woman’s body prepares for the menstrual process. During this period, the blood level of the hormone prostaglandin increases, which helps bring the uterus to tone. The tone of the uterus is able to rise so much that women have no appetite, nausea and vomiting, headache and fever.
In secondary dysmenorrhea, abdominal pain occurs due to previously transferred or currently occurring inflammatory processes in the body, or due to the development of endometriosis. In such a situation, it is required first of all to carry out the treatment and get rid of the illness. If painful sensations appear at the last stage of menstruation, then this may indicate the presence of a strong inflammatory process in the body.
How to reduce pain in the abdomen during menstruation
Women suffering from pain during menstruation, the question arises as to how you can get rid of the pain or reduce its level.
If a woman has weak menstrual pains on critical days, then such feelings can be stopped by preparing a decoction of chamomile flowers. Before using this tool, you should consult with a medical specialist, since such a decoction can cause allergic reactions in the female body. In addition to chamomile decoction, for abdominal pains on critical days, normal physical exercises or aerobics can help. Such classes are best started a few days before menstruation and continue during it.
A good way to prevent the appearance of pain in this period is sex management. Sexual life is recommended to stop during the flow of menstruation.
In the event of debilitating aching pain, a warm heater that can be applied to the back or abdomen can become a good remedy for removing a painful feeling. During menstruation, it is recommended to massage the lumbar region and abdomen.
With sharp and severe pain on critical days, you can use painkillers, which are sold in pharmacies without a prescription. Before using such products, it is imperative that you visit a medical professional and consult with him about taking medications to relieve discomfort.
To get rid of pain it is recommended to lead a healthy lifestyle, you should get rid of bad habits such as smoking, drinking alcohol and excessive drinking coffee.
Regular physical activity can not only get rid of discomfort, but also to maintain good health. In addition to sports activities, you can do yoga.
Abdominal bloating before menstruation is one of the typical uncomfortable signs of PMS, along with mood swings, intermittent pain and cramps. The problem lies in the changes in the hormonal background, so bloating is an absolutely normal process.
Causes of bloating
The most common cause of bloating before menstruation is a change in hormonal levels. The menstrual cycle is a continuous series of hormonal changes. The essence of the reproductive period is to isolate a sufficient amount of progesterone - the sex hormone responsible for preparing the female body for pregnancy. Progesterone affects the smooth uterine muscles, it swells and slightly increases in size, preparing to take an egg. So, the stomach may slightly increase in volume. The more abdominal muscles are developed in a woman, the less likely that swelling will be noticeable.
In addition, under the influence of the hormone progesterone, water is retained in the body, which is why the limbs and the small pelvis area swell (this can also cause a feeling of bloating).
No less frequent cause of bloating and gas formation is an uncontrolled appetite characteristic of the premenstrual syndrome. By consuming huge amounts of salty, smoked, and especially sweet food, the stomach can swell up strongly, accompanying this process with gases.
Among the possible causes are also highlighted:
- gastrointestinal tract diseases
- if there is bloating and delayed menstruation - it is possible that pregnancy was the cause of the swelling,
- pathological processes and tumors of the female reproductive system.
Abdominal bloating during menstruation and in front of them may be accompanied by a sensation of peritoneal distention, rumbling and flatulence.
- causes of lower abdominal swelling in women
- how to cure permanent bloating
- adult bloating herbs
All the above symptoms are not evidence of pathology, as soon as menstruation begins, they will stop.
With incessant bloating that does not depend on physiological changes, a woman should consult a doctor to find out the true reason why the swelling did not pass naturally, and start treatment promptly.
Behavior to reduce flatulence
To reduce unpleasant bloating during menstruation, the following principles should be followed:
- You need to completely revise your diet from the second half of the menstrual cycle. Food should be easily digested, steamed or cooked.
- It is necessary to refrain from products that provoke gas formation: beans, beans and lentils, cabbage, grapes, cucumbers and radishes, milk, kvass and lactic acid products.
- It is necessary to limit salt intake. It is necessary to add it only to ready meals (no more than 13–14 grams of salt can be consumed per day, and when cooking it is easy to exceed this limit). You need to completely abandon the salty, pickled, smoked food, because it retains fluid in the body.
- Gas formation increases sweets (this is also the answer to the question of why a patient is first prohibited with cakes, pastries, chocolates and other chemical sweets flavored with huge amounts of sugar and vegetable fat), carbonated and alcoholic beverages: especially beer and wine, accordingly, they also need to be removed from the diet.
- An adult needs to drink at least 2 liters of pure water per day.
- It is important regularly, and especially the last 2 weeks of the cycle, to use minerals: zinc, calcium, magnesium, potassium, and vitamins A, C and group B. To saturate your body with them, you need to use a sufficient amount of spinach, broccoli, asparagus, nuts, buckwheat , chicken meat, hard cheeses and eggs.
To eliminate bloating and gas formation before menstruation, you can resort to using the following medications:
- No-shpa, Drotaverin, Almagel - antispasmodic drugs that reduce pain when swelling,
- Activated carbon is a sorbent that removes toxins from the body (suitable in the case when the stomach swells from overeating),
- Omeprazole, Festal, Pancreatin - enzymatic means that improve digestion,
- Dimetikon, Kuplaton - special means that stimulate the excretion of excess gases,
- Espumizan - a popular tool to combat excess gas.
Herbs from bloating
It happens that patients suffering from bloating do not want to see a doctor or take specialized medications. Deciding what to do in this case will help traditional medicine.
Decoctions of mint or chamomile will help if a woman has a lot of puffiness before her menstruation. The drug is prepared as follows: 250 ml of boiling water, poured over a teaspoon of dried chopped herbs (if based on decoction and mint and chamomile, a spoonful of each herb is added to a glass of liquid), the broth is stirred and infused for half an hour. Take the broth with the addition of honey, like regular herbal tea.
For the treatment of gastritis and ulcers, our readers have successfully used Monastic Tea. Seeing the popularity of this tool, we decided to offer it to your attention.
Read more here ...
The process of flatulence, occurring on the eve of menstruation, should not be a hindrance if a woman takes the infusion from dill fruits in advance. This tool is often advised by doctors as an adjuvant therapy, and is commonly used even in the treatment of young children. The method of preparation is the same as for mint infusion: a spoonful of herbs per cup of boiling water, time of infusion is an hour. The tool must be taken in the form of heat, three times a day, a glass. The tool is well stored in the refrigerator, you should only remember that before each reception it must be heated.
In addition, according to the same recipe, decoctions are prepared from the following herbs: fennel, cardamom, ginger, nettle, horsetail.
To help avoid unpleasant symptoms may be a bath course with essential oils of juniper, tea tree or black pepper, undertaken a couple of weeks before the onset of menstruation.
If no medicinal herbs, and recommendations to reduce flatulence do not help, perhaps the cause of bloating is more serious and requires professional intervention. In this case, the woman needs to contact your doctor.
Causes of pain in the intestines
Pain is caused by a physiological or pathological factor. Physiologically during menstrual causes of pain in the intestines due to the location of the uterus, fluctuations in hormones during the cycle.
The main physiological causes of pain during critical days include:
- changes in hormone levels (progesterone deficiency, endorphins, high prostaglandins),
- taking contraceptive drugs
- side effects of medications taken
- failure to follow a diet
- poisoning substandard food,
- drinking alcoholic beverages.
Pathologies of some body systems are another cause of pain. These include:
- diseases of the digestive system, proctological problems, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS),
- infectious, inflammatory gynecological diseases and diseases of the genital organs,
- nervous system disorders
- endocrine disruption, thyroid dysfunction.
Pain of the anus during menstruation are caused by cracks in the rectum.
Sore intestines before menstruation
Irritable bowel syndrome affects abdominal and intestinal pain. Manifestations of IBS are characterized by emptying disorders, cutting pain. In addition, there may be symptoms of a mental nature (anxiety, anxiety, fatigue, mood changes), bloating, feeling of fullness of the rectum even after a bowel movement, general malaise. Often, there are no pathogenic pathogens, and the psychological causes of IBS and the menstrual cycle are common. In this case, special treatment is not required, you need to pay more attention to your lifestyle, proper nutrition, physical activity without overloading.
Factors causing pain
Pain before menstruation is aching or cramping in nature, during the feces may become sharp. The observed symptoms are characteristic both for PMS and for other pathologies (endocrine and reproductive system disorders, IBS, digestive organs). Pain factors are associated with the above physiological or pathological causes. These are fluctuations in hormone levels, drug reactions, poor diet and unhealthy lifestyles.
One of the most common phenomena of pain in the intestines is due to the presence of inflammatory processes in the reproductive system, which for a long time occur in the absence of obvious symptoms, but affect adjacent organs. Therefore, there is a feeling that the intestine itself hurts. To establish the specific cause requires a special examination.
Aggravation of pain during the cycle
Spasms of the uterine muscles in the days of menstruation provoke exacerbation of pain in the digestive and other organs (including the intestines) caused by IBS. Possible deterioration of health, the appearance of stomach disorders. That is the reason why severe pains occur during menstruation.
Approximately 7 days before menstruation, the uterus prepares to reject the endometrium (layer in the inner uterine mucosa), while using its muscles. The uterus is located near the intestines, the spasms return from the uterus to the stomach, which is a completely natural cause. Existing gastrointestinal pathologies exacerbate pain, being acquired factors.
Pain in the anus and rectum due to existing cracks. Blood stagnates during menstruation, which leads to exacerbation of pain. Often on such days hemorrhoids become aggravated if they are prone to it.
Intestinal upset and menstruation
The answer to the question of why intestine and stomach ache during menstruation is that the disorders are probably due to an increased amount of prostaglandins, which cause more intense contraction of the muscles of the intestine and more frequent emptying.
When menstruation increases blood flow to the pelvis, the fluid is retained in the cells, this is reflected in the tone of blood vessels, and externally manifests itself often with a liquid stool. Cramps in the uterus cause the rectum to remain filled even after using the toilet.
The woman's vagina and intestines are separated only partially, without complete isolation from each other. At the end of the intestine there are many blood vessels and nerve endings that react sensitively to the slightest negative effects of external factors (excessive physical exertion and weight lifting, a sedentary lifestyle, obesity, an improper diet, etc.), expanding, forming nodules, inflaming. With a predisposition to hemorrhoids, the occurrence of its exacerbations on critical days is possible.
How to distinguish menstrual pain from bowel pathologies
Symptoms, heralding the approach of menstruation, are individual. Часто довольно трудно определить, готовится ли матка к критическим дням либо проявляются патологии в системе пищеварения.An unequivocal answer to this question will only give a gynecological and gastroenterological examination, as well as a visit to the proctologist.
Premenstrual syndrome can cause pain in the rectum during menstruation due to changes in hormone levels. So, a high amount of prostaglandins relaxes the muscles of the intestines, making the stool runny. Often, diarrhea can begin a couple of days before the menstrual period, which goes away after a couple of days or upon its completion.
Pain during menstruation gives to the rectum and becomes painful in the entire stomach, if there are pathologies of the gastrointestinal tract, which, like pain in the intestines, often manifest in conjunction with general malaise, appearance of plaque and taste in the mouth. A distinctive feature of PMS from pathological disorders in the body is the completion of pain after menstruation, with pathology - no. Then it is necessary to carry out treatment.
Diet Tips for Bowel Pain
A balanced diet can relieve pain. Adhere to the diet should also be before regul. Do not overload the intestines before menstruation, because overload and unbalanced diet can cause pain in the entire stomach.
If a woman notes the relationship between the onset of pain and the onset of menstruation, and after it completes, it passes, then changes in the diet should be made approximately one week before critical days.
General nutritional tips are as follows:
- Food should be steamed, boiled, baked, and not fried.
- If possible, eliminate spicy, salty dishes, refuse or substantially limit the consumption of mayonnaise, spices, ketchup and sauces. Do not get involved in fast food products, crackers, chips, etc.
- Refuse sweets and high-calorie baking with fatty creams.
- Exclude alcohol-containing beverages and limit the intake of carbonated.
- Reduce the amount of consumed tea, coffee, which is better to replace the decoction of medicinal herbs. Drink enough mineral water.
If a woman suffers from constipation, you need to include in the diet more sour-milk products, carrot juice, low-fat first courses, as well as other products that contribute to the dilution of the chair.
When diarrhea, it is recommended to eat boiled rice and decoctions from it, prefer solid food. It is necessary to refuse garlic (promotes bloating of the stomach), spicy dishes (increase blood flow) and products that accelerate the processes of flatulence.
How to relieve intestinal pain
Full recovery will require more than one month, including diet and taking normalizing the work of the intestinal drugs, such as prebiotics and probiotics. But during menstruation, you can significantly ease the pain, using the means of traditional medicine.
Good help broths or herbal teas from:
- raspberry fruit and leaves
- viburnum bark,
- bear ears.
To reduce pain, normalize the menstrual cycle, relieve spasms and inflammation with the help of decoction of oregano. This herb also has an expectorant effect, fights bacteria that are harmful to the body, and promotes tissue repair (as a compress, heals cracks in the anus well). The broth is taken within a week before the onset of menstruation before meals 3 times a day, 150-170 ml. However, this herb is not recommended for pregnant women, since it has an abortive effect. More information about side effects and contraindications is on the package with oregano, the purchase of which is available in any pharmacy. However, before using the recipes of traditional medicine, you should find a gynecologist and get his permission to receive these funds.
As for medications, it is better to take Analgin as a painkiller. No-spa softens the pain and removes spasm, activated carbon will help with flatulence. A single dose of a pair of tablets of activated carbon will prevent gas formation, will remove slags. Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs should not be drunk, because they have a negative effect on the bowels.
To preventive measures include:
- rejection of hormonal contraceptives
- replacement of used drugs with drugs less aggressive for intestinal flora,
- avoidance of stress, excessive loads (but at the same time, sufficient time should be given to physical activity that accelerates the flow of the pelvic blood, for example, daily walks),
- seek the advice of doctors, because a qualified pathology eliminates serious pathology only.
Pain in the intestines during menstruation
During menstruation, the consistency of feces and the frequency of urge to defecate often change in women. This is manifested by diarrhea, constipation, spasms in the intestines. The nature of the pain is aching, pulling, cramping, and during bowel movement - sharp, sharp, or causing faint state. Such symptoms are possible with PMS, irritable bowel syndrome, thyroid dysfunction or sex glands, and pathologies of the reproductive and digestive organs.
Sometimes it is not clear: discomfort is associated with the preparation of the uterus for menstruation or have problems with the intestines. A woman is advised to consult a gastroenterologist, a proctologist, a gynecologist, as soon as cramps appear, a violation of the chair during menstruation.
Causes of pain in the intestines and stomach during menstruation are as follows:
- progesterone deficiency,
- reduced levels of endorphins
- fluctuation of hormone levels (ovulation, menstruation),
- food poisoning
- side effect of taking medication
- disease of the uterus, vagina, ovaries,
- pathology of the colon,
- use of hormonal oral contraceptives.
An abnormal amount of prostaglandins can also cause pain in the intestines before menstruation, diarrhea, dizziness, ulceration, nausea. In order for the uterus to contract properly, they should not be too low or high.
Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is accompanied by symptoms similar to manifestations of the inflammatory process in the gastrointestinal tract, infection with a bacterium or a virus. It is characterized by disorders of the stool, rezami at the urge to defecate and pain during bowel movements.
- feeling unwell,
- feeling of not completely emptied rectum.
Treatment begins after the examination and medical consultation. Since laboratory tests always show the absence of pathogenic pathogens, doctors believe that the presence of IBS is psychological and closely related to premenstrual syndrome or menstrual periods. It is recommended to lead a healthy lifestyle, do yoga or gymnastics without physical exertion, balance the diet.
Aggravation of intestinal diseases
Menstruation often complicates the course of hemorrhoids and fissures in the anus. Wounds that come in contact with blood-stained pads or secretions during menstruation are subject to additional irritation and infection. The frequent washing of an intimate zone, use of tampons is required.
- feeling of "stuck" in the anus of feces,
- itching, heaviness in the anal passage,
- pain, bleeding during bowel movements.
Such signs appear on the background of increased tide to the organs and tissues in the small blood pelvis, which automatically fills the hemorrhoids and causes swelling of the mucous membranes. Cold therapy (candles from ice, compresses) is excluded from the course of treatment for menstruation, so as not to cause intestinal inflammation.
After menstruation, the thrill subsides, returning the pathology to a chronic form.
In the anus can be formed microcrack or scratch, made of solid fecal masses. Tissues are also damaged if the mucous membrane is not sufficiently moistened with secreted glands.
Symptoms of anal fissure:
- acute pain when the rectum is released from feces,
- discomfort during stool,
- weak bleeding from the anus,
- red streaks on feces.
Such symptoms occur in other diseases. You should go for an examination to the proctologist to rule out colitis, a cancerous tumor.
Elimination of pain in the intestines during menstruation
Soups, ryazhenka, kefir, carrot juice and similar foods that help soften the feces should prevail in the diet for constipation. When a woman suffers from diarrhea, she should go for a more solid food. Be sure to use rice porridge or a decoction of this cereal. It is recommended to exclude from the diet of garlic and other foods that cause flatulence (flatulence). Meals before menstruation should not include spicy dishes that enhance blood circulation.
Herbal teas, teas, infusions should have anti-inflammatory, carminative and diuretic effects. Such phytotherapeutic drugs are useful:
- bear ears,
- raspberries (leaves, berries),
- viburnum bark.
Women are advised to drink before the monthly decoction of the herb oregano (synonym - oregano). However, it is forbidden to use the remedy for pregnant women, since the plant has an abortive effect. Oregano not only relieves inflammation, cramps, pacifies pain in the intestines, fights pathogenic bacteria, but also has expectorant effects, regulates the monthly cycle. Compresses from the infusion accelerate tissue regeneration, which is useful in anal fissures.
Oregano infusion drink 150-175 ml for irritable bowel syndrome before menstruation, during PMS, with gastrointestinal spasms. Take three times a day before meals for half an hour during the week before menstruation.
Preparation: boil 250–300 ml of water, add 2 tables. spoon oregano without slides. Simmer for 15 minutes. Strain and bring the volume of boiled water to half a liter.
Oregano is sold through pharmacy chains in cardboard packaging. On the container are contraindications and method of brewing, but it is better to consult your doctor.
It cannot be excluded that a viral or bacterial infection can be “masked” under menstrual syndrome or IBS. The rectum also begins to hurt when its mucous membranes or hemorrhoids become inflamed during hypothermia. Hormonal imbalances are often caused by pathology in the thyroid gland or adrenal glands, but a woman often responds to this condition only during menstruation. It is advisable not to delay with the survey.
Another disease, which is the reason that during menstruation it is painful to go to the toilet - anal fissure. In some cases, a woman may experience such pathology as a defect in the mucous membrane of the anal canal, which leads to the appearance of microscopic cracks from stagnant feces.
The symptoms of this disease include:
- the appearance of acute pain during feces,
- in the process of defecation can be felt pulling pain,
- slight bleeding during bowel movement.
Endometriosis is a complex pathological process. If this disease is allowed to take its course, it can cause infertility and even lead to oncology. Sometimes after an abortion or childbirth, endometrial cells attach to the space between the vagina and the colon, and then this process leads to pain in the intestines during menstruation.
If, during menstruation, the entire stomach and intestines in women who have an active sexual life-style hurt, you should immediately contact a specialist. The fact is that such pains can occur during ectopic pregnancy, which is life threatening for a woman, since fetal development does not occur in the uterus, but outside of it.
Ovarian apoplexy occurs as a result of changes in ovarian tissue, which is provoked by abortion, inflammatory processes in the area of appendages, drug stimulation of ovulation, and the use of anticoagulants. This pathology is a rupture of an ovarian cyst, which can be eliminated only by surgery.
When a woman with a monthly bowel hurts, the reasons can be very diverse. All of the above reasons are the most common, but such pain may be accompanied by various gynecological, proctologic, endocrine and other diseases.
Ignore this symptom should not be. Timely diagnosis and proper treatment will not only reduce pain, but also eliminate their source, which can be much worse than acute pain in the intestines.