Hot flashes are one of the common symptoms experienced during menopause. Half of perimenopausal women and 75% to 85% of postmenopausal women experience this problem. The symptom begins to bother for 1-2 years before the last menstrual and lasts from 6 months to 15 years! The presence of hot flashes due to hormonal fluctuations that occur during menopause. To solve the problem, most often, it is enough to change lifestyle without resorting to hormone therapy.
Signs and symptoms of hot flashes
- In the heat throws the face, neck, arms, and sometimes the whole body.
- Increased or irregular (arrhythmia) heartbeat.
- Redness of the face and neck especially in fair-skinned women.
- Light or heavy sweating.
- Cold chill
- Night hyperhidrosis and sleep disturbance associated with it
- Nausea, dizziness, anxiety, and headaches.
Experts can not with certainty talk about some features of the anatomical structure of the female body, despite the rapid development of medicine. It is believed that most of the symptoms that are disturbing the female gender during menopause are associated with an estrogen fluctuation. But, it is still not known what specifically affects the occurrence of hormonal imbalance? And why the naturally low level of estrogen in men does not cause discomfort on the part of the vasomotor system.
One of the assumptions was made by scientists from the University of Arizona. According to the study, they concluded that the tide, as a symptom of menopause, results from the fact that a low level of estrogen somehow affects the thermoregulatory centers of the brain. It misleads the hypothalamus and causes a chain reaction of the body.
Medications that can cause hot flashes:
- Raloxifene (a cure for osteoporosis)
- Tamoxifen (a cure for cancer)
- Gonadotropin and its analogues
- Treatment of hot flashes during menopause
Tides are not capable of harming the body. They are even able to beneficially affect the heart and circulatory system. But, most women would like to know how to reduce the intensity of symptoms because their presence affects the quality and attitude to life.
Fortunately, in order to achieve a positive result, it is not necessary to apply hormone replacement therapy (USG). To do this, it is enough to correct the lifestyle, get rid of some habits and try to avoid catalysts.
- Watch the room temperature, avoid overheating.
- Take a cold shower before bed.
- Get rid of bed linen from non-natural materials.
- A cold compress can relieve tide symptoms.
- In addition to this, avoid symptom catalysts.
- Forget the saunas and hot tubs.
- Minimize use of hair dryer.
- Avoid or learn to control stress.
- Try not to drink too hot drinks and dishes.
- Get rid of nicotine addiction.
- Minimize alcohol and coffee.
- Do not use diet pills.
Observance of minor rules and a healthy lifestyle help most to adequately transfer hormonal fluctuations. But note that these activities can alleviate the symptom. The root of the problem (hormonal imbalance) will remain untouched.
Useful tips on the topic:
Practice diaphragmatic breathing.
Eat a balanced diet.
Increase vitamin E intake to 800 mg / day.
Increase the intake of B vitamins.
Add soy protein to your diet.
Start practicing yoga or meditate.
There are several approaches to the relief of menopause symptoms. We recommend starting with less invasive. And only in the event that they do not bring results to apply radical solutions. Ultimately, the hormone disorder is to blame. Therefore, it is logical to start treatment with the use of hormone therapy. Do not rush. The USG has many side effects, the risk associated with its use rarely corresponds to the intended benefits.
Alternative medicine suggests using natural remedies to solve problems caused by hormonal imbalances. In combination with lifestyle changes, herbal-based products can improve a woman’s well-being. But, before buying and applying dietary supplements, consult not with your friends, but with your doctor. A good specialist should be guided in homeopathic preparations and choose the best option.
To date, there are a number of synthetic drugs designed to alleviate the symptoms of hot flashes. Their use is advisable only if menopause causes the woman to have frequent and intense symptoms that alternative treatment methods cannot cope with.
- Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs).
- Medicines for high blood pressure.
- Light sedatives.
- Anticonvulsant drugs.
Before using one of the drugs listed above to alleviate the symptoms of menopause, keep in mind that despite their ability to help cope with hot flushes, they all carry potential health risks.
Magnesium can minimize hot flashes.
In the United States, a pilot study was conducted in which 29 women aged 50 to 54 years took part. All suffered breast cancer and experienced at least 14 hot flashes per week. The researchers suggested they take 400 mg of magnesium oxide (250 mg of elemental magnesium) per day for four weeks. At the end of the experiment, the subjects filled out questionnaires for further data analysis.
The results of the study:
- Of the 25 women who reached the finish line, 17 doses of magnesium were raised to 800 mg of magnesium oxide per day.
- In 14 participants, the frequency of tides decreased by 50% and in 19 by 25% compared with the beginning of the experiment.
- Women also reported that symptoms such as sweating, fatigue, stress resistance levels were gone.
- Light side effects occurred among four women and included headache, nausea and diarrhea.
As a result of a preliminary study, scientists have concluded that magnesium can reduce the frequency of manifestations and the intensity of tides by 50%. But in order to make final conclusions, a larger study is to be conducted using a control group.
Tides during menopause, what it is and how to alleviate the condition
The period when a woman is confronted with menopause is inevitable. Traditionally, this picture is observed at 40 or 50 years of age. At this point, the body is confronted with novelties and radically changing. The skin and organs of the internal type begin to age much faster. Some women endure this condition quite easily. But others are faced with difficulties such as hot flashes during menopause, what it is, and how to alleviate the condition - will be considered in the framework of this material.
Features of the flow of hot flashes during menopause: what is it?
Tides can be a real catastrophe faced by many women of this interesting age. The basis of these physiological processes is the reduction in the number of sex hormones. The body begins to rebuild in accordance with the new age. More simply, the scheme is easy: estrogens are not only responsible for overall functioning, but also have an effect on the central part of thermoregulation.
At a certain age, the number of these hormonal elements is reduced, and the body perceives it as a breakdown. As a result, a smart and wise body tends to send several external signals. These tides are among them. They represent heat, and the body turns on its levers, which are responsible for the normal state of balance. As a result, there are several features characteristic of the state of tides. After a time, the indicators are subject to stabilization.
Symptoms of hot flashes with menopause
The average duration of these attacks is 2 years, and this applies to about 60% of all the fair sex. Over time, the symptoms become less pronounced, they seem to be declining and have a shorter duration.
Rarely, the tides hold up to an hour, the average time during which fever is felt is 2 minutes.
- Before the tide starts, the state of "aura" starts. If the body is overly sensitive, there is a possibility of predicting the start time of the tide.
- After that, the body of the woman begins to feel a significant flow of blood, which is formed in the upper trunk region. Observed redness of the skin.
- There is an increase in the number of contractions of the heart, eventually forming a noticeable dizziness and pain in the head. Women suffer from nausea, lack of air, anxiety and general weakness.
- During the attack, the woman begins a temperature jump, but then everything returns to normal.
- It also increases the amount of sweat secreted, which can spread throughout the body or protrude only above the upper lip. After the temperature drops, a chill occurs, forcing the woman to bask in the shower.
- The frequency of occurrence of these phenomena is also dependent on the time of day. The heat is traditionally formed at night and in the evening, about 10% of women tend to turn to a specialist.
Currently, the issue of such a problem as hot flashes during menopause, what it is, and how to alleviate the condition is being considered. There are many ways to act in this situation, and the choice of the best option is carried out individually.
What factors cause increased tides
There are several factorial features that have an impact on the strengthening of certain sensations, among them there are several points.
- Alcohol and tobacco abuse. This may cause the expansion of vascular elements, as well as increase the severity of symptoms.
- Neglecting the principles of good nutrition, especially if it is dominated by harmful foods. It is fried, spicy, salted or smoked. Therefore, recommendation number 1 is to improve this mode.
- Keep track of the quality of the underwear that you wear: it must necessarily be comfortable, free and comfortable. An important requirement is the lack of restraint of movements.
- Strengthening of this syndrome can be caused by various overvoltages of a nervous nature. It has an effect on this factor and depression, so avoid stress.
- Intensive physical education exercises also have a negative effect on overall health. You should not, of course, give up manual labor, but you also do not need to overdo it.
Symptoms in men have a similar severity, but are accompanied by increased sexual dysfunction.
Is it possible to treat hot flashes without drugs?
So, the tides during menopause, what it is, and how to alleviate the condition? There are several basic techniques designed to provide you with direct assistance in combating this condition if you try. The advice of women surviving this phenomenon is as follows.
- Proper breathing. At the onset of tide, you need to calm down and start abdominal breathing.
- Staying in the clean air is designed to improve the overall situation, for this you need to regularly ventilate the room and use air purifiers.
- At bedtime, the pillow should be cooled. To do this, freeze the plastic bottle and attach it to the area where your head is located during sleep. This will allow all night to rest comfortably.
- Eating plant foods. The main thing is to reduce meat and other protein foods so that they constitute a small percentage of the entire diet. Pay attention to fruits, vegetables, cereals.
- Normalize the internal state so that it does not imply stress. Avoid significant feelings and nervous tension, if you wish, you can do yoga.
Medical practice for menopause tides in women
Now consider what to take in the case of the figuring of the main features of this plan.
- If the cases are running, the doctor implies the use of substitution therapy, which softens the general state of health.
- The use of non-hormonal drugs against hot flashes, they facilitate the symptoms of the phenomenon.
- Therapy with vitamins and dietary supplements also plays an important role.
- Sedatives are widely used to soothe the general condition of the nervous system.
- It is wise to be concerned with anti-depression drugs. Most often, doctors recommend to drink FLUOKSETIN, VENLAFAXIN, CYTALPRAM.
- Homeopathic remedies are another demanded group that allows women to fight against the manifestations of the disease. It contains such pharmaceutical giants as Sepia, LAHESIS, CLIMADINON.
Reviews of these medicinal formulations and their treatment can be easily found on the forum. We considered what are hot flashes in menopause, what it is, and how to alleviate the condition. Rational therapy guarantees a positive effect.
What are hot flashes during menopause and what are the symptoms
The period of climax is a condition that almost every woman faces. It is also worth noting that during this period there are hot flashes during menopause, that these are also symptoms known to many. Although it is also worth noting the fact that some women may suffer from an uncomfortable state for several months, while others suffer for years.
As for related adverse events, the tides in most cases are accompanied by the following pathological conditions:
- mood swings and other.
The nervous system during this period is also vulnerable. This is manifested in the occurrence of nerve instabilities and outbursts of anger may occur or the tearfulness may increase.
During the period of menopause, sleep suffers and may disappear. However, in the event of anxiety, you should consult a doctor, who will help you choose the necessary means to eliminate the pathological manifestations of the climacteric state.
The main symptoms of this condition during menopause are hot flashes.
In order to understand what kind of manifestation it is in the form of heat in menopause, it is necessary to determine what can happen to the female body during this period.
As a rule, menopause is the aging of the ovaries, during which the production of female sex hormones estrogen slows down or stops. The aging process significantly influences the appearance of such pathological syndrome as fever during menopause.
As for the process of thermoregulation in the body, it is affected by the hormonal level, as well as the state of the nervous and vascular systems. Also, with regard to the impact of extraneous external factors on the level of heat transfer, they are all captured by the human body to the maximum and transmitted to the central nervous system. Consequently, a woman suffers from hot flashes during menopause, and this condition motivates to figure out how to remove hot flashes, making the woman’s condition as easy as possible.
After the brain has received a signal, it begins to respond to the condition by the action of hormones on all metabolic processes, namely blood circulation and thermoregulation. Consequently, if a woman begins to worry, then the tides during menopause intensify.
As for hormonal disorders, the phenomenon may be the reason that the signals that enter the brain can definitely be distorted. Because of this, there may be tides during menopause and other unpleasant phenomena.
Manifestations of fever is a condition in which a woman may experience the following symptoms during menopause during a certain period:
- a woman can throw in sweat
- there is a feeling of heat
- unexpected dizziness may occur,
- heartbeat quickens,
- there is a general malaise and weakness.
It is worth noting that often the tides during menopause are accompanied by a feeling of constant anxiety, and the fever can quickly be replaced by a feeling of chills.
The condition can be observed in women during menopause several times a day, as well as the occurrence of such a condition as night tides. They are able to wake a woman who wakes up in a cold sweat or in a fever followed by chills. The process does not pass quickly and can be observed prolonged insomnia. In this case, the question of how to alleviate the condition can be solved only by a specialist, whose actions will be aimed at removing as much as possible the manifestations of hot flashes, whose symptoms and treatment will be different in each case.
Why tides increase during menopause
The causes of these symptoms may be many, but there are certain factors that have a greater influence on the process of thermoregulation dysfunction. Consequently, the intensity of the tides manifested depends on them:
- сильные приливы могут быть вызваны резкой переменой климатических показателей, а именно температуры воздуха,
- the causes of tides can be directly related to the working conditions of the woman. The room may be poorly ventilated or it contains a large amount of cigarette smoke,
- Hot flushes intensify sharply after a woman eats a large amount of coffee, alcohol, salty or spicy foods. This is due to the fact that all these factors can enhance the process of nervous excitement, which is not the best effect on the state of the woman,
- menopause tides may occur due to the use of special preparations by the woman, which are necessary for weight loss and fast fat loss. This is due to the fact that when taking funds increases the metabolic process, which affects the vegetative system of women during menopause,
- Menopause tides often become active during the use of special agents that help thin the blood and accelerate the blood circulation process. Most of these are drugs to increase blood pressure
- climacteric tides are often caused by stressful situations. During the period of stress, an unexpected heat appears, which can only be removed through complete relaxation and rest,
- relief of symptoms can be made by wearing natural fabrics, as synthetic materials are a factor that can increase the incidence of heat,
- reduce tides can reduce physical exertion.
Why does it cause fever in menopause and how to cope with the tides during menopause are the main issues, the solution of which must be complex and all the means used must be selected and monitored by a doctor. This is due to the fact that menopause is a condition of the female body, in which self-medication is not only beneficial, but can be harmful.
Methods of removing climacteric tides
Tides during menopause treatment of the condition should be aimed at increasing the overall level of the immune system of the woman, as well as to ensure feasible physical exertion, which should alternate with rest regularly.
These loads are needed to help the tides end. They should include:
- long walks,
- sport exercises,
- long stay in the fresh air
- sports training (jogging and light exercise).
As mentioned above, clothing is a factor that is of great importance in the appearance of such a state as tides, which is difficult to take off. Therefore, why are the tides during menopause - you can resolve the issue by changing the wardrobe for items made from natural materials, which will not cause excessive sweating, which is difficult to clean. This is due to the fact that synthetics can steam the body, not allowing the body to breathe and there is increased perspiration in women during menopause.
What to do if the tides have suddenly begun - it is immediately recommended to take a shower. This is necessary in order to remove excess sweat from the surface of the body and cool it as much as possible. After the procedure, almost all negative signs recede and it becomes easier to treat hot flashes.
How to get rid of hot flashes during menopause and hot flashes during menopause is what these symptoms are - you can learn from a large number of sources. However, only the gynecologist-endocrinologist will tell how to eliminate this condition without consequences for health.
Rest and sleep are the constant companions of how to fight and how to survive a problem. Consequently, in order to maximally relieve tides during menopause, it is worthwhile to fully relax, a night's sleep should be at least eight hours a day, only then the struggle is effective, and negative consequences do not arise.
In addition to the above information, it is worth saying that a condition such as hot flashes during menopause is often accompanied by dehydration of the body, which can make an impact on the fact that chronic diseases can be exacerbated. With dehydration, this period can be much longer, the reduction of symptoms is not observed, and the lack of fluid affects how the tides appear as a whole.
To exclude a condition, it is necessary to consume the required amount of liquid, in most cases, this volume is two liters.
If you entered the climacter phase, the first thing to do is to ask the gynecologist to explain to you what the tides during menopause are, in order to eliminate as much as possible all the consequences for the woman’s health. This is due to the fact that any alarming or painful condition caused by hot flashes is easier to prevent with a prevention method than to produce a long and costly treatment for a condition that does not want to end.
Tides during menopause: what it is, symptoms, therapy
Despite some similarity of symptoms, menopause reveals itself differently depending on the individual characteristics of a particular woman. Its most unpleasant manifestation are hot flashes during menopause. What it is, symptoms and treatment - such topics are especially interesting for women over the age of 40 years.
In order to try to answer the question of what tides are during menopause, you need to have an idea of what processes take place in the female body in general. The main role in its functioning belongs to sex hormones. The climacteric period begins approximately when the lady steps over the forty-five year threshold. But sometimes unpleasant manifestations can occur in women over 40.
What are tides
In the body of a woman entering menopause, internal organs and systems are under stress. At this time, unfamiliar signs appear earlier.
The mechanism of tides is quite complicated. The following anatomical structures take part in it:
- sweat glands
- heart system
- vascular system,
- some areas of the brain.
Causes of hot flashes are associated with a decrease in estrogen and progesterone volume. Climax is characterized by the fact that normal body temperature is perceived by the hypothalamus as elevated. The body receives a signal of its reduction, which contributes to the appearance of the corresponding symptoms.
Another cause of hot flashes is stress. In some women, this symptom is manifested against the background of poor nutrition, poor environmental conditions and uncontrolled use of hormonal drugs.
Average duration of the tide
This manifestation of menopause makes itself felt either a few years before menopause, or immediately after the end of the "critical days". How long do the tides last? For some women who want to get an answer to the question, hot flashes during menopause, what it is and what symptoms, symptoms can last throughout their lives. Some of the young ladies have this symptom for a year or a little longer.
But even if the hot flashes during menopause last for a very long time, over time their manifestations may become less painful.
There are three main severity of menopause. At the first, mild degree, this symptom will manifest up to ten times a day. If the tides occur from ten to twenty times a day, we are talking about a moderate degree. When there are more than twenty tides in 24 hours, they say about the severe course of menopause.
In rare cases, there are up to 50 hot flashes in women per day. Their duration and frequency depends on a huge number of factors. In anxious people prone to depression, they appear more often. It is not only age that provokes tides. They can occur against the background of a gynecological surgical intervention.
Often this unpleasant symptom bothers a woman at a certain time of day. Some tides appear from 6 to 7 in the morning and in the evening, from 19 to 22 hours. Many complain of nighttime tides.
In women who abuse tobacco products, the excruciating symptoms are present longer. Its intensity increases significantly due to the fact that in vessels there are some changes that are inevitable with frequent inhalation of resins.
Women with hypertension also suffer from prolonged and painful tides. This is because the vessels are subjected to high pressure, and the elasticity of their walls is lost.
It is hard for professional athletes, as well as for ladies who prefer strength training to light physical exertion. Tides occur in them very often and differ in severity.
Menopause involves activity, but it is very important to listen to your body. Otherwise, overloaded muscles, blood vessels and the heart will signal this to the brain, from there a signal will follow to the body, and another tide will appear.
How tide manifests
How do tides appear? The picture of this particular state is quite diverse. Doctors distinguish the following symptoms of hot flashes during menopause:
- noise in the organs of hearing
- aches in the hands, shoulders, chest and neck,
- heart pathologies,
- increase in blood pressure
- vascular diseases,
- nausea, vomiting,
- temperature increase.
Tinnitus can be combined with a sharp exacerbation of hearing. Often women, having discovered this symptom, are morally preparing for the tide. Such a manifestation is due to a slight increase in pressure. Another provocateur can make his jumps. They affect the eardrum, as well as the auricle. Man clearly "hears" noises.
The ache in the upper part of the body is especially painful because it is combined with the sensation of intense heat. This condition is caused by small changes in the tissues of the muscles. The provocateur is smooth muscle, which at this time begins to contract. The feeling of discomfort can drastically change to pain. Some women have cramps that quickly recede.
The most dangerous symptom in menopause is a malfunction of the vascular or cardiac system.
An alarming bell is nausea, which quickly turns into vomiting. On the background of a spasm of cerebral vessels pain in the head appears. Headaches can be replaced by dizziness. Many women have impaired coordination of movements, there may be a pre-unconscious state. Heart rhythm is disturbed, signs of heart failure appear.
The temperature rises only for a short time. It should be understood that the temporary "rush" of heat has nothing to do with the increase in temperature in any disease. In this case, the woman begins to actively stand out sweat. Sometimes she sweats so actively that she needs a quick change of underwear and clothes.
Menopause and hot flashes are not the best period in a woman’s life. Her emotional state also leaves much to be desired. Thoughts of a woman are confused, she is oppressed. Against this background, many of the fair sex develop depressive states. Some even need immediate hospitalization at this time. Often the excruciating symptoms make themselves felt at night. Sleep is disturbed, and in the morning the woman does not feel rested. This leads to new stress.
How to relieve your condition
The most effective remedy for tides is sport. Exercise is very useful in this difficult period. Pursuing a favorite sport, a woman not only gets rid of extra pounds and normalizes the body, but also throws out negative energy. Against the background of pleasant fatigue, vital systems operate in a more even mode, which virtually eliminates the occurrence of tides.
What sport should I choose? If a woman is not a professional athlete, she is better to focus on aerobics, morning or evening jogging, as well as swimming. If possible, it is advisable to attend the racetrack. In addition, a significant benefit to the body brings walking.
For relief of hot flashes, women are advised to stick to a diet. It involves the rejection of all fat, salted and smoked. Drinking alcohol should be minimized. On the table regularly should be fresh vegetables and fruits, cereals are also useful. Meat is desirable to simmer or cook, but not to fry.
It is very important to control your weight, since its increase can provoke the appearance of new changes in the hormonal background.
To stabilize the emotional state, it is useful to pay attention to your favorite work. It is desirable that the hobby was calm. If a woman likes to embroider, sew, knit or mess around in the garden, this will help calm the nervous system.
It is also important to try to avoid stress as much as possible. If it was not possible to avoid conflict, it is recommended not to take the incident to heart. For suspicious people, this can also be difficult. In this case, after a quarrel, it is recommended to do breathing exercises or take a walk in the fresh air.
The room is better to keep cool. Before going to bed, you must always air the bedroom. Before going to bed, it is recommended to cool the pillow. This will have a positive effect on the quality of sleep and will avoid nighttime tides. In warm weather it is better to sleep with the window open. Clothing should be loose, wearing a bra at home is not recommended.
If a woman who has visited menopause and hot flashes, feels the beginning of an attack, she is recommended to make the abdomen at least six to eight breaths and breaths. It is necessary to conduct such gymnastics 15 minutes before going to bed and immediately after waking up.
If a woman is bothered by menopause and hot flashes, she needs to visit a doctor. He may prescribe the following drugs:
- for hormone therapy,
The main goal of hormone therapy is to control hormonal levels. Estrogen deficiency must be replenished. Before prescribing the appropriate drugs, the doctor is obliged to conduct a comprehensive examination, in which blood is taken. After that, the doctor prescribes certain medications.
The independent use of hormonal drugs can contribute to the fact that the tides will only be more painful.
To normalize the pressure, women are prescribed antihypertensive drugs. If problems with it have not been previously observed, taking medication is not constantly recommended. To reduce the temperature, antipyretic drugs are prescribed. Their reception is justified when the thermometer exceeds the level of 38 degrees.
When painful headaches to the woman can be assigned to potent analgesics. For convulsions, it is recommended to take antispasmodic drugs. If a woman suffers from fears, neuroses, and depression, she may be prescribed potent sedatives.
The appointment of non-hormonal therapy
To get rid of vegetative symptoms, a woman is selected for a course of non-hormonal therapy. Non-hormonal drugs are good because they do not cause side effects and are suitable for almost all women. They are prescribed by a doctor when the patient has a serious illness.
Usually, the doctor decides in favor of medicines consisting of natural ingredients. Most often, women are prescribed Klimaktoplan. The main purpose of this drug is to stop the vegetative manifestations and the effects of emotional stress.
What herbs can help
From tides during menopause can help some folk remedies. Before using them, you should consult a doctor: some components may cause an allergic reaction, and this will only aggravate the condition of the woman.
Provide menopause without tides will help such tools:
- soy products
- violet oil,
- flax seed.
Soy products contain vegetable estrogens - isoflavones. Their effect is almost similar to the effect of artificial estrogen, which is used in the treatment of hormonal drugs. By consuming soy foods regularly, you can count on reducing the duration of hot flashes and reducing their frequency. The effect will be much better if a woman begins to use soy, not as additives, but with food.
Violet oil should be used with great care. It often causes side effects. Some women have diarrhea on the background of the use of this product, as well as vague dizziness. The use of violet oil is recommended to refuse women who drink blood thinning medicines.
Flax oil also helps relieve painful symptoms. It is sold not only in finished form. Today, flax can be purchased in the form of seeds and make oil at home.
Tides in women will become less painful if preventive recommendations are followed. Prevention involves the abandonment of junk food and regular exercise.
It is not recommended to withdraw into yourself and cherish negative emotions in the heart. It is advisable to communicate more often with your loved ones and ask for their support. It helps very well to help those who cannot take care of themselves.
Tides during menopause - what is it?
The concept of "tides" is not so studied that it was possible to accurately characterize this state. По большей степени оно имеет индивидуальный характер, потому что во время наступления климакса уровень половых гормонов у каждой женщины изменяется по-своему, влияя на организм индивидуальным образом.
A general description of tides during menopause is expressed in the response of the organism as a whole and all its systems to changes in the amount of hormones. There is a decrease in the level of estrogen and progesterone, to which the hypothalamus can react as if it is a pathological condition, causing a rapid heartbeat or an increase in blood pressure. On the other hand, certain parts of the brain that are responsible for controlling body temperature can take the normal temperature as elevated, clearly demonstrating this feeling of heat and a painful state of the whole organism.
The brain thus tries to protect itself, causing defensive reactions, which are taken for hot flashes during menopause.
Why are tides happening?
As already mentioned, the main reaction to changes in hormone levels is produced by the hypothalamus, which is directly responsible for the production of sex hormones in a woman, as well as for mood, sleep, appetite, and emotions. When estrogen and progesterone begin to fluctuate in their ratio compared with the previous time, the hypothalamus is the first to respond to it. This is expressed in the sensation of heat, when the temperature actually rises or a certain response is created to a change in the hormonal background, that the heat is only an internal sensation without external manifestations of a change in body temperature.
Violation of the cardiovascular system adversely affects the condition of a woman when the number of heartbeats suddenly increases or decreases. In this state, there is a feeling of anxiety and panic, it is not always possible to control your own actions. There is a risk of developing a heart rhythm disorder. Changes in cardiac activity can also be false, when the hypothalamus can respond to the normal functioning of the myocardium with a defensive reaction in which all the same symptoms develop.
Tides can occur at any external stimulus, ranging from loud sound and ending with an offensive word. This confirms the active involvement of hormonal changes in the central nervous system. A woman becomes more impressionable, in some ways irritable and completely unstable to stress. All this adversely affects the development of bycatch and adverse conditions during menopause.
Symptoms and Causes
Since the state before menopause and during it is not a disease, so the symptoms for each woman can be different, and the intensity and time of occurrence does not have clear boundaries.
It is necessary to highlight the main signs of hot flashes that accompany most women:
- Tinnitus or a sharp worsening of hearing - Thanks to this symptom, many women can determine the onset of the tide. For others, this condition is absolutely sudden. This is often due to a slight increase in pressure or short-term jumps, which provokes an impact on the auricle and eardrum, creating some extraneous noise or sound,
- Unpleasant sensations in the upper body (arms, shoulders, neck, chest) - women describe such a state as if they are “broken”, the body is subject to physical changes, plus a sensation of heat is present to everything. This is due to short-term changes in muscle tissue, when there is a simultaneous contraction of smooth muscle and transverse muscle fibers. In this case, the tissues begin to contract involuntarily, causing discomfort to the point of pain. In this case, an analogy is often made with convulsions,
- Violations of the cardiovascular system can be quite dangerous if nausea and vomiting are observed with increasing blood pressure. In addition, a spasm of cerebral vessels leads to severe pain in the head, dizziness, poor coordination of movements, pre-unconscious states, up to loss of consciousness. Heart rhythm disturbances are dangerous in the development of arrhythmias and heart failure,
- Hanging temperature - is of short duration and may be a false sign without a valid change in body temperature. In any case, the woman abruptly throws into heat with the formation of significant sweating. In some cases, after the cessation of an attack, a change of clothes is necessary because of its moisture from sweat. The general condition of the woman after this is unsatisfactory, there is emptiness, confusion of thoughts and the possibility of developing depression.
It should be noted that most of the time symptoms develop at night. This brings additional inconvenience and discomfort, disrupting the rhythm of sleep and rest. The next day, the woman feels completely overwhelmed and tired.
What triggers hot flashes?
The main causes of tides, as already mentioned, hormonal disruptions and conditions of the body that develop because of this.
However, there are a number of provoking factors that can cause a surge or become a catalyst for deterioration:
- Stressful situations - directly affect the excitability of the nervous system, which is already affected by the hypothalamus. Additional excessive emotions adversely affect the work of the nervous system and can cause hot flashes instantly. By the way, this concerns not only negative emotions, but equally positive ones, which act as a causative agent on the central nervous system with the same force.
- Medication intake - first of all, this refers to hormonal drugs, which by their action can aggravate the state of the hormonal background, if they are not aimed at restoring it. In addition, many antidepressants affect the nervous system, and antibiotics affect the gastrointestinal tract and indirectly the production of hormones. Intake of drugs, not agreed with the doctor, can significantly worsen the condition of the woman, increase the number of hot flashes and their intensity.
- Nutrition - junk food containing many carcinogens (fried, smoked, overly salty), adversely affects the stomach and pancreas, stimulating many receptors of the nervous and endocrine systems. Drinking alcohol and strong coffee has a similar effect, which causes excessive excitation or depression of the central nervous system.
- Environmental impact - heat and stuffiness lead to a significant loss of moisture, increased pressure and possible fainting. Given the individual characteristics of the body, even a slight overheating in the sun can cause a tide condition.
- In some cases, the tide may even be provoked by clothing that does not fit the weather or is smaller. This is especially true of underwear or clothing that is adjacent to open areas of the body. Discomfort and inconvenience actively affect the psychomotor functions of the body, causing negative emotions and arousal of the nervous system.
What to do with menopause to avoid hot flashes?
- Sports activities - Many doctors recommend exercise during menopause, because it not only positively affects the body and the work of all organs, but also helps to get rid of excess energy, including negative. Concentration during exercise and slight pleasant fatigue after it has a beneficial effect on the general condition of the body, forcing its systems to work in a balanced rhythm.
- Diet - completely refuse fatty foods, alcohol, preferring fruits and vegetables, cereals and dietary products. Meat is preferably consumed, steamed or boiled. An important point is the control of body weight, because weight gain carries with it additional hormonal changes.
- Activities favorite activity (hobby) - It has a positive effect on the emotional background of a woman, calming her and not irritating the nervous system.
- Avoiding conflicts and stress - Compliance with this item may be the most difficult, because some women have frequent conflicts at work, others in the family. It is necessary to try to reduce their occurrence, not giving in to provocations or avoiding unpleasant situations as much as possible. If there are quarrels, it is necessary to take the least seriously as possible, thinking about something good and pleasant.
Since the tides during menopause are not a pathology, but are due to age parameters, rebuilding of the body and the individual characteristics of the woman, the treatment is symptomatic:
- Hormone therapy - is aimed at regulating the hormonal background of the body, complementing the lack of estrogen. Before prescribing and use, blood tests and blood tests are taken, from which the percentage ratio of certain hormones can be seen. On the basis of this selected drugs in individual dosage. It is not recommended to take hormonal drugs "on the advice" or "for advertising", you should always consult a doctor,
- Antihypertensives - used to lower blood pressure at high tide. You should not take drugs all the time, if before that there were no problems with pressure,
- Antipyretics - taken with a prolonged rise in body temperature with a value above 38 0,
- Analgesics - designed to relieve headaches,
- Antispasmodics - used for spasms and mild convulsive states,
- Soothing agents - have a beneficial effect on the nervous system, contribute to the normalization of sleep, relieve anxiety.
Folk remedies at high tides
The basis of the treatment of tides folk remedies - taking soothing decoctions and tinctures. Most of them have a positive effect on the body and nervous system, calming it and protecting it from stressful situations.
The most common plants are considered to be:
- Honey and beets. Need to take 100 ml. fresh honey and as much fresh beetroot juice. The ingredients are mixed and consumed in 2 divided doses throughout the day.
- Hawthorn. Juice is squeezed out of the fruit and filled with alcohol in a ratio of 1: 2. Infusion stored in a dark place for 2 weeks. Receiving tinctures to carry out 40 drops 3 times a day,
- Sage. A tablespoon of dry plants is poured boiling water (400 ml). Broth must be allowed to cool, then strain and take instead of tea. Do not add a small amount of honey.
Prevention of tides during menopause is quite simple - adherence to proper nutrition and an active lifestyle. This will several times reduce the intensity of those symptoms that occur in 70-80% of women during menopause.
You should not dwell on the age or on a given period of life when the body is subject to hormonal restructuring. This is a natural process over which you need and can have control.
Most importantly, women should not withdraw into themselves, succumbing to negative emotions. If possible, stressful situations should be excluded. A regular consultation with a doctor and the observance of all appointments will make it much easier to survive this period of time.
Tides - what it is and why they come
Among the symptoms of menopause defining the physiological and psycho-emotional state of a woman are systematic tides. These are bouts of fever that can appear suddenly, as a rule, they are accompanied by profuse sweating and other associated symptoms.. Such a state can appear several times a day and last from thirty seconds and longer.
Lack of estrogen contributes to the influence on the function of thermoregulation in the body. Sex hormones give a signal to the brain, while the stabilization of body temperature occurs through changes in the state of the blood vessels (contraction, expansion), reduction of muscle fibers, reduction or increase in sweating.
And when hormones change, there is a reduction in the production of hormones that affect the receptors of thermoregulation, there is a violation of the functioning of the vascular system and other organs, which ensure normal heat exchange in the body. The wavelike sensation of heat is a symptom of hormonal imbalance.
The brain division of the hypothalamus is responsible for the processes of thermoregulation, which, under the influence of a failure at the hormonal level during menopause, perceives body temperature as high. Heartbeat arises, vasodilation than the hypothalamus reduces the heat, releasing the body from excess fluid and heat.
The conductors of this kind of action of the brain are hormones adrenaline, serotonin, prostaglandins, which transmit signals to tissues and organs.
At what age does menopause occur?
Climax - an individual concept for each woman. Flow
this restructuring of the body, like its beginning, can occur in any period after forty years.
Lately there is a tendency of "rejuvenation" of the climacteric period. The average age of onset of aging is 45-50 years.
It happens that menopause occurs in forty years, and sometimes the restructuring in the body occurs at sixty. This is the so-called early and late menopause.
Among the factors contributing to early menopause are reduced sexual activity. Female sex hormones are predominantly produced during sex, and when there are no signals to the brain for production, the reproductive function decreases. For the same reason, there is a late menopause with regular and systematic sex life.
In addition, great importance is the time of menopause, heredity, as well as other individual indicators of the body. It happens that the tides come after menopause.
Signs of tides
What are the symptoms of hot flashes in women? The main symptom of periodic thermal tides is a short-term increase in body temperature and pronounced sweating.. First, the face area (cheeks, forehead) reddens, then the heat passes through the neck, arms, upper body.
At the same time, the heartbeat becomes more intense, weakness appears, headache and dizziness are possible. This condition can proceed quickly: from thirty seconds, and can last up to an hour or even longer. Completes the tide of a large amount of sweat and the condition of the chill.
The severity of tides for each woman's body is different, as the duration of the attack varies: in some, the sensation of fever may be weak, in others it may be intense, with accompanying symptoms, such as:
- growing anxiety, anxiety,
- trembling limbs
- there is a lack of air due to panic,
Tides can occur not only during the day, but during a night's sleep.. In some cases, sweat is released with such intensity that it is necessary to change clothes for a comfortable state. As a rule, the heat attack in a dream is imperceptible, but then, when sweating occurs, the laundry becomes wet, cold, which causes the woman to wake up. Accompanied by this state of insomnia, fatigue, stress, nervousness.
Slow and smooth decrease in the level of estrogen contributes to a less noticeable and easier course of the restructuring of the body.
Does the feeling of heat always come with climax
The flow of menopause without hot flashes is more atypical than self-evident. Tides are a major indicator of menopause.
When there are no tides, it is not always possible to immediately determine the onset of the menopause.
Violation of thermoregulation during menopause is a natural process, but when it does not occur, there is a violation in the chain of thermoregulatory process.
In this case, you can determine the onset of menopause by other related signs: lethargy, insomnia, menstrual disorders, headaches, unusual sweating, joint pain, increase (decrease) in body weight.
Sometimes an increase in body temperature can occur without sweating. The absence of heat, as well as the absence of sweat in the event of hot flashes is a pathological process on the part of the vegetative system of the body.
In what cases may the occurrence of hot flashes, except menopause
Violation of thermoregulation in the body in certain cases can occur not only because of the onset of menopause, but also due to other processes in the female body.
Conventionally, they can be divided into two groups:
- not dependent on diseases and pathologies,
- dependent on pathological processes in the body.
The causes of non-disease dependent tides may include the following factors:
- overly spicy foods.
Pathological factors causing hot flashes are the following pathologies and conditions of the female body:
- thyroid gland disorders (hypothyroidism, hyperthyroidism),
- destabilization of the nervous system (vascular dystonia),
- adrenal dysfunction,
- hypertonic disease,
- malignant tumors, benign neoplasms in the body,
- side effects from taking a certain category of medicines,
- инфекционные и простудные явления в организме.
If there are jumps in heat, the cause of their occurrence is most often hormonal changes in the body or impaired functioning of the cardiovascular system.
How to relieve symptoms
Relief of hot flashes that occur during menopause, it is possible to provide with the help of hormone replacement therapy, as well as through other means: drugs, folk therapy. Great importance to facilitate the state has a day regimen and diet.
In addition, drugs are prescribed that can alleviate the condition during menopause:
- non-hormonal drugs (dietary supplements),
- sedatives and sedatives
- homeopathic medicines
Other effective remedies that women use to alleviate the negative symptoms of menopausal hot flashes are:
- soothing baths with herbs,
- massage activities
- cold and hot shower,
- change in diet, excluding spicy, fatty foods, with a predominance of vegetables and fruits,
- normalization of water balance
- daily exercise,
- regular change of linen and casual wear.
A prerequisite is a visit to the doctor, who will correctly select the drugs and give important recommendations.
Treatment of folk remedies
To alleviate the symptoms of menopause, especially hot flashes, at home take broths, tinctures of medicinal herbs and fees. Natural ingredients contribute to a milder reduction of acute symptoms, and less likely to have adverse and allergic reactions.
Self-prepared tools may contain:
- daisy collection,
- motherwort grass
- picking valerian,
- swamp suicenice
Depending on the content of the infusion of water or decoction with herbs, you can eliminate the indisposition, calm the nervous system, alleviate the general condition of the body during hot flashes.
In addition to the preparation of herbal medicinal decoctions, at home you can take baths with the addition of soothing herbs.. Baths, as well as a douche, reduce sweating, help stimulate the work of the body's secretory activity.
In order for medicinal herbs to have an effect and not lead to side effects, one should take a dose, as well as take breaks in the intake.
Treatment of hot flushes with hormonal drugs
Hormone therapy includes taking hormone-containing drugs that help maintain hormonal balance at the required level:
- containing estrogen, progesterone. Normalize sleep and eliminate painful symptoms
- containing melatonin, zircadin. Stabilize the nervous system and cardiovascular activity.
Hormone therapy has a lot of contraindications: a tendency to tumor formation, diabetes mellitus, a predisposition to thrombus formation, kidney and liver disease in a chronic course.
Hormonal drugs should be prescribed and taken in strict accordance with the recommendations of the doctor. Independently you can not assign yourself hormonal drugs.
The duration of hormonal drugs should not exceed five years.
Thus, the tides characterize the onset of a new stage in the life of a woman's body, are the body's natural reaction to hormonal changes during menopause. It is impossible to completely get rid of them, but it is under the power to reduce the severely flowing symptoms. To do this, you should be examined by a doctor who, by results, will help you choose the right drug and will consult you on nutrition and the day regimen.
Symptoms of hot flashes with menopause
Duration of tides can have significant individual variations: from a few seconds to an hour.
Tides during menopause have symptoms of the so-called "vasomotor" disorder, that is, due to the reaction of the vessels to the provoking factor. And in this case, the reaction of the vessels will be in the direction of expansion, so the tides during menopause are hot.
The tide begins suddenly, with the appearance of a sensation of heat in the face, which extends to the neck, upper chest. The skin reddens, sweat appears on the face and neck, the body temperature rises from 0.5 to 1.5 degrees, although the sensation of heat occurs only in the upper part of the body.
The phenomenon of fever modern researchers explain the dysfunction of the thermoregulation center in the brain under the influence of vascular imbalance caused by the failure of female sex hormones.
The tide symptom is rather unpleasant and is accompanied by a sharp increase in heartbeat, which can reach 130 beats per minute, as well as headache and general sweating.
- The tide attack ends as suddenly as it begins.
Treatment of hot flashes with menopause - 7 doctor's advice
Correction of a woman’s health should be carried out at any frequency of hot flashes during menopause. Treatment is complex, and primarily aimed at eliminating the cause of menopause - hormonal deficiency.
As a rule, with the elimination of estrogen deficiency, normalization of the central nervous system and nerves that regulate the lumen of blood vessels occurs, which leads to the disappearance or reduction of the severity of hot flashes.
The second, but no less important direction in the treatment of menopausal disorders is to optimize "human" moments, such as regimen, nutrition, and physical activity.
How to get rid of hot flashes with menopause without medication?
It is difficult to completely eliminate the symptoms of high tide during menopause. But the implementation of general health recommendations will reduce the frequency and severity of this unpleasant manifestation of menopause.
1. Daily regime:
- good sleep, you need to go to bed at one time,
- do not eat, read or work before bedtime
- avoid physical exhaustion, night work,
- for the correction of insomnia, it is preferable to walk before bedtime, take a bath, use aroma lamps with soothing essential oils,
- it is better to do without sleeping pills, since the subsequent rejection of them is difficult and entails the return of the problem.
2. Nutrition. It is necessary to exclude:
- white sugar,
- flour products: bread, cakes, pastries,
- products containing margarine, confectionery fats and other types of fats and oils,
- limit the overall consumption of fats and oils, as well as any kind of fried foods,
- salt intake is minimized.
The basis of nutrition should be:
- raw and cooked vegetables and fruits. It is especially useful to use a lot of vegetables of green, leafy and spicy greens,
- whole-grain products, such as bread, pasta, unpolished grits,
- fish 2 times a week, lean meats 1-2 times a week,
- low fat dairy products
- dishes cooked with roasting, boiling, stewing, cooked in a double boiler and grilled,
- try to stick to a fractional diet: eat a small amount of permitted foods every 3 hours.
It is recommended to include in the diet foods containing vegetable estrogens:
- soybeans, tofu, lentils, chickpeas, nuts,
- different types of cabbage, carrots, parsley, garlic,
- raw or germinated sunflower seeds, ground or germinated seeds of flax, germinated grains of wheat, rye,
- red grapes (with peel), apples, cherries, dates.
It is better to exclude the use of alcohol, otherwise you should not exceed the amount equivalent to 20 g of strong alcohol at a time. This is about 1 glass of wine. Restriction of coffee is also necessary, as caffeine can provoke hot flashes.
It is important to observe an adequate drinking regime: on a day, without taking into account other liquids, drink at least 1, 5 liters of pure water without gas.
3. Physical activity.
Advantages of physical activity is to increase the overall tone, improve metabolism and activity of brain cells, which helps to reduce the intensity and frequency of hot flashes. There is also a decrease in the amount of adipose tissue, which favorably affects the course of menopause.
The main thing in physical activity is not intensity, but regularity. Daily, even short workouts are much more effective than long, but rare exercises.
When tides appear, the following types of physical activity are recommended:
- morning gymnastics: in bed, immediately after waking up “capillary gymnastics” by Nishi, regular morning gymnastics, including joint exercises and stretching,
- walking, including “Nordic” walking with sticks,
- power exercises with small dumbbells,
4. Psychological discharge:
- relaxation, autogenic training,
- meditative practice
- hobbies and hobbies.
5. Additional methods: self-massage, body rubbing with a brush, a contrast shower, baths with herbs and essential oils, light-air baths.
6. Special treatment that can be obtained in the conditions of the sanatorium:
- anodic galvanization of the brain,
- galvanization of the neck and facial area
- central electroanalgesia,
- massage of the neck area
- underwater shower massage
- herbal baths, mineral water, radon, bromine, pearl,
- climatic treatment: aerotherapy in the mountains and forest zones, hydrotherapy in the southern seas, heliotherapy - mud treatment.
7. New methods include the introduction of stem cells under the skin or intravenously. Neuronal stem cells improve the interaction between cells of different parts of the brain, which deteriorates with age and during menopause, which can help reduce the likelihood of developing tides.
Drugs - what to take when menopause of hot flashes?
Drug treatment involves an integrated approach aimed at eliminating the various causes of hot flashes. The main groups of drugs are as follows:
1. Hormonal drugs
They form the basis of MHT - menopausal hormone therapy, which is effective because of its “pathogeneticity”, that is, it has an effect directly on the mechanism of menopause.
Partially eliminating the estrogen deficiency, MGT leads to minimization of the negative effect of the transition period on the main organs and systems, including tides disappear or their severity significantly decreases. Of the long-term effects of MHT, it is important to prevent the development of late complications: cardiovascular diseases and osteoporosis.
The appointment of hormonal drugs by a gynecologist and after a thorough examination, to exclude the presence of contraindications to such treatment.
Hormonal treatment is always strictly individual, since it is necessary to take into account all the peculiarities of a particular woman’s state of health and to prescribe the drug depending on the goals set jointly by the doctor and patient.
The average duration of MGT when taking combination drugs is 7 years, while taking only estrogen - 5 years. Throughout the treatment, a continuous monitoring of the woman’s condition, gynecological examinations, and preventive examinations are carried out: mammography, lipid and other blood parameters, ECG.
- It should be noted that with MGT use minimally optimal doses that have a real improvement in well-being and are not accompanied by side effects. In recent years, "ultra-low-dose" drugs have appeared.
In addition to tablets for oral administration, there are various versions of the dosage form in the form of patches and gels, carrying out the introduction of hormones through the skin.
The positive effects of MGT:
- after 2-3 months, the intensity of tides decreases, sleep returns to normal, the general state of health and mood improves, interest in life returns,
- improving memory and brain function, lowering blood pressure, improving the condition of the skin and mucous membranes,
- prevention of stroke, heart attack, osteoporosis (bone destruction), Alzheimer's disease.
2. Non-hormonal tides
Treatment without hormones is an alternative method that is used only if it is impossible to use MHT. According to research, the tides during menopause decreased in 50% of women while taking drugs containing bioflavonoids.
Bioflavonoids are plant substances that have an effect on the woman's body that is similar to the effect of estrogen, therefore they are also called phyto-estrogens or plant estrogens. The most famous are bioflavonoids of soybean, tsimifuga and red clover.
Preparations of soybean isoflavones reduce hot flashes and their severity by 26%. These include dietary supplements such as Inoklim, Klimasoya, Estrovel, Soifem, Doppelgerts-menopause, Femwell.
Preparations containing cimifugu:
- Klimadinon. This drug is not a dietary supplement, and a full-fledged drug
- Homeopathic drugs: Remens, Klimaktoplan, Neoklimsal, Klimaksan,
- Supplements: Chi-Klim, Klimadeton.
Drugs for tides in women that affect the level of the brain:
- Beta alanine
- Vitamin E,
- Magnesium + B6.
Vitamin preparations for menopause from tides are used both in isolation and in combination. Recommended long-term intake of vitamins A, E, vitamins of group B (B1 and B6), as well as vitamin C prescribed periodic courses.
- Preparations: menopace, pharma-honey, lady-formula and others.
Herbs - valerian, motherwort, hawthorn, oregano, as well as complex herbal dietary supplements: Climaton, Climacterin, Fitolyuks, Gerbamarin-femina, Mabusten, etc.
Why are the tides during menopause
At the time of menopause, all urinary organs suffer significant changes. Follicles cease to develop as needed, the egg does not mature, and ovulation ceases. Also, the follicles are gradually replaced by connective tissue, which causes the ovaries to shrink.
Why tides appear during menopause:
- The main cause of seizures is an imbalance of hormones and changes in the functionality of the ovaries.
- An important role is played by the lifestyle of the patient. With improper diet, poor climate and other negative factors, tides occur more often and more intensively. Some women calmly endure this period, while others constantly need to be watched.
- Another cause of hot flashes in menopause is the systematic use of certain medications that aggravate the unstable condition of a woman, which causes the heat waves to "cover" more often. Treatment of oncology, for example, with Tamoxifen, is particularly strongly affected.
The mechanism of development of seizures is as follows: when the level of estrogen decreases in the blood, the changes strongly influence the hypothalamus. This part of the brain is responsible for human sleep, the production of sex hormones, appetite, and thermoregulation. Experts still do not know exactly how the hypothalamus relates to the regulation of temperature.
In menopause, the hypothalamus suddenly sees a rise in temperature, hence sweating, tachycardia, and dilation of blood capillaries. So the body is trying to reduce the temperature and avoid excessive heat. The process is triggered by the nervous system.
Estrogen deficiency affects all urinary organs, cells, epidermis, bones, mammary glands, oral mucosa and conjunctiva, so various changes and disorders are also possible here. In the menopausal period, the risks of increasing cholesterol, the development of ischemic diseases, osteoporosis and the occurrence of disorders of psycho-emotional disorder increase.
What strengthens the tides
The main factor in the appearance of heat waves is an imbalance of hormonal levels. The strength and duration of the attacks are influenced by the characteristics of the body, the psychological and emotional state of the woman, her lifestyle.
Attack tide increases in such situations:
- A woman consumes fatty, too hot and spicy food. If you follow a diet can significantly reduce the intensity of the manifestations.
- Depression, regular fatigue, psychoemotional instability often provoke an increase in the menopausal syndrome.
- The use of alcohol, drugs and smoking affects all organs and systems. In the process of expanding blood vessels, which causes an intense wave of heat.
- A long stay in a hot, too stuffy room provokes a strong attack.
- Wearing too tight underwear, constraining movement. Such clothes can not be worn at all with menopause, especially if it is accompanied by tides.
- If you constantly overwork, engage in heavy sports and overload yourself, the symptoms of menopause will increase.
- Regular consumption of caffeine drinks and high amounts of sugar exacerbates the condition of a woman.
Tides during menopause can be reduced by observing a normal lifestyle and a balanced diet.
How many hot flashes happen per day
How many times and what intensity will be the next wave of heat, is influenced by many factors. The female body is very complex, and all people are individual, so it is impossible to say specific numbers. However, doctors have determined the approximate indicators, based on general statistics. If the menopause is easy, during the day the number of attacks is not more than ten. The average severity of the course is about 20 times a day, and more than 20 is a sign of a severe menopausal period. Intense tides manifest themselves in 10-15% of patients aged 45-55 years. Длительность волны варьируется от 1 минуты до 10.
Сколько по времени длятся приливы
The question of how long the tides last is definitely impossible to answer. On average, one attack has a duration of 30 seconds. -7 min. Some women experience this period for an hour, while others have never experienced hot flashes. If we talk about years, continue hot flashes with menopause can from 1 year to 6 or more.
Frequency, strength and duration is determined individually. A certain percentage of women experience the first manifestations of premenopause. In some patients, attacks of hot flashes can not last long and occur directly during menopause, while others in postmenopausal women. This is the norm, but the woman should be under the regular medical supervision of the entire menopause.
Is menopause possible without hot flashes?
According to doctors, the tides are always there, but they differ in strength and frequency. When an attack lasts about 1 min. and repeated only 2-4 times a day, ladies do not pay attention to it. The remaining menopausal symptoms remain unchanged. Climax without tides does not pass, just some patients do not focus on this symptom and almost do not notice it.
How to get rid of hot flashes during menopause
The symptoms of menopause unpleasant and sometimes intolerable. Women approaching their age when menopause sets in, experience how to overcome the most “terrible” sign of loss of reproductive functions - tides. Therapy is possible after a visit to the doctor, because only he can choose the optimal treatment.
In addition, hot flashes can be not only a symptom of menopause, but also other pathological disorders in the body that threaten the patient's health. Methods of treatment are selected individually, you can often do without drugs or use traditional recipes.
To cope with the tides, it is sometimes enough just to follow some tips to improve the quality of life. Interacting with a physician you need to adhere to these rules:
- Compliance with the drinking regime - in order for the female body to function properly a day, you need to drink at least 1.5 liters of pure water. Night tides cause sweating, because of what you need to constantly fill the water balance,
- Healthy food - you need to eat less salt, sugar and fat. It is better to eat vegetable food, cereals, dairy products and fish regularly. Fatty meat is replaced by dietary - it's chicken, turkey and rabbit. Food and drinks should not be hot, they are used exclusively in the form of heat,
- Motor activity - a small load allows you to restore metabolism, strengthen the heart and blood vessels, helping to reduce the intensity of tides,
- Quiet breathing - to get rid of attacks, you can try a simple breathing technique. Slowly, moderately and deeply breathe a stomach, one minute - eight breaths. Such gymnastics soothes the nerves, thereby delaying attacks and reduces the intensity,
- No stress - you need to think positively, to be calm and balanced, even if there are constant negative emotions and difficulties around,
- Style of clothes - all ladies want to look great, but you need to know how to combine stylish clothes with the clothes that can be worn during menopause. Attacks become more frequent if you wear too narrow clothes made of synthetics. The fabric creates heat, because of which the probability of an attack increases significantly,
- Swimming, yoga, fitness strengthen the body's defenses, improve the condition of muscles and nerves. To lead an active lifestyle is possible only if there are no associated pathologies and contraindications to this,
- Coolness - to overcome the tides, you need to ventilate the room before going to bed. Well helps cooling pillows. If it is large, place a container of water in the freezer, and then on a pillow. Thanks to this, a woman can avoid seizures throughout the night.
If you can not cope with the tides on your own, you need the help of a doctor. The relief of symptoms is facilitated by special preparations.
Value of vitamins
A deficiency of vitamins and minerals adversely affects a woman’s health. When the tides, it is unacceptable, because of this attacks will be strong and long. Vitamins A, C, E help to strengthen the body, and also have an antioxidant effect. To make up for the lack of need to eat cereals, fruits, vegetables and nuts. Relieve tides during menopause will help potassium and magnesium, you can drink special vitamin and mineral complexes.
Svetlana, 53 years old
My mother also once suffered greatly from these tides. Heat during menopause is a very unpleasant symptom, only now I realized this when I myself was tormented by it. I tried to find a balance for a long time, tried many medications and chose Climalanin. Fighting menopause has become easier, the tides do not appear often, and special torment does not deliver. I still drink this drug 2 tablets per day, and I advise everyone.
Oh, how these tides tortured me, there is no more strength. I have long wanted to try some pills, but I never went to the doctor. I myself feel that I already need a psychologist, my mood has deteriorated so much. I don’t like hospitals, but I’ll probably have to contact you
But I learned to cope with all the symptoms. I have 4 children, rare attacks, and not very strong. I feel fine, eat right, do a little yoga. I adjusted my diet myself, often in the open air, taking baths with sage. I think it was this way of life that helped me. Women, give up alcohol, smoking and junk food. Only a healthy lifestyle helps to cope with the signs of menopause. No drugs can affect menopause properly, only self-improvement, harmony with oneself and the body will guarantee a reduction in menopausal symptoms.